Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;]

+21
Sammiya
nautilus
AliceofOz
Rasei
alcasync
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
T3tsuya
Midnight Mask
Starry Mask
Feathered Mask
Cat Mask
Blue Mask
Red Mask
Bunny Mask
Gemmed Mask
Butterfly Mask
Fox Mask
Purple Mask
Dog Mask
Skull Mask
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 26]

376The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Tiki The Troll wrote:
Luxaria wrote:....... thanks for playing? ;_____;

Thanks for hosting. :D

... I'm never messing with cop sanity again. That did not go as intended.

377The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Oh yeah, and for the record:

Luxaria wrote:The Midnight Mask is a mask of beauty and dazzle. It exudes charm and sophistication, beams with wealth and luxury, and suggests wisdom and cool confidence. To wear the Midnight Mask is to wear power.

As the owner of the Midnight Mask, you may select one ability to use on the night for which you have it in your possession. After the ability is used, it is gone forever; any other patron to use the mask will be unable to activate this ability. As the center of attention and faced with such desirious looks, the Midnight Mask presents the user with much authority and presence at the masquerade dance and ball. As a result...

* The wearer may elect to demand the hand of another patron and take them on a midnight stroll. This patron will reveal their role and role ability. Take care, however. As a result of wanton infatuation, should this player die on the following night, you, too, will die. They will not be told your role or role ability.

* The wearer may ask a question of the host about the nature of the game, so long as it pertains to information established before the beginning of the game, and the question is ten words or less in length.

* The wearer of the mask may indicate another individual to stand at their side. Should the wearer of the mask be targeted for a kill, this player will die instead. You will take their mask and lose your own.

If you are killed while you wear the Midnight Mask, the mask that kills you will be revealed to the thread.

Unfortunately didn't use the middle option to ask about my investigations, as the idea never occurred to me. I also thought he third option would have been disastrous, should a Maf get the mask, and that I might bait someone into killing me that night.

And we all know how well that worked out...

378The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:04 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Originally, the Midnight Mask would have the answer to a riddle as the password. I later redesigned it to be a phase-long puzzle to make it fair to everyone, and I had a lot of fun with it. I didn't really like the Mask's abilities, in the end, and it originally had "Stun everyone this night" and "Redirect all actions to yourself". I couldn't decide if those were good or not, so I omitted them.

Tl;dr: Lux has terrible ideas. ;_; Will fix for future games that she hosts.

379The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS

Earned by alcasync
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 JgdMNRX That's All She Wrote!
Die on N0.

Earned by Cthuluhoop
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Etx8sJZ An Eye for an Eye
As a vigilante role, successfully kill one mafia member.

Earned by Mr. Alice
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 JPfJyAa Stop Hitting Yourself!
As a driver or redirecting role, have someone target themself.

Also stats updated, check to make sure yours are accurate.

Last edited by ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

380The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Thanks for hosting Luxaria. One thing you can do if you aren't sure about balancing in a closed roles game is ask someone to sit out, so that you can have a second opinion. That said I think your game appealed to a lot of people so that may not have been possible in this case.

381The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko offered to co-host with me, but I told her I really wanted her to get the opportunity to play, since she's been hosting a lot of the game as it is.

Also, I forgot to say this earlier. Gambler and Fortune Teller took the most time to finalize. Gambler, in fact, was only finished after I spent over an hour or two pacing around my room brainstorming through ideas and trying to get it to work in the setting and game, while also still being fun and useful. I was really excited for both of them, especially Gambler.

Of course, Mafia killed Gambler N0. Of course.

382The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 am

nautilus

nautilus

Uh, I guess I can explain what was going on in that final phase.

When Foxdogzorro posted about clearing Bunny, we immediately knew that he was not a true cop and that he was seeing flipped alignments. Our plan was to wait to see what was going to happen; there was a greater stake in Foxdogzorro dying over Cat dying because Cat dying would have probably allowed Foxdogzorro to realize what his role actually was, and because he thought Bunny was town he might have realized that Bunny was actually mafia. So our plan was to get Dog out, Dog would flip town, we (or Bunny) survive the next day phase and get a kill off, and then force a lynch on (insert player here), since we had control of one of the town mask accounts.

The... lie... thing was not thought out well because immediately after Sammiya posted:

"crap they'll probably ask you to do something"

became the running topic in the mafia chat. But it worked out okay and helped clear the path for night actions.

Purple was kind of the big question for us because the two of us didn't want to bulk vote on Dog randomly in the phase, and Rasei's masks had both voted no lynch while Dog and Cat were at each others' throats so we needed Purple's vote for leverage. Actually, Purple was just a hard role to read so kudos to Mr. Alice.

We chose to kill Cat and steal Purple's mask mostly because we assumed Purple was going to follow Cat's instructions and not swap Bunny with Cat because of the presumed jail; that and we thought Purple was probably not going to swap Bunny with themselves, so no risk of wasting our one mask advantage.

This was a good game, though! :> And I agree with Cthuluhoop; if there's anything you think you're not sure about in a closed role game, it never hurts to have a second opinion from someone who's sitting out.

Also now I see why I couldn't know the action priority, holy moly.

383The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:54 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT EVEN IN A MASQUERADE I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM BLUE?

FIRST THING I TOLD LUXARIA WAS AKIN TO "WHY AM STILL BLUE?!"

but yeah awesome game everyone! sorry for the whole making tarot happen but Luxaria told me it was one of the most detailed events in a role she could think of so i knew i had to let her do it!

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

384The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Kotakia wrote:CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT EVEN IN A MASQUERADE I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM BLUE?

FIRST THING I TOLD LUXARIA WAS AKIN TO "WHY AM STILL BLUE?!"

but yeah awesome game everyone! sorry for the whole making tarot happen but Luxaria told me it was one of the most detailed events in a role she could think of so i knew i had to let her do it!

No worries!

And I still stand by my decision to not sacrifice you. XD

385The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

This game was probably the most fun I've had playing Mafia ever, so thank you for the game, Lux! I think my favorite things were Fox Mask, and the opportunity to search for and post an image of a bedazzler.

I also found my mask color and role super ironic because it's basically...just...me....cr ies ......

386The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Mr. Alice wrote:This game was probably the most fun I've had playing Mafia ever, so thank you for the game, Lux! I think my favorite things were Fox Mask, and the opportunity to search for and post an image of a bedazzler.

I also found my mask color and role super ironic because it's basically...just...me....cr ies ......

¡Muchas gracias, Púpura!

387The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 26 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

10/10 A+ GOLD STAR TO YOU TIKI!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum