Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival | THE END | Town Win!

+15
katagi
Vanilla Ace
Aeiou
Five
Entelechy
angel★
ezzelin
Tiki The Troll
Rasei
nautilus
plotstickers
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Ninfia
Mr. Gerbear
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 36]

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

home from work! back reading!

edit: wow I'm oh so happy this page topped. ugh.

anyway while I'm here, I'm willing to follow kiyoko's gut at this point, but I'm going to vote: ace while I look back on the thread? I've caught up to this point, so I want to review and see if there is anyone else I would vote for. It's... odd that I was left off Dran's list but I suppose it makes sense if he thought I was neutral? I suppose he wanted to avoid confusion by including me if my alignment was neither maf or town.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

drandahl

drandahl

Ninfia wrote:I suppose he wanted to avoid confusion by including me if my alignment was neither maf or town.

It was plain oversight actually. I had separated you from the rest of the players in my notes before making those two lists.

nautilus

nautilus

Hat Person wrote:Ange ou Démon? Le Secret

Qu'est-ce que c'est? Spéculation? Ton personnage?

I'm back from more baking! Ummm. I thought hard about my reasoning for voting Ace, and I guess I can't fault them too much for voting katagi for getting the honey, since honey's a more ambiguously used item... I guess I'm a bit ? by Ace voting katagi for doing something that they might have also done on D1 (attempting to buy honey), but i-it's not like I also crawled into a cargo hold with two individuals that may have become mafia....................................................

t-this is really confusing! I-I might be fast in the kitchen, but I'm not very good at all this mystery business. ;m;

At the same time, I'm also cool with voting for them because of sheer process of elimination (or rather, everyone else has things they've said make me less likely to vote them compared to Ace) ... hrm.

F-for what it's worth, I guess for me the two people I'm least likely to vote overall (outside of one person for general gut reasons and barring drandahl's lists) are Kiyoko and Angelstar, since I feel like forging scrap paper is difficult when there are multiple aspects to the scrap paper's power (and in Kiyoko's case, she'd have to guaranteed bullshit one of her lines because she has three lines, two of which identify specific players and one of which identifies both a spending amount and an item); in addition, if they were mafia and used the paper, I feel like it'd be more advantageous to keep that information hidden from the town?

Last edited by nautilus on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

DISCLAIMER, MY VOTE IS NOTHING EXCEPT FOR PROCESS OF ELIMINATION NOT WANTING TO VOTE OTHER PEOPLE

NOBODY SHOULD BE FOLLOWING MY GUT EVEN IF THIS WERE A GUT REACTION

MY GUT IS MALNOURISHED AND STUFFED WITH COOKIES

FEEL FREE TO VOTE FOR ACE IF YOU WANT TO JUST DON'T DO IT JUST BECAUSE ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT

AND BY ALL THE COOL KIDS I MEAN JUST ME

I AM THE ONLY COOL KID

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Entelechy

Entelechy

I am taking a French course Monday nights now, and I won't be home till 10 which I realize is when rollover is, I mean I just realized that a bit ago. The class had as break now, and I've skimmer what I can (and am on mobile), and I'll vote Ace to and pass the bomb to plotstickets

nautilus

nautilus

Am... Am I not cool? ;m;

I think Ace is in SEA though, so I hope they can catch up soon and respond to all of this...

nautilus wrote:
Ace V
Aeiou I
Ninfia I
katagi I
no lynch II
Five I

drandahl vs Ace
Rasei vs Aeiou
Ace vs katagi
Ninfia vs katagi
ezzelin vs Ninfia
katagi vs Ninfia
high seraph vs no lynch
Kiyoko vs Ace
Aeiou vs Five
nautilus vs Ace
angelstar vs no lynch
Ninfia vs Ace
Entelechy vs Ace

A little intrigued by the no lynch votes since we have a list to go off of, but I guess that's just me...

On a side note, I'm admittedly very curious what question Mister Hunting Man used to get past the alignment/role restrictions of the Magic 8 Ball to make the list in the first place, but... rubs chin it's not a pressing concern to me atm

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:FEEL FREE TO VOTE FOR ACE IF YOU WANT TO JUST DON'T DO IT JUST BECAUSE ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT

AND BY ALL THE COOL KIDS I MEAN JUST ME

I AM THE ONLY COOL KID

Um, excuse me? I voted Ace before it was cool.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I AM ADMITTEDLY NOT COMFORTABLE WITH PEOPLE BANDWAGONING VOTES WITHOUT A GOOD EXPLANATION. STARES DEEPLY INTO NINFIA AND DUCK

RE: DRANDAHL, HE AND I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD LONG CONVERSATIONS ON TRAIN RIDES ABOUT HOW WE MIGHT STRUCTURE QUESTIONS TO BYPASS ALIGNMENT RESTRICTIONS AND/OR ASK ABOUT MULTIPLE PEOPLE, SO WHILE THIS COULD STILL BE A BLUFF, I AM INCLINED TO BELIEVE THAT HE IS THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO COULD COME UP WITH A QUESTION OF THAT NATURE

THAT SAID

IS THERE ANY RULE ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CLAIM THE QUESTION YOU ASKED? I DON'T REALLY SEE A REASON NOT TO CLAIM THE QUESTION IF IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES

DRANDAHL YOU SHOULD CLAIM THE QUESTION IF IT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyo, there is town value in not claiming the question just yet. If enough are concerned, I'll reveal, but until then there's still more information to gather.

Also this game there's no rule against referring to players explicitly, so that part is at least pretty straightforward.

Tote Valley Tales: Forget-Me-Not Festival | THE END | Town Win! - Page 12 Huntsm10

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

JUST DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU REVEAL IT

Luxaria

Luxaria

Finally reviewed. Observations:

drandahl wrote:I actually think the Lucastun is more likely town-originating. That's 1/3 of mafia funds, and they have no dependable way of getting more. The only way I could see that as a reasonable mafia move is if it's part of a de-scum tactic.

Mitsu wrote:@drandahl - I agree! I think that of the items in play, the rope is one that MegaCorp would probably spend their money to buy, since I thiiink it blocks everything including items and the doctor/detective?

Did you misread drandahl here? Or say one thing and meant the other? Because drandahl and even others commented that the rope seemed more likely to be in the hands of town than mafia, but your quote here is a bit contradictory in that regard.

Ninfia wrote:Duck's secondary vote thing reads to me like it could be a maf ploy to a degree. it would give the bomb maker and excuse to pass the bomb to a townie without suspicion if binoculars were pointed at them.

Purportedly, drandahl sent the bomb to Duck, so while it's possible that Duck could be the bomb maker and got gifted the bomb again (can the bomb explode on a mafia, actually?), it's probably unlikely. There's no saying they couldn't both be mafia pulling a ploy with drandahl's list and Duck's bomb, but. As Kiyo said earlier, drandahl's list is the kind of thing where he could get caught up in a lie later on, so to speak.

Re: Ninfia vs Katagi situation, I said before that I can see what Ninfia might've found weird about Katagi's first post, but after re-reading Katagi I think I'm not concerned with her at the moment given potential softclaims. Ninfia's posts read really awkwardly with how much she missed the mark on--but that's something I'd expect her to be less likely to do if she were mafia, from what I know of her*. Doesn't rule her out, and while I'll keep an eye on her, not as inclined to vote for her right this moment.

The honey situation intrigues me since there are several items that strike me as much more mafia-leaning than town-leaning. The honey might be one of them for the sake of negating an item purchase, but it could also fall flat on its face--especially with limited mafia funds. The fishing rod falls into the same vein re: screwing up town, but being costly.

I do find it curious that the fishing rod by chance happened to grab the honey, which another player, Ace, purportedly went for. There are several scenarios that might prompt honey purchases, so I'm not going to analyze them too, too heavily, and Mitsu's done some good speculative footwork in that regard.

Aeiou wrote:Ahh ok I used binocs on Lux, thats why I asked if she used a second item since it listed two people she visited which she just confirmed

Ah okay, I thought that was unusual for you to pick up on me saying items when I was being ambiguous and might have meant it to only mean one item. That explains it, though! P.S. That vote was so cute. <3

Kiyoko wrote:FOR META REASONS OUTSIDE OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE I AM INCLINED TO THINK LUXARIA IS TOWN FOR NOW

I... think I know what these (presumably two or three) meta reasons are, with you knowing me as you do. I'm so obvious, it's embarrassing. ._.

Hmmm... Vote. From drandahl's first list, I'd feel most comfortable voting for Rasei, Ace, and I'm not decided on Duck just yet. I think the others have either posted in a way this phase that I am either not concerned or not immediately inclined to vote their way.

Re: Duck

Duck wrote:I would suggest waiting at least a phase to lynch me, since if I die holding the bomb, it goes right back to the mafia.

I am... not quite sure how this is meant to dissuade us since it's a relatively low chance we place a bomb onto a mafia to begin with, much less on the phase it might decide to explode, and I feel like Gerry wouldn't make it such that the mafia's only form of a secondary kill (iirc?) could lead to them killing one another. I'd have to double-check if this has been clarified anywhere, though. This plus the desire to vote on where to pass the bomb does seem weird to me, but kind of typical for Duck. This said, if I did find Duck suspicious it would mean drandahl did manage to place the bomb onto a mafia in this hypothetical, contrary to my musings. So that's a thing.

There's a bit of a bandwagon on Ace and I don't know if much will change in two hours. The sequence of votes is intriguing to me, but no one looks like they've immediately tried to defend Ace? angel's vote on No Lynch is the closest, unless all of the votes between drandahl's vote and Kiyoko's vote had mafia voting in there somewhere, too. This concerns me a little bit.

I'm honestly most intrigued by Rasei since we know nothing about her this game so far beyond an RNG vote onto Aeiou. But I don't know if another vote on her will do much of anything given the setup of votes. And I don't mind seeing Ace's flip considering what else we know, though Ace may not be around to defend. Hm.

Will think on this vote.

Also, I agree, I am really curious what drandahl did ask the magic 8-ball. I've tried running a through sample questions through my head that might give those results, but... After Literary mafia, I'm just. No. No more of that.

Edit: These posts always feel so much smaller when I'm writing them... am I really too lux; didn't read? is that who I am? ;w;

* Re-worded something about the lovely Fia that came across the wrong way! ;w;!!

Last edited by Luxaria on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:JUST DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU REVEAL IT

Naturally. You'll still have me for at least another round, unless my nephew decides to kill me with the bomb.

Snaked by Lux, reading her post and then getting back to work.

nautilus

nautilus

Oh! You actually omitted from the quote the agreement bit that was... right after you cut off:

But I can't see MegaCorp using it on high seraph as a target at all, unless they wanted to "clear" high seraph somehow, but I'm not sure that makes sense as a strategy since there's no dedicated roper on either side!

tl;dr I agreed with drandahl that it doesn't make sense for the Lucas-stun to be mafia originating, and that the only way I could see it used is as a descum tactic. I suppose it was confusing because of the way I ordered the paragraph, though!

I do think mafia would prioritize the rope as a purchase in general (if they had to make one), because it can be used to block the detective's investigation (which isn't blocked by wine or honey since it isn't an item) - at the time I also thought it covered protections because I can't read action priorities, apparently, so I still stand by this statement, but I say in the exact same paragraph that I can't see the mafia stunning Lucas!

Last edited by nautilus on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luxaria

Luxaria

Also, had to check something first, but: I can also say that I believe two vinegar were purchased on D1. Make of that as you will.

Edit: Oh! Okay, sorry, Mitsu. It just sounded funny at a glance to see...

drandahl: The stun on Lucas was town-originating.
Mitsu: I agree! Mafia would probably buy the rope.

My mistake! I just wanted to make sure I was following you properly, which apparently I wasn't.

Last edited by Luxaria on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Luxaria wrote:Literary

Luxaria wrote:No more of that.

THE THANE OF FIFE HAD A WIFE. WHERE IS SHE NOW?—WHAT, WILL THESE HANDS NE'ER BE CLEAN?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum