Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;]

+21
Sammiya
nautilus
AliceofOz
Rasei
alcasync
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
T3tsuya
Midnight Mask
Starry Mask
Feathered Mask
Cat Mask
Blue Mask
Red Mask
Bunny Mask
Gemmed Mask
Butterfly Mask
Fox Mask
Purple Mask
Dog Mask
Skull Mask
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 26]

241The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Day Two Vote Tally

Cat Mask vs Starry Mask Dog Mask
Starry Mask vs Purple Mask Dog Mask Feathered Mask
Butterfly Mask vs Cat Mask
Dog Mask vs Cat Mask

Dog Mask II
Cat Mask II

Last edited by Luxaria on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

242The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Starry Mask

Starry Mask

Unvote; VOTE: Feather

243The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Oh, ho, ho, you are a scrappy one! And you give yourself so much credit for forcing El Perro to talk. In fact, El Perro had planned to reveal the results before the day was up anyway, and, like in the rest of the phases, was just being patient. He wanted all to say their peace (especially you and La Coneja, since he suspected you and confided in La Coneja), see if anybody else would make a mistake. maybe even vindicate you, Gata.

He spoke before La Coneja did, however, because of the hours passing by.

And El Perro thinks you need your ears cleaned. His investigation of the first night revealed to him that you were in this Mafia, which he confided in with the one of two masks. Last night revealed La Coneja is innocent, a Town as we say.

Unless there has been someone manipulating his results, El Perro has you pegged, Gata.

Wait, what is this? E Perro is pleased to have one less vote against him, but why for Máscara De Plumas?

244The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Starry Mask wrote:Unvote; VOTE: Feather

MEW
(Can I ask what's making you vote feather over other options that might have more weight to them? Do you know something about Feather that would be relevant?)

Dog Mask wrote:Oh, ho, ho, you are a scrappy one! And you give yourself so much credit for forcing El Perro to talk. In fact, El Perro had planned to reveal the results before the day was up anyway, and, like in the rest of the phases, was just being patient. He wanted all to say their peace (especially you and La Coneja, since he suspected you and confided in La Coneja), see if anybody else would make a mistake. maybe even vindicate you, Gata.

He spoke before La Coneja did, however, because of the hours passing by.

And El Perro thinks you need your ears cleaned. His investigation of the first night revealed to him that you were in this Mafia, which he confided in with the one of two masks. Last night revealed La Coneja is innocent, a Town as we say.

Unless there has been someone manipulating his results, El Perro has you pegged, Gata.

Wait, what is this? E Perro is pleased to have one less vote against him, but why for Máscara De Plumas?

MEOW MEOW
(Oh. Of course. How could I forget? YOUR investigation was what outed me as Mafia. Not any independent findings or hunches from other people. Not discussions about known facts. Not statements that can be backed up. Just your independent investigation.

The same uncorroborated investigation that's from a person who was the only person to vote on the Right Card after Blue died despite multiple towns telling him not to.

The same person who is somehow telling me that my investigation is invalid and I am lying about my ability because you were "Planning" on revealing yourself before the day was up. As if that negates the fact that I was 100% correct about what I investigated.

This is ludicrous. Your defense actually contradicts itself. All your findings cannot be proven by anyone but yourself. All your statements against me are based on how you "Feel" and what you were "Planning" on doing.

This many convenient happenings do not come up one after another very often. Maybe you're just lucky?

This is getting to the point where I need to say I am suspicious of anyone defending this person. I cannot fathom how lie after lie based on grounds this shaky could be overlooked.)

Meow
(If you're going to say again that this is me asking for protection. Hell, vote on me if you think I'm lying. Kill me dead. Make it Cat v Dog. But if we want to get to the end of this alive, at least think carefully and critically about all the myriad contradictions in this body snatcher's posts. And who he might have been protecting.)

245The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Starry Mask

Starry Mask

Right now, what I want to vote no lynch for tonight. Just to give Cat the chance to finish his investigation towards me. I also want to hear more from Feathers, and Bunny.

Reason I'm changed my vote from account and not the other is to prove I can have two indepent votes.

246The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Oh, ho, ho, this feline is feisty, are they not?

As El Perro said, as the Ballroom Dancer, one of his two abilities is to investigate at night. He cannot deliver the message Lady of Aria gave him directly, however, as that is probably cheating.

There is little else to say on the subject, all of the points laid out for all to see. All else El Perro suggests is, if the wrong man or woman is slain tonight, we protect the dual-masked one if possible. El Perro still has faith in them, and believes the two votes could be critical.

Starry Mask wrote:Right now, what I want to vote no lynch for tonight. Just to give Cat the chance to finish his investigation towards me. I also want to hear more from Feathers, and Bunny.

Reason I'm changed my vote from account and not the other is to prove I can have two indepent votes.

El Perro finds this reasoning valid, and approves of your possible choice for a vote. While he would of course prefer you vote against La Gata, with how confusing everything is, and with El Perro unable to simply show the truth of his words, it is an understandable position.

Hopefully, if this goes into the next night, whoever gets Máscara De La Medianoche is on the Town. They'll have a choice of investigations to perform, which could hopefully end this once and for all.

247The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Dog Mask wrote:Oh, ho, ho, this feline is feisty, are they not?

As El Perro said, as the Ballroom Dancer, one of his two abilities is to investigate at night. He cannot deliver the message Lady of Aria gave him directly, however, as that is probably cheating.

There is little else to say on the subject, all of the points laid out for all to see. All else El Perro suggests is, if the wrong man or woman is slain tonight, we protect the dual-masked one if possible. El Perro still has faith in them, and believes the two votes could be critical.

Meow
(All of the points laid out for all to see indeed.

All the very convenient points that ride soley on people just taking your word for it. But, you know. All the points. There they are.)

MEOW!
(Hey! Question! Since you seem to have this all figured out and place a high value on being labeled as Mafia, I think you'd be able to tell me this one.

Why were you labeled as Mafia when you "died"? And why is it that, if you did use the mask of midnight like you said you did, it's effect is entirely different from what Luxaria said it was?

Don't tell me you have such an awesome ability as a ballroom dancer that you're allowed to investigate, send notes anonymously, AND crawl into the still warm bodies of dead players, while also being immune to everything, while ALSOOOO being able to redirect death effects with the mask of midnight? Like you are claiming, of course.

Because I don't think I'd be able to handle the jealousy.

Yes Cat Mask is feisty. It's because I want to claw your eyes out for lying so obviously to us, or I want to claw your eyes out for being the scummiest mafia player possible if you are not lying.

I believe one is more likely than the other.)

248The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Starry Mask

Starry Mask

Luxaria wrote:
For this game, I find a good way to understand everything is to view it in a physical context. Each player in this game is effectively a patron at a ball. Their abilities are unique to themselves, and not to the masks. The masks are merely the face presented to the other players in the game. If a player swaps masks, they are still that same person, just with a different disguise.

So, following that logic, let us say that you have an ability that lets you target a player during the night. To target a player, you select one of the masks in the game, and in this case let's say you target Mask A, which is worn by Player X. However, should any mask scrambling occur during the night before your action takes place, and let's say now Player X wears Mask B and Player Y wears Mask A, then your ability will resolve on the target you selected: Mask A, which is worn by Player Y. As a result, Player Y is affected by your ability.

Additionally, let us say that this ability has a lingering effect that continues to affect Player Y. If during the game Player Y would then switch to another Mask, like Mask C, and Player Z ends up with Mask A now, then Player Z would not suffer from the lingering effects; Player Y would still have the effect, even though they changed masks.

The exception to all of this is if there is an ability or role that specifically states that a mask is acted upon. Basically, view the players and masks as separate entities, but you target the masks to act on the player wearing that mask. In a game of changing masks, it can and will get confusing, thus adding to the mystery of the masquerade.

The person that switched Fox and Dog did it before Fox was killed, if you read the rules above, explains it.

249The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Well, that is easy: because it is not El Perro who died. At the time of the attack, the power of Máscara De La Medianoche switched the masks, which was how the power was described to El Perro. And El Perro was hoping that waiting would reveal who, how, and why the switch to this mask instead of your own occurred.

Now answer El Perro this: if he was to falsely claim about how the power worked, why would he even mention he tried to use it on you in the first place?

And ah! Thank you, friend of El Perro!

250The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Starry Mask wrote:

The person that switched Fox and Dog did it before Fox was killed, if you read the rules above, explains it.

MEOW
(If the ability was something akin to 'Target this player, if they die you take their place' that would lock in the effect to take place before "Fox" was killed. This does not clear anything. Hell even if the mask of midnight's effect operated how the Foxdog says it does. It would have been listed as happening AS "Fox" was killed. By Foxdog's own admission.

At the time of the attack, the power of Máscara De La Medianoche switched the masks, which was how the power was described to El Perro.

There are no actual hard facts backing up that Fox's role is 100% what they say it is. Or even 50%. In fact it would make a lot more sense if they were

Lying.)

Dog Mask wrote:Now answer El Perro this: if he was to falsely claim about how the power worked, why would he even mention he tried to use it on you in the first place?

And ah! Thank you, friend of El Perro!

(Because there is nothing to back it up and no one to prove you wrong about it, for starters.

If you want to use logic in this scenario it boggles my mind that you ever said I'd been lying about my ability when you are actually the one who asked for my investigation results, and then gave them correctly.

Let me shoot that back to you in case you forgot or other people need a refresher.

YOU asked for my investigation results.
They came back TRUE.
YOU then suggested as your defense against me that I am LYING.
For giving YOU the TRUE results YOU asked for.

You have yet to explain how that one works.
You have yet to explain a lot.)

251The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

For one so innocent, La Gata sure does hiss and yowl a lot, do they not?

And where is everyone else to weigh in on these subjects?

252The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Feathered Mask

Feathered Mask

o-ohhhhhh gosh. ; ___; i appear to have walked into something quite intense!! give me a second to catch up and i will be with all of you shortly.

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Cats_%26_Dogs_film

♥♥♥♥

253The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Dog Mask wrote:For one so innocent, La Gata sure does hiss and yowl a lot, do they not?

And where is everyone else to weigh in on these subjects?

MEOW
(For one so innocent, you sure do answer nothing.

Where are YOU to weigh in on the very basic question I just asked about you telling me I am lying about the investigation you asked for?

The fact that you can accuse and accuse and as soon as your logical gaps are pointed out you go completely silent is very telling and very concerning.

I am not the dog, but I will bite down and not let go until you either explain your absolutely terrible reasoning or you are taken apart to your base parts for everyone to see.)

254The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Feathered Mask wrote:o-ohhhhhh gosh. ; ___; i appear to have walked into something quite intense!! give me a second to catch up and i will be with all of you shortly.

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Cats_%26_Dogs_film

♥♥♥♥

With that response, you are almost as amazing as El Perro.

Cat Mask wrote:MEOW
(For one so innocent, you sure do answer nothing.

Where are YOU to weigh in on the very basic question I just asked about you telling me I am lying about the investigation you asked for?

The fact that you can accuse and accuse and as soon as your logical gaps are pointed out you go completely silent is very telling and very concerning.

I am not the dog, but I will bite down and not let go until you either explain your absolutely terrible reasoning or you are taken apart to your base parts for everyone to see.)

Because your questions have been answered, and El Perro repeating himself would get quite tiring. Besides, everything he says you try to scratch holes into (rather desperately, in El Perro's opinion), and you'll just keep scratching and scratching in hopes it manipulates one of El Perro's friends against him.

Oh, El Perro does have a question!

If he were to fall tonight, with the reveal his words about being in the Town were true, you could easily defend, saying you just tried to defend yourself against El Perro, hoping they would buy it and not lynch you the next day.

But if El Perro is so clearly Mafia, tell me: what is his end game? Get rid of you, show you as Town, then have no defense, having been against you all game long? Take on the remaining numbers, so vast versus this Mafia?

No. That would be madness.  Thus, there are only two options:

• El Perro's investigative results were corrupted, wich will have disastrous effects on the Town.
  • You are a lying, murderous fiend of a feline, Gata.

255The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 17 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Purple Mask

Purple Mask

Apologies for the silence! I've been trying to follow along, but I might as well get a question I've had so far out of the way!

Dog Mask wrote:At the time of the attack, the power of Máscara De La Medianoche switched the masks, which was how the power was described to El Perro.

So you, as the Midnight Mask, was the one doing all the swapping? Or was that just the Fox and Dog swap? Or ah...?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum