Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 62]

331Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Five

Five

Maroon Five wrote:
Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 9LGirfm

angelstar IX
ezzelin I
Rasei I

Cure vs. Rasei
Jason Derulo vs.
Kiyoko vs. Cure high seraph angelstar
Ace vs. No Lynch angelstar
ezzelin vs. angelstar
She-Ra vs. Cure angelstar
chinomi vs.
Plotstickers vs. angelstar
Aeiou vs. Ace angelstar
Rasei vs. Cure angelstar
nautilus vs. She-Ra angelstar
high seraph vs. angelstar
Tiki the Troll vs.
angelstar vs. ezzelin
Luxaria vs.

Players with names listed in bright red must vote this phase or risk being replaced.
I will not pagebottom with this vote tally. To the top I go!

Last edited by Maroon Five on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 5 times in total

332Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Cure

Cure

I think Angel is pretty obviously gonna get lynched. I also think mafia could use my inactivity to try to get me voted out--and given the timing of her vote. vote: Rasei

Angel sure is mafia a lot.

I don't really have the time or energy right now to address all the things being discussed about me/my behavior. But I'm not just ignoring it. I'd like to think you all know me well enough to know that i wouldn't just zone out of a game if I were mafia. If anything, I'm really glad I'm not mafia this game because it would be unfair to my team how little I'm invested.

333Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

fwiw. I feel like an angel lynch will get us the most information here. Depending on how angel flips, we might get information about the alignment of the intermission role, as well as everyone involved in the whole voting Cure thing. Additionally, angel's been pretty "I trust chinomi" so that might also be worth looking at if angel flips maf.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

334Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:35 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

well hello there. = w=

vote: angelstar

335Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Rasei

Rasei

vote:angle

336Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

acute anglestar

337Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 pm

She-Ra

She-Ra

huh. okay. well unvote, vote: angelstar then I guess.

338Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

Oh.

Well, if Angel is mafia, I think it's unlikely ezz is? vote: angelstar

339Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

unvote, vote: angelstar

I have work again so idk if Ill be around for rollover!

340Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

Woke up before rollover!!!

And such an interesting intermission hmmm

unvote, vote: angelstar

Edit: I'm trying to look at this as if it's a mafia ruse, and, well, I guess its hard to tell until angel posts or she flips maf/town

Also the more I stare at the intermission, the weirder the vibes I get off of it orz

341Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yeah like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I'm all for not blindly trusting info, but also the fastest and easiest way to verify it is to just lynch angel so uh...

342Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:18 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I kind of hope Angel has time to get back to thread before rollover at least so she can infodump before she goes, and then we have something to work off of if she flips town, but I don't know if she will given her post where she voted

Either way, up until this intermission the bulk of suspicion in this thread was basically "I have vibes"/"I'd like to hear x talk more" and I'd rather follow what appears to be some sort of lead if only to get some information out in the open in this game

Anyways let me bring up the masterpost and I'll update it with more details that have come to light in the past phase

Masterpost:

Last edited by Nautilus! At The Disco on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

343Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

First thing, I've been thinking on the pizza a bit more.

I legitimately think there's more to the pizza than just being a stun you can choose to accept or not. Reason being that I see very little value in a stun if someone can just say, "Nah I'm good." As I think Mitsu? pointed out? That, by itself, is probably not going to be a town power at the least, since it'd be really terrible to be a "dedicated stunner" and legitimately not be able to use your stun in the most pro-town way: To impede an otherwise unaware mafia.

So naturally, the idea is then that it is likely a third party power (get people to accept stuns and achieve a win condition?), or a mafia power made to... look more benign. But there's several problems I have with this.

The third party players have not outed themselves, and they both count towards the ratio in different ways, on top of one seemingly being at least pro-mafia in terms of role mechanics given the "malicious" title and requirement to be eliminated. Whether or not these reasons are why the third parties are silent, or, as other speculation indicates, they may have win conditions dependent on finding one another, not claiming, or something similar... in the end, insofar there has been no advertisement from a third party as to their alignment.

As such, in lieu of one coming forward and saying, "Please eat my pizza so I can win," this says to me that... if they, as far as we can tell, are disincentivized from claiming their alignment, then how does a third party with a pizza win condition successfully get their win condition off? Because I mean honestly, if all you know is that eating the pizza is going to lead to a stun, why would anyone do it? Unless there's some more funky roles at play, or you're town or mafia and want the stun to pseudo-clear yourself for a night... but. I guess the neutral could have another win condition, and the pizza is just one of two or three or whatever.

I guess the short version is... fundamentally, the pizza only acting as a stun makes no sense to me from what we've seen via in-thread interaction. Which makes me wonder if the pizza does another effect beyond stunning, but then the entire context of the pizza feels so suspicious that I know I wouldn't personally eat it, nor would I advocate anyone else doing it. And also, it only seems to have showed up on N1? So it was missing N0. I think Mitsu pointed out it might be like whatever The Thing is and it... I don't know, had to be cooked during D1 and delivered N1.

@ Blaire
When did this pizza arrive in your inbox? What would have happened if you didn't reply or make a decision? If you ate it, all it said was that you'd be stunned? And it clearly mentioned a roofie in the pizza, or was that your embellishment? And nothing at all was listed as being a consequence of choosing not to eat it? Did it go away? Do you still have it? If you still have it, will you be forced to eat it after a certain time?

Mitsu wrote:About the vote... I don't really have an opinion on most of the votes in this phase because I feel like a lot of them are for really similar reasons (wanting to hear more from that player)

This is where I'm at. Or was at, since apparently this happened:

Interlude wrote:angelstar is Mafia.

I suppose the first thing that feels weird to me about this is both how sudden and early in the game this happened. If this isn't a mafia ruse, I am really curious about the role behind it, since a straight-forward public investigation role (presumably X-use) is... interesting.

The other thing is that whichever player responsible has said nothing, which sets off a few alarms. The obvious answer for this could be as simple as the owner of the role, if they're town and this is accurate, might not wish to out themself for role-related reasons or otherwise. Which is completely understandable and why I'm not looking at this too hard. I just... Am really suspicious of something like this showing up as early as D2.

This said, I agree that lynching angel does provide the most information regarding whatever this role might be. If it's a ruse, we do at least learn the mafia can tamper with interludes or create false ones, regardless of whether or not this was a one-off ability in the end.

I just. The timing is weird.

Vote: angelstar. I hope you can post before the phase ends for the reasons Mitsu outlined.

Kiyoko wrote:This is exactly how i feel tbh but since I realize that both neutrals count towards the ratio, we're actually not as bad off as I originally thought.

Yeah, this is something I haven't returned to since that knowledge came out. It... paints a new light on some things. The malicious third party seemingly must be removed for town to win, and as a result we can speculate their role and/or win condition probably impedes or harms town in some way, or at the least helps mafia.

At first I thought the non-malicious third party wasn't necessarily town-leaning, but probably was by virtue of the other being mafia-leaning. But now knowing that both third parties contribute to town's ratio, effectively... I kind of like this counter-balance since it means the non-malicious third party is inherently helpful, even if their win condition or mechanics might not be strictly pro-town like we hope/theorize. Also means even the malicious third party is still mildly helpful to town in the same capacity.

I kind of like this twist on neutrals insofar.

tl;dr: My gut says the pizza either has more mechanics or it may not be exactly as we think it is (i.e. probably a third party win condition). As such, I bolded a few questions for Blaire, if she sees them and can answer. I find the timing of the Interlude very unusual, but in the end it's a lead and I'm willing to follow it, I think. Third parties are interesting due to mechanics.

Edit: Huh. Reading that master post just brought something to mind. plot, are you willing to share any details on your bus driver comment? If not, it's cool. Just curious about something.

344Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Cure

Cure

If angel is town, I'm sure we'll be able to get something out of her after her death so I wouldn't worry too much about her not being able to say anything before she dies.

Lux stop being hung up on the pizza. I literally quoted an old neutral role in which it had THAT EXACT ABILITY (player is willingly stunned). This neutral role was used a lot on vdex.

At the very least it's not something we need to devote so much attention to.

345Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 23 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Jason Derulo....

Lux wrote:@ Blaire
When did this pizza arrive in your inbox?
right at the start of N1, bruh

What would have happened if you didn't reply or make a decision?
nothing about ignoring it was mentioned in the PM, but i recently asked the host, and i was told that it would have been exactly the same as if i refused the pizza, so nothing would have happened

If you ate it, all it said was that you'd be stunned? And it clearly mentioned a roofie in the pizza, or was that your embellishment?
ye, that's all it said

the term 'roofie' was my embellishment, because you can't hide this dank creativity

And nothing at all was listed as being a consequence of choosing not to eat it?
nop

Did it go away? Do you still have it? If you still have it, will you be forced to eat it after a certain time?
if i don't get any notifications on N2 i'll assume that it went away, but otherwise we just gotta wait n see. though regarding the alignment of the pizza sender, i have reasons to believe it might not have been from a neutral party, but again that's another thing we'll have to wait and see on

also Vote: angelstar b/c of reasons that's been talked to death already

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum