Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prototype Trials #Ex0039R16-CWLu17-0A1 [Mafia Wins]

+13
chinomi
Rasei
high seraph
Sammiya
Tiki The Troll
katagi
drandahl
Five
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
ezzelin
Kiyoko
Luxaria
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 64]

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Mr. 4lice wrote: @tiny--gosh what a cute name. but also, can you share a little more of what makes you think the dolls are malicious exactly? sweats ;;;; w ;;;;

My night action tells me they might explode

ezzelin

ezzelin

#Ex55555 \"Phive" wrote:What did you hope to glean from my reaction? What do you think of my reaction? I think I see what it is you're saying with regard to driving being an impossibility, but I still haven't a clue why your name would have appeared in the message to Sammie.

There's at least a couple more possibilities, though. Like, what if some other form of redirection were at play? Maybe a one-way drive, or someone making me reflect actions to other people, or something? Sammiya lying about what the message said for some reason? I don't know what happened, but saying "either Five or Tiki is lying or Rasei is a driver" is jumping to conclusions at least a bit, don't you think?
I wasn't "hoping" for anything in particular, I was wondering what you'd say.

And I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions. I would probably have to check with hosr, if I even can, but I think I can clump all forms of redirection that would result in the effect you were redirecting to be redirected to me in the same bucket - which would still mean Rasei would have to be a form of redirect, if a redirect occured.

What does taking on other people's negative role side-effects do for you, Five?

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

hi yes hello we are blaire and we probably dont want this doll anymore

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Mr. 4lice wrote:hi yes hello we are blaire and we probably dont want this doll anymore

:') plz don't give it to me tho

katagi

katagi

i dont want my doll either omg

oh well

okay so I'll be at work until ~1h before rollover and won't be able to speculah and stuff for most of the day!!! i'm so sorry :(

due to that i'm going to vote: ezzelin but hopefully i will be back in time to change it depending on the discussion. please discussion

(i would hve voteed lucas but he came out and did an infodump so...)

Five

Five

e2zelin wrote:What does taking on other people's negative role side-effects do for you, Five?
This might sound pretty suspicious, but... nothing, really. It's the only action I can take, and doesn't give me any benefit. In theory, it makes bad things happen to me, but keeps them off of the people with actual useful role powers. I don't gain any other action or any passive abilities or anything from taking on the negative consequences of other people's actions. I do it out of the goodness of my heart.

All that said, if anyone has an idea of who I should target, I'd definitely like to hear it. This action isn't easy to use, and without some sort of guidance the odds are it will just continue to do nothing. I had intended to use acting on Tiki as some semblance of proof as to the effect of my action, since it's not really the most believable role power otherwise, but then something went sideways and somehow your name ended up in the note and I would very much like to figure out why. Either something else interfered with my action or Tiki's action or the redirection of Tiki's negative effects to me, or Sammie is lying about the message she received. I really don't think it's the latter.

If someone used a power on me that would redirect all actions on me to completely random people, and the action was used only on me, would you have any way of knowing that this happened?

high seraph

high seraph

hello i am awake and apparently there aren't any questions about balls, which is good

Tiny's clarification about the exploding dolls feels kind of weird though. I think, so far, we have three dolls accounted for? That would be 4lice, Katadog and myself. I know this is the Nonary Game mafia and everything but that still sounds like an awful lot of bombs. I'm not exactly saying that I don't believe Tiny, and I'm definitely getting rid of my Jumpydoll asap, but I think we need more information about these dolls and how Tiny has this information if she's not their maker.

Regarding the lynch, there's another reason why I ultimately decided to vote ezz, besides the conflicting reports from Rasei and herself. She claimed responsibility for the Carolynn vote, but hasn't said anything the ghost vote that replaced Sammie's on D1, if I remember correctly. She also said that activating Carolynn's vote is only possible through a quite complicated mechanic... if she's also responsible for the ghost vote, then it's quite odd that these complicated criteria would be met twice so early in the game, isn't it? It's possible that ezz has nothing to do with the ghost vote, and I'd be happy if she could clarify whether or not that's true. If she doesn't, then we'd have at least two, maybe more?, vote-related roles in the game :-|a

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Hi so, thought about this vote all night and since I can change it whenever, I think I am comfortable doing this.

vote: Five

Not necessarily because I've decided I trust ezz over Five, but because ezz already has a lot of votes on her and I do want I guess push the lynch to a point where people can reasonably vote into the ezz/Five situation, rather than keeping the lynch entirely between ezz and Sammie for another 24 hours.

I have to think about ezzelin's role for a bit. Or rather, I have been thinking about it but I haven't been able to come to a conclusion so i'm going to infodump to give other people in thread an opportunity to think about it too.

Ezz's role seems to have a mechanic somewhat similar to my role, but our roles are still different enough that I think it's still plausible for us to be on the same team. fwiw, for full disclosure, my role triggers automatically when players visit me, and I have the option to take an additional action upon players who do visit with some caveats. I'm guessing ezzelin is only allowed to carolynnvote people who have visited her, and Sammie visited her N0. Unlike ezz, I'm not a full watcher, and my additional action is a night action rather than a day action.

The the fact that ezz has a vote manipulation ability is throwing me off a bit. I think vote manipulation tends to lean maf, but town vote manipulation roles aren't unheard of, and ezz has been very open about it and hasn't been using it in a scummy way imo.

I don't know what the scrambled name in the D0 vote tally means tho, is that part of ezzelin's role or Sammie's role or a different role entirely?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

angel★

angel★

o-oh... exploding dolls..... well then......
but yeah that's a lot of exploding things?? i wonder if they're all the same or what hm....

i think i'm going to vote: ezz since she was my other top suspicion from part one of the phase, and nothing has really changed to make me suspect her less/suspect anyone else more. the vote manipulation seems kinda suspicious to me, and the way she skirted around talking about it? it could just be that it is complicated and shouldn't be explained, but still...

also no one's said anything about the d1 vote tally scrambled name, which makes me think poorly of whatever caused it. and the fact that ezz has said nothing about it, either confirming or denying it, makes me suspect her more bc i feel like i would've said something about it since it seems somewhat connected/coincidental??

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

May as well clarify, my night action is seeing people's flavour text but not their abilities or alignment. Dran's flavour text mentions the dolls and specifically suggests they might explode or be volatile so pending an explanation from them I'm going to vote: dran.

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

UHH. I don't like the sound of exploding dolls.

I'm still debating on who to vote for.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

angel★

angel★

oh??? that sounds???? pretty bad???? dran what's up with the dolls....

also sammie does that mean you had nothing to do with the d1 garbledness (i forget if you've said something about it already, sorry if you have)?

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

The garbled text from D1 has nothing to do with me at all.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

drandahl

drandahl

Wait hold on, I'm not the doll role.

I have a limited-use redirect and targeted Blaire last night. If you targeted me, it would have passed onto Blaire. Which means Blaire is doll master, which seems like something she would have requested.

There's more to my role, and I have used one other action so far, but I get delayed responses. I'll give results in-thread as soon as I can but until then I'm not going to say what it is or how it operates.

high seraph

high seraph

here I am yet again trying to figure out how the mechanics of a specific role would affect the game's balance. Honestly, it seems hella weird that there would be three explosive dolls in the game, because that's three random deaths on any side of the ratio. Either way, I don't see how this doll could be a town role, and I'm more than willing to lynch drandahl if he really has this role. Hopefully, the death of whoever has that role will result in the dolls being, uh, deactivated, just like my death would trigger the destruction of my Magic Ball.

gosh this game literally sounds like a zero escape game what the heck

ALSO

iM CURRENTLY TAKING SUGGESTIONS ON WHO I SHOULd GIVE THIS GODDAMN DOLL TO I DONT WANNa GET BLOWN UP OKAY?!?!!?

omfg ninja'd by drandahl

uhh ok i'm gonna need some time to think about this.

i'll also be waiting for Blaire to offer some sort of explanation???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum