Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 62]

586Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:52 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Lux, I'm going to stick with my original boost+target choice but I am kind of ?????? about this whole you-blaire situation so without giving too much away, if there's anything else you can share with thread it would probably make me feel better about this.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

587Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:57 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm.

Let me see.

Do you think the situation is pretty obvious now? Because if so I'll just dump a lot of it, since at this point it might not make sense to be as quiet for the reasons I have been so vague prior to this. Blaire seems like she would've said it, anyway, to save herself, and I am fairly certain her wording very particularly indicates honesty with regards to why she voted on me. A mafia would not have clause to vote on me given what they'd know, and the means through which they'd know* (think of how role distribution would be illogical in this case). The only other option would be deduction, but I do not think the mafia would have deduced this given the popular opinion of the thread.

edit: * Or probably know, at any rate. I'm fairly certain they would have no pre-existing knowledge given the very particular rules of the game as indicated by the host earlier.

588Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Lux, if this is what I think it is then I feel like it's pretty obvious by this point and it wouldn't hurt to out it, but if you feel like it's actively detrimental to you then don't.

Also a masterpost will go here, I just need to summarize everything in-thread

wip:

Last edited by Nautilus! At The Disco on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

589Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I have a theory but my theory confuses me on enough levels that I think it's probably better to just lay everything out on the table. It's less your role I'm uncertain of and more Blaire's role because all the theories I have for what Blaire's role is don't make sense when I take into account how that'd fit in with your and Ninfia's roles.

590Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sure.

I'm the non-malicious third party. I've been saying third party specifically all game because my win conditions do not feel neutral, but I do not want to reveal what they are.

I started the game vanilla with the option to copy the role of a dead player. None of my win conditions or role or alignment state anything of the malicious third party and/or needing to find them, so I have no idea if they need to find me to win or kill me or something. I've been trying to think of how a malicious third party might have to have be an obstacle for town... because...

When a third party wins, we're removed from the game entirely--and I confirmed with the host that the other third party works this way as well. That's it. Meaning once I win, I'm out of your hair. And that's intriguing to me because if the malicious very specifically needs to be eliminated for town to win, but them winning, themself, should just negate that concern. Which makes me think the malicious neutral either has more of a tie/investment in mafia winning or succeeding and can cause impact throughout the game, or their win condition is actively detrimental to town. I just can't figure out how much from my own.

I've been playing pro-town because the presence of a malicious one, as well as my win condition, indicates I should be a little more helpful. This is also why I said my heart was on no lynch on D1, and why I generally kept asking and probing about the proposed neutral powers (Pizza, Tiki's demon), because I am the non-malicious and I have none of these things and wanted to nudge town in the right direction without claiming. Rather, I copied Ninfia's role after she died (had to be a dead player, and I chose not to use Katagi since my role PM said my win conditions changed depending on when I used it, meaning I wouldn't be too harshly penalized for waiting). The role powers were adapted from their original version, but Ninfia had a bus drive effect and some... kind of thing that copies roles, meaning I can sort of role cop for you guys if I choose, though it means I can't bus for that night. Can also be used on dead players.

I'm assuming Blaire figured out I was third party and decided it best to go for the 50/50 on me, which makes sense since she said:

Blaire wrote:im pretty positive lux and lucas were bussed. also you might not wanna boost lux, just sayin. im hesitant to say any more than that, but if theres something someone people feel that direly needs to be answered, ill do my best but no promises

though actually this is a huge hint towards what im getting at but Vote: Luxaria because it should neither help nor hurt, at the very worst

I've been saying all game that I don't mind receiving buffs or powers since I will use them pro-town, but I also keep commenting that if you have a better target it's fine because I'm technically not town, and so from her perspective there's no way of knowing if I'm malicious or not, thus her warning. As such, I completely understand if you do not wish to toss things my way. But her "neither help nor hurt, at the very worst" very clearly says to me she knew I was third party.

This is also why I was a bit curious about what Rasei saw since she said she wasn't worried about me, but my second ability is also a role copy of some sort which Ninfia supposedly had, and Rasei happens to have something like that, too. So for the record @ your list, Kiyo, I was going to comment I never verified anything about Rasei other than just saying that she might have been able to figure out I was third party, since I thought she was hinting at that based upon her wording. Like she got the full flavor and knew my win conditions. I commented that it raised a few theories since one thing I've been wondering is if the malicious can copy the role of a living player--like my inverse--and get a win condition off of that. Which is why I also wondered if the pizza might have been copied from plot's role, but I have no way of knowing. I'd also think it's probably unlikely to be the case, but who knows.

There might be some other things I'm forgetting to mention, but that's what I've got.

Hope it helps, yo.

Edit: Oh yeah, another reason I think Blaire's not mafia is because if malicious counts against mafia in terms of ratio, I would imagine that due to mechanics they probably don't have a way to communicate or know who they are. Because that'd be a bit weird, I think? I'm not sure. But if mafia do not know the identity of the malicious, pushing a 50/50 on them doesn't make sense. So I suppose my statement of Blaire being not-mafia depends on how you'd expect mechanics to work in some regard. She could still be the malicious one trying to kill me, for all I know.

591Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I enjoy that my section of the master post is, by far, the largest.

Ninja'd by Lux dropping a truth bomb.

592Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yup that clears a lot up. I'm fine giving you the thing as long as you keep playing pro town so. Also clears up my concerns on Blaire. I'm pretty comfortable with my vote for the time being.

593Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Speaking of votes:

1. What's the lynch vote spread and tally?
  2. I'm voting for song #1, gave me the best chuckle.
  3. What's the song vote tally?

Last edited by Tiki The Tralala on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

594Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, fair enough. I'm glad it helped. Arguably, your thing is pretty nice for me to have. But I wasn't about to ask for it since I am not town, yo ho. If you have any more questions, let me know.

But...

... can we keep having everyone call me definitely town? I... I liked being one of you guys in spirit. :C

595Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Bold your song vote tiki, makes it easier to see

@Lux, I'm fine giving you the thing just please don't win when the ratio is close we need you for numbers, haha

596Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Yeah, I've been keeping that in mind, especially after so many died last night. I'll... try not to, but the way I'm trying to get my win is a bit tricky and I can't guarantee when it will happen, versus the straight-forward and boring way (which tbh I might resort to, though given the numbers and roles in play, I don't think I'll get it in time).

Tbh when I said

Luxaria wrote:Unrelated, I am amused for two reasons that might become obvious post-game.

It was because I think I came close to winning last night on my first night of having the option to do so.

597Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Jason Derulo....

nah i'm not the other neutral (though i guess if i was i'd also say that too dang)

Unvote: Luxaria

i'm inclined to think you're the good neutral for now because of your honesty, but shrugs now i don't know who to vote for rip

also if i were mafia i don't think i would have said what i did in the way that i said haha h a  . . .. .

598Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As long as you don't win at the end of this phase since I don't want to waste my thing I'm good. I have a lot more candidates for the thing, now, so I'm not too too worried if you win and leave.

Somewhat related but. There are three people I'm willing to vote (She-Ra, Lucas and Ace) and conveniently there are three maf, though I don't think it's that easy. I guess if I had to pick someone to be malicious neutral I might guess Rasei due to having such a similar ability or Tiki due to having such a, well, his ability.

Blaire I realize what I'm asking but I feel like it's possibly a little obvious by now so do you have any other information on other players you are able to dump in the thread?

599Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

If it makes you feel better, my win conditions only trigger on Night -> Day rollover.

Also, I agree. I was favoring Rasei or Tiki for malicious third party by virtue of claims, but it's a soft-read for now.

I'll think for myself and do my own votes and try and help, of course, but odds are I'll tend to favor following your leads since I believe you're town for the obvious reason, and you give me pretty things.

600Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

fwiw I also don't have any reason to believe Mitsu is town specifically, like Mitsu could still totally be the other neutral (which would be hilarious to me) but Mitsu has been contributing a lot in thread which is all I care about at this point in time tbh, once all the information's out on the table then I'll start reevaluating what's been shared I guess

I second Tiki though someone should do a smote rally, and not me because I have a presentation to put together within the next hour

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 51 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum