Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 43 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 62]

346Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Five

Five

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 9LGirfm

angelstar XI
ezzelin I
Rasei I

Cure vs. Rasei
Jason Derulo vs. angelstar
Kiyoko vs. Cure high seraph angelstar
Ace vs. No Lynch angelstar
ezzelin vs. angelstar
She-Ra vs. Cure angelstar
chinomi vs.
Plotstickers vs. angelstar
Aeiou vs. Ace angelstar
Rasei vs. Cure angelstar
nautilus vs. She-Ra angelstar
high seraph vs. angelstar
Tiki the Troll vs.
angelstar vs. ezzelin
Luxaria vs. angelstar

Players with names listed in bright red must vote this phase or risk being replaced.

347Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:14 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I'm a bit interested about Blaire's comment that the pizza stunner might not be neutral, but I won't press if she doesn't feel comfortable sharing more information about the pizza.

If the pizza stunner isn't neutral then I feel like there has to be more to this pizza than meets the eye because of reasons I've already stated (that is, if this is literally all the role does then it's a pretty weak role, especially given there appears to be a dedicated stunner and jailer in this game?), but I guess we can discuss the pizza after the current situation in-thread is resolved.

348Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Well, I volunteered to be pizza tribute. If I die as a result of poisoned pizza it kind of sucks for town but Mitsu's aware of my role now and can fill you guys in.

But I agree with Raie that "have x people voluntarily get stunned for you" was a pretty common neutral win condition on vdex so.

I'll let you guys know if anything horrible happens.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

349Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:27 pm

She-Ra

She-Ra

Okay this is going to be my last check in til tomorrow cause I'm off to another metal show tonight (last night was doom & progressive stoner rock, tonight is speed and 80s hair metal - I'm so cool you guys)

I see angel hasn't posted so I guess we'll just see how this all plays out

(Edit: half my post got cut??? Wth phone.)

350Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Kiyoko, you are truly a brave soul, ready to consume this pizza for the good of the game at large

Anyways, I think I'm going to go for a bit and check back later on this thread since I feel like a lot of what I wanted to say regarding both the pizza and the intermission have already been said by other players...

I feel like the intermission is our best lead for information this phase, regardless of its veracity, because we'll know the nature of this role once Angel flips and can extrapolate alignment from it.

... Though I admit with everyone voting Angel I'm not sure how much information we can wring out of the lynch in terms of voting patterns, since everyone except for Rasei/Raie voted/unvoted and then voted for Angel post-intermission, but I feel like this is a better direction to go in rather than our awkward six way tie from earlier

351Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:27 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

ok, so. hi. it was me ezzio.

I was hoping to see what angel had to say, in case she ended up providing the thread with some "sacrificial" information in a last-ditch effort to save her skin, but it doesn't look like it's happening, so I'll explain.

I'm the reason for the intermission. My role is fully passive, and can only be triggered once. What it does - or rather, it did - is that it triggers as soon as a Mafia votes on me, resulting in the intermission post announcing their alignment to the entire thread.

That's also the reason I've been even quieter than I normally am towards the beginning of the game; I was trying to get mafia to attempt to push a lynch on me, and hey! it actually worked. Tbh, I was hoping for more probing activity votes on me, as I could essentially clear players as non-mafia (they could still be neutral, but that's still helpful as hell), but looks like my special kind of luck strikes again.

I'll answer any questions regarding my role that I can, as I'm sure you have some.

352Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:29 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

Whoa, that's neat, ezzio!

@Lux - It's kind of related to my role. For what it's worth, I'm not investigative.

353Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Okay, just got home, no way i have the time to read up on all that before rollover. Isd there a TLDR for why Angel has so many votes?
Also, since I dunno what's going on, but want no penalty from not voting (in case I somehow don't get to next day phase), Vote: No Lynch.

Now, I have been caked in mud for about 9 hours...Tiki is getting a shower.

354Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Cure

Cure

It seemed pretty obvious from the way she worded her comment that ezz did the thing. I didn't want to point it out or ask about it though, so I'm glad she came forward and claimed responsibility for it.

Re: plot and bus driver I assumed she just hit a target other than the one she intended on n0 and thus has reason to suspect driver/redirect

Last edited by The Cure on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

355Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:57 pm

nautilus

nautilus

@Tiki

Maroon Five wrote:
Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 OgCAwj1

angelstar is Mafia.

I guess all that's left to do is wait until rollover... I'll update the masterpost with what's been claimed in the last few posts, though <o><o>

Masterpost:

356Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Five

Five

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Vm9cqsP

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 9LGirfm

angelstar XI
ezzelin I
Rasei I
No Lynch I

Cure vs. Rasei
Jason Derulo vs. angelstar
Kiyoko vs. Cure high seraph angelstar
Ace vs. No Lynch angelstar
ezzelin vs. angelstar
She-Ra vs. Cure angelstar
chinomi vs.
Plotstickers vs. angelstar
Aeiou vs. Ace angelstar
Rasei vs. Cure angelstar
nautilus vs. She-Ra angelstar
high seraph vs. angelstar
Tiki the Troll vs. No Lynch
angelstar vs. ezzelin
Luxaria vs. angelstar

angelstar was lynched! She was Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan. She was Town.

chinomi is in need of a replacement. If anyone knows someone who might be willing to replace her, please contact them and let me know. I'll allow her to remain in the game if she posts within the next 24 hours, but otherwise she'll be replaced/modkilled.

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 8y7zTnu

The current ratio is 8 Town, 4 Mafia, 2 Third Party (1 Malicious).

Verse 2 will end at 9PM (CT) on June 12, 2016.

Songs of Mafia's deadline has been extended until the end of Verse 2 due to lack of submissions. Please submit your entries if you haven't yet!

357Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Cure

Cure

I'm willing to believe Angel was a miller or mafia has a tailor as ezz didn't come forward to claim the nature of the intermission until right before the end of the phase. Mafia would have no way of knowing how it works, and could easily tailor Angel to make her seem town and throw the thread into confusion. They had plenty of time after the announcement.

the intermission DID happen right after Angel voted ezz (about an hour after), so five probably just posted it as soon as she saw Angel's vote.

Basically: I think ezz is town and Angel was actually mafia.

shrugs.

Alternatively: ezz is some bizarre mafia role that announces the first person to vote her as mafia. for some reason. seems way less likely.

358Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:20 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

...........................................we either have death miller(s) or a tailor, apparently :I

My ability shouldn't proc on a town miller from what I know, so yeah I'm 100% certain angel was actually mafia.

359Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

red plot chili peppers wrote:@Lux - It's kind of related to my role. For what it's worth, I'm not investigative.

Okay, was just curious if there was more you might elaborate upon for personal reasons. I'm fine leaving it there for the moment.

Regarding ezz's role and angel's flip, angel being the miller would be a bizarre coincidence, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. angel being tailored does make sense for the mafia to put into action, however, if that is what happened here. Fake interlude and Maf!ezz claiming so boldly right before rollover is... a big gambit, but then again if your typical gut reaction is to say, "oh, a mafia wouldn't do that"... then it kind of proves effective at the risk of unnecessary attention.

Not sure what to make of it just yet. I suppose my main point would be the validity of the proposed role. It is extremely strong regardless of high variance. For illustrative purposes, if seven people vote on ezz before it happens, that clears six people and publicly outs a mafia afterwards. Or it could just out a mafia on the first vote, like what's claimed to have happened. That... I'm not sure how I feel about it. However, if the role is fake then that would mean mafia planned for one of their own--ezz, in this case--to pull this claim while they fire off a fake interlude. Would you have a mafia vote on ezz prior to that to try and clear one, or possibly some other towns to get on their good side? Hm hm hm. More variables means more chances to backfire.

I can see this going either way. Simplest solution is that angelstar is mafia and got tailored, though, if you buy the concept of the role claim.

Unrelated, interesting.

360Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 24 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:57 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Uh

On one hand, we have ezz stating that she essentially has a one-shot passive role that allows her to flip the first mafia voter on her, it activated on Angel. Obviously, there's some issues with what happened: angel did not flip mafia upon rollover, but flipped town instead. This implies that:

a) Angel was tailored
b) ezz is lying

If ezz is mafia and the intermission is a mafia role that can initiate an intermission at any time, hrmmm. Before the intermission dropped, at best people were only suspecting ezz due to nebulous "we would like you to speak more in-thread" vibes, and ezz wasn't really under any kind of intense scrutiny in the thread.

To be honest, given that I feel like ezz is a pretty cautious mafia player as a whole and having played with her prior on the same mafia team, I feel like maf!ezz would probably wait and see instead of throwing her entire weight behind a faked intermission + dealing with any potential fallout from the discrepancy between the interlude and Angel's apparent alignment in-thread, since by associating herself with this weird event that just happened she's drawn a lot of unnecessary attention to herself that she wouldn't have had otherwise. That being said, though, I fully admit that this could all be some kind of weird elaborate setup but this is a weird situation in general.

I guess the one thing I struggle with wrapping my head around if ezz isn't lying is how inexplicably easy this all feels, along with what Lux pointed out: what stops this role from being able to clear an entire thread if there's a bandwagon on ezz? Granted, though, such a situation would require both the last member of a bandwagon on ezz to be mafia and for the votes to be concentrated enough for there to be a bandwagon on her large enough to clear a good deal of people.

That being said, r: Cure/Lux's comments - I wouldn't rule out any role possibilities as being too out there or too weird simply because we have Tiki in the corner, who apparently turns vanilla whenever someone in the thread chooses to make him vanilla on top of whatever else his role does.

One more thing: If the interlude is maf and was deliberately activated this phase instead of automatically triggered in order to force a town player out via lynch, this seems like an extremely weird usage of the ability since prior to the interlude, there was an intense six-way tie and mafia could've just easily pushed a lynch on someone in that instead...???

ALSO ON ANOTHER NOTE: KIYOKO, DID YOU RECEIVE A PIZZA. ARE YOU OKAY,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 43 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum