Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;]

+21
Sammiya
nautilus
AliceofOz
Rasei
alcasync
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
T3tsuya
Midnight Mask
Starry Mask
Feathered Mask
Cat Mask
Blue Mask
Red Mask
Bunny Mask
Gemmed Mask
Butterfly Mask
Fox Mask
Purple Mask
Dog Mask
Skull Mask
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 26]

256The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Dog Mask wrote:
Because your questions have been answered, and El Perro repeating himself would get quite tiring. Besides, everything he says you try to scratch holes into (rather desperately, in El Perro's opinion), and you'll just keep scratching and scratching in hopes it manipulates one of El Perro's friends against him.

Oh, El Perro does have a question!

If he were to fall tonight, with the reveal his words about being in the Town were true, you could easily defend, saying you just tried to defend yourself against El Perro, hoping they would buy it and not lynch you the next day.

But if El Perro is so clearly Mafia, tell me: what is his end game? Get rid of you, show you as Town, then have no defense, having been against you all game long? Take on the remaining numbers, so vast versus this Mafia?

No. That would be madness.  Thus, there are only two options:

• El Perro's investigative results were corrupted, wich will have disastrous effects on the Town.
  • You are a lying, murderous fiend of a feline, Gata.

MEOW

(You have emphatically not explained what logic you are following that pegs me as a liar when I am putting forward the objectively true fact that you asked me what my investigation results were. I told you, it was proven true as Dog did die and you've taken over.

And now you are saying I am lying about it.

Lying about the fact that Dog has died and there is someone new wearing Dog's mask.

You. You are the person wearing Dog's mask. And you are saying I am lying about my ability to say that, yes, you are in Dog's mask.

How does that make sense to you? How does that make sense to any person? Or are you just so caught up in defending yourself and calling me out that you can't get yourself out of this?

I would even be willing to admit, if you had an investigation role for sure, that YEAH they could stand a chance at being corrupted. That is not even nearly what I am refuting. I'm not even saying that you are 100% mafia.

I am saying that other people had suspicions about the Fox. You'll notice I wasn't one of them.

I am saying that the fact you explicitly lied, telling me I am lying about things I can objectively prove are correct (My ability. Targeting you. That you asked for), and then you will not explain your very obvious logical fallacies led me to suspect you and push for more explanation.

That is what makes me think you're mafia, because you're flailing and you won't explain yourself. You just keep accusing and accusing while I continue to push for the truth and for explanation that you won't give. This isn't even something that can be objectively looked at as me defending myself. I have said numerous times to plainly kill me if you don't believe me. I don't know why you keep talking like I care if I die. Like that will be the nail in my proverbial coffin for outing you.

I don't.

My actions and investigations are based on objective fact. Everyone, if they looked, could see that. Yours are based on "Believe me", "I was going to reveal myself I promise", "I don't need to explain myself."

In the end you are just simply being asked to expand on something that objectively does not make sense. And in the end you are not explaining, accusing someone else, and saying holes are being punched in what you say.

If you had just explained your lapse of judgement away, even if it wasn't airtight, I might have believed you. If this were anyone else v You right now I would be just as passionate about the fact you are not helping in the least. You have contributed nothing. You have explained nothing. You will continue not to explain anything.

And there's not much else to say about that.

Like you said, the facts are plainly out there to see. If you are town OR mafia right now, I don't see your endgame. It just doesn't make sense.)

257The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Purple Mask wrote:Apologies for the silence! I've been trying to follow along, but I might as well get a question I've had so far out of the way!

Dog Mask wrote:At the time of the attack, the power of Máscara De La Medianoche switched the masks, which was how the power was described to El Perro.

So you, as the Midnight Mask, was the one doing all the swapping? Or was that just the Fox and Dog swap? Or ah...?

El Perro used the ability on La Gata. As written, it would allow El Perro, if targeted to die, to survive the attack, while the one he targeted dies.  He would then lose his mask, but take the one off of the deceased.

And then, somehow, he ended up as El Perro instead of El Gato.

So someone redirected the effect from La Gata to La Perra. Hopefully La Coneja has information on this...or it lies among the deceased.

Or with Gata.

And yes, La Gata, it's very easy to prove it has been the same person under one mask when they have been in cahoots with you. That is what El Perro explained, and what you have chosen to either downplay, or ignore completely.

258The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Dog Mask wrote:
Purple Mask wrote:Apologies for the silence! I've been trying to follow along, but I might as well get a question I've had so far out of the way!

Dog Mask wrote:At the time of the attack, the power of Máscara De La Medianoche switched the masks, which was how the power was described to El Perro.

So you, as the Midnight Mask, was the one doing all the swapping? Or was that just the Fox and Dog swap? Or ah...?

El Perro used the ability on La Gata. As written, it would allow El Perro, if targeted to die, to survive the attack, while the one he targeted dies.  He would then lose his mask, but take the one off of the deceased.

And then, somehow, he ended up as El Perro instead of El Gato.

So someone redirected the effect from La Gata to La Perra. Hopefully La Coneja has information on this...or it lies among the deceased.

Or with Gata.

And yes, La Gata, it's very easy to prove it has been the same person under one mask when they have been in cahoots with you. That is what El Perro explained, and what you have chosen to either downplay, or ignore completely.

(I'm not ignoring it completely. It's just not enough, and I think YOU are ignoring or downplaying something very serious.

Lets pretend I was mafia. Dog was my mafia buddy. Ok, let's just put that in our heads.

Rollover happens. OH NO! I have to think of something so I, Mafia Cat, can cover this up and not die. But wait, isn't X PERSON IN ROLLOVER not mafia? It says two mafia have died. I am confused! I have to think of something!

How on earth would I conveniently come up with SOMEONE IS WEARING DOG'S BODY specifically and have it be correct. The only thing that was posted by Dog immediately following rollover was a picture.

Lets even say Dog died and I was immediately aware of the fact that Dog died. Maybe we're talking outside of PMs. It happens.

How would either of us have known that someone else was wearing your body and it wasn't just a simple mask switch. A mask switch that has happened before. A role we know is established. Even if I was mafia, I would go for the thing that everyone knows is out there to be the culprit.

You either outed yourself or you're literally barking up the wrong tree so fantastically that your case cannot be saved.

I can prove my role tomorrow, can you?)

259The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Because El Perro was quick to speak after rollover, and, as you say, outside communication. Besides that, not just the mask that was slain was listed, but the role. You could have easily recognized the role, realized that it was not in fact El Perro who died, and gone from there.

260The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Feathered Mask

Feathered Mask

okay!! i think i am all caught up... a little. ; U; ♥ purple and i are in the same boat. this is so confusing sdfksdfsdf;dfs;werksdf WAHHHHH.

i'm going to make a quick summary of points in this thread!! a few things kind of flew over my head, so i'm s-sorry if i get anything wrong. ; J;

fox/dog/el zorro * V*/

• - zorro got the midnight mask n1! good job * V*99 ♥ i guessed the answer too, but the rng wasn’t very kind to me, ehehehhhh.
    - zorro is the ballroom dancer, and can investigate someone's alignment every night!! they can also send messages in the day. ; J;
    - the ability of the midnight mask, according to zorro, is to choose another player, and if someone tried to kill them they would fall instead!! ; U; he would lose his mask and then claim the mask of the one who took his place!! so maybe… it would be like what starry mask is doing now, where someone gains a second mask!!
    - however, he targeted the cat mask!! ; U; but he does not have it and cat is not dead, so something is happened and someone redirected the kill meant for zorro meant for cat away.
    - zorro investigated cat and got mafia!! and they investigated bunny and got town!!
    - zorro then points out instances of buddying between cat, dog, and red! ; A;
    - i think zorro and starry both think the ratio is 1:6 ; U; umm, if i'm reading things correctly!! and thank you for the compliment, hu hu hu

kitty cat-senpai ; U;9

• - they are the parlor artist!! during the day phase, they can submit a name and the next night they will learn information about them? or is it during the night phase? ; __; this is where things get confusing, so i have a question for you, cat senpai!! rollover says that you acted last night; was this just you receiving your results? or do you have another ability! ; U;

and do you get all of your information at phase end, or throughout the phase? you mentioned here that you knew, partway through night 1, that dog has always been dog!! but you sent in your action d1, and you say you receive your results at the end of the night phase... i just want to get the timing down right ; V;/ ♥ if anything is too sensitive for the thread to know, i understand!

cat mask also knew that dog mask died!! and that current dog is actually el zorro, or not old dog!! ; J;
  • cat mask believes the ratio is 2:5, and that red mask was tampered with during the night! they also believe in some kind of body snatcher role ; ____;? that can dress up people doing the night, and they think they acted on red!! ♥

ummmm! so what do i think ; U;? well!

i think -- and this is me going from what i know -- what happened last night is much simpler than what dog thinks!! i don't think the midnight mask was actually involved at all. ; J;

um, so on night zero, my mask was stolen and i was given this one!! town has heard of my butterfly plight this entire game ; _____; ♥ and i got this mask!! so a mask swapper role exists (that may or may not be bedazzled noble!!), because i no longer have my original mask ; ____; and current butterfly is not typing like old butterfly so you can guess that the owners are not the same!

so, um, i think what happened is this!! ♥

someone tried to kill fox mask. they sent in a kill on fox mask.

but the mask swapper swapped fox mask and dog mask!! and then dog mask got killed instead and, ummm.

um.

so i asked luxaria what the action priority was thanks to all these redirects because!! dog mask is saying the midnight mask came into play!! and she gave me a very vague answer ; ___;  ♥ it's a mystery.

so i think... maybe... the midnight mask didn't activate at all, or has really low priority (and activates after everything else has, and because mask swapper swapped everything!! dog (who fox became at the end of the phase) never was targeted for a kill, so it and so it was never passed onto cat and cat never died). ; J; but what confuses me is that zorro seems... confident that the midnight mask acted (do you know if it did, zorro? did luxaria tell you)? and this theory relies on what the mask swapper did last night, too!

sorry if this doesn't make any sense, ; ___; i'm really tired and have a bit of a headache, and i'm having a lot of trouble following the thread

261The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Dog Mask wrote:Because El Perro was quick to speak after rollover, and, as you say, outside communication. Besides that, not just the mask that was slain was listed, but the role. You could have easily recognized the role, realized that it was not in fact El Perro who died, and gone from there.

MEW CONTRADICTION AGAIN MEOW
(That's interesting that you say I'd recognize the roleswap role as what let you become the dog when you yourself said it was your Midnight Mask that did the swap.

For you see, El Perro knew it would make of him a target for the night, having two such abilities as discovering alignment and sending notes (following your rule of two, Máscara De Plumas), so used the power of Máscara De La Medianoche!

This meant that El Perro was able two choose another, and if someone tried to kill him, they would fall instead.

That's is really kinda neat.)

Feathered Mask wrote:but what confuses me is that zorro seems... confident that the midnight mask acted (do you know if it did, zorro? did luxaria tell you)? and this theory relies on what the mask swapper did last night, too!

MEOW
(Yeah see, you're confused because he's contradicting himself again. He flat out said earlier he used the mask to swap and then is now also revolving his "Cat is mafia" theory around the fact my mafia buddy swapped and I knew.

If you're going to lie, lie correctly. If you are not lying and you're in a situation where it becomes apparent that you are objectively wrong with your hunches, admit it and move on.

I can't believe you answered a question about a weak claim with a contradiction.)

(Friendly reminder to vote. It's near rollover. I don't care who. Just vote.)

262The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

That was very good, Máscara De Plumas! And El Perro admits, he did not consider a simple swapping of masks from  a party like that. That too, is plausible, and would explain how he ended up with this mask. And no, Lady of Aria gave El Perro no confirmations...she seems to enjoy being rather vague, does she not?

Also, Máscara De La Medianoche has three abilities, and once one is used, it's gone for good. He chose the one he thought this Mafia might have easily used to take out more of our friends, and to use as he baited the Mafia to attack him. So he did it as a denial, and a trap. The remaining two abilities are both more proactive, investigative abilities.

Cat Mask wrote:
Dog Mask wrote:Because El Perro was quick to speak after rollover, and, as you say, outside communication. Besides that, not just the mask that was slain was listed, but the role. You could have easily recognized the role, realized that it was not in fact El Perro who died, and gone from there.

MEW CONTRADICTION AGAIN MEOW
(That's interesting that you say I'd recognize the roleswap role as what let you become the dog when you yourself said it was your Midnight Mask that did the swap.

...El Perro thinks you need to lie down, as you have gone way past the making of the sense. He only suggested you would notice that The Cocktail Waitress, which was the role of the former owner of El Perro's mask, was that of your now deceased ally.

Where does El Perro mention a role swap role? In fact...hmm...

Could it be that The Cocktail Waitress was the role swapping role, and you just claimed it as such, via a slip of the tongue?

263The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Purple Mask

Purple Mask

Well since I think this is a good as time as any to lay out everything we 'know'...

On N0, Butterfly and Feather mask was swapped.

Then on N1, Dog and Fox mask was swapped.

And I know this for sure because I'm the one who has this:
Spoiler:

Hopefully that clears some things up!

264The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Purple Mask wrote:Well since I think this is a good as time as any to lay out everything we 'know'...

On N0, Butterfly and Feather mask was swapped.

Then on N1, Dog and Fox mask was swapped.

And I know this for sure because I'm the one who has this:
Spoiler:

Hopefully that clears some things up!

Ah, so you are the switcher of the masks, the Bedazzled Noble! Well, well, thank you for clearing that up, Púpura!

That also means that the Cocktail Waitress was not the switcher, so El Perro's hopes that Gata had a slip of the tongue are dashed. Ah, easy come, easy go.

Last edited by Dog Mask on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

265The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Bunny Mask

Bunny Mask

As the story goes, well, I am now dead.
All assumptions of that you can now shred.
Do not panic, and do not wear a frown,
For you are like me; I know you are Town.
Now I must ask that you keep your lips sealed
Up until time when my secret's revealed.
More secrets abound, of that I am sure;
We'll bait them out, like a fisherman's lure.
Two of them are gone, now we strike for the last
And make their dread threat a thing of the past.
Pending more tricks our last foe is the cat
And once they are gone, well, then that is that.

Well... Ah.... I'm not sure what to think of all that's going on. It is true I got the note, but... T-this is all so confusing. ;v;

I'm not... really sure what to do in this situation.

And the Cats & Dogs reference is pretty spot on....

266The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Bunny Mask wrote:
As the story goes, well, I am now dead.
All assumptions of that you can now shred.
Do not panic, and do not wear a frown,
For you are like me; I know you are Town.
Now I must ask that you keep your lips sealed
Up until time when my secret's revealed.
More secrets abound, of that I am sure;
We'll bait them out, like a fisherman's lure.
Two of them are gone, now we strike for the last
And make their dread threat a thing of the past.
Pending more tricks our last foe is the cat
And once they are gone, well, then that is that.

Well... Ah.... I'm not sure what to think of all that's going on. It is true I got the note, but... T-this is all so confusing. ;v;

I'm not... really sure what to do in this situation.

And the Cats & Dogs reference is pretty spot on....

It is quite the mess we find ourselves in, it is true. Still, if there's one way you can help, it's to offer what your role is, if you acted last night. If it didn't have an effect on the end result, leading to a death, probably better to not say too much, though.

Still, know that El Perro has your back. He knows you are among the innocent, of that he is certain.

267The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Starry Mask

Starry Mask

Unvote; Vote: No Lynch

268The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Butterfly Mask

Butterfly Mask

Unvote; Vote:No Lynch

269The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Purple Mask

Purple Mask

Are we going to be alright even if we accidentally kill a Town today?

270The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 18 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Starry Mask

Starry Mask

Most likely, if it really is 1-6. If it is 2-5, then if one of them does have a vig kill then the nk, they would win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum