Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the point of any of this? [Game End]

+15
Cure
deo
Cthulhuhoop
Aeiou
ezzelin
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
Five
high seraph
drandahl
Rasei
* Baccano Girl Jeanne *
Tiki The Troll
Ninfia
Luxaria
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 46]

Five

Five

I'm sorry, but the game will be ending here. I can't say I expected it to go any differently, being a vanilla game with several inactive players. It's been fun! I wish it could keep going with more games and quirks.

Ninfia, you are a very considerate host!!! Lucas, you are a precious cinnamon roll who can make even comic sans endearing.

Last edited by ☭ ƒ٧זΣ ☭ on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luxaria

Luxaria

The phase has ended.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

:)

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Luxaria

Luxaria

Since I missed so many days (apologies), I'm going to just leave this story segment blank today and do a broader wrapping up story in 24 hours around when I post a final star tally. I kind of didn't deliver on a few things I had planned, but, alas. I'm just glad others had fun with it. In other words...

"What's the point of any of this?" the girl will say.

One shape named Five has an answer. It's the best answer. It's the final answer. It's everyone's answer.

She says,

Spoiler:

Everyone stares. No one knows what to say. The shape named Five frowns. The girl frowns. Everyone's frowning. Five shakes her shape. Instead...

She says,

"The point is that each person must create their own life's meaning for themselves."

An End

Day Four has ended.
Five has decided to become a jigsaw puzzle piece. She was town.
The ratio is 4T:4M.
The Mafia win.
The game has ended.

Player answers will be posted soon, as well as the rough effects I had planned for them.

The star tally for successfully completing the special effects will be fully calculated and posted tomorrow.

I hope players enjoyed it, despite some inactivity and all else. The game was meant to be a bit silly and all over the place, and I hope it delivered to that end, even if I failed to deliver in some regards.

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria ~ <3 wrote:

Rules
Mafia has to exceed town to win.

drandahl

drandahl

Damn, too slow.

Aeiou

Aeiou

It'd be a night phase though and they'd lunch a town and it'd be over then anyway, it'd just delay the inevitable.

Also wtf is that smile Ninfia, we're you mafia????? I'm going to be SO MAD

Entelechy

Entelechy

Ninfia was mafia : )

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Clever, though. XD

Edit: And yeah, once I looked at the thread after I had gotten voted out (again, never looked at the thread during Easter Day), soon as I saw Ninfia's post, "Well, she's Maf."
XD

Five

Five

Luxaria ~ <3 wrote:It's the best answer.
You're goddamn right, it is.

Truthfully, I'd given up a while ago. There's just no way for town to win a vanilla game with as much inactivity as we had. Oh well! It was fun while it lasted and now I can be done being a baby chinchilla and bring back Minerva. How I missed you.

drandahl

drandahl

Thanks for hosting, Lux.

Great job not being dead, Mafia.

deo

deo

oml i totally knew mitsu was maf again after she starting piggy-backing on cure and IT FOLLOWED MY THERE"S ONE MAF SUPER ACTIVE!!! but i knew nobody would follow a lynch after i acted super duper dumb before and she wasn't fos'd by anyone up to that point lmfao

i'm really sorry i couldn't be around for this rollover though because i would've brought it up but i was already running out of time when i made my post /_\ gomen

gg maf and thanks for hosting lux!!! it was super fun and funny

i'm totally keeping tyrogue my avatar now, sorry elpis

drandahl

drandahl

It's okay, Deo. We'll try again next time.

I'm guilty of being a little inactive as well. This game was pretty fun and low-stress at least!

ezzelin

ezzelin

t--that answer

INTEGER-KUN

I

I don't even want to imagine what kind of "special" that would trigger.

but anyway - thank you for hosting this game, lux-hosr!! it's been a lot of fun, and please don't be too hard on yourself for not finishing up rollovers and whatnot. I think despite anything else, it turned out pretty well and entertaining - at least from a dead man's point of view.

I had a lot of fun being dead /o/ decided that my new mission was to play and make people play along, so that was pretty fun. the games and the quirks were amusing, even if the quirks made everything a bit hard to follow at times. (I'm just glad I didn't have to spec like that, hahah.)

also big claps to mafia for leading town around and making us/them hit themselves in conclusion!
can't really do any "I knew it!" cause I've been intentionally skipping spec posts so I wouldn't get frustrated for not being able to spec though I did have my random hunches about some. well done guys, that was a well deserved victory.

Luxaria

Luxaria

What's the point of any of this? [Game End] - Page 45 MIgTnSU

A shape named Tiki the Troll says, "To spread love and understanding!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Rasei says, "To live, pay taxes, and then die!"

Spoiler:

A shape named drandahl says, "To understand all things and to bring the world under my control!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Ninfia says, "That there isn't a point--life is about finding happiness in the waves we ride as we live it, not about finding a point!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Jeanne11 says, "To have fun and make friends!"

Spoiler:

A shape named high seraph says, "TO KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE, I GUESS!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Mr. Alice says, "Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne! kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Sammiya says, "To live life to the fullest and have as much fun as you possibly can!"

Spoiler:

A shape named ezzelin says, "To be able to pretend there are things you can do instead of facing the myriad of things around you that you can't! (Also, forty-two.)"

Spoiler:

A shape named deo says, "To fulfill our life-long dream of becoming a real-life anime!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Cure says, "TO FUCK SHIT UP!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Aeiou says, "To be a dinosaur, obviously!"

Spoiler:

A shape named angelstar says, "To have all the delicious food and cute animals![/b]"

Spoiler:

A shape named Avian says, "To hope that they'll give you their time!"

Spoiler:

A shape named Five says, "The point is that each person must create their own life's meaning for themselves."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A shape named Entelechy says, "To be excellent to each other and diminish suffering in the world."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A shape named Cthuluhoop says, "To find out if it is possible to cry underwater!"

Spoiler:

Intention

For some of these I had rough ideas of what I wanted to do, while others were more clear. Some would pulse across phases. Some would remain persistent effects, while others would be a one-off deal. I tried to vary the type of things modified to avoid too much double-up, but still have enough repeats that the same general funkiness would happen no matter what. I left it a bit open-ended so that way I could live-balance it, as in as effects rolled in I had several options in terms of what effects made the most sense given the others in play, so as to not make it too unfun. The taxes and nickname swaps were the main offenders, but they were intended to be a little annoying so I was okay with that. I also wanted to start the special effects off with a bang when there was only one. I tried to tone down on the effects over time to avoid overload.

The game was all vanilla to avoid situations in which I had no answer at rollover, plus to keep the game going by relatively quickly. I wanted it to last 1 - 2 weeks tops so that way players would not get too fatigued. The game was meant to just be totally silly and feel like an arts and crafts project. I had a list of all the things I'd modify, and the above effects cover the vast majority, plus what you saw in-game.

I decided not to restrict dead players from posting so they wouldn't miss out, as long as they didn't speculate, and I also did not really intend to hound players for being inactive since the game wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

So in this regard, I came close to only making 3 mafia since I anticipated town would be a bit distracted by other things. But I didn't want to make mafia too few in case they just got blown out. Either way, I hope neither side was frustrated or didn't enjoy the silly aspects of the game. It was basically a community exercise in the shell of a mafia game, and I think it did well.

I thank you all for playing and I truly hope you had a good time with it.

I failed to deliver on a few promises due to other reasons, but regardless of that, I will be doing a finalized tally of stars by tomorrow evening. In the meanwhile, bonus points if you feel like indulging in any of the effects listed above that went unseen or unused.

The story will conclude such that it covers some of the missed days and shows you where I wanted to take the flavor with this game.

It's kind of cute, honestly. Basically, the thread asks, "What's the point of any of this?" And I hope the unsaid answer speaks of the friendliness of the community and why we play mafia.

The shapes are interesting.

Thanks for playing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum