Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the point of any of this? [Game End]

+15
Cure
deo
Cthulhuhoop
Aeiou
ezzelin
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
Five
high seraph
drandahl
Rasei
* Baccano Girl Jeanne *
Tiki The Troll
Ninfia
Luxaria
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 46]

Cure

Cure

Fwiw I tried to be obvious with my nicknames and I also put them in player list order so you can cross reference if any are still vague

Entelechy

Entelechy

I am barely tracking any of these nicknames. I am going to stop, because its just more trouble than its worth. Lux, unfortunately, I am not going to find that picture of a towel again : P Too much work, and I have a busy evening ahead.

Anyway, that aside.

I am going to tentatively vote Lucas, because he was on two mafias with killed Ezzelin off early, and I can't tell if anyone is acting scummy through the haze of nicknames (other than perhaps Dran, but he always seems this way). I hate to vote for someone who hasn't posted yet, and if he has a good reason I'll unvote, but I really distrust people who are silent without a real good reason.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Day One Vote Tally

Outfit-changing Journalist vs. Five Cure
Feathered Shell Artist vs. drandahl deo
Punning Robot Bookie vs. high seraph

high seraph I
Cure I

Bonus points to my lovely assistant, ezzelin, for tallying this earlier ~
If I missed any or got yours wrong, let me know

Last edited by Luxaria on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

high seraph

high seraph

ok first of all why do all my nicknames involve brazil i am not a country i am pERSON whose identity doeNST entirely revolve around samba and rio de janeiro and unstable wi-fi and expensive video games ok?????/ ok.

second of all i kinda need to apologize because some Serious Shit happened a few hours before the game started and it really took a toll on me for the past two days. I'm!! mostly ok!!!! but I might not be able to post as frequently as a I normally do which....... i'm really sorry for... I'm actually really exhausted atm despite having slept a lot and im just not exactly suRE what im supposed to do but i guess rambling about it in the middle of a mafia game isn't gonna do a lot of good (sorry)

FWIW, I haven't managed to spend a lot of time analyzing why Actual Cannibal would've been picked as the NK because, like I said, I haven't been here much at all, but given the fact that it wasn't entirely clear whether or not the game was all-vanilla until the start of D1 (iirc?), I think it's more than just a little likely that the mafia would want to target her because 1) she tends to get scarier as the game progresses and 2) despite that, i don't think that many players have played a lot of games with her, which would make her an unlikely target for protective roles.

i doN't... have a lot of concrete thoughts on the other players yet... I'M ALSO having a bit of a hard time trying to understand what people have been referring to other people as... Like, I suppose Housr of Dicks has already made up a name for each player and I could understand a few of them but not... all...?

@ Birb Friend, I think u should... bold ur vote... But I also think you shouldn't tbh. I already explained my absence above, and I'm really sorry for not being around as much as I'd like. For what is worth, I think it's silly to vote me only because I've been on mafia teams that killed Actual Cannibal in the past, especially if you're going to use Volleymaf as your evidence. The mafia had zero control over who would end up dead in that game, so killing Actual Cannibal wasn't a deliberate decision we made. Spacemaf, on the other hand, had a system that forced us to think about our kills a lot more strategically. All in all, the circumstances in which I've agreed to kill Actual Cannibal in previous games are drastically different from the current scenario, in which the mafia had an entire phase to do anything they'd like and actually choose to kill her.

What I'm trying to say is that this is a really weak reason to vote for me? I understand that we're at the earliest stage of the game and we don't have a lot to go with, as it's expected from D1, but??? That reason is still weak af lmao.

high seraph

high seraph

also here's a towel i'd rub all over my body

i guess i could keep it by my side too

nsfw????:

ezzelin

ezzelin

hi captain kidd pets u a lot I hope things get better for you!!

also

nautilus

nautilus

i

am not doing very well

think it's because of the current costume i am wearing at the moment this frickin' username is cursed

well,

if i'm hospitalized it was nice knowing all of you

some thoughts:
tripe is correct that a lot of my names are terrible injokes and references to other mafia games (see: the fact that angry tornado puncher correctly identified himself as the person i voted for before the vote tally was up, and the fact that plush monkey knew i was referring to him since plush monkey is a reference to a game where he was a lovable, huggable neutral whose win condition involved everyone showering him with affection) and tripe's name

yeah they know why i'm calling them tripe

a) for the most part the nicknames i'm using seem to be pretty straightforward to the individuals that i refer to in my posts - monkey knew i was referring to him and so did dinosaur dating sim, physics defying breasts correctly knew i was referring to him in my spiel about cats vs dogs, and it can probably be inferred from their posts that i was speaking to them or about them (and had i not been, i would've done what plush monkey had done when yume nikki incorrectly made dinosaur dating sim the fox and corrected them). insofar no one other than Ominously Staring Bird has asked me to clarify who i'm talking about in posts, i think, but if any further clarification is needed let me know i'd be happy to do it

if anything absolutely spotless cleaning job referring to individuals as That Person earlier is much more vague, at least i've exhibited some degree of consistency

b) if i were to vote for someone and use an obscure nickname or something the vote tally revealing the exact nature of my vote and the identity of who i voted upon completely defeats the purpose of me obscuring information

of the most obscure names that i've been using (that a cat has told me she doesn't know):

- badly translated video game hasn't posted yet, likes video games, and has a vote on them
- eats, shoots, and leaves likes to eat they like to eat a lot
- absolutely spotless cleaning job is someone whose nickname is edible who a dog doused in bleach from lit maf
- hit to key is a punning piece of shit who has broken my heart multiple times

anyways:

i'mma gonna unvote: angry tornado puncher 'cause he's posted

i am really wondering where eats, shoots, and leaves/badly translated video game are because i remember them being more active in games

as it stands since i've unvoted, i think there are two votes on a badly translated video game (one of which isn't in the correct format...?), and one on an ominously staring bird of the two individuals that are up for vote i'm less inclined to vote for ominously staring bird because if i'm right flying tardis just kind of RNG'd their vote on her to begin with

tbh i kind of want to vote for someone who hasn't yet posted (so in that vein: either hop on badly translated video game's lynch, or vote on ????/eats, shoots, and leaves) because i think silence in vanilla games is a serious no-go, since by saying nothing you're basically making it impossible for anyone to read you and giving no information to the town in exchange but at the same time people might have legitimate reasons for being inactive, though i recall eats, shoots, and leaves being more active in lit maf at least?? and same with video game

i think i'm going to go to sleep first and then wake up later and vote though because i am not!! feeling good and if this post makes no sense i'm gomen

also i miss plush monkey already i hope he's ok :(

edit: holy fuck i got ninja'd thrice

badly translated video game, why am i house of dicks go home

i'll read your post when i wake up

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Captain Random-Caps is right, there is so much more to him than his country of origin

There's the way he flails about his posts, the charts he makes, flailing as he screams, random capslock, and screaming OMFG whilst flailing

Respect the man

(Oh, and also, I hope you're okay, Captain Random-Caps =( )

Cure

Cure

okay i'm home and i will be bringing words but that post will take a bit so i'm saying a couple things real quick

first of all

What's the point of any of this? [Game End] - Page 12 NjKlD6p

a towel

second of all i will not be voting for my brother who is an angel now that he has posted

i will probably vote for an inactive player (faceless anne, nickel where are you), my sister the waterbender because she just sort of fucked off after voting me and i am apprehensive about these votes, or the goose for reasons i will get into in my next post

the goose is most likely

@lord english your nicknames aren't that bad they're just obscure enough that it's confusing to anyone who isn't the person you're referring to and i think accessible nicknames are good i tried to make mine really obvious to at least most of the players by referring to their usernames or very recent games (ka-caw is the only one that's really an inside joke that only a couple people would get) regardless i'm not gonna vote you today anyway

k reading the recent posts and gonna post

Cure

Cure

tweet tweet eat the universe wrote:- badly translated video game hasn't posted yet, likes video games, and has a vote on them
- eats, shoots, and leaves likes to eat they like to eat a lot
- absolutely spotless cleaning job is someone whose nickname is edible who a dog doused in bleach from lit maf
- hit to key is a punning piece of shit who has broken my heart multiple times

k so, in order

my brother who is an angel
burgermeister meisterburger
goose
volleyball KA-CAW

angel★

angel★

where are the number and the bear with an L??? are these the people that people are referring to... who's nickel... i'm guessing burgermeister is the bear with an L??

also OvO why is the goose most likely? (assuming they are the other kind of bird?) is... the next post you posted after that the one that you are referring to when you say "for reasons i will get into in my next post"?

i think i'm leaning towards voting one of the aforementioned missing people right now since i don't really know what else to go off of :'( even though i don't really know their playing styles so idk if this is abnormal for them but...

edit: ok gotta go to dinner and idk if i'll be back before rollover so i think i'm gonna vote: number AND HOPEFULLY NOT BE AN EMBARRASSMENT AGAIN

Cure

Cure

@Demon Moon

How many cents is a Nickel?

Burgermeister Meisterburger is who you think they are, yes

All my nicknames are in playerlist order so you can cross-reference if you're confused!! almost done with my post will be up shortly

angel★

angel★

OH
OH
oh...
okay i see
yes
well then
okay

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

coughs into a handkerchief hello friends i apologize for being so quiet--i worked an overnight shift last night and woke up a little late today, then had errands to do

i am very sorry to say that i almost forgot that today was a day phase, and i hope you will all forgive my transgression, but i'm going to check in as often as i can for the rest of the phase! i still have a few more important things to do so i'll be in and out of the rest of the day (but not actually in an in-n-out, unfortunately) but again, i will endeavor to give this game the attention it deserves!

so hmm, reading over the posts so far, i am...still...a little confused as to some of the monikers people are using, but for the most part, i believe i understand them? well, to be honest, i'd say i understand about 65% of these names, as some of them seem to be references to inside jokes

obviously any names including burgers is me, but if it helps anyone, i welcome you to call me the mayor, or just mayor, because i am proud of the hard-won position that took blood, sweat, and tears to achieve

if i have time, i'd like to make up a list of the nicknames i'll be giving everyone else! to be fair, stars don't mean much to me here, so if i'm posting from mobile (which i may do a lot of during the course of this game) i may forgo them and stick with more simple and direct methods of communication

as for voting, i fear i have gone on too long in my attempts to mold to my character role, so i shall end this in just a moment, but after this, my primary focus will be on trying to select someone to vote for

so please pardon me for a moment, writing so much in one post after so long has really taken a toll on me, but thank goodness i brought a towel along to wipe away my signs of stress

What's the point of any of this? [Game End] - Page 12 Towel-baby-in-bathroom

Luxaria

Luxaria

By the way, since we're closer to rollover, if you are about to post a vote and think I might not know who it is, please message me because I will have to tally these things shortly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum