Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;]

+21
Sammiya
nautilus
AliceofOz
Rasei
alcasync
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
T3tsuya
Midnight Mask
Starry Mask
Feathered Mask
Cat Mask
Blue Mask
Red Mask
Bunny Mask
Gemmed Mask
Butterfly Mask
Fox Mask
Purple Mask
Dog Mask
Skull Mask
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 26]

361The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Rasei

Rasei

nautilus wrote:ALSO!!

TET!! I AM SORRY FOR DUPING YOU AS WELL. :( But I must know. What is your actual role because I was certain you were lying in-thread but I couldn't call you out for it.

@Rasei - It's okay! ... Bunny's actual role was controlling people's votes and we had your vote controlled from the start of the phase and would've made you unvote and vote elsewhere, it's just that you... unvoted??? Actually it was kind of freaky

I wasn't convince that El Zorro was indeed town, so I wanted to leave it to RNG between No Lynch and El Zorro.

362The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:00 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Kiyoko wrote:
nautilus wrote:NIGHT ZERO.
Kiyoko has been killed. She was (insert surprisingly tame mafia role here, like Poet or something). She was town.

It hurts because it's true.

Oh man so, I was like "YEAH, ANON GAME WHERE NO ONE CAN TARGET ME N0 BASED ON WHO I AM. ... I'm going to go pretend to be that one other popular N0 target"

By the end of D1: "Luxaria, I think I regret everything because I totally painted a huge target on my back" "YEAH WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING?"

FOR THE RECORD. I was not thinking.

To be fair, it's better than not being killed off immediately because you haven't died really early on, and having that suspicion loop around.

It's ok though.

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Qb1Am4M

363The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Rasei

Rasei

The Socialite - Town
You just love to talk so much, don't you? In fact, it's all you really ever want to do. Some people get tired of talking to one person after too long, however. Afterall, isn't the point of a masquerade to meet and mingle with many mysterious and marvellous individuals? No, this will not stand! As the socialiate, you have access to two masks, and you may vote and post under both of them throughout the day. Both of your votes will count towards the tally. Additionally, if one of your masks is targeted for a night kill, your other mask will be unaffacted, effectively granting you bulletproof.

364The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

The Entertainer - Mafia
Your fellow goons always did wonder when your comical antics would be of use, and a masquerade dance and ball proved to be the ideal stage to show off your skills. As the entertainer, you have many masks in your possession for various theatrics, and your juggling skills are remarkable. Every night, you may retrieve a mask from your stash that is a mirror image of target player's mask. For the following day phase, you may post under that mask. Additionally, every other night you may redirect one target's actions onto another target.

Kiyoko, you were great! But another game like this sometime would be awesome.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

365The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:04 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

nautilus wrote:ALSO!!

TET!! I AM SORRY FOR DUPING YOU AS WELL. :( But I must know. What is your actual role because I was certain you were lying in-thread but I couldn't call you out for it.

@Rasei - It's okay! ... Bunny's actual role was controlling people's votes and we had your vote controlled from the start of the phase and would've made you unvote and vote elsewhere, it's just that you... unvoted??? Actually it was kind of freaky

Man I after last game I can't even get people to believe I'm telling the truth when im telling the truth.

I meant every weird and was honest the whole time about everything. Dogfoxtiki was just being so scummy and putting me under the spotlight under incorrect pretenses enough that I was absolutely sure they were maf.

Toward the end I even told lux "At this point I think it's tiki and he might be town. I literally do not care at this point. I will die for this".

And I did but I didn't think it would be a game ending thing. There's no way I could have suspected anything.

Except that kiyo was out there misleading me. I told lux from the beginning I knew. Goddammit.

Gg. I mad. Except not. I might run one next time

366The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

The Masquerade: Post-game

The Masquerade was my first attempt at hosting a game of mafia. I hope that everything ran smoothly in spite of the glaring lack of information presented to both factions. I erred on the side of caution for the sake of trying not to overpower one alignment with too much information. The game could have gone either way in the last few phases if abilities, speculation, and cooperation had been slightly different. It actually came close to being over much sooner (probably my fault in design), but some crazy shenanigans mixed everything up. Since I'm sure at least a few of you are curious to know what was really going on behind the scenes...

The Attendees
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 ITqBizEAliceofOz, The Cocktail Waitress, Mafia
The plan's gone off without a hitch. Ever since the contractor hired you a couple of months back, working your way into the estate's kitchens has been a cinch. Now as the cocktail waitress, every other night you can target a player to slip some poison into their drink the following day. At the end of the next night phase, the poison will kick in and they will die. Additionally, as one of the host's new staff, you have lynchproof for one lynch.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 AAqNY17Sammiya, The Entertainer, Mafia
Your fellow goons always did wonder when your comical antics would be of use, and a masquerade dance and ball proved to be the ideal stage to show off your skills. As the entertainer, you have many masks in your possession for various theatrics, and your juggling skills are remarkable. Every night, you may retrieve a mask from your stash that is a mirror image of target player's mask. For the following day phase, you may post under that mask. Additionally, every other night you may redirect one target's actions onto another target.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 CjzLh72Nautilus, The Valet, Mafia
The valet tends to be trusted more than most other servants at a masquerade ball. On a night filled with such mystery, who would ever suspect the one in charge of coats and carriages and the like to be anything other than a proper, upstanding individual? Of course, you are anything but. As the valet, once over the course of the game at night you may deposit plans and tools within a target's coat, framing them as the mafia. Additionally, every other night you may busy up one individual, blocking them from performing any actions.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 4bODROiAlcasync, The Gambler, Town
You've just been down on your luck lately, haven't you? Estate's in shambles, your family name has taken a turn for the worse, and your coffers aren't what they used to be. But that's no matter. All it takes is one good hitch of luck and you'll be back on your feet. As the gambler, you may bet each night on which target will be lynched the following day. If that target dies, you acquire their mask. You may either keep the mask or pawn it. If pawned, you will learn the role ability of the last player to wear the mask. However, should you keep the mask, you may target one player once in the game at night and give them the mask. If that target were to be killed, it is prevented and they are instead given the new mask.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 CknolYERasei, The Socialite, Town
You just love to talk so much, don't you? In fact, it's all you really ever want to do. Some people get tired of talking to one person after too long, however. Afterall, isn't the point of a masquerade to meet and mingle with many mysterious and marvellous individuals? No, this will not stand! As the socialiate, you have access to two masks, and you may vote and post under both of them throughout the day. Both of your votes will count towards the tally. Additionally, if one of your masks is targeted for a night kill, your other mask will be unaffacted, effectively granting you bulletproof.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 SBcRTo4
Kiyoko, The Host, Town
Ah, isn't it marvellous! The music! The dancing! The food! The excitement! This is all perfect and just as you had planned. The nobles are mingling, the servants are delighted, and you, yourself, are in good spirits. This is, as they say, your party. As the host, each night you may provide a key to one player, including yourself. The target may use the key on any night of the game to withdraw into your secret chambers, jailing themselves for the night and receiving and dealing no actions. Additionally, once during the game during the day you may override a lynch on any target. The phase will thus end with no lynch.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 S7oFICFKotakia, The Fortune Teller, Town
The fates are known to too few in this day of industry. So many have instead turned away from noble arts of divination, believing more in the sweat of their brow than of the stories written in the stars, in the tea cups, and in the cards. As the fortune teller, once during the game if you are lynched you will survive and instead enact a new phase during which the players may only vote for three face down tarot cards. At the end of the phase, which counts as neither night nor day, the card with the most votes is flipped over and the fate of the players is revealed to all, even yourself. Additionally, each night you may guess the night kill target. If correct, the fates will reveal to you which masks acted on that player over the course of the game in a random order.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 9bS4tbCT3tsuya, The Parlor Artist, Town
Luxury, extravagance--beauty, and the divines! Could an artist ask for a better muse than the wealthy and luxurious patrons at a masquerade ball? The splashes of color as masks weave in and out of the elaborate rooms glazed with revelry and mystique. As the parlor artist, you may scrawl temporary tattoos onto a player of your choice each day. At the end of each night phase, you will be notified of all the masks that player has worn. Additionally, every other night you may select a player as your muse and paint a beautiful portrait in their likeness. On the following day, that player requires one more vote to be lynched.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 YlDEclnTiki the Troll, The Ballroom Dancer, Town
Twirl! Dash! Jaunt! Spin! A masquerade would be nothing without its ballroom dancing, and you are the crème de la crème! The way you move across the dance floor is intoxicating, enticing, and even salacious. But what is a dancer without a suitable dance partner? Each day, you may select one player to send a single anonymous message through the host. Additionally, each night you may target one player and pay them a visit. By impressing them with your sweet charm and allure, you come to know them intimately, and their alignment is revealed to you.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 GNBY1s7
Mr. Alice, The Bedazzled Guest, Town
Such pomp! Such splendor! So much food and wine and luxury! Is there anything greater than this? If only every night could be spent in such company, among such wealth in such a grand and impressive estate. This may be your first time here, much less your first time at a masquerade, but impressions are everything, and you are determined to make yours a good one! Sadly, you can be a little bit clumsy at times. Oops! As the bedazzled noble, every night you accidentally mix up two players' masks, switching owners. Both players trade mask access, and any actions that would have been directed to the original owner of the mask is instead redirected to its new owner. Unfortunately, your antics aren't really appreciated by the other partygoers, and so it takes one less vote for you to be lynched.
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Jt29Z43
Cthuluhoop, The Estranged Noble, Town
Ugh. Another of these dreadful ordeals. So much wasted grandiose for such inane displays of wealth. Why are you even here? It'd be so nice to just walk out and let the rabble sort themselves out, but unfortunately your family's name is too large to go without presence at this grand bash. That doesn't mean you have to stay the entire time, however. As the estranged noble, every other night you may elect to spend it at your family's manor, rendering you both immune to all actions, but also inable to perform any of your own. Additionally, your skill with a saber is unrivalled, and so during once during the game at night you may target another player and kill them.
Players
Night Zero
Day One
Tarot
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 S6F5frG
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 OfxkIUq

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 L2WqdTH
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Y15qQ9r

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 KsITeSW
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 WfdNjNM

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 HFFN0gv
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 1ghLLrQ

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Vs8zzXj
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 M7ouqvP
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 MdYbLOd
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 2FCsjrD
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 YFzQ1cu
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 E07zgGq
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 RNO0hSI
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 GbwjGBT
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 9i978hy
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 2GMAHBR
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 NPL9Gu6

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 MdHjIA3
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Jt29Z43
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 2pctZxn

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 5pWuTx3
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 I3FxSiG

Posting this up while I compile a log of actions, for those curious?

367The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:08 pm

nautilus

nautilus

The target may use the key on any night of the game to withdraw into your secret chambers, jailing themselves for the night and receiving and dealing no actions.

I. I'm so sorry, Kiyoko. Even when you are in your room, the call of death cannot be stopped.

I spent the entire last phase wondering who the jailer was and I thought Cat had to be it?

But no.

Red Mask was their own jailer.

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

368The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yeah, I was so excited to have a role where I could actually protect myself.

And then mafia uses an unblockable delayed kill on me.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

369The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 pm

nautilus

nautilus

/pats

On the list of masquerade balls that I've been to, though, this one ranks highly! The last time... I, ah, got into an altercation numerous altercations with someone and it did not end well.

This was a very different experience, though, and one that I definitely enjoyed! :D So thank you for hosting such a pleasant game, Luxaria!

I might throw something in the ring next round, we'll see...

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

370The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I'll update stats and do achievements and set up round 4 submissions in like an hour or so. Got something I need to finish first.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

371The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria wrote:
The Masquerade: Post-game
The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 4bODROiAlcasync, The Gambler, Town
You've just been down on your luck lately, haven't you? Estate's in shambles, your family name has taken a turn for the worse, and your coffers aren't what they used to be. But that's no matter. All it takes is one good hitch of luck and you'll be back on your feet. As the gambler, you may bet each night on which target will be lynched the following day. If that target dies, you acquire their mask. You may either keep the mask or pawn it. If pawned, you will learn the role ability of the last player to wear the mask. However, should you keep the mask, you may target one player once in the game at night and give them the mask. If that target were to be killed, it is prevented and they are instead given the new mask.

Suddenly, Alca's role seems very fitting.

372The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Well Mafia is catching up on wins against towns

373The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Actions Log

Night Zero
Cthuluhoop (Gemmed Mask): Commutes to manor.
Kiyoko (Red Mask): Gives self a key.
Mr. Alice (Purple Mask): Swaps Butterfly and Feathered Masks.
Tiki the Troll (Fox Mask): Investigates Cat Mask (Insane: "Mafia")
Alcasync (Skull Mask): Bets on Starry Mask for Day One lynch.
Kotakia (Blue Mask): Thinks Butterfly Mask will be the Night Zero NK.
Nautilus (Butterfly Mask): Roleblock Feathered Mask (Fails Targets Self).
Nautilus (Butterfly Mask): Frame Gemmed Mask (Fails: Invalid).
AliceofOz (Dog Mask): Poison Red Mask.
Sammiya (Bunny Mask): Night Kill on Skull Mask (RIP Alca 2015).

Day One
Tiki the Troll (Fox Mask): Messages Starry Mask.
T3tsuya (Cat Mask): Tattoos Dog Mask.

Nautilus, Kiyoko, and Tiki the Troll all guessed "A Magician".

Tarot
No actions. Middle Card was chosen. RIP Kotakia.

Night One
T3tsuya (Cat Mask): Paints a picture of Cat Mask (Fails: Redirected to Red Mask).
AliceofOz (Dog Mask): NK on Gemmed Mask.
Kiyoko (Red Mask): Jails herself.
Nautilus (Feathered Mask): Frames Red Mask.
Sammiya (Bunny Mask): Redirects Cat Mask onto Red Mask.
Sammiya (Bunny Mask): Pulls a Starry Mask out of her trunk.
Cthuluhoop (Gemmed Mask): Uses vigilante on Fox Mask.
Mr. Alice (Purple Mask): Swaps Dog Mask and Fox Mask.
Tiki the Troll (Fox Mask): Investigate Bunny Mask (Insane: "Town")
Tiki the Troll (Midnight Mask): Ghoul Cat Mask.

Kiyoko dies of Poison while jailed. Cthuluhoop kills Fox Mask, which is now AliceofOz, who was the one sending the NK in on Gemmed Mask, who was Cthuluhoop. They kill each other. Kiyoko was framed as Mafia.

Day Two
Tiki the Troll (Dog Mask): Sends a message to Bunny.
T3tsuya (Cat Mask): Tattoos Starry Mask.

Night Two
Nautilus (Feathered Mask): Roleblock Cat Mask.
Mr. Alice (Purple Mask): Swaps Butterfly Mask and Bunny Mask.
Sammiya (Bunny Mask): NK on Cat Mask.
Sammiya (Bunny Mask): Pulls a Purple Mask out of her trunk.

The game has ended.

374The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'll read through the posts in a moment. ;w;

I hope you all... sort of had fun? This was my first time hosting, and if I were to redo it I would make a lot of changes to mechanics and roles. I think the idea has potential and can be refined into something a little more streamlined and balanced, while still retaining the mystery.

I wasn't sure how much to give either faction. Originally, I wanted mafia to have a thief ability, and for the game to utilize some more inventory items... but that was too much, and it came so late into the design that it was unwise to switch it up. Thus, I ended up giving mafia a frame, which I felt was a little too powerful, and the poisoner role was probably a little strong.

I gave town a lot of tools spread across various people with the hope that the conditions and pseudo-tracking, investigations, and protections would allow town to fend for itself. To be honest, town could have easily called Sammiya's bluff last phase or noticed that the only people weren't talking were Nautilus and Sammiya. However, the only reason one mafia died was by a cocktail of actions redirecting a shot onto a mafia in the funniest way (AliceofOz has the worst luck in history). Somehow, the game ended up kind of close, all things considered. The mask swaps on N2 could have prevented the NK, too.

Action Priority List (based off of head canon with regards to the setting in a physical sense):

Estranged Noble Leave Mansion
Bedazzled Guest Switch
Entertainer Redirect
Valet Frame / Midnight Mask Ghoul
Ballroom Dancer Investigate / Parlor Artist Painting / Midnight Mask Loved
Key Jail
Valet Roleblock
Gambler Protection
Mafia: Night Kill / Estranged Noble Kill

In hindsight, the Tarot Phase did not turn out half as cool as I imagined in my head. And I think the effect was a bit lackluster, in the end. I tried to structure it such that it would not overwhelm mafia, but I wanted to augment Town's tracking. The Right Card would have led to the alignment reveal of a random player, and if mafia then the Fortune Teller would die. The Left Card would have just scrambled every mask. All three effects were... well, whatever. ;__________________;

....... thanks for playing? ;_____;

P.S. If you had lynched Starry Mask D2, three masks would have died, and Sammiya and Rasei would've been killed.

375The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 25 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria wrote:....... thanks for playing? ;_____;

Thanks for hosting. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum