Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 43 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 62]

361Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm, just to elaborate on...

Mitsu wrote:I feel like maf!ezz would probably wait and see/test the waters first instead of throwing her entire weight behind this intermission + dealing with any potential fallout from the discrepancy between the interlude and Angel's apparent alignment in-thread, since by associating herself with this weird event that just happened she's drawn a lot of unnecessary attention to herself that she wouldn't have had otherwise. That being said, though, I fully admit that this could all be some kind of weird elaborate setup but this is a weird situation in general.

... this, what I was thinking when I said...

Luxaria wrote:However, if the role is fake then that would mean mafia planned for one of their own--ezz, in this case--to pull this claim while they fire off a fake interlude. Would you have a mafia vote on ezz prior to that to try and clear one, or possibly some other towns to get on their good side?

... is that my understanding would be that in this hypothetical, mafia looked at possible role claims that could be done on N0, determined ezz's needed to be creative (or whatever other scenario might prompt them for a ruse cruise), and decided in advance they'd throw this into motion if she was voted upon. I feel like given the close 1 hour and 30 minute timing between the two, it'd be more likely it wasn't a reactive thing. Because as Mitsu points out, there... would be no harm in just backing any number of uncertain lynches the thread was pushing. But if you pre-planned to have this out, consistency matters in this case. Though you could let an actual town!angel and maybe others be "cleared" by delayed use of your ruse to garner some good faith?

Under that perspective, given the position of the thread as Mitsu described it, a ruse does seem less likely if I'm honest. Plus whatever it's worth, I can see town!ezz doing as she claims: Staying quiet to get some activity votes on her, and then waiting to see if angel might share more information before publicly outing her involvement in angel's lynch. Granted, maf!ezz would be intending to appear as town!ezz.

So... back to probably? tailored? angel? Or wondering if ezz's role is legitimate. Could be a counter-balance to whatever Tiki's been raving about. Mitsu's right in that the power of outing many people does require a lot of things to fall into place. More realistically, usually if a lynch is going to form on someone, there's a trickle of 1-3 votes across the phase or phases, and then at that point a mafia might latch on or look pro-town following a town vote and get caught in the backlash of this proposed role--if they don't just start the probing vote themself. Like I said, high variance. It's just that the highest level of variance is what strikes me as really unusual in terms of game balance, but... everything else... I don't know.

Edit: This makes me really wish angel posted again before rollover to give us another lead one way or the other.

362Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Still out, will post long post later. Got pizza, accepted.

Lux did you get my thing?

Also lux don't say what thing does for obvious reasons thanks

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

363Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:Lux did you get my thing?

Luxariana Grande wrote:Unrelated, interesting.

pls don't get food poisoning, btw.

364Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yeah I saw that just now upon a closer reread.

Gonna verify Blaire's info, speaking of which Blaire and I got dinner together and that's why I vanished before rollover. Pizza says, do you want to accept pizza and if so you get stunned and that's it. I accepted and I'll tell thread if I get anything extra. If not this has to be a neutral role.

Still in transit, will spec in maybe 40 mins when I'm back at a computer

365Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:47 pm

chinomi

chinomi

hey uh i haven't caught up with the thread yet but i'm aware i didn't vote this phase. i had a really... upsetting day and just stuff happened sdkgsdgsd if you'll have me then i'd love to continue playing. i totally forgot about an activity vote thing.

eta: actually to add to this at the risk of embarrassing myself i actually thought i voted for ezz like right after i mentioned my post about my dumb hunches. im really regretting not doing so now after all of this though, haha.

366Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

hello i am back i am also very tired so nevermind on that long specpost.

I don't think we can make any definitive statements about angel until we know ezz's alignment but I'm inclined to believe that ezz is town and angel was tailored just due to occam's razor. I don't think it'd be a waste of an investigation if any potential detective wanted to check out ezz, but if a det does investigate ezz and get town, it's not worth outing themselves over.

idk what blaire was getting at re: pizza not sounding neutral because it sounds super neutral to me. I think this role is somewhat reliant on some goodwill from thread, since they opted to send the pizza to the one person volunteering. My thought is that pizza initially targeted blaire because they figured that blaire wouldn't turn down food

hello chimberlake i hope you are okay

367Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:56 pm

chinomi

chinomi

IM OKAY just lots of upsetting stuff happened today and i ended up being on mobile for the majority of the day so i was stuck only using twitter and LINE adsng;lsgsd not a good mix for having to play a mafia game too but you know... anyway thanks for worrying about me ;w;

i have things to say actually game-wise but i'll wait until i get the go ahead that i can still play first

368Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Hey, Cure, I want to clear something up. I vote you because I saw that Kiyoko voted against you on my way upstairs going to my second job and I wanted at least something to fall back on if I didn't get a chance later in the day. I noticed that intermission while I was trying to post but didn't want to stop to edit my post. I meant to send my vote change to Angel right afterwards but I didn't seem to hit the send button as I was walking into the store.

369Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Cure

Cure

Kiyo also immediately unvoted me. It's probably not a good idea to blindly follow someone else's votes, especially if you're not checking their reasoning for why they vote/retract their vote. Even if they're someone in thread you trust. Just saying.

370Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I hope all is well, chinomi ;w;

I forgot to thank you earlier for the replies, so, thanks you, Blaire <33 But! Whenever you're back from dinner date, any update on if you still have the pizza and your other comments?

For Kiyo, hmm. Given your interpretation of the role and what you now have, barring any hidden properties that may come from consuming the pizza, would you expect this pizza to be from the malicious or non-malicious third party? Or could it go either way? Truthfully, I'm not sure how overtly anti-town or pro-mafia or both the malicious third party might be beyond just... needing to be eliminated, so I suppose there's a chance their win conditions could actually just be "neutral" or self-serving in nature despite their name.

371Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:12 pm

Five

Five

justin chimberlake wrote:hey uh i haven't caught up with the thread yet but i'm aware i didn't vote this phase. i had a really... upsetting day and just stuff happened sdkgsdgsd if you'll have me then i'd love to continue playing. i totally forgot about an activity vote thing.

eta: actually to add to this at the risk of embarrassing myself i actually thought i voted for ezz like right after i mentioned my post about my dumb hunches. im really regretting not doing so now after all of this though, haha.
It's alright! Things happen. The activity clause is there to make sure people vote when they can and remain active in the game. You're good to keep playing and everything, just try and stay active if you can.

372Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:19 pm

chinomi

chinomi

THANK YOU FIVE ;___;

anyway i want to add in my two cents, even though it's a repeat of what other people are saying, that i think angel was a miller and wasn't disguised/framed/whatstheword? i think the mafia would know that it'd look scummy if angel flipped anything but mafia... that it'd be kind of scummy to disguise after that...

AND
i believe ezz and don't believe it's a trick because the majority of the votes were going angel's way even before ezz came up and vocalized themselves! it would've benefited the mafia more to just stay silent and then the votes go the way they were going.

yeah that's all really obvious stuff but i wanted to contribute my own thoughts too, even if they've already been said.

373Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:36 pm

angel★

angel★

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Latest?cb=20150913022104

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Giphy-facebook_s

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Dr.-Who

374Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Since the pizza requires the goodwill of the recipient, I think it's more likely this role is the non-malicious neutral if I had to pick. Just because I feel like it might be hard for malicious neutral to be all "Uhhh so hey guys... help me win?"

I don't really expect there to be any benefit but if there is one I'll let people know. Although there have been roles in the past where once the neutral has successfully targeted x people, those people learn info about one another (e.g. harvest goddess in Gerry's game and the two neutrals in meme maf) so that might be a thing. Dunno! We'll see.

So my original theory was that if angel is maf then chi might be maf because angel was all "I think chinomi is town" but I don't know if maf would let one of their own drop the ball on the activity vote thing so. Maybe that's too meta idk. I'm still a little cautious about planning too much around angel's alignment until we can be more sure she was tailored.

In any case I am glad that Justin Chimberlake is still with us regardless of alignment

/looks at angel's username

I guess ezzelin is video

375Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 25 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:41 pm

chinomi

chinomi

poor angel........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 43 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum