Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10]

+23
ezzelin
drandahl
lulu
Doak
Aeiou
minji
Mr. Gerbear
plotstickers
Sammiya
piplups
chinomi
T3tsuya
Tiki The Troll
Cure
Rasei
deo
high seraph
alcasync
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 58]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

lindahl wrote:I'm confused about something here. There are usually more voices hammering on me D1.

Usually, some of those voices are mafia trying to cash in on the fact that some town is already dissecting one of your posts for being scummy, so I'm not sure how this statement is at all in your favor.

On the subject of people not "hammering on you," it's actually kind of uncharacteristic for Raie to be defending you because I feel like if Raie were town and didn't know your alignment she straight up wouldn't care if you got mislynched.

So hey that's a thing too.

lindahl wrote:I don't know what specific meta is bothering you, so I'll describe that day.

It's not really the time of day of your posts so much as it is the way you're responding to posts that makes me feel like you're checking yourself before responding. When you're town trying to defend yourself you end up with GOD THIS IS GOING TO SOUND FUCKING STUPID but you have looser sentence structures and often end up phrasing things in a weirder and more disorganized way than you are currently doing.

I'm not going to touch on anything from N0 or before because like I said, it's nothing beyond just ~vibes~ that got me to start paying attention in the first place and the bulk of my actual suspicion is in any posts after that initial vote.

lindahl wrote:You claim you're fulfilling some kind of personal goal of keeping lynch on me, but I don't honestly think you in particular would do that as town.

Are you fucking kidding me? Were you not paying attention at how utterly pissed off I was after, specifically, Snowball Bash and Animal Mouthteeth when mafia won despite my identifying mafia on D1 and making posts about it and then having everyone except Mitsu outright ignore me, letting mafia slide by in D1 and resulting in a mafia victory? I promised, rather vocally, that I wouldn't let that happen again and that I was going to push a lynch in the next game I was town even if all I had to go on was weak suspicions based on behavior. So there we have it.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

1) Rasei being killed N0 is a bit weird. She's not a typical target for it, for whatever reason, and I'm confused as to why she was chosen this time around. Chi being targeted is also unusual, and I don't get why she was.

2) Starting off with a lynch probably is a good idea, but caution is best utilized.

3) It will be very beneficial to whomever I get into a relationship, but at a cost to myself. I won't go into more detail at the moment, but I am going to need to be very cautious on who I enter a relationship with.

4) I've been staring at the posts and trying to make sense of them but I'm feeling extremely confused right now and have no clue on who to trust.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Sammiya wrote:4) I've been staring at the posts and trying to make sense of them but I'm feeling extremely confused right now and have no clue on who to trust.

Need any clarification on my own claims?

nautilus

nautilus

na☆til☆s-sensei wrote:票数 Vote Tally

drandahl (lindahl) III
plotstickers I
high seraph I
no lynch I

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q Kiyoko vs drandahl
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q lulu vs high seraph
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q high seraph vs drandahl
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q Luxaria vs plotstickers
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q ezzelin vs drandahl
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q angelstar vs no lynch
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 XHMJc5Q Taki the Tender vs no vote

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:
lindahl wrote:I'm confused about something here. There are usually more voices hammering on me D1.

Usually, some of those voices are mafia trying to cash in on the fact that some town is already dissecting one of your posts for being scummy, so I'm not sure how this statement is at all in your favor.

Hmm, wasn't trying say something in my favor, but was trying to bring something to town attention. But your explanation does make sense.. I guess I'm somewhat biased for the recent cases where this has happened, but thinking this through, maybe the usually vocal players aren't mafia, or maybe they are more conservative due to this being a bigger game? Though that wasn't a problem in the previous Gakuen..

Kiyoko wrote:
On the subject of people not "hammering on you," it's actually kind of uncharacteristic for Raie to be defending you because I feel like if Raie were town and didn't know your alignment she straight up wouldn't care if you got mislynched.

So hey that's a thing too.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to interpret this so far, but it has been bugging me. I'll need to think about it more, and do some re-reading.

Kiyoko wrote:
lindahl wrote:I don't know what specific meta is bothering you, so I'll describe that day.

It's not really the time of day of your posts so much as it is the way you're responding to posts that makes me feel like you're checking yourself before responding. When you're town trying to defend yourself you end up with GOD THIS IS GOING TO SOUND FUCKING STUPID but you have looser sentence structures and often end up phrasing things in a weirder and more disorganized way than you are currently doing.

I'm not going to touch on anything from N0 or before because like I said, it's nothing beyond just ~vibes~ that got me to start paying attention in the first place and the bulk of my actual suspicion is in any posts after that initial vote.

I'm also trying (and failing) to spec in a character I haven't really fleshed out a personality for yet. Every dream pun I've been meaning to put in I've scrapped. But also, this feels really noisy to predict mafia on, considering I've only posted a couple of things while at work.

Kiyoko wrote:
lindahl wrote:You claim you're fulfilling some kind of personal goal of keeping lynch on me, but I don't honestly think you in particular would do that as town.

Are you fucking kidding me? Were you not paying attention at how utterly pissed off I was after, specifically, Snowball Bash and Animal Mouthteeth when mafia won despite my identifying mafia on D1 and making posts about it and then having everyone except Mitsu outright ignore me, letting mafia slide by in D1 and resulting in a mafia victory? I promised, rather vocally, that I wouldn't let that happen again and that I was going to push a lynch in the next game I was town even if all I had to go on was weak suspicions based on behavior. So there we have it.

Re: Ninfia in Snowball. It's not that I ignored you, but I didn't think that reasoning was sound enough to make lynch decisions on. You wound up being right, but I still think your methodology was dangerous.

nautilus

nautilus

Okay, so I'm going to sleep now: heads up that tomorrow's rollover might be delayed because I have another important thing to do tomorrow. Confession time should be still right on time.

If people are fine with it I can text Ninfia the rollover contents for her to post because I make no guarantees on when I'll be back, but this week has been a clusterfuck so far for me and it's only Tuesday.

For what it's worth: knowing what my plans are for the coming days, Thursday will also likely not have a rollover time that's at 12pm, but I'm really playing it by ear at this point.

Last edited by na☆til☆s-sensei on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

drandahl

drandahl

Anyway, heading home, grabbing food, and jumping back into the fray. Maybe I'll go back and color my text blue. Maybe I'll just write a script to salt-and-pepper blue it for me for fun effect.

Thanks, na☆til☆s-sensei. Hold strong! Here's another star for you, for all your hard work: ☆

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

lindahl wrote:You wound up being right

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:
ಠ_ಠ
Kiyoko wrote:
ಠ_ಠ
Kiyoko wrote:
ಠ_ಠ
Kiyoko wrote:
ಠ_ಠ
Kiyoko wrote:
ಠ_ಠ

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 22 OkPNq0C

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Closing notes though because I'm heading to bed soon to try to sleep off whatever I've got.

If I end up being wrong, I sincerely apologize, and if I am wrong then I basically will stop trying to be so aggressive in thread in general. But me this phase stems from a few straight weeks of feeling like my greatest shortcoming as town is that I don't follow through on my D1 intuitions (which in the short games we've been having on this forum can make or break a game), so I'm going to follow though on this one. That's all I've got going on here and that's straight where I'm coming from and if nobody else in thread wants to touch this lynch with a ten foot pole, I don't blame anyone.

For what it's worth, though, back on vdex and here on crywolf, we talked about "Clover's intuition" or "alca's intuition" as if we were joking, but they were straight up right about their guesses enough times that people were occasionally willng to trust their gut feelings on nothing but gut feelings, and I guess this is the same kind of situation. And maybe I should do what alca does and make cryptic statements about how "my notes say that drandahl is maf" but we all know that I'm not actually taking notes and that alca never took notes either.

But it's not my goal to derail thread and I don't want this phase to turn into nothing but me vs. you with people standing awkwardly on the side so here's a tl;dr of thread to everyone who got overwhelmed and may have missed information.

• Tiki/Taki claimed neutral.
  • Kiyoko allegedly can't send confessions (at least to alca) and claimed a relationship ability that is only active while not in a relationship
  • Kotakia and Tet/Cur3 could not have sent in the night kill
  • There's a newspaper article in rollover that is quite possibly player-written, and people have speculated this is Gerry
  • There were two kills in rollover and the top theories are that they are both mafia-originating, or one of them was a compulsive/passive/retaliatory town ability
  • Blaire/Mr. Alice claimed an ability that deals with ghosts
  • Pocha/piplups claimed that nobody targeted her on N0
  • Tiki/Taki claims: "Whoever I am in a relationship with can get a boost and use their ability twice in a night. However, not all abilities are eligible for this boost.
    Taki wants to spread the love. Because friendship is magic. Much like Kotakia last game, she'll be making the rounds."
  • According to Sammie: "It will be very beneficial to whomever I get into a relationship, but at a cost to myself."
  • Kiyoko possibly received a confession or two on N0
  • Lulu was in a relationship with chinomi but is now available due to chinomi's untimely detention
  • Someone confessed to Doak, who either did not accept or has not yet accepted
  • Cure and Tet/Cur3 claim to be "too cool to date any of you, so don't even think about asking us" though that may just be rp flavor
  • Kotakia is single as of the beginning of D1
  • Someone asked Lucas out but he turned them down

If I missed anything, feel free to add to the list yourself. I'm out for the night.

Edit to add commentary: If Tiki's claims are true then he ended up with basically the exact same relationship ability as last game. Huh.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm... The people I was waiting on have posted. There were a few comments in the last handful of posts I'll probably get back to, but given the atmosphere of the thread, I want to weigh in on the drandahl meta-read situation like I said I would.

First off, talk about déjà vu. I swear we end up at this point every D1.

So here's the short version: I almost feel responsible for drandahl's posts this phase, and thus I'm having trouble being objective.

I just hosted Snowball Bash Mafia and got to witness the usual drandahl D1 extravaganza as an impartial spectator. After that, I had a long chat with drandahl in private in which I told him he needs to start communicating more often--just posting and contributing in general--so that he breaks this mold he's built for himself of being scummy if he posts, and scummy if he doesn't. I also told him it's going to suck because people will find it out of character, but his situation won't change without weathering the storm for a few games. (And I apologize for not being discrete, by the way, but it feels relevant.)

Anyway, I don't know him well enough to recognize changes in his posting habits. I do feel some comments are off and/or overly defensive, which is almost par the course at this point considering I've historically D1 lynched him many games. And he's maintaining an appearance, which he typically only does as mafia. But I'm going to feel like an asshole if just the other week I gave him this long inspirational speech about posting more often on D1... and then I reward him by voting him off right away in his next game.

So, there's that.

This said, I do very much want a lynch because after several recent games (Kiyo knows which ones), I don't want to see D1s end in NL again. So if that lynch is drandahl, I am fine with it, and we're kind of half-way through the phase without any other real options. I'm disinclined to immediately vote on him because that starts a bandwagon--which I dislike--and for the other reasons mentioned above. Plotstickers kind of replied, ish, so I don't know if my activity vote on her is still worth all that much.

I'll review the posts I glossed over before possibly moving my vote.

@ Kiyoko:

You're very confident in this read? I always have trouble following any strong convictions on people I haven't vetted beyond all doubt because I am cautious as hell, but I do realize you'd have no reason to push this lynch as a Maf->Town so strongly.

Edit: Kiyo posted while I finished this up. Reading.

Cure

Cure

For what it's worth kiyo, my hesitation is more about you than your target (like, if you were pushing a lynch on, for example, ninfia or alca for the same reasons I would be wary as well).

Just beause if you're going to do a ploy, you're most likely going to do it D1 (also we did a ploy on N0/D1 in the last gakuen mafia). 

My initial main hesitation was because you said meta reasons and I immediately (erroniously) jumped to the conclusion that it was because you're good irl friends with drandahl. 

I'm not quite caught up with the thread let me finish backreading (i'm also at a friends house now and have work in the morning, so I'll try to make a post/vote at some point before I go to bed because I definitely won't be able to before rollover)

is ninjad by a million more words to read thanks

Cure

Cure

also skimmed kiyo's new post and adding a quick note before i thoroughly read everything. Tet and I have a sibling thing ala sammie/rasei last game, and we're literally too cool to accept confessions. we cannot be confessed to. I am literally in the opposite scenario of last game where i couldn't confess.

apologies to my brother if he didn't want anyone to know how close we are UvU

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Kiyoko wrote:

• Someone asked Lucas out but he turned them down

If I missed anything, feel free to add to the list yourself. I'm out for the night.

Edit to add commentary: If Tiki's claims are true then he ended up with basically the exact same relationship ability as last game. Huh.

Oh, whoops, I forgot to reiterate outside of the RP that I/Taki was the one Lucas turned down.

Also, your edit...how did I not notice that? XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum