Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Town Edition

+21
Aeiou
nautilus
angel★
Pan
T3tsuya
chinomi
deo
high seraph
Ardonye
drandahl
lulu
plotstickers
eleni
Sammiya
Mr. Gerbear
Rasei
Entelechy
Five
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Cure
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 34]

361Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

362Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Ie6MZja

EPILOGUE

SHE’S GOTTEN USED to the sight of him leaning against shelving and combing through old books. The posture has become just another facet of him, like sarcasm and dark hair. She forgets, or perhaps it never crossed her mind, that there may have been a reason for it in the first place.

From the next aisle over, she hears a loud, “God damn it,” followed by the muted slap of paper striking the wooden floor. Always ready to tease the religious studies major for taking the Lord’s name in vain, she peeks her head around the bookshelf.

He’s standing there glaring at a volume on the ground like he just caught it in a three-way with his girlfriend and his mother. It takes him a second to register her presence, but when he does, the stormclouds fizzle into a sheepish smile. “Hi. Yeah. Sorry. I dropped a book.”

It’s closer to her shoes than it is to his, so she picks it up. Catches a glimpse of the title and author. Some things click. Not everything. She waves the book in one hand. “This what you’ve been looking for all this time?”

He gets that same deer in the headlights look as on that day of their first conversation. This time, though, he sighs and holds his hand out to reclaim the book. “Yeah. That’s mine.”

In platforms, she’s taller than him, and she takes advantage of every inch. She dangles the book high over her head, keeping it out of his reach. “I’ll give it back, just tell me what the deal is with this book anyway.”

He frowns, in the way that communicates that he’ll tell her the answer, just not with the first words that come to mind. He looks at her. Looks at the book. Looks down. “Keepsake from my grandfather. He owned the store before you. He uh, apparently, or so his will said, has some wealth set aside. And sent me on a fucking treasure hunt to figure out how to access it.”

“So this is one of the clues,” she surmises.

“It’s the answer, actually. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.” He looks a lot grumpier than someone who’d just found his allegorical pot of gold.

It’s a far-fetched but believable story. She didn’t know the old man very well, but people always called him something of an eccentric. Treasure hunt for an inheritance? Sure, why not.

Curiosity gets the better of her, and she lifts the cover and flips through the pages. Written on the back cover, in the familiar looped handwriting of her predecessor, the answer to her part-timer’s financial woes:

“There is more treasure in books than in
all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.”
—Walt Disney

She shuts the cover, hands the book back, and just about dies laughing.

Nobody successfully guessed the mystery book.
Its identity will remain undisclosed.

THE END

2M:9T:1N

363Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:44 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Tumblr_maesmbmekW1rt2432

Spoiler:

364Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 pm

high seraph

high seraph

WHO TEH FUCK LET AVIAN IN HERE

365Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

That video is amazing.

how come lucas gets all the cool things made after him

366Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Cure

Cure

that's not actually avian right

oh it's mitsu

Last edited by Cure on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

367Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Please provide a trigger warning. Some members of this forum, especially those made from dough and cinnamon and covered in icing, may experience anxiety and panic attacks over three-foot-tall blue Disney aliens and prosecutors in Homestuck cosplay who happen to be named after birds. Thank you for being sensitive to the psychological needs of others.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

368Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48 pm

nautilus

nautilus

high seraph wrote:WHO TEH FUCK LET AVIAN IN HERE

Who would even make biscuits out of felt?

Lucas: nice to see you again, too. Not my fault you couldn't read my role PM.

Last edited by Avian on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

369Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

S☆mmiya wrote:

I love you guys.

370Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

hasn't seen lilo and stitch, the little mermaid, or hercules

371Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 pm

high seraph

high seraph

WHAt iS GOING ON

WHY IS THERE AN EPILOGUE BEFORE THE END OF THE BOOK

WHY IS MITSU SUDDENLY AVIAN. WAS MITSU MAFIA ALL ALONG

(੭ ◕㉨◕)੭ =͟͟͞͞=͟͟͞͞三❆)’дº);,’:=͟͟͞͞

372Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

For posterity, since Avian spent the ending of the last lit maf in the hospital so this Avian probably won't last much longer either, here's a screencap for you future guys backreading.

Spoiler:

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

373Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 pm

high seraph

high seraph

was t3t mafia too i m gonna fuCKING---

374Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Rasei's quizz result:
Spoiler:

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

375Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:52 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Lucas, I'm going to spell it out.

Read my role PM again, but instead of the role being written from my perspective: I am the house.

Do you want me to explain my role PM to you? Because I can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum