Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;]

+21
Sammiya
nautilus
AliceofOz
Rasei
alcasync
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
T3tsuya
Midnight Mask
Starry Mask
Feathered Mask
Cat Mask
Blue Mask
Red Mask
Bunny Mask
Gemmed Mask
Butterfly Mask
Fox Mask
Purple Mask
Dog Mask
Skull Mask
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 26]

121The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:22 am

Red Mask

Red Mask

Hmm... so let's say Blue Mask is town, which I think is true. And also let's say Blue Mask doesn't have any other abilities because if they did I think they would be trying harder to convince us to let them live.

Benefits of middle card: Mystery "good for town" effect. No benefits to mafia.
Downsides: We lose a town (but at least that town is vanilla).

Benefits of left card: We enter N1 with a "confirmed," albeit vanilla town and we don't take the ratio hit. Also, mystery "good for town" effect.
Downsides: Mystery "good for mafia" effect.

I think if we can get information about the mystery effects that would really help our decision, because having a "confirmed" town is actually quite a benefit by itself! I'm not going to change my vote yet, I just wanted to bring this up.

122The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:26 am

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

I've still got one trick up my sleeve if I do live, but it is very specific and hard to do so the chances of it happening are slim.

123The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am

Cat Mask

Cat Mask

Blue Mask wrote:I've still got one trick up my sleeve if I do live, but it is very specific and hard to do so the chances of it happening are slim.

MEOW MEOW MEW MEOW (I guess the best question to ask for this is, in your opinion, what is the most advantageous option?)

Butterfly Mask wrote:I for one don't want to know who is who, it would defeat the purpose of the game.

MEOW (If it's an in game ability, how does it defeat the purpose of the game? If we had hunches based on writing style, that list can only help confirm it.)

124The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am

Fox Mask

Fox Mask

Red Mask wrote:
Luxaria wrote:If the Middle Card is chosen, the Fortune Teller will die. The result will prove beneficial to Town.

Umm, Fox Mask, why on earth would this be a mafia ability? Are you suggesting there's a mafia role where a mafia member dies and on top of that, town also gets another nice benefit, and town gets a say in which option to go with?

Ah, but there is plenty of reason, Roja! Oh, ho, ho, perhaps this is the reason El Zorro has the mask of the wily fox?

First, yea, El Zorro most agree, this seems very "Town," as you say. And Azul's actions in quickly voting against their best interest for Town also paints then in a good shade of blue

But why might El Zorro still suspect? Well, let's say we had lynched Azul out of suspicion. Upon seeing this, several things could happen.

• We could see the options, automatically assume this must be Town, and that we have made a mistake. Then, if Azul lives, this Mafia not only denies a lynch, but now has a very convincing double agent, not to mention suspicion thrown onto Azul's accusers.
  • We see the option to gamble on a boon for us or this Mafia. We figure, hey we're already removing a Mafia, ask what harm could this gamble be? Even if Mafia gets it, we still have broken even.
  • We play out safe and make the choice that I'd obvious.

That makes any of the sense? Well Zorro hopes so, but if not, is willing to discuss more later. This is fun, is it not?

Oh, and there is one other situation that could benefit Mafia, though it would be quite risky. Azul would have to offer themselves before we, as this Town, gather much of the information, so that we think that did it for us. And then, to be following it up, they immediately order themselves as a sacrifice for the middle, hoping the information that comes in spares them, while giving them future deniability...or just a good power for Mafia.

But that would be loco!

No matter for now, though. Nrw information, it is coming, and El Zorro will again be patient with his vote.

125The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:48 am

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

Until the cards speak to a select few, I am fine with the Middle Card being the main choice for everyone. But, when the cards speak, do listen as we will find out about that right card.

126The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Butterfly Mask

Butterfly Mask

Blue, do you know if the cards speak to masks or the real accounts? Because I don't want to log out, because it will a pain to log back in after checking my real account and I'm not going to be at my computer until a hour and half before RO. (Decided to use computer for Starry and phone for Bitterfly so I don' t mess up again.)

Most of the time when I go to masquerade parties, I go to flirt and have fun without worrying who the other person behind the mask is. It more fun that way.

127The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

Real accounts I'm assuming. But only 4 random masks are getting information.

128The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Red Mask

Red Mask

I got one of the information things!

Luxaria wrote:Fate favors you; the cards have revealed some of their nature. The middle card deals with life and the path through it that we all take, and how these paths vary greatly between any two individuals. In the search to find your place in the world, everyone chooses differently, in the end.

I have no idea what this means and Luxaria said I was allowed to quote it in thread, so I'm posting it here so we can analyze it together.

129The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

...That's what I'm dying for?

130The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

The cards have revealed some of their nature.

As a note, I am okay with players discussing which others may be playing. I tried to structure the game around the very fact that I expected players to perform a sort of speculative tracking based off of the posts and post times of others. In a way, the nature of masquerading is to play a game within a game, but it pays to be cautious and not trust the masks too carefully.

I have said it privately, but I will say here: Information regarding other players is up to player interpretation. I will only specify in the event of a role action or actions.

Tarot Phase Vote Tally

Gemmed Mask vs Middle Card
Cat Mask vs Middle Card
Feathered Mask vs Middle Card
Red Mask vs Middle Card

Middle Card IV

Also, there are unlimited vote changes this phase, like any other phase.

131The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

List of Arcana cards:

• The Fool
  • The Magician
  • The High Priestess
  • The Empress
  • The Emperor
  • The Hierophant
  • The Lovers
  • The Chariot
  • Justice
  • The Hermit
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Strength
  • The Hanged Man
  • Death
  • Temperance
  • The Devil
  • The Tower
  • The Star
  • The Moon
  • The Sun
  • Judgment
  • The World

I've crossed out what I don't believe is relevant to Red's post.

132The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Dog Mask

Dog Mask

Well I am...both confused and interested but mostly confused.

My, my this is quite a predicament. Mr. Blue, you are a very brave individual for willingly sacrificing yourself twice. I think we can establish that the Red and Blue ones are on our side with certainty. As for picking a card, the right choice seems obvious enough to me.

Vote: Middle Card

And oh joy, more riddles. I can't type sarcastically enough.

===

Hm. I took one look at Wikipedia and The Lovers seems the most fitting for that description.

133The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Red Mask

Red Mask

Dog Mask wrote:I think we can establish that the Red and Blue ones are on our side with certainty.

I-I appreciate the vote of confidence! ;v; But I'm not confirmed town, I don't think? I am town, but there's no proof yet. I'm just trying to be as helpful and share as much information as I can.

Umm so I've been rereading the hint and I have an idea but I don't think it's right. I'll share it anyway.

Luxaria wrote:everyone chooses differently, in the end

This reminds me of her dragon role from the Roles From A Hat game and how based on the original version she posted after the game ended, she originally she wanted everyone to be able to choose what loot they got? So maybe we'll get a choice of rewards. Maybe the difference between middle card and left card is that in middle card, only town members get a reward, whereas with left card everyone gets a reward.

Luxaria wrote:these paths vary greatly between any two individuals

Or maybe this means that everyone gets a different reward?

134The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Bunny Mask

Bunny Mask

I am very baffled  by all of this, but 'tis most interesting all the same.

Sir Blue, your sacrifice shall not be in vain of that I am most certain. You are quite the noble one, despite not being a knight.

Vote: Middle Card since while it pains me to sentence the valorous Sir Blue  to a untimely end, it seems to be the general consensus that it is the wisest choice. I wish things  could end without bloodshed, but alas it does not seem likely for it too do so at this point of the party.

May your family live healthy and prosperous lives, Sir Blue, and I daresay we shall never forget you.

Hm... The riddle is most interesting, however. Breaking down the lines brought a bit of a hunch to me.

Life and the path through it we all take: The fool?
How these paths vary greatly in between two people: Chariot and the Heirophant?
In your search to find your place in the world: The Hermit?
Everyone chooses differently in the end: The World?

The Chariot and the Heirophant always struck me as being opposites, so they could easily represent two different paths. The Hermit is about introspection, so.... And the world is a bit more random but that's how it struck me.

135The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Masquerade - Mafia Wins [;_;] Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Blue Mask

Blue Mask

Blue very much wishes the other 3 people who the cards smiled upon would get online.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum