Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!]

+11
Tinylightsflash
drandahl
Rasei
katagi
Tiki The Troll
She-Ra
high seraph
Luxaria
Five
ezzelin
Ninfia
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 34]

136A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

KFHAFhalkfhalkhfa
I meant to type 500... lmao
Spoiler:

E; why do I pagetop ever
A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Giphy

137A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

where do you keep getting these gifs. I love them

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

138A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm

high seraph

high seraph

i was at this fUN!!! (not really) family gathering earlier and just got home a while ago

UMM I'd like to say that I do not think it'd be wise for everyone to claim their actions, especially if a doctor manages to protect someone from being killed. That's... very... counter-productive?? Because that will inevitably paint a rly large target on a power role's back. Besides, it's way too easy for mafia to just claim whatever targets they feel like and we won't have any way to figure out who's telling the truth and who's lying. This game is supposed to be average, so we're supposed to be dealing with quite a few (standard) power roles and maybe a few vanilla players that don't have any role powers at all.

I guess as long as your action isn't immediately detectable, it would be kind of ok to claim it. Like Rasei did when she claimed to have acted on Lux, and like Tiny did when she claimed to have acted on Tiki. That's still not generally useful information because it might be entirely fake unless some watcher/tracker role manages to detect a contradiction, so while I think it's ok, I don't think it's neccessarily helpful. So do it if u feel like it, I guESS?

Five wrote:There were a lot of blocking actions in rollover for such a small game, don't you think?

There are a LOT of ways this could be explained tho, even considering a standard mafia scenario. But this is gonna be a lot clearer once we go through a couple of night phases, since we'll be able to determine things such as whether or not the stuns/jails are dedicated or only available every-other-night, and things like that. I think Aeiou also proposed the possibility that one of the stuns could have come from a Roullete or a Jack-of-all-trades.

yEAh, but in conclusion idk why you think it'd be generally good for ppl to claim their targets umm? I suppose you might have an actual reason for believing that it would, but I don't... see it... Tbh I'm actually against claiming at all until late into the game because I hate follow-the-cop strategies and things like that, but I just think that we should be careful about what kind of info we want the mafia to have access to, u kno??

ANyways, yeah I am slightly disappointed but not at all surprised that the phase ended in a NL. FTR, my vote on She-Ra was motivated by p much the same stuff Lux said when she voted Tiki, and honestly I was just expecting to get some kind of reaction and see how the thread would behave in this She-Ra vs Tiki vs Five triple tie scenario that could have been easily manipulated by the mafia. I guess they didn't take the bait (which I didn't really expect them to, I am really not surprised with this NL).

Here's a timestampped vote tally (no I'm not avoiding the school stuff that I'm supposed to be worrying about ok MOM!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE)

tally w timestamps:

@Rasei

what did you mean with "please don't vote Tiki yet"? You... were supposed to be stunned, so you shouldn't have learned any kind of information about Tiki and?? This just makes me really curious...??

139A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 pm

high seraph

high seraph

omfg i just realized everyone has already changed their names back to normal and iM STILL FUCKING LUCAS GAGA WHY DIDNT I GET THE MEMO GUYS WHY DO U ALWAYS BULLY ME ;___;

140A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 U7eRO51

141A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:14 pm

high seraph

high seraph

SCREAMS IN SIZE 24 COMIC SANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

142A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:17 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Luxaria wrote:@ ezz
My gut reaction is similar to yours regarding Five, but I'd also like to imagine... if Five were mafia she wouldn't be so obtuse about it with her plans and comments. Which makes me think she has another reason for whatever she's saying, and I have ideas of what those reasons might be, but... that just confuses me even more.

For the record, I agree regarding Tiki... though being soft has burned me (see previous comments relating to Sam/drandahl). I'm just keeping my vote on him because I hate changing, especially when it won't accomplish much at this point.
Re:Five: this is true, but at the same time I wouldn't exclude the possibility just because of that, since unexpected behaviour along the lines of "nah she wouldn't do this if she were mafia" is a perfect cover for when you're actually mafia. Like how I wouldn't claim the intermission role in music maf before rollover, knowing angel would flip town, if I was mafia - but I was mafia. Not saying Five necessarily is, but I won't write the possibility off so easily. (And I voted her primarily to gauge her reaction, tbh.)

And re:Tiki, same, see music maf again, but I guess being a bit soft on D1 won't kill us just yet.

Perfectly Average Number wrote:If there's really nobody else who thinks this is a good idea, I must be mistaken about something.

If I could say more to justify why I think this way, I would.

There were a lot of blocking actions in rollover for such a small game, don't you think?
Technically speaking, I have an idea why you might support claiming actions, but at the same time, I still think it doesn't really help us - regardless of the confirmation it gives us, it still paints them as a high priority target for the mafia, so it doesn't... really accomplish all that much. (Unless I'm missing your point, though I doubt it.)

And no, I don't think there are necessarily a lot of blocking actions. I already expected one jail and one stun at the least, and the second stun could have a... non-permanent source, let's say. And there are other ways to compensate for multiple blocking roles, too, and most of them still don't justify claiming actions as a highly beneficial thing to do.

high seraph wrote:@Rasei

what did you mean with "please don't vote Tiki yet"? You... were supposed to be stunned, so you shouldn't have learned any kind of information about Tiki and?? This just makes me really curious...??
I mostly assumed it was for meta reasons, but if it wasn't, I'm curious about this too.

143A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:41 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Aeiou wrote:That was a pretty average d1 rollover as of late

I LIKE PICTURES

Spoiler:

144A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:06 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I just honestly went to giphy and searched random things dafhjdklfhakf
and thats a really cute photo ;0;

I dont have anything productive to say :I

145A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:21 am

high seraph

high seraph

oh my god i cant believe how frickin cute this host is, this is wAY ABOVE AVERAGE CUTENESS I DID NOT COME TO THIS GAME PREPARED FOR ABOVE AVERAGE CUTENESS tHIS IS A BREACH OF THE GAME RULES, SOEMOEN CALL AVERAGE MAFIA POLICE!!!!!!!!!

ezzelin wrote:

I mostly assumed it was for meta reasons, but if it wasn't, I'm curious about this too.

idk I don't mean to criticize but Tiki made like, five posts with very little substance in them, so I'm not sure what Rasei could've picked up on in terms of meta reads lol. All we know about Tiki so far is that he tried to act on N0 (and apparently failed?), and that he voted No Lynch for self-preservation, which is perfectly understandable. In fact, while I do think mafia might have contributed to the NL, I'm not holding Tiki or She-Ra as particularly suspicious since they had a legit reason to vote the way they did (Five voted NL before anyone voted for her, which is why I'm not including her in the "justifiable No Lynchers" box).

But yeah, I just want to check what's going on with Rasei right now.

I also want to quietly nod in agreement to ezz's "Five might just be trying to call attention to herself just because mafia normally wouldn't do that" theorizing. /quietly nods in agreement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )"

146A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:11 am

high seraph

high seraph

more procrastination

infodump:

dont expect me to keep this shit updated tho u nerds

where the heck is everyone tho im feeling rly lonely. . . . . .

147A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:03 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

HAYLEY YOU ARE A SHAM THIS IS NOT AVERAGE AT ALL YOUR CUTENESS BREAKS ALL STANDARDS OF AVERAGE GET OUT

high seraph wrote:
ezzelin wrote:

idk I don't mean to criticize but Tiki made like, five posts with very little substance in them, so I'm not sure what Rasei could've picked up on in terms of meta reads lol. All we know about Tiki so far is that he tried to act on N0 (and apparently failed?), and that he voted No Lynch for self-preservation, which is perfectly understandable. In fact, while I do think mafia might have contributed to the NL, I'm not holding Tiki or She-Ra as particularly suspicious since they had a legit reason to vote the way they did (Five voted NL before anyone voted for her, which is why I'm not including her in the "justifiable No Lynchers" box).
Oh I didn't mean meta reads from this game! I guess I didn't really phrase that well, or accurately, for that matter. I meant... other reasons not really solely pertaining to this game, or his activity in this game, but I might be entirely wrong tbh. I assumed more emotional reasons along the line of "let Tiki play for at least a phase" based on recent events, and since there hasn't really been any solid leads on the Tiki lynch.

148A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:49 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

ezzelin wrote:Re:Five: this is true, but at the same time I wouldn't exclude the possibility just because of that, since unexpected behaviour along the lines of "nah she wouldn't do this if she were mafia" is a perfect cover for when you're actually mafia. Like how I wouldn't claim the intermission role in music maf before rollover, knowing angel would flip town, if I was mafia - but I was mafia. Not saying Five necessarily is, but I won't write the possibility off so easily. (And I voted her primarily to gauge her reaction, tbh.)

Yeah, I always keep something like this in the back of my head--I was even the one that proposed as much about your intended pro-town guise in symphonic mafia for that matter, if you want me to dig up the quote. I... have multiple theories as to the angle Five intended or intends, and I think there is some merit in highlighting the quantity of blocking actions because I believe there may be something funky about them, if Hayley did what I think she did. I guess my main thing is that that was only D1 and another rollover or two might shed better light on what Five wanted to do, if she knows something we do not know.

Then again, maybe the entirety of her plan was solely to just have us try a strategy that both outs helpful roles and spreads town awareness of which players are vital and more town-leaning based off of that. I'm not sure. I'm supposed to always be on the same wavelength as lovely Five-chan, and so while I said I have some ideas, I am still very... not alarmed, but a little surprised?

high seraph wrote:idk I don't mean to criticize but Tiki made like, five posts with very little substance in them, so I'm not sure what Rasei could've picked up on in terms of meta reads lol. All we know about Tiki so far is that he tried to act on N0 (and apparently failed?), and that he voted No Lynch for self-preservation, which is perfectly understandable.

Yeah, this was why I did keep my vote on him in the end, in addition to not wanting to switch. I don't really get a massively mafia vibe from him, if I am honest, and actually I am really certain that in spite of his current diminished presence and other more personal things, I would imagine he would put on more of a face were he on a team of three mafia. I think that is mostly what ezz was getting at with her remarks, and I am inclined to agree.

He could be mafia, though, and also low contribution is generally grounds for just policy lynching if we have no other options. We'll cross that bridge when we get there and see if he's under it at the time. I hope not. I keep getting paired with a sheep persona and it's really alarming to think of goats, bridges, and trolls...

By the way, Hayley.
Spoiler:

149A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:27 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Aeiou wrote:
and thats a really cute photo ;0;

high seraph wrote:oh my god i cant believe how frickin cute this host is, this is wAY ABOVE AVERAGE CUTENESS I DID NOT COME TO THIS GAME PREPARED FOR ABOVE AVERAGE CUTENESS tHIS IS A BREACH OF THE GAME RULES, SOEMOEN CALL AVERAGE MAFIA POLICE!!!!!!!!!

ezzelin wrote:HAYLEY YOU ARE A SHAM THIS IS NOT AVERAGE AT ALL YOUR CUTENESS BREAKS ALL STANDARDS OF AVERAGE GET OUT

Luxaria wrote:
By the way, Hayley.
Spoiler:

EVERYONE IS MOD KILLED THE GAME IS OVER. U ARE ALL NOT AVERAGE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

150A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 10 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:57 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Ninfia wrote:EVERYONE IS MOD KILLED THE GAME IS OVER. U ARE ALL NOT AVERAGE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even me?
:(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum