Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 42 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 58]

376Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:30 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Umm. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but some of the letters in the day end rollover are colored gray!

There's a g and a b, I think?

377Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

well shizzly nuttlebottoms, you're right

but what does this mean e - e

378Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:50 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. G  B
      e  e
      r  a
         r

379Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

oH SHIIIIIIIIT

ILLUMINATI CONFIIIIRMED

i knew there could only be one

380Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm

high seraph

high seraph

so, guys, the intermission changed again. I'm putting it under a spoiler here for posterity.

INTERMISSION, as of N1:

edit: here's the Intermission as it looked like on D1

A-Apparently this is going to be a phasely thing. I've been partly expecting that because, from the moment the game started and that intermission was published, it felt... odd... that the hosrs would post dummy intermission text (they had, like, a whole thread in the WIP forum to do that, right?). For now, I'm ok with assuming that this is a town-aligned, even though my reasons are cheap. I DO have a few... ideas... of who might be behind them though... ?

@ alca, thank you for catching that omg... Given that last phase was a day phase, I believe the Intermission-editor was one of the few, if not the only role that would be allowed to act. This means that g and/or b may be hints to that role.

381Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Insert random picture of Zura here.
I have to watch my niece and nephews tonight. I brought my tablet but I'm never sure how well that will work.

382Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

i'm 1000% sure the original word was p*nis

383Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Also I feel like the intermission's lines are familiar, through I don't know from where. I'm pretty surish I know some people's books, through I don't know if that helps a lot.

384Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:07 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Hey. Sorry for my vacancy in the past 24ish hours. I'm pretty swamped at work irl, and won't be able to contribute much today. I'll try to gather as much as I can to contribute during voting next phase, though I'll likely only be able to pop in around the morning, at noon (PST), and possibly the couple of hours before rollover.

And then I have weekend, and will be less busy w.r.t. work.

385Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:08 pm

high seraph

high seraph

very perceptive blaire!!!

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 443522_stock-photo-applause

386Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

thanks i've been told i have a knack for sensing burned body parts literal or otherwise u v u

387Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I nodded at T3tsuya. "Yes. That was my initial thought there, too. Though why someone would be hinted at for a time when no apparent actions too place is the true mystery. If we're looking at this the right way at all, of course." I gave him my best smile. "Good work," I said, even as I knew that, of anyone here, I would have to watch my back around him the most.1

1. The antagonistic relationship between T3tsuya and Tiki The Troll is a well documented feud. For further information on the subject, please refer to Roles From a Hat, The Masquerade, Welcome to the B&B (my personal favorite, one where they were both actually Mafia, and the one where the both failed the most spectacularly), and Gakuen Mafia (which documents them both failing on the same side, just as dramatically as in B&B, but not half as amusing).

388Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

5 stars 10/10 would experience again

389Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm unoccupied and caught up. Guess I'll offer some input.

Since it's a recent development, the ever-changing intermission that Lucas has re-posted is intriguing... I wonder if it's meant to be treated like a sort of glossary, index, or passage in a book, and it keeps getting modified throughout the game as the player in question interacts with their role. Obviously, it is changing... but what I mean is that this suggests to me that one of the selections might fit the keyword of "time" from the list of grey keywords included earlier in the game. Maybe we have a sort of... time traveler, so to speak?

I'm actually not too, too worried about the random gibberish action in the N0->D1 rollover. Reason being that I believe if some town had their action obscured, barring it being potentially detrimental to do so, they'd probably comment on it. If not them, then if this continues to occur town's bound to clue-in on the nature of the gibberish eventually. So to this end, I'm just not going to think about it until we have more examples of it.

The other reason I'm not too worried is that if it were a mafia action, I think it benefits mafia more to just not make the action appear at all. Town at least knows something happened, now, even if we don't know what that something might have been.

The edge cases might be if it were an otherwise hidden action--like a protect--and mafia intercepted it, turned it into gibberish, and the sender has no way of knowing it was their action. Regardless, time will probably reveal more. It's also been hinted by the host that we have some information gathering roles which are counter-balanced by the misleading and otherwise obfuscated results and rollovers. Could this be counter-balance as in mafia having access to tools, or the game being structured as such? I'm leaning towards the latter, given the very flavor and nature of how the rollover has been structured. I'm not hedging any bets on this theory.

One point against Lucas' theory of it being his Monkey Paw* role or similar, however, is that if we follow the claim of eleni redirecting a kill from Tet onto herself last night... that seems like an action mafia would be more inclined to prevent, modify, and/or obscure.

I'm intrigued by various other statements, particularly Tet's with regards to needing to write a story and the implications of the role acting on him, and also eleni's apparent role. I wouldn't mind more information on the latter so we can be 100% clear on what happened N0 for the sake of reads, but I stick to my previous statement in that I believe the likelihood of Tet being the initial target, and I also don't want eleni to speak up if it would help the mafia counteract her ability. There may have been other role-related claims and suggestions, but tbh I'd need to re-read a bit to double-check.

I guess I'll also mention I don't find the number of stuns or jails unusual. I actually find it unusual when there aren't so many in such a large game. I tend to prefer lots of disrupting actions on both sides since it makes the game a lot more fun and exciting.

tl;dr:
I don't think the gibberish was mafia deleting, modifying, or otherwise erasing actions from the rollover. I'm intrigued by the nature of various claims, but do not want to arm mafia with information, so to that end I will operate under the belief that Tet was actually the N0 NK target.

* I actually knew of your Monkey Paw role, Lucas, because uh... I stole it from you with my role as town because I didn't believe your claim, and the theft killed you, I think. It was a pretty cool role.

390Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 26 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Cure

Cure

reminds everyone that rollover is in three hours and to get your actions in if you have not already done so

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 42 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum