Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival | THE END | Town Win!

+15
katagi
Vanilla Ace
Aeiou
Five
Entelechy
angel★
ezzelin
Tiki The Troll
Rasei
nautilus
plotstickers
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Ninfia
Mr. Gerbear
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 36]

Entelechy

Entelechy

I'm going to reserve voting until Dran comes online, and we see what the answer to their magic 8-ball was.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@DUCK, DRANDAHL ALREADY ANSWERED. HE SAID THE ANSWER TO HIS SECOND QUESTION WAS "NO"

I WAS WONDERING WHY EVERYONE KEPT MISSING THINGS I HAVE SAID ABOUT MY ROLE BUT I REALIZE THAT A LOT OF THE THINGS I SAID ABOUT MY ROLE ARE CONTINGENT UPON KNOWING THE DETAILS OF HOW MY ROLE WORKS, WHICH IS NOT EXPLICITLY STATED ON THE FRONT PAGE

UPDATING THE CLAIMS LIST IN A SEC BUT MY SUSPICIONS LIST IS PRETTY SIMILAR TO MITSU'S

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

nautilus

nautilus

high seraph wrote:what contradiction

If you're talking about me, it doesn't matter (though idk what Aeiou's talking about, I was initially suspicious of you because of something you said) bc I'm pretty sure I know your shop/role and if you are who you are then you're not MegaCorp anyways, so I'm pretty okay with assuming you're not who I'm out to drown in cookie hell

I WAS WONDERING WHY EVERYONE KEPT MISSING THINGS I HAVE SAID ABOUT MY ROLE BUT I REALIZE THAT A LOT OF THE THINGS I SAID ABOUT MY ROLE ARE CONTINGENT UPON KNOWING THE DETAILS OF HOW MY ROLE WORKS, WHICH IS NOT EXPLICITLY STATED ON THE FRONT PAGE

I feel like I know what role you are, but I am not 100% sure on this, okay!! I am a bit confused and a bit uneasy, okay. The last time I thought you were a role you were not Switzerland and it was awful!

I should also add that I didn't try to buy any items on D2, because I was inventory-locked going into the phase! I think four people bought unlimited produce items though since the lottery jackpot's jumped up to 29G now, and I'll confirm that I bought two items! They are exactly what you think they are.

I did also try to buy one egg on D1 but I got locked out, oops.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I PROBABLY MISSED SOME STUFF BUT HERE

Claims List:

Last edited by Kiyoko on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:I feel like I know what role you are, but I am not 100% sure on this, okay!! I am a bit confused and a bit uneasy, okay. The last time I thought you were a role you were not Switzerland and it was awful!

TBH THE FACT THAT I AM AWARE THAT TWO VULNERARIES WERE SOLD IMPLIES THAT DESPITE PROVABLY SPENDING 7G ON D1 (AND UNPROVABLY SPENDING 1G EXTRA ON AN EGG) I EITHER

HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO ATTEMPT TO BUY A VULNERARY ON D2 (AND THAT ADDS UP TO 15G WHICH MAFIA DOES HAVE, SO IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU THINK MAFIA WANTS TO BLOW THEIR WHOLE BUDGET ON THOSE ITEMS)

OR ELSE I KNOW THAT TWO VULNERARIES WERE SOLD FOR OTHER REASONS.

IN ANY CASE. DID PLOT CLAIM ANY ITEMS BOUGHT? BECAUSE DRANDAHL'S N1 QUESTION IF I'M INTERPRETING IT CORRECTLY IMPLIES THAT PLOT ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE ITEMS.

nautilus

nautilus

Someone used vinegar on katagi, not wine!

I suppose it should also be alright to infer that Ninfia bought the vulnerary from her own shop on D1? Since it's expensive and all that jazz.

Some thoughts on the final list:
I'm willing to not vote drandahl because Ducky brings up a good point that I'm... uncertain if mafia would immediately pass the bomb to mafia immediately, unless the bomb maker doesn't have to compulsively pass on game start; you run the risk of the RNG hating you and blowing up on yourself, and I'm not sure if that's a risk mafia would want to take. Also this list and magic 8 ball business is kind of convoluted and I don't know if mafia!drandahl would do this.

I feel like Aeiou's claiming of actions and such is town-aligned, but I guess I'm just a little confused as to why I was targeted last night, lol, since if drandahl's list is to be believed I'm in the section that's lower priority (0-1 mafia). I guess I can see why because I was notoriously tight-lipped on anything going into D2, so I can't fault Aeiou too much. I do think that Aeiou's accidental vote on Five is probably a town mistake more than a mafia mistake, but keep in mind mafia has less of a reason to want to vote, since they don't receive cashmoneys from votes.

I struggle with Plot because she's usually really quiet in games due to being busy, and while she was unusually aggressive and town-ish in LL mafia, here it's hard because she's significantly less active. She hasn't been as open about her purchases as other players have been, which is interesting given that most of the pro-town/dangerous items from D1 have been claimed (Binoculars > Aeiou, Vulnerary > probably Ninfia, Wine > Luxaria, Paint > me, Rope > Kiyoko, Honey > katagi to ???) and it's been a few days since D1 - presumably she'd have used an item from D1 that she bought by this point, I'd expect. I know Plot generally doesn't like claiming as a whole and she's on drandahl's second list, so I'm unsure, though she makes long lists regardless of alignment. To answer Kiyoko's question: She did claim buying items but did not say what these items were!

I feel like Rasei's been relatively upfront with her purchases, so it's a little boggling for her to be mafia for me. I do think her purchases have been ... relatively small compared to everyone else's purchases, and she's the only player so far that's claimed not buying an item (other than ezzelin and Plot, though ezzelin claimed a crab trap so at least there's something) on D1; furthermore, the one item she has bought is a weirdly ambiguous and confusing anti-town item; given how small all of her purchases have been and the relative inability to verify (whereas Ducky can verify that I poured vinegar on Luxaria) whether or not it was poured on Ninfia on elsewhere. The fact that she hasn't been buying anything big makes me think of Lux's argument that mafia would be more controlled with purchases since they literally cannot generate a lot of cashmoney in this game.

I feel like I'm in the same boat with Angel and Plot; both are relatively quiet, and I struggle to read them a lot. Like Rasei, Angel's been upfront with her purchases, though her scrap paper is less airtight than Kiyoko's scrap paper because there's only two lines vs Kiyoko's three, though katagi has confirmed the honey. I don't have a lot to say on Angel, I'm running out of gas here

Missus Mayor, can scrap paper be used in either phase? Is scrap paper immediate?

I am curious about something but I'm not sure if I should ask about it, haha ;__; but I have a question for katagi, though they might know what I want to ask...

@Kiyoko - I DON'T THINK YOU'RE MAFIA I'M JUST VERY AFRAID but I know of two ways that the second case is possible which tie into your possible role.......

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I guess you could use scrap paper during the day, but you'd still get results at the end of the phase :0

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:IN ANY CASE. DID PLOT CLAIM ANY ITEMS BOUGHT? BECAUSE DRANDAHL'S N1 QUESTION IF I'M INTERPRETING IT CORRECTLY IMPLIES THAT PLOT ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE ITEMS.

She did. I asked her upfront if she had bought any items Spring 1 and she said "yes."

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

NO I MEANT SPECIFICALLY, DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE BOUGHT? BECAUSE LIKE MITSU MENTIONED, ALL OF THE MORE PRO-TOWN ITEMS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED ALREADY.

I KNOW PLOT WAS ON DRANDAHL'S SECOND LIST, BUT CASE OF THE MISSING FISHING ROD, SO...

I AM MILDLY SUSPICIOUS OF ANYONE WHO DID NOT PROVABLY SPEND A SHITTON OF MONEY SO FAR BECAUSE I THINK TOWN WOULD BE MORE WILLING TO SPEND FOR REASONS WE'VE ALREADY DISCUSSED. AND ALSO IT'S VERY LIKELY THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST DUMPING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INTO THEIR OWN SHOPS, ALLOWING A SLOW BUT INFINITE LOOP OF USING THEIR OWN ITEMS.

VOTE: PLOTSTICKERS FOR NOW

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sleepy post:

Mitsu wrote:Mechanics-wise, I don't believe this player is mafia unless they are somehow psychic and knew Lux was targeted with vinegar, because items used by mafia and the mafia NK aren't affected by vinegar:
Entelechy

Duck wrote:Well, Lux has been pouring out vinegar (a nice amber apple cider vinegar, if my nose serves me) apparently, because one of my letters got a Return to Sender. That count as littering?

I'm willing to believe that it's possible that Duck did buy four stationery, since that aligns with one of my possible theories, however I don't know if Duck just assumed I poured vinegar somewhere (on a target that was not me, for instance), or was hinting that I had been targeted for vinegar.

I just want to close this case, so for consistency:

Duck, which players did you target for messages? And how many did you send? No one has commented on it as far as I can tell, so I'm getting the impression you probably sent one to me since I was hounding your case the hardest, but that you ran afoul of Mitsu's vinegar. Either way, can you comment on your targets last night?

Mitsu wrote:I suppose it should also be alright to infer that Ninfia bought the vulnerary from her own shop on D1? Since it's expensive and all that jazz.

I was originally going to poke into the 8G purchases the previous day phase, but as I did it the thing that stood out to me was that Ninfia had a high chance of buying vulnerary from what I believed was her own shop, so I stopped probing further if the mafia hadn't caught the hints. She said she had not bought unlimited items, and seeing as she is unlikely to have purchased the Fishing Rod or the Honey given her actual alignment/role, I think this is a safe assumption to make.

Related to this, I'm 85-90% on Kiyoko being town. There's one or two edge cases that I can't discount because she is crafty as hell. If she is town, I also believe I know her role. Hmm.

I'm actually feeling a little bad for mafia because town can corroborate item purchases and actually make item purchases so easy (especially if they buy their own items), meaning mafia can't really contradict what town is saying without incurring suspicion. Thus if mafia did buy items to help them function, they're going to be noticeably anti-town--like the Fishing Rod and Honey, and probably at least one Vinegar. But, as a result, anyone that's been stingy or quiet about purchases is at the top of my radar. Even the non-shop power roles for town start with over half the gold of mafia, and they earn up to 5G per set of day/night I think, so...

Also, half-assed edit after skimming recent posts, +1 to Kiyoko's rehash of all previous discussion re: items and monetary expenditure.

Going to wait for Duck to reply to my questions before I pursue the leads others are throwing up--also allow those leads to reply.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Luxaria wrote:

Duck wrote:Well, Lux has been pouring out vinegar (a nice amber apple cider vinegar, if my nose serves me) apparently, because one of my letters got a Return to Sender. That count as littering?

I'm willing to believe that it's possible that Duck did buy four stationery, since that aligns with one of my possible theories, however I don't know if Duck just assumed I poured vinegar somewhere (on a target that was not me, for instance), or was hinting that I had been targeted for vinegar.

I just want to close this case, so for consistency:

Duck, which players did you target for messages? And how many did you send? No one has commented on it as far as I can tell, so I'm getting the impression you probably sent one to me since I was hounding your case the hardest, but that you ran afoul of Mitsu's vinegar. Either way, can you comment on your targets last night?

The letter that wasn't delivered was sent to you! I has assumed you had poured it out for yourself, because I also had misunderstanding about how vinegar worked : P

I sent four people letters, and a gift box with a piece of stationary in it so they could reply (or use it on someone else, whatever). I'll resend your gift box with stationary to you tonight, Lux.

As for the other three people who received letters from me... I don't want the mafia to know that. They can come forward if they wish, but I am unwilling to finger them.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

JUST A THOUGHT

IF MAFIA BOUGHT A FISHING ROD THEY CAN'T EVEN BID IN THE AUCTION. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FOR MINIMUM BID

nautilus

nautilus

I checked with Missus Mayor and I think I know what Kiyoko's hinting at now, so I'm willing to move her up to katagi/Lucas/Luxaria/Ace/ezzelin tier. I did not get concrete answers but I got a vague approving nod from the mayor on my questions. Missus Mayor's clarification on scrap paper helps me as well, and I'm 99% sure that Kiyoko's not mafia at this point with the 1% reserved for #kiyokomademecry.

I feel like the only roles that would possibly abstain from hardcore spending in the town are the detective and the doctor, simply because all the other town roles can generate a lot of gold in the day phase, depending on sales, while the detective and doctor cannot. I understand that people might plausibly be saving up for auction-time, but as it stands mafia has at maximum 15G because neither the cop nor the doctor are dead, and just going off of the thread, at least one or two players are rolling in cash right now and likely have more than 15G.

I'm admittedly kind of unsure about Rasei and Plot and Angel for these reasons (ezzelin would be in this group as well, but ezzelin has implied to have bought things and also her comments hint at her shop) because they have made very small or not claimed their purchases, but.

I don't believe Lucas is mafia because I think I know his actual role/shop, regardless of the fact that he's straight up claimed not buying anything. If things wildly change though, I'm willing to suspect him.

... I guess the fishing rod is kind of baffling to me as a whole because if mafia bought the fishing rod, they effectively have locked themselves out of auctions since they start with 15G and would have 9G leftover, which isn't enough for a minimum bid. I guess if the person hasn't used the honey yet and they're town, it makes sense not to claim (like I did) for fear of people stealing it, but if they've already used it it doesn't make sense for... anyone... not to claim it

imo it has to exist anyways because no one has said it hasn't, and whoever owns the fishing store would know if the fishing rod doesn't actually exist based on their sales

wow kiyoko way to ninja me on this point

nautilus

nautilus

Doubleposting.

front page wrote:Sale Priority: First Day sales go by inbox order. Priority for subsequent days goes by who hasn't got their top item yet, and then inbox order. Mafia buys items as one person.

Assuming drandahl's question is read as interpreted, I'm assuming this line implies mafia buys all their items as a single individual and one person submits items for the entire team (unless it's more complex??? like... mafia sale priority is via whichever mafia member sends in the PM last or whatever). So, uh, his question is less ambiguous than I thought.

high seraph

high seraph

ftr, i STILL haven't wasted a single piece of gald.

im saving up for college bc my mom prefers children with phds ok

Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival | THE END | Town Win! - Page 21 Temmie10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum