Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 29 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 58]

1Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Ie6MZja

TIME PASSES, CARRYING the city forward into a world of war and gluten-free diets.

The bookstore at the intersection of Lincoln and New Hope, formerly Lincoln and 8th, is under new management. Its outer veneer gleams like a start-up, all rounded corners and flat design. It’s called something different now, something new-age and pretentious, like Last Quill & Testament or Once Written, Twice Shy or even, perhaps, Helvetica. Everyone just calls it The Bookstore, same as they always have. Upon the heavy glass door, nestled beneath an overgrowth of flyers, a rustic sign reads: OPEN.

Inside, there are no shallow trappings of modernity, no endorsements for yoga or artisan toast. The interior of the bookstore is sunbeams and dust, is muffled footsteps on weathered hardwood, is pages upon pages, well-loved and well-turned. The woman behind the counter bears more piercings and less birthdays than her predecessor, but it’s with the same tender reverence that she adjusts each title in the window to face the sun.

Time passes. The city changes. The bookstore changes, too, but mostly it stays the same.

ROLES

This game is a UPICK. For your role, you can choose any PUBLISHED WRITTEN WORK, including but not limited to: novels, textbooks, entire book series, plays, cookbooks, collections of poetry and short stories, comics, research papers, etc.

After signing up, please send CURE a PM with your TOP THREE ROLE CHOICES. Please do include the author and a link to information about your choices, if possible.

No two players may have the same work as their role, but they may share the same author.

Keep in mind when choosing that flavor text will include hints about the roles that acted, but will not specify which role did what.
RULES

All standard game rules apply.

Claiming is allowed but please DO NOT QUOTE OR SCREENCAP YOUR ROLE PM.

UNLIMITED vote changes.
NO VOTE and NO LYNCH are valid.

If you fail to vote for two consecutive day phases, your role powers will be temporarily disabled for 48 hours.

There may be REVIVAL ROLES and DEATH ROLES in play, so please do not communicate outside of thread after death and keep up with the game.

RATIO

Starting ratio 6M:16T:2N.

ROLE PRIORITY hidden.

MAFIA wins their number is >= town.
TOWN wins when mafia is eliminated.
NEUTRALS have their own win conditions.

ROLLS

PHASE END is at 8:00pm PST
No actions or votes after phase end will count.

ROLLOVER will be posted at 8:30pm PST
in order to provide time for KIYO to write flavor.

Last edited by Cure on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Ie6MZja

INVENTORY

LUXARIA

NINFIA
The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer || neutral

DRANDAHL

HIGH SERAPH

PLOTSTICKERS
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle || mafia

EZZELIN
Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management by Isabella Beeton || mafia

SAMMIYA
Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya || mafia

MR. ALICE
Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini || town

AEIOU
The Young Maiden in Love Is a Carnivore by Hikojibeya || town

ALCASYNC
The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix || town

T3TSUYA

RASEI
Gintama by Hideaki Sorachi || town

NAUTILUS
House of L[]aves by Ma[ ]k Z. Dani[ ]lewski || [ ]

ENTELECHY

TIKI THE TROLL

CHINOMI
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by  Haruki Murakami || mafia

MR. GERBEAR

PANPANPANDY

ANGELSTAR
All My Friends Are Dead by Avery Monsen and Jory John || town

DEO
Hyrule Historia by Nintendo || town

LULU
In the Velociraptor's Nest by Christie Sims || town

ARDONYE

ELENI
Blindsprings by Kadi Fedoruk || town

FIVE
The Completely World Knowledge Series by John Hodgman || town

ARCHIVES

PROLOGUE
in which a bookstore opens

CHAPTER 1
two by two the stuns and jails came onto the ark, and all survived the flood

CHAPTER 2
his epitaph was the only thing to hang

CHAPTER 3
NINFIA IS DEAD

CH[ ]TER [ ]
s̵̢̛̝̹̳͙͎̦̦̱̟̬̱͕ͥ͌̄́̚͝ṳ̵̧̘̜̫̹͇̤̯͌̌͊ͣ̄̊ͭ̔̿͌ͭ̏͋̾̇̂̌̀̀̕ǝ̻̯͚̳̞͎̥̫̈̃̌͑̿̂ͥ̊̏̔͒ͩͨ́͘ʞ̧̟̲͈̪͔̦͕̘̜̗̰̫̺̣̤͍̜͐͛ͣ̊ͯͥ͗̋̆́̑͌̐͜͟͠͠ͅɐ̧̳̼̬͙ͦ̊͒̓̿ͩͫͬͭ̄ͤͣͭ̊̈́̇̀͟͠ʍ̡̼̫̱̪̙͉ͤͬͥ̎̓̊͌͛̆̒ͦͪ͛̀ɐͪͣ̄ͫ́̿ͪ́͏͖̥̪̲̱̝̺͎͉̝ ̵̻͇͍̖̪̜̂̒̿͗̂̃̏ͣͥ͒͛͘ǝ̾̎̒ͣ̄͑͊ͭͦ́̋̎͐̽̓̀҉̹̠̭͇͈͉͕̹͉͈͎̫͍͇͎͍̠͍͓͜͜s̙̻͙͉̮͕͍̪̝̮͊̏̾̈́͐̂͒̋͡͠ͅn̛̫͖͍̮̫̤͖̺̖̙̞̗̖ͯͦ͂̂̄̀̀ǫ̛̛̖̜͖̱̝̝̫̭̭̻͕̰͖͎̰̣ͤ̌̇̑͗͋͐̅̆́ɥ̡͙̘̤̱̬̮̲̦̉ͧ̏̒̃ͦ͝͠ ̸̷̸̗̖̝̹̩̻̦̤͎̲͔̮͈̬ͫ͂̓̽̀̓̒̆̍͆̍̋ͪ̊̈ǝ̶̡̨̳͈͖̣͖̭̲̺̹̞͈̪̗̗̤̌̑͛̂̅̾̑ͫ͒ͮͪ̐̊͛̌ͭ͘͠ɥ̡̫̟͈̯̝̹͉͇̱ͬͫ̾ͦ̌͛ͩͥ̋̀́ͣͥ̇͘̕͝ʇ͎̘̥̬͌ͦ̆͛͂ͪ̊ͪͭͥ̃̕͠

[ ]HAPT[  ] 5
s̵͉͔̦͓̙̙͕̳ͤ̅ͭͤ͞ɹ̂ͭͣ̌̍͌ͨ҉͓̻̤̳̪͚͢ǝ̬̖̻̞̰̖͔͗̆̑̆b͚̮̬̭̬͆̚u͑ͫͥ̀̕҉̠̘̲̫̘n̷̝̪͓͌͂̎͘ɥ̵̨̼̰̞͉͙̠͇͓͑̾̆̓ͤ͛ͅ ̣̱͚̗ͭ̀̃͋ͣ̀͝ǝ̷̰̫͓͇̠̫͙͒͌̐͗ͯ̚̚͡s̵̙̥̥͔̗̦̅ͭ̿̽͜n͍ͪ̓̀̽̂̚͢͡ȯ̶̸̲̖̺̘͓͓̎͋͂͑̂͐ɥ͙̣ͨ̾̏ ̵̋͑̋̃͛͐͘͏̗̙͇͎̥͎͖ͅǝ͖̙̩̼̹̲̣͍̔̑ͭ͋͝ɥ̢̬̭̹͕͗̅̽ʇ̢͔̥͚̫̭͕̞̀ͣ͆ͩ̇ͨ͝ͅ ̗͉̦̣̼̰̻̲ͭ̑̍ͪ̐ͯͤ̄̚˙̝͉̱̟̫̟̻̲̰͐̐̌
ş̴͇͔̹̜͔̠̬̽ͨͩͪןͯ͑͊͆̇̔̆̓͢҉̫̯̜̝ן̷̺̗̫̝̜̱͙͋̈ͣͧ̉ͯ̚ɐ̲̖͉͓̪̘͎̈́ͤ̆͒ͨͫ̀ʍ̷̠͖̭͂̋ͬ̓ ̨͔̥̮̞͎̺͚̪ͣ̅͑̇́͌̒ɹ͉̥ͪ͌̍̓̉̄̿ͅn̜̲̝̻̲̱͉̝̤ͤ̈̓ͯͦ͋̿͜ŏ̢̱͎̉ͩ͡ɟ̺͚̑̽ ̧̪̭̥̗͕͇̬̌͌ɥ͓̋ͭͮͅʇ̴̲̖̹̥ͩ̋̋̈ͦ͜ͅı̛̣̣̄̈́ͨͭ̂̚͞ʍ̲́ͤͨ̓̿͟ ̴̬̞̤͖̦̙̽ͥ̐̋̀b̭͓͕̬̃ͭ̓͊͆́͠u̧͖̩̱̍̽̾͐̽̃ͪı̯̖̤̳̼̤͚͖̣͂͛ͪͯ̀̿ͪ͗͠͠ɥ̨͉̤̟̘̲̾͆͆ͦͯʇ̛ͩ̒̎ͮͯ̀҉̜̺̮̞̯ǝ̨͚̯̹̝͔̦͈͐͛̓̚͢͝ɯ̛̞̯̳̙͙̫͙̫̋̃̊̏ͩo̡̳͚̖̎̽̊͆́͆́̊͢ṣ̶̨͍̰̒̔ ̵ͣ̀̓̏ͮ҉͓̻ɯ̴̖̱̉͛ͦ͂ͬ͝o̡̖͎̰͉̘̥̲̳͊ͨͮ̾ͮ͠ɹ̜̬̥͛̃̎̏̉̊̿̂̈́ɟ̡͎̮̜͖͛̀͞ ͉̭ͦ̾ͤͣ̂́̎͋͛ǝ̸̮͖̣̖͎͖̥̒̍̓ͨ̏ͥ̃d̛̳̦́̑͋̑ͫͪ͐͢ɐ̵̱͔̹̘̟̩̦̋ͤͣ́̉ͤ̾̃̕ͅͅɔ͖̎͂ͨ̈́̓͒̈́̀s̽ͧ҉̴̯͙͚͎͉ǝ̞̪̘͐̀ͣ̈ͮ̃̚̚ ̥͇͑̓̔ͨ̔̂ͩ̈ʇ̢̹̹͕̥͉̞̜̞̞ͥ͛ͤ̾ͣͧ,̠̲̼̳͚̺̗̆̀ͩͧͩ̐̎ŭ̸̙̱͇̪̦ͬ̋̀̀ͧ̊͡ɐ̪̩̦̮̺̿̎̿̿ͥɔ̧̘̪̦̝̭̣̺͑ͫͫ̑͂ͮ ͋̀͏̠̗̮́̀n̢̝̝̠̩̱͕̜ͤͪ͘͞o̔̐͢͏̤̠̞ʎ̡̤̰̆̆ͦ̎͋ͩ̅ͣͬ͘

CHAPTER 6
and then the field trip was over

CHAPTER 7
senpai never noticed

CHAPTER 8
day of rest

CHAPTER 9
good thing we built that ark

CHAPTER 10
well, someone died

CHAPTER 11
browsing the world wide web

CHAPTER 12
the itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout

CHAPTER 13
jet fuel can't melt steel beams, or 'how a phase and a dinosaur's love life both came to a sudden end'

CHAPTER 14
it was not until the shoe was coming down on her wriggly little body that the horrifying truth sank in. she'd never be hungry again

CHAPTER 15
abraham lincoln and a pokemon both walk into a post

CHAPTER 16
the cooking conquest is at an end, or is it?

CHAPTER 17
extinction was never a concept i understood. some people are like cockroaches, they just keep coming back

CHAPTER 18
if a butterfly dies four times in a thread and no one's around to see it, is it really dead?

CHAPTER 19
there's no post on sundays, so i guess they'll stay where they are

CHAPTER 20
if a duck quacks in a house and both of them are dead, are their alignments revealed?

CHAPTER 21
maybe we'll hear from him again in seven years

CHAPTER 22
a simple dog with a simple love for fetching the mail. alas, it is sunday. what happened to the dog?

CHAPTER 23
power has the uncanny ability to make men do crazy things, or turn men into crazy things

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

KIYOKO
will be responsible for reading everyone's
books, writing flavor, and styling the bbcode

CURE
will be responsible for posting rollovers and fielding PMs

BOTH
will be responsible for coming up with and balancing
roles, answering questions in and out of thread, being
consistently attractive, and wreaking general havoc

Last edited by Cure on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 54 times in total

Cure

Cure

k go 4 it.

Note: if you played the previous version of this game, you may not pick the same work (you may pick something by the same author). If you REALLY want to pick a work that was in the first game, you can, but I highly encourage everyone to pick something new. It'll be more fun.

Last edited by Cure on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sure.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I wanna play!

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

drandahl

drandahl

Completely in. Been waiting for this.

high seraph

high seraph

sequels usually suck but hERE WE GO

also i cant believe it i wanted to be a dictionary again ok wtf :-(

plotstickers

plotstickers

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 MHlKo8A

Original post:

ezzelin

ezzelin

explodes all over the thread I mean let me play pls me me me

10Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Cure

Cure

HIGH SERAPH HAS BEEN MODKILLED FOR BEING A HIPSTER AND SHITTALKING THE SEQUEL BEFORE IT'S EVEN RELEASED. HE WAS NOT A DICTIONARY.

11Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

HELLO AND I'M SO GAME FOR THIS.

I remember the last one. I believe I made nautilus cry at some point, even?

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

12Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Cure

Cure

She cried because you were the miller and it made her unsure about everything that happened for the rest of the game after you were lynched.

13Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

regISTER ME THE FUCK UP!!!

14Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

meeeeee

15Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:37 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

RIGHT. I'm so sorry nautilus, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Poor thing.

I don't want to make her cry agaiiiinnnnnn. ;w;

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 58]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 29 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum