Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 48 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 60]

526Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:45 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

I'm a cute dog!

Eta: pagetop puppy

527Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:49 am

alcasync

alcasync

Umm...! I was thinking about whether or not I should reveal this but I think I'm okay, because I've done almost everything I need to do while alive and I'm okay with being killed now if it happens.

When I investigated Angelstar, I also copied one use of her ability. I used it on Sammiya at the beginning of the last day phase, because Sammiya had been acting every night based on the flavor hints and wasn't open about her ability, I was pretty sure mafia had a roulette, and Sammiya's book fit really well with the theme of a roulette.

Judging from the timestamp, the kill came 30-40 hours after I sent it in, and it didn't backfire and kill me, so I'm guessing angelstar's ability worked as expected and someone else killed her (with her own role?). I'm wondering why people are insisting that plotstickers' intermission is fake. Even if plotstickers hasn't eaten 7 posts, isn't it entirely possible that other mafia players have the ability to protect her? ;v;

edit: Just a thought! Maybe plotstickers ate a mafia member's post, and they edited their post to hide it? Would that be possible?

vote: plotstickers

528Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:01 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

alcasync wrote: I'm wondering why people are insisting that plotstickers' intermission is fake. Even if plotstickers hasn't eaten 7 posts, isn't it entirely possible that other mafia players have the ability to protect her? ;v;

My logic is... why would you bother using a day vig and another way to keep her alive just to fake her ability? Assuming she hadn't eaten a 7th post somewhere in all of that? Double-this if you think Gerry is mafia and lying. That's a lot of eggs to put in one basket to prolong the death of someone that everyone wanted to lynch anyway.

The thought on edited posts is a good one, though. I'll browse the thread for edit marks, unless they snuck it in during a quiet period of the thread, but that'd require Kiyo being around to immediately edit it, and then they edit it back. Hmmm.

Also, good work on Sammiya ;w; I wonder if Angel used her kill at all and we'll see another death soon, since it's variable you said? I think it's too late at this point? I'm still curious why or how she died.

Vote: plotstickers again I guess. For the fourth time this game.

Wait, when plot flips mafia, and I already voted Sammiya... oh my god please I need the heart is pure trophy. I WANT TO FINALLY GET A TROPHY, PLEASE.

529Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:10 am

alcasync

alcasync

The ability I got said 24-72 hours, and angelstar died more than 72 hours ago, so I don't think there will be any intermission kills unless someone else is able to copy that ability.

That said, given that angelstar has a delayed kill and I just proved that it works the way it says it works with my kill, I think angel trying to kill plotstickers and mafia having a bunch of protects makes a lot more sense than mafia having a fake intermission ability? Especially since town seems to have a lot of protects too!

If I were mafia with a fake intermission, I would just fake-kill someone or make them reveal as the opposite alignment, rather than use it to make a fake bulletproof. The timing (three hours before rollover) is also kind of an odd time for a gambit, since it's not enough time for a lot of players to react before the end of the phase. ;v;

530Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:21 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

But why would angelstar die at such a different time from the kill attempt on plotstickers? And according to Gerry (again, if we're choosing to believe him) there was still no 7th eaten post. But I'm not done checking for edited posts just yet, so give me a moment. I'll also re-count eaten posts on the off-chance plot/maf waited for someone to count before doing it again? Idk.

Brb still digging.

531Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 am

alcasync

alcasync

They didn't?

Angelstar died only a few hours before plotstickers, I think? They died in the same phase, at least. Since there's a 24 hour minimum, that implies that angelstar initiated the friendship curse thing at least a full phase beforehand (not counting the skipped phase.)

If angelstar was killed with her own ability, that means that it could have been triggered anywhere between 24 and 72 hours before angelstar's death, or else someone had an instant-use gun and for whatever reason used it on angelstar.

I'm really confused why you're so confused on this point. ;v;

532Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

So I ruled out posts that were done by now confirmed town.

I ruled out posts that were edited within 4 - 10 minutes, but maybe that's bad form. I'm inclined to believe that mafia would not have hatched a plan to conceal an eaten post until a more recent day, given that most of this theorizing over the eaten post count came to light recently. Especially since early on they seemed to be using it to obscure long and lengthy posts.

There were a few by alcasync, Lucas, Ardonye, and drandahl that had several long-term edits, but they were compilation posts discussing hints and claims. Plus I figure the hosrs would not be okay with a post being eaten by them and then later replaced with something lengthy and/or full of meat. That seems counter-intuitive, given how much the hosrs focused on making the "h" word blue. That might have been just trolling on their behalf. I think mafia wouldn't edit out an eaten post without hosr consent, because hosrs might modkill or punish them for obfuscating information that's meant to be public. So if anything is awry, barring the hosrs not noticing (and maybe now they'd check? idk), the posts I'd single out are either empty or small ones.

These are all that stood out:

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193p375-literary-upick-chapter-13#16333

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193p225-literary-upick-chapter-13#16179

I remember seeing both around the time they came in, and I refresh the page frequently, so if they got eaten and re-edited it was fast and I missed it.

Uhhh. Going to go check the threads for eaten posts... again. Unrelated funfacts, Nye likes to edit in dog pictures, Lucas uses the edit more than anyone else, and Five managed to slip discredited into a post somewhere.

533Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:39 am

chinomi

chinomi

YOYOYOYOYOYOYO GOOD HIT ON THE BASKET OF FRUITS. who knew such a cute manga could be so evil......................

Zura wrote:If it fails, maybe we could lynch Chinomi or somebody else that scummy

Maybe we could lynch you, instead (♥ω♥ ) ~♪

[vagueposting]

Honestly, I'm starting to get really wary of people who are really willing to lynch me lately. Mostly because I actually think the mafia realize something through their collaborative efforts than the town does. Which is smart of the mafia to do.

[/vagueposting]

534Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

chinomi

chinomi

oh also vote: plot

535Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Well, the way I'm reading what you're saying is... if plot had some way to kill angel in retaliation:

1. Wouldn't it either activate when angel sends in the curse, or when plot receives the kill attempt? In this case angel died a few hours prior, whereas you're saying she would have had to send it in 24 hours before the attempt on plot, at least. Meaning angel would have either died on a different phase or right as plot received the kill attempt.

2. The other scenario would be angel cursed plot in advance and happened to eat a vigilante shot on the same phase. Which seems incredibly unlikely to me, but I guess it's possible.

idk maybe I'm just really stupid forget it I hate this game

536Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:42 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I doubt plot ate one of my messages, since I didn't send any messages to them. So you can rule that out.

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

537Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Ie6MZja

VOTES

RASEI vs. Plotstickers

MR. GERBEAR vs. Plotstickers

ARDONYE vs. Plotstickers

TIKI THE TROLL vs. Drandahl Plotstickers

FIVE vs. Plotstickers

HIGH SERAPH vs. Plotstickers Mr. Gerbear

DEO vs. Plotstickers

PLOTSTICKERS vs. No Lynch

ALCASYNC vs. Plotstickers

LUXARIA vs. Plotstickers

CHINOMI vs. Plotstickers
TOTALS

PLOTSTICKERS IX

MR. GERBEAR I

NO LYNCH I

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

538Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:47 am

alcasync

alcasync

Umm, no. My proposal is:

1A. Mafia gets angel's role somehow, use it on angelstar
2A. Completely independently, angelstar uses her ability on plotstickers
1B. 24-72 hours after 1A, angelstar dies
2B. 24-72 hours after 2A, plotstickers is hit with angelstar's shot but survives

I don't think angelstar died as a result of targeting plotstickers at all. ;v;

539Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I'm going to start compiling and updating an info dump post some time soon after I wake up, since I'm feeling better!!

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Dog-image

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

540Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 36 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:18 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, I can follow that a bit more and it might explain what we saw, though it still doesn't answer how plot didn't die. Unless mafia had another way to protect her, or Gerry was lying (or something was misleading) and she was already in a cocoon. But mafia also had no way of knowing which phase angel's shot would trigger on, and I can't imagine that they have a spammable daytime protect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 48 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum