Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN]

+9
Sammiya
Rasei
T3tsuya
high seraph
Cure
Luxaria
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 30]

331Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:23 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

why this happen :')

Also hi I bussed me n Lux so we could sit together n chat and I could ruffle kerfluffle her hair the entire way.

332Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 RCvPBEt
TWITCH PLAYS
MAFIA

drandahl

T3tsuya
drandahl

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

333Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:26 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria wrote:drandahl voted for himself, but early in the phase claimed he saw T3tsuya, Mr. Alice, and Lux as town. During the phase, Blaire then became his number one target and I believe he wanted to vote for her, presumably due to her posting mostly fluffy burgerville / hair brushing stuff. More specifically, he later said he found Blaire the most scummy after last phase. But previously regarding the last phase, he directly said he found her antics as "town behavior" and that a potentially de-scumming plan like such would be too risky as mafia. However, if Blaire was lynched and flipped town, he'd go after Lucas instead; but if high seraph flipped town from a lynch, he'd dig into Blaire and Tiki (and I'm not sure where that leaves him right now since he didn't cover Lucas being mafia).

Was actually going to respond to this next anyway.

At first I had very mixed feelings for Blaire's suggestion of self-vote. When I was forming my original spec post, I hovered on her name a while. More than anything, I decided in the beginning to consider her town moving forward because I thought that it would have been an overly risky move as a maf. I did still have my suspicions though, and as I pressed her a bit and watched her other interactions in-thread, I decided that it was odd enough for town to move straight from skimming over her explanation of her cure vote to requesting a vote on her "in the name of more discussion" one hour away from phase-end. Her responses, including her playful suggestion for a three-way tie last round and her reaction to this last rollover all seem Blaire-ish to me for sure, but they more specifically seem maf Blaire-ish (or a Blaire pushing to do her best as Mafia).

Also I hadn't considered it until later that the descumming gamble wouldn't be as risky if there was at least one maf who had not yet voted.

Sorry. Long and short of it.. I changed my mind as I thought about it more and as I saw Blaire react to being probed.

334Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Thank you for saying that I would be trying to do my best as Mafia, that means a lot (even though I'm not maf this time). ; ; Being Mafia was so stressful that one time even if it was for a short duration man I get the shakes every time I think about that.

Though I'm a little confused now...do you still think I'm Mafia or no? ; A ; I'm not asking this for any ulterior motives, I just got a little (very) confused after reading Lux's posts about you and then your post on...you. A yes/no answer would be fine! I probably won't be defending myself any better than I already have at this rate so.

leans on a table making sense of things is hard

335Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:57 pm

drandahl

drandahl

@Blaire: Yes... I do still suspect you. You are pretty high up on my list. I was also thrown off by you saying Lucas was on your suspect list, but in the end you voted Sammiya:

Mr. Alice wrote:Alright w/e, I'm just gonna Vote: Sammiya. It was either her or Lucas, so I'm just gonna go with her, because I feel like it'd look like I bandwagon'd on the Lucas vote if I did that.

(You are so, SO close, buddy. ; w ; You can do this!)

Tbh I feel like people are starting to play around you and Tiki these days... I'd rather put in the effort now to actually consider you both, especially if you wind up on the same maf team in future games. I just can't let your cute charm and Tiki's trollery affect my reasoning as much as it is. Not that Tiki is top of my suspect list right now. I still think Sammiya has been pretty quiet... would like to hear more from her, so right now it's Blaire, Sammiya, Tiki, Fia, Tet, Lux as my suspect list in decreasing order of concern.

Still working on my continued response to Lux.

336Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:06 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

((Not commenting on your posts just yet, since I think you're still replying, but... knowing your luck, it'd be hilarious if Kiyoko counted that vote in quotations.))

337Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:07 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Ok thanks!

And yeah, I was a pretty concerned (as much as I would be considering it's...me...) about people seeing a Lucas vote as a bandwagon vote, especially if he flipped Town (which yay he didn't!). If it helps (and I'm not sure it will, sorry) I was still planning on voting for Sammi until well, rollover results happened, which....hgngnhgn......complicates....things....

Though yeah, I think hearing more from Sammi might really help! (Hope your test went well, btw!)

hHAHAHA wh at cute c harm....i'm pretty much just a mess....i'm like....a softcore tiki......only less trolling and more.....whatever t his is.....

338Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Luxaria wrote:((Not commenting on your posts just yet, since I think you're still replying, but... knowing your luck, it'd be hilarious if Kiyoko counted that vote in quotations.))

hAH WOW THAT WOULD BE SAD AND HILARIOUS AT THE SAME TIME EDIT EDIT EDIT

339Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:10 am

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria wrote:((Not commenting on your posts just yet, since I think you're still replying, but... knowing your luck, it'd be hilarious if Kiyoko counted that vote in quotations.))

http://codepen.io/drjackson/live/231d13be7381deb0fadf359c29cce25e

Last edited by drandahl on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:19 am; edited 3 times in total

340Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:16 am

drandahl

drandahl

Mr. Alice wrote:why this happen :')

Also hi I bussed me n Lux so we could sit together n chat and I could ruffle kerfluffle her hair the entire way.

Sorry, while I'm thinking, can you give me more info than this? Even if it's just "I voted this way because I thought thematically it was entertaining." ?

341Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

drandahl wrote:
Mr. Alice wrote:why this happen :')

Sorry, while I'm thinking, can you give me more info than this? Even if it's just "I voted this way because I thought thematically it was entertaining." ?

....I really kind of wish it wasn't exactly that, but

It's actually really exactly that.

Every action I've input so far was because it was thematically entertaining to me.

342Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:39 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Responding to one thing that stood out to me while I wait on more posts from you:

drandahl wrote:At first I had very mixed feelings for Blaire's suggestion of self-vote. When I was forming my original spec post, I hovered on her name a while. More than anything, I decided in the beginning to consider her town moving forward because I thought that it would have been an overly risky move as a maf. I did still have my suspicions though

Going from viewing her in a back-and-forth fashion and having doubts about her, and then specifically labeling her as "town-leaning", yet meanwhile you placed Ninfia and high seraph under "not sure" despite not really having any reasons or doubts against them--I guess it seems a bit strange to me, especially since your opinion of Blaire was the definition of "not sure".

One other thing to answer/consider: In addition to the previous questions, in a situation like this where mafia is trying to frame, and they don't even know who they will "frame"... doesn't the framing kind of lose value when the potential targets are going to just flip as town, and mafia then can only win by D5 start at the earliest, presuming they do not miss another NK and they get another mislynch? It's not like the target they frame is going to be milled or tailored. So this is another way of asking: What is mafia's objective?

Sorry if I'm kind of pushing all of these questions on you, but obviously I want to hear your stances since you're the one in this predicament. That said, if anyone has any input, the more the merrier!

Also, more role claims would be helpful, though admittedly I haven't kept tally of the ones we've had so far, so there may be more than I think. I'll go check.

Mr. Alice wrote:Every action I've input so far was because it was thematically entertaining to me.

I remember the wisdom behind your swaps in the Masquerade.

For the record, my method of playing around Blaire and Tiki, as it were, is more that I just anticipate I cannot anticipate them, and so I sort of let them do their thing and try to piece the puzzle around them, rather than piecing together my perception of them.

343Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:16 am

drandahl

drandahl

Shoot. I edited a previous post by mistake. Trying to see if I can recover...

Whew, just edited my response to your joke. Fixing now.... fixed.

Last edited by drandahl on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

344Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:18 am

drandahl

drandahl

Snaked by Lux. Will respond to her most current post soon.

Luxaria wrote:What are your thoughts on the result of Lucas flipping mafia, and, thus, how it pertains to other reads you provided during D2?

Still thinking about this. I've been pretty afk today, and went to bed early (relatively) last night after getting home from my walk. My high-level thoughts: This makes me worried about Blaire and Tiki due to their voting and their reactions to voting, and makes me trust you much more due to your vote being the final one (and I also actually thought you and Tiki were going to double-up on votes based on the discussion, so your vote on Lucas seemed exceptionally intentional to me, even if that's not the case). However I want to flesh things out more because I'm honestly still in consideration.

Luxaria wrote:
Regarding framing, what does mafia gain out of running a framing tactic? And what would be the merits of running this tactic on you (if we entertain the idea that both mafia put in a stun on you; it might have been a town stun, and I also would like for anyone to claim it if they did it), when you were already viewed as scummy to begin with by several people, two of which you are proclaiming to be town? If T3t and I are likely town to you, and as you say the other players contain the mafia and are running a framing tactic, then what is their goal framing someone?

Ugh... it feels a little wild. Trying to step through this by tracking best-cases for both with and without the frame:

I mean, considering the less frivolous "just plain night-kill them" approach, mafia's best-case scenario would be:
N2: A successful kill. That would bring D3 tallies to 4-2. This seems completely plausible.
D3: A successful mislynch. That would bring N3 tallies to 3-2. This seems trivial to do if mafia are lux and/or t3t (and/or possibly ninfia)*. This seems a little more difficult but not impossible if mafia is two of drandahl, blaire, sammiya, tiki.
N4: A successful kill. That would bring D4 tallies to 2-2. This is at least equal chance of win territory, since mafia can default to tie vote. I'll stop here and consider this their best-case "win" scenario.

So a bunch of independent steps, with a single failure either ending the game or making it extremely difficult... but each step seems sort of alright to me.

Considering the best-case scenario for the "frame" strategy:
N2: No kill. Devote actions to frame. Not sure about how likely this is to succeed to be honest.... I guess worst-case, town owns stun and happens to pick mafia targets, or town owns bus and redirects stun onto mafia. Both seem likely enough to happen that this seems pretty risky. But operating on assumption of success here...
D3: Push for mislynch. That would bring N4 tallies to 4-2. Easy now, depending on actual frame target? Maybe frame was used to make it easier to mislynch a "power player" **? Actually, I'll run with that, since that would lead to easier work farther into the game...
N4: NK. That would bring D5 tallies to 3-2. As easy as it's ever going to be.
D5: Push for mislynch. That would bring N6 tallies to 2-2. If power player was mislynched D3, can push on scummy town this round. So... moderate difficulty?
N6: NK. 1-2, game won. NK is as easy as it's ever going to be.

*This is actually why I trust the players "not under fire" a little more right now. As it stands, I don't see framing as as worthy a tactic if non-scummy players are actually mafia.

**This didn't happen... I was stunned. Tbh, I feel like I'm already semi-easy to push a lynch on. So I assume the target of the stun was someone else. Potentially Ninfia, as she's bussed herself and me. However, PLEASE I'd like to hear bus and stun actions from people.

On this note, I protected Lux. She seemed most pro-town at that point considering her closing vote on Lucas, her push for discussion, and her reasonably consistent long posts. Though at the time of my choosing that, I didn't have much time to consider, and if I had, I probably would have acted differently -- since mafia was likely to rely on bus to some extent. Again in hindsight, mafia could always try to bus(tet, lux) and NK tet or lux... though that's enough hindsight re-thinking for me right now.

345Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 am

drandahl

drandahl

Sorry, tl;dr, I think either this was mafia wildcard™ -ish behavior, or mafia freaked out and thought things would be easier if they mislynched a power player for some reason. I don't think I was the target of the frame.

EDIT: *power player -> player with little scum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum