Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 44 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 62]

376Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 pm

angel★

angel★

8(

i literally had the thought "wow i hope making this my username won't mean that i'll get killed early on"

yet

here we are

8(((((((((

stupid pagetop have another gif
Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Giphy

377Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:35 am

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

Maroon Five wrote:angelstar was lynched! She was Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan. She was Town.

Hmmmm :|a
Tbh my first thought was 'have we been played?' and all this still seems weird to me. I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of ezz as maf though because, like Tiki's seemingly anti-town role, I feel like it would've benefited her more if she had not said anything about it. Also, I'm still very wary of framer/tailor/alignment-shifting mumbo-jumbo because the first game of maf I played after a long time of not playing was LL maf and that was a game with a bunch of dead people in costumes ;n;

378Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:48 am

Cure

Cure

Vanilla Ace wrote:that was a game with a bunch of dead people in costumes ;n;

This is the best description of LL maf. I think the only person that actually flipped their actual role in that game was Deo on N0.

379Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:06 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

That was beautiful, we wanted to dress everyone up!

I dont have anything of value to add btw, I am leaning towards town Ezz though

380Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:20 am

nautilus

nautilus

Hello everyone good morning

The Arctic Monkiyokos wrote:idk what blaire was getting at re: pizza not sounding neutral because it sounds super neutral to me. I think this role is somewhat reliant on some goodwill from thread, since they opted to send the pizza to the one person volunteering. My thought is that pizza initially targeted blaire because they figured that blaire wouldn't turn down food

I... hrm. Given your report on the pizza, I am actually kind of curious as to why Blaire thought the pizza didn't sound very neutral, since her "wait and see" comment at the end of her post suggested something might happen down the line, though idk if that was pizza related or generally game related. I do agree with your observation that, uh, pizza probably targeted Blaire because food. In that vein, I have an idea on possible candidates for pizza based off that observation, but unless we think pizza is malicious or poisonous I'm not going to speculate openly in-thread on pizza's identity.

It's possible I guess that pizza could be a mafia role, but having a mafia role with seemingly no side-effects to whoever is pizza'd also be reliant on whomever is acted on receiving the action seems really weak because there's no guarantee your recipient will accept the pizza & if this is a town role that grants some benefit upon pizza acceptance other than the stun, you're going to run into some issues anyways because who would accept strange food with no strings attached.

For what it's worth, I've been running on the assumption that some aspects of it work similarly to Kiyoko's role (in terms of timing, etc.,) but I could also be pretty wildly off-base.

The Arctic Monkiyokos wrote:So my original theory was that if angel is maf then chi might be maf because angel was all "I think chinomi is town" but I don't know if maf would let one of their own drop the ball on the activity vote thing so. Maybe that's too meta idk. I'm still a little cautious about planning too much around angel's alignment until we can be more sure she was tailored.

The only thing I'd say about that is that I was sternly looked at as mafia from hosrs in Lit Maf for not voting D1 when I was mafia jailer (though I guess part of that was that I wasn't home for that phase) so I don't think being at risk of nearly being hit with an inactivity clause is indicative of their general mafness, but I feel like that's getting a little too meta here.

re: angel: I backread a few of her posts to try and get some port-mortem information from her, but for the most part there wasn't really a lot to go off of; other than her exchanges with chi, the only two pieces of speculation of note she posted was a little spiel on neutral claiming and the pizza and a psuedo-defense of Lux when Lucas voted her on D1.

For what it's worth, her initial openness seemed more town-leaning, but she also straight up admitted to me after Round 14 that she claimed her role and claimed her targets in that game because she felt like being more open about her role would make her seem more town

And I fell for it like a sucker because she was the one mafia player in that game I was most unsure of about being mafia oh my god

381Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:04 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

wtf the fuck..

so lemme get this straight - there is a precedent for people being revealed as "town" in rollover but still actually being maf?? So nothing means anything and I can't trust anyone?

this game has lost me.

Okay but seriously. If I'm following right it does seem counter-intuitive for a maf!ezz to claim the intermission thing rather than just let it all go down quietly. Idk.

I'm home studying today so I'll be checking in a fair bit I think, watching all this discussion unravel. Out tonight again tho.

382Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:11 am

nautilus

nautilus

In games there can be roles which mess up with the alignment of players in rollover, yeah.

The two most common are framers/tailors which act on players to make them seem as another alignment upon investigation or death (for example, in a previous game I framed Kiyoko to flip mafia upon death to cast doubt on other players and to embolden... El Zorro).

Then there's some players with passive roles that cause them to flip as certain alignments upon death or with obscured alignments (for example, I was on a mafia team with a member who, if the stars aligned, had the occasional ability to flip town on death).

383Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:15 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:
The two most common are framers/tailors which act on players to make them seem as another alignment upon investigation

this I knew.

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:or death

this I did not. So much for death being the great equalizer :p

Then there's some players with passive roles that cause them to flip as certain alignments upon death or with obscured alignments (for example, I was on a mafia team with a member who, if the stars aligned, had the occasional ability to flip town on death).

alright. well this all brings in new possibilities to consider. Thanks for the explanation.

384Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:39 am

El Zorro

El Zorro

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:  two most common are framers/tailors which act on players to make them seem as another alignment upon investigation or death (for example, in a previous game I framed Kiyoko to flip mafia upon death to cast doubt on other players and to embolden... El Zorro).

Oh, ho, ho, El Zorro has heard his name, has he not? And in the good timing too, as it appears once again this Town is needing his guidance.

El Zorro can report that your troll of the forum is feeling rather worn from the previous day's trials, but that he has now read up too this point (and even managed absorb some of the information presented). He also wishes to reassure you people of this Town that what he can do is not inherently anti-Town, simply...tricky.

Like un zorro, is it not? Oh, ho, ho!

But yes, there is a good reasoning why there would be another player that can be bringing him to a halt so easily.

Besides all of that business, this whole situation seems tricky to El Zorro. This Ezz, is she telling the truth, add seems more likely for her to be behaving? Or is she lying, and simply looking to be casting the doubt and the confusion on the Town, looking to delay get execution?

El Zorro guesses we will be finding out before to long, will we not? Oh, ho, ho!

And perhaps El Zorro should stick around in this thread of music. After all, what sort of ballroom dancer would he be to leave so soon?

Un busy one! Oh, ho, ho! Adios!

Last edited by El Zorro on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total

385Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:41 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Okay, I'm back. Did I miss anything? I can't help but feel somebody incredibly intelligent and attractive was just here.

386Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am

nautilus

nautilus

El Zorro wrote:*El Zorro has had a 0% accuracy rating to date.

387Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 am

Cure

Cure

Tiki The Tralala wrote:intelligent and attractive

You must be mistaken.

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Cure on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

388Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

El Zorro wrote:*El Zorro has had a 0% accuracy rating to date.

You had that pulled up and ready, didn't you? XD

389Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:51 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

blank stare

mashes face into hand

390Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 26 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxariana Grande wrote:blank stare

mashes face into hand

This is all because of your very first game as host.
Aren't you proud?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 44 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum