Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN]

+9
Sammiya
Rasei
T3tsuya
high seraph
Cure
Luxaria
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 30]

181Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

drandahl wrote:Tiki: As usual, I'm nervous to read Tiki. I'm especially nervous to put him in the lynch-candidate hot seat based on previous games. I'm not leaning town on him either though, so he's a big "?" for now as I collect my thoughts. Will backread his posts another time.

I love how this has (finally) settled in as my reputation in these games.

Well, that, and being a self-voting, lynchproof troll.

Pagetop edit:

♪Tis the season to be trolling, trollolololawl, lo, lo, lo, lawl!♪

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

182Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 RCvPBEt
TWITCH PLAYS
MAFIA

start9
drandahl

Sammiya
drandahl
start9
drandahl

Last edited by Kiyoko on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

183Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:19 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Time to fire up that grill.

I promise none of this is personal or anything dran buddy, but I kinda gotta tear apart some things that really bother me about your posts here.

drandahl wrote:Also Cure was pretty damned at that point... if I were mafia, I'd probably try to keep her alive a little longer. Which is why I'm slightly sideglancing everyone who took advantage of the Blaire vote, even if I keep them in the Not Sure bucket for now.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me at all.

Why on earth would anybody try to keep Cure alive longer as mafia in that situation? Cure is a very active and strong player. Half of Blaire's posts are about food or running for Mayor of Burgerville. There is a noted difference in threat level to mafia between the two players in this game and it's not pushing the needle in favor of keeping Cure alive.

You have a clear situation where there is doubt cast on a very strong player who, like you said, was pretty damned at that point. That is a chance mafia would not ignore. I'd like to understand your thought process here.

T3tsuya wrote:How can you be concerned about Luxaria's timing of voting 34 minutes before rollover with good backup reasoning when you yourself voted a scant 12 minutes before rollover with a noncommittal start9. And at a point where it was obvious that start9 would do nothing?

Please don't just gloss over this one. I'd like you to explain this regarding your being concerned about Luxaria's timing when yours was much worse. Luxaria's Mr. Alice vote effectively was the same as your start9 vote as they both effectively meant nothing at the time of voting. You've only explained your start9 vote as she did her Mr Alice vote, but not the contradictory timing concerns.

drandahl wrote:
T3tsuya: As much as he's been active in discussion, it's been a lot of him defending himself. I do get where he's coming from in trying to start conversation early on, and I do think T3t's actions were potentially town-beneficial at first. Also claiming he bussed himself and High Seraph seems pretty in-line with a town aware of his own mortality. (Speaking of which, he seemed like a good maf target for last night due to his drive for conversation and his reputation. I Protected him in the event he was town and not maf, but I was really nervous in doing so since was quiet during the most of the night phase and only about 30% trusted him, on a scale from 100% distrust to 100% trust. I'm at a healthy 64% trust now.)

If you trusted me only 30% why did you protect me? That is really low and there are other targets that were likely to be NK'd. You say most of what I've been posting has been defending myself. While a lot of what I have posted did have to do with me being wary of people jumping immediately on the Tet is maf train, true, I also established that it was because of the random nature of the game and that I was the only one cleared of not sending a night kill.

But what bothers me about your protecting me while also saying you only 30% trusted me over how much I defended myself is that I clearly said this.

T3t wrote:I don't care who gets lynched so long as there's information to be gained, but it's to our advantage that we lynch someone. I still would think that way if all of a sudden everybody ignores the stun and leads a kill on me, at least then you can look at the people who were contending with me the hardest afterwards.

I said that I was not only ok with being killed if it led to information, it was after I encouraged someone being killed that phase. Anyone. Including me. I encouraged my own death.

I will give the benefit of the doubt and put it out there that your protecting me to drag out another phase of no kills and your wanting to start9 to do the same thing because you had no strong opinions meshes well with each other and reads anti-maf. It's not contradictory and I don't see a problem with those things alone, but several other things in your statements are really bothersome and I'd like it explained before I jump to a vote.

Kiyoko wrote:If someone is stunned and subsequently killed, both the stun and kill would appear in rollover.

I think this means the only possible solution is that nobody voted to stun, which kind of narrows down several possibilities.

Tiki The Troll wrote:

You say finally, but this was set in stone the second game I played with you.

Mr. Alice wrote:Also why would you put me on a bus w/ T3t I would just cry and pretend to not notice him please don't do that to me.

/brushes ur hair in mild distress

NOTICE ME, KOUHAI.

184Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

T3tsuya wrote:
Tiki The Troll wrote:

You say finally, but this was set in stone the second game I played with you.

See: My last game with Cure.

185Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

/INTERNALLY SCREAMS WHILE BRUSHING LUX'S HAIR SLIGHTLY FASTER AND NERVOUSLY SINGS THE MODERN ANTHEM OF BURGERVILLE

186Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

What kind of burgers are available in Burgerville? Anything like my favorite burger from my favorite restaurant?

The Bayou Burger
sauteed re onions, pepperjack cheese and bayou sauce

187Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:07 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. Alice wrote:/INTERNALLY SCREAMS WHILE BRUSHING LUX'S HAIR SLIGHTLY FASTER AND NERVOUSLY SINGS THE MODERN ANTHEM OF BURGERVILLE

♪ ♬ ♩
OH, BUR-GER-VILLE

OUR GROUND BEEF AND CHEESE LAND

TRUE PATRIOT BUNS WITH TASTY SAUCE AND HAAAAAM
♪ ♬ ♩

188Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

if you have a tune for that in mind i might maybe actually sing it

also there are all burgers in burgerville for it is the place of burger dreams (TM)

189Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:17 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. Alice wrote:if you have a tune for that in mind i might maybe actually sing it

also there are all burgers in burgerville for it is the place of burger dreams (TM)

Some place called Canada stole it from Burgerville

If you're the mayor you have to sing it to everyone.
yousaidyouwouldyouhavetoyoupromised

http://vocaroo.com/

190Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

huh. funnily enough, I also voted to bus High Seraph with myself, because I worried about being the nk target.

in all honestly, T3t putting that forward makes me think that he's probably town at this point, and he now has two little checks next to his name in this game's book. well done t3t.

I don't really have much to say because my issues with Dran's post were addressed. I'll be waiting for when he responds <o><o>

to me, the most two people I'm most suspicious of are Dran and Lucas. the person I am least suspicious of is T3t, and everyone else in more or less in the middle. I'll be excited to hear back, but I will be somewhat busy tomorrow! I'll check in and try to vote before my class at 2:30 EST, though I might not vote till around 5pm. I'm not sure why I feel the urge to say when I'll vote, but its essentially gonna be when I have time before I go to my writing circle.

also those pesky canadians, stealing the burgerville theme tune. I bet they sing it in french and everything.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

191Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I almost hopped in to speculate until I remembered I was hosting.

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Giphy

192Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Hey, thanks for calling out your concerns. Please pull me back into this discussion if I miss anything that's bothering you.

Re: Maf keeping Cure alive...
Yes, Cure is an exceptional player. However in my eyes (and I guess I assumed in most people, including mafia's eyes), I have viewed her as having a tendency to really influence heated discussion, and occasionally tunnel by mistake. I may be particularly sore from the shitshow of PsychoPass maf, and therefore might have an uncalibrated perspective, and I don't mean anything personal, Raie.

For this reason, while she can be an exceptionally strong player... given the way she was treated in D1, I figure she might have retaliated D2. This might have set the tone well for a second mislynch, or AT LEAST might have consumed a lot of the focus of D2. I'm saying all of this under the assumption that you are not mafia, T3t. If you (who I view as might be the target of Cure's commentary) were, then the clear decision is to move forward with the lynch.

I may be spending too much of my focus in "what-if" scenarios, but I try to explore as many possibilities as possible when I play this game.

Re: Timing of Votes
At the time I wrote that, I didn't view my timing as problematic at all since it couldn't change the outcome of the phase. Lux's vote could have, and so that drew my attention. I realize now that if my action is viewed as "escaping the Cure lynching test," I guess I can see how it might be scummy. Certainly in the moment of voting -- or in looking at Lux's behavior -- I didn't think about this. Even so, I still think my vote was sensible. If I were Tiki, I would have voted myself in a glorious vote: Drandahl.

My vote was an ideological statement, and one that I felt comfortable making since it was not going to contribute to the outcome of that round. I've been burned at least twice personally by being tunneled, and so I have a tendency to be wary of that. I want to be clear that it's not an emotional reaction as much as I think there's still plenty of behavioral information to gain by "pulling out" of the lynch early or by pulling in a second lynch candidate early, especially when town starts with the numerical advantage.

Re: 30% trust
Alright, I'll openly admit to wording this poorly. I should have said "I had weak evidence that you were town." I meant to visualize on a scale from -1 to +1 (-1 to 0 being mafia-leaning, and 0 to 1 being town-leaning). To project this onto a range that might make more sense.. between 0 and 1 of trust... you were at 60%. Also I generally am super-slow to both trust and distrust early on in games, so they generally all stay in the middle-ground for a while. You were still higher in my trust than other people at that time.

Also regarding your encouragement of your own death, I really don't buy into that as a descumming tactic. As much as I understand the sentiment, it's too easy (albeit risky) for one mafia to make that statement, and then for another mafia to select a town as a first lynch candidate under the perfectly town-justified zeal of gaining information. I have a wary eye for most martyrdom tactics, but this is just me.

That said, I weighed both my trust in you and the potential for you being a NK candidate if you were town. I also was considering Lux under the same reasoning. I also considered protecting myself in the event I was part of a bus-assisted NK, since I didn't view myself as a particularly immediate mafia threat.

Also when I said "defending yourself," I should have said "defending your points" You've been spending a lot of time responding to others, for example. Or at least that's what I had perceived at the time of writing that.

-----------

As it stands, I am leaning town on you right now, T3t.

193Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:48 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Oh my freaking god. Kiyo, does that bolded text count as my vote?

194Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:48 pm

drandahl

drandahl

PLEASE say no.

195Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 13 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

It counts.

do you think this is a game

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum