Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prototype Trials #Ex0039R16-CWLu17-0A1 [Mafia Wins]

+13
chinomi
Rasei
high seraph
Sammiya
Tiki The Troll
katagi
drandahl
Five
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
ezzelin
Kiyoko
Luxaria
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 64]

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kaeiou wrote:when it says failed kills won't show up does that mean a bulletproof wouldn't show a failed attempt or does that just mean if the NK sender was jailed/stunned?

If a target would receive a killing effect and otherwise survives, either through protection of any kind (including bulletproof) or something prohibiting, thwarting, or preventing the killing effect in any capacity, then the failed attempt will not show up in the rollover.

Basically, the only time you will ever see any mention in any form of a "kill" in rollover is if a player dies during the night.

Does that clarify it?

This is an excellent pagetop.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

#Ex55555 \"Phive" wrote:More shortly. Worry not, for I have much to say.

Which is part of why I find rollover so curious. Knew you'd have something to add. =D

Rasei

Rasei

Glenn Coco Effect? No, I haven't.

Rasei

Rasei

So someone could have been protected against the night kill, and that why it didn't show up.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I got two things in the night, which is interesting. can't get a straight answer about something from our lovely host, so that's really all I have on that front. Kiyoko said she got a thing, I wonder if anyone else also got a thing? because that makes two people getting a thing. Idk, just trying to survey the crowd here.

anyway, looking at rollover, I guess there are the following possibilities:

1) night kill hit a bulletproof - unhelpful so I won't really discuss it.

2) Five sent in the night kill, but was stunned - this is a possibility, but man what are the goddamn chances the stunner hit the nk. I guess not... terrible? so I'm willing to vote for five, if necessary.

3) Aeiou sent in the night kill, but was jailed - another possibility, however it is sort of complicated by the following.

4) The NK was sent in on Aeiou, but she was jailed.

I feel as if we can't really be certain of Aeiou's status. So, tbh, I'd also be willing to vote for Aeiou if only to ascertain the nature of the jail.

I'm not gonna vote yet since its super early in the phase tho. I'd like to hear from more players before I make a choice.

there is also 5) Someone was protected, too. so.

shrugs

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Rasei

Rasei

I got nothing last night. ;_; I have nothing to really help out except what I know in rollover.

plotstickers

plotstickers

I didn't get anything either. :'(

I can see myself voting for either Vowels or Five since there was no NK. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to voting for other people given Lux's answer to Vowels's questions and the possibilities mentioned in Ninfia's post. Sorry, I don't have anything else to contribute for the moment. __(:'3

Five

Five

Cloverasei wrote:Glenn Coco Effect? No, I haven't.
In simplest terms, the Glen Coco Effect is what occurs when a great many players target the same person all at once. The cause of the targeting is of no concern; it could happen due to events in the game, as one player says or does something that could make them a good target for many role powers, or more prominent players could be acted on by a great many people on night 0. It just doesn't matter.

So, you see, the Glen Coco Effect results when a great many people act on the same target. You could say that every time a player is actually successfully protected from a kill, that's a minor form of the Glen Coco Effect, because both the kill and the protect have to hit the same target. Usually, when this happens, a message is delivered-- "_____ was targeted for a kill, but it failed", or... something like that. But let's say that happened and there was no message.

The question then becomes: What if that same target was also hit with a stun? Normally, in the case where the message was left, they wouldn't be suspected as a villain. But if there was no message about a failed kill, and someone was stunned, you'd naturally suspect them, right?

Now, let's say someone unsavory is aware of the Glen Coco Effect and has reason to believe that it could happen to them for one reason or another. They're aware they're likely to be investigated, or maybe tracked, or stunned, or any combination of the above. It makes more sense for them to lay low than to run around killing people, right?

Five

Five

#Ex00003: \"Ninfia" wrote:I feel as if we can't really be certain of Aeiou's status. So, tbh, I'd also be willing to vote for Aeiou if only to ascertain the nature of the jail.
I'm curious what you think we'll ascertain about the jail if we lynch Kaeiou. A town jailer wouldn't know the alignment of their target, and a mafia jailer could target either team for different reasons, right?

Rasei

Rasei

I see... I guess I will give Five and Aeiou benefit of the doubt, and rng a starting vote....

*faceplams her face when she gets an 11 on her d20*
vote:rasei

Edit: This is my 1500 post. Thank you Ninfia for point it out.

Last edited by Cloverasei on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

#Ex55555 \"Phive" wrote:
#Ex00003: \"Ninfia" wrote:I feel as if we can't really be certain of Aeiou's status. So, tbh, I'd also be willing to vote for Aeiou if only to ascertain the nature of the jail.
I'm curious what you think we'll ascertain about the jail if we lynch Kaeiou. A town jailer wouldn't know the alignment of their target, and a mafia jailer could target either team for different reasons, right?

well, while this is of course, not concrete, mafia have jailed themselves on n0 to make themselves look less suspicious. I think the mafia would have reason to target a Town!Aeiou because that is a strategy Maf!Aeiou has been a part of in previous games.

Aeiou isn't necessarily a target I think a town jailer would think to go for first, unless they're going to protect from the nk and figured a less likely player to be protected might be a good target over a player like yourself or kiyoko. I think that if aeiou is town, its more likely to be a mafia jail being used as a frame for later phases and if aeiou is maf, I think... it could go either way but I'd still be more inclined to see it as a mafia jail.

that being said, I'm not super inclined to do that, it's more just that I'm not against it at this point in time. We don't have a lot to go on with this rollover and it would at least give us a clue.

I'll admit its not really the best logic and I wouldn't really push for it until the jailer has acted more than just once and we could discuss their actions.

my would vote list is pretty much

1) five, aeiou, on equal standing.
2) everyone else who is not me.

so it's not like I really have much to go on past my initial gut "hm"ings.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

plotstickers

plotstickers

Five is truly Phive.

Five

Five

Since people have been asking and I've little reason not to be open about this much, I also got something last night. Not an item of some kind, but nonetheless a "thing". Actually, it would be pretty cool if the person who gave me this thing could speak up, unless this thing is tied to another action, which could easily be the case. I'm going to wait a while before I talk more about the thing I got, though, because there are a great many players who have yet to speak up.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I suspect I know what that "thing" is, Phive.

Most people this phase, apparently:
Prototype Trials #Ex0039R16-CWLu17-0A1 [Mafia Wins] - Page 9 POOsjoj

Five

Five

Tiki The Test Tube wrote:I suspect I know what that "thing" is, Phive.
That's weird.

Do you have any comments on that "thing", then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum