Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 36 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 62]

136Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:52 am

nautilus

nautilus

Hello, everyone.

Spoiler:

Phew.

Right now I guess I'm feeling a vote on people who haven't really posted with any speculation or comments on the night phase or on things people have said (which would mainly be chinomi, angelstar, She-Ra, maybe Rasei), though this isn't really based in any information or solid suspicion, lol, I just want to hear more from some folks.

I also second Lucas' question: are there unlimited votes in this game? I don't want to do rotating probing votes if, like, there's only one vote change this game

e: edited with tiki's song I WASN'T SURE,

Last edited by Nautilus! At The Disco on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

137Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:55 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

re: Malicious neutral
I've thought about this a fair amount already since it intrigues me. The presence of a neutral that presumably needs to be eliminated for town to win does... several things.

1. Presumably, mafia has a chance at killing or pushing a lynch on someone that's effectively on their team in spirit, if I'm reading it properly.

2. If town lynches the malicious neutral, while they lower what I would assume to be active threats, they also do not advance the ratio in town's favor. So in that way... Lynching the malicious neutral third party (this fits better if they're not neutral tbh) is rather not good at a close ratio, if we get to that point.

3. This also means lynching a neutral is a 50% chance of having a "good" outcome, if you will, without the downside of hurting town's ratio. The obvious bad outcome being the loss of mafia being able to NK that target, the non-malicious neutral's presumably pro-town role, and also not pushing the ratio.

So I find this... very intriguing. I'm used to neutrals just being this unbiased force that has little impetus to play and gets ignored more often than not. But it's a bit more complicated in this game.

Also, just realized. Mafia's win condition isn't hinted at needing the non-malicious third party dead, correct? If so and they do not parallel town in this regard, very interesting... There's a few reasons I can think of that being the case, but... anyway.

re: stunner/jailer alignments
I agree that it's not wise to dig too deeply into it, as there could be any number of distributions or explanations for last night phase. I stated my gut interpretation, but I would not be surprised in the least if some other variation showed up. I do think whatever alignment behind each, the options chosen were both a bit reserved and safe, if that makes sense.

@ Lucas
That is honestly an accurate observation in that the mafias I've been on tend to N0 targets like Katagi, though it was also always a group decision, so make of that as you will. There's obviously not much I can say beyond a mere, yes, that is accurate. Though, pls, I don't nefariously laugh during such things.*

re: vote
My heart says no lynch for once, but my head says there should always be a lynch. I don't really have anyone I'm favoring for it right now. Has She-Ra-Ra posted? That'd be cool, but otherwise uhhh. Going to sit on it for now.

p.s.
I could make my name Luxariana Grande. But I've never listened to her and have no overwhelming desire to, so. Could do Ellie Goulding's Leave The Lux On, but that sounds weird.

I mean I still have literally "aria" in my name so I mean

gestures

(*actually, real talk, while visiting Fia we played a card game with her friends, and I played a card that said if I did a loud and evil laugh whenever someone lost, I got to draw a card. And then I never laughed because shy sheep irl tbh)

138Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

We're straight up required to vote for a player or NL, according to the rules (there's an activity check on votes) so uh. I wouldn't be against a NL at the end of this phase but I'd rather a discussion rather than a straight NL bandwagon, so I'm going to through out some votes first.

vote: Tiki The Tralala for now, for no real reason except that I want him to explain

Tiki The Tralala wrote:I am immensely disappointed by this rollover.

that post. Is there something you were expecting to happen that didn't happen or?

I'll very likely unvote and revote someone else once we figure out how many vote changes we have, because I straight up don't have anything against Tiki in particular.

Since I'm pretty sure at this point that nobody has an ability like mine I'll just switch to plan B. It does sound like Five has come up with some really interesting roles though since a few people have mentioned having unorthodox abilities so I'm excited to see how this all goes.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

139Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 am

nautilus

nautilus

Luxaria wrote:Also, just realized. Mafia's win condition isn't hinted at needing the non-malicious third party dead, correct? If so and they do not parallel town in this regard, very interesting... There's a few reasons I can think of that being the case, but... anyway.

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday when I commented on the malicious neutral's possible win condition/ability. My immediate gut reaction is that non-malicious third party's ability and win condition is less particularly damaging to either side and they're more true neutral in that regard since mafia doesn't need to remove them to win, but this is just me circling the drain on this point.

I do think given that the malicious neutral has a chance of accidentally being killed or lynched by mafia (unless they're in communication with each other??) we should probably prioritize them last after the rest of the mafia, but we should effectively treat the ratio as 10:5:1 anyways.

re: Tiki the Tralalala: I wonder if that post has anything to do with his comment during your Role SearchTM:

Tiki the Tralalala wrote:Do you have a role that could severely disappoint the same person, and only that person, over and over if used every night, in a way that would not show up in rollover?

140Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:re: Tiki the Tralalala: I wonder if that post has anything to do with his comment during your Role SearchTM:

Tiki the Tralalala wrote:Do you have a role that could severely disappoint the same person, and only that person, over and over if used every night, in a way that would not show up in rollover?

Tiki the Tralalala wrote:would not show up in rollover?

tho?

Which is why I'm asking.

141Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:47 am

nautilus

nautilus

I have really terrible reading comprehension so idk if that tho? is a tho? of agreement about a possible connection or a tho? of "what are you talking about n!atd" l-lol but either way, I'm curious to see Tiki's response to your question. In before Tiki was just sad katagi died or something in the end

Anyways, I'm going to tentatively vote: justin chimberlake for now, but this is more of a "let's hear some thoughts from you" vote more than anything since I don't really have any strong opinions on anyone right now and chi was one of the four people I outlined as potential voting targets for probe votes

I'm not committed to this vote very strongly at all though, so I'll probably switch should chi post and reply to things in this game. Other than chi... I think Angel and She-ra haven't really posted at all this phase, either, so I'd like to hear from them, too.

142Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:48 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Eh, fine by me, I was going to explain it anyway. =D Well, explain as much as I can while trying not to give everything away.

Basically, I have an amazing, glorious role, but there's a single player out there who can decide to be super mean to Tiki and just make him vanilla every night, denying him the chance to have any fun all game. Because of that though, and the nature of my role, I have to assume they are either Town or Neutral. If they are a meanie Mafia then I will be a very sad troll. I've looked forward to the game immensely ever since I got my role PM.

LET TIKI PLAY

Based on what little I know, I'm more inclined to think the stun is Town aligned, while the jail is Mafia. This is all I'll say for now.

I do want to hear everyone's lynch preferences as well. I admit, been busy (hence not really posting till now), and at work till a tad after rollover now, so no guaruntee I'll get a good chance to really read over everything here (though work is super quiet in summer, an hell, I'm writing all this, all at once, on the clock now, so I'll hopefully get a chance for a good read) and suggest a good candidate.

That's all i'll do though: suggest. Because something else from what little I know, while we certainly need to discuss good candidates to lynch and whatnot, lynching someone every day, especially on days we don't have good leads, would probably not be the best choice this time around.

Vote: No Lynch, and nothing will disuade me from that.

143Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:26 pm

high seraph

high seraph

mitsu why the heck do u keep changing the style of the stupid quote in your signature oh my god

144Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:42 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hrm.

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't bring it up earlier (at least, make it more clear that something can interrupt with your role so badly) because wow having someone randomly interrupt your power and make you vanilla doesn't sound very pleasant at all, though you mention that you were going to explain it anyways so I guess Kiyoko and I were just expediting the process.

That being said, I'm wondering if the other person has some kind of trade-off with vanillizing you, because I feel like if there's some person who has the ability to nerf you badly, there's nothing stopping you from claiming that you're being affected by this other person and telling them to quit it... and in that case, if the person (assuming they're town or a neutral that wants to align with town) thinks you're town they'll probably stop, and then why have some incredibly specific nerf in the first place when it'd be so easy to stop it?

So I feel like if the other person is town, it's probably something like a dreamer catch-22 scenario where there's probably something more to this than meets the eye (in the case of a dreamer, a dreamer's abilities are interrupted whenever anyone acts on them, so they can't be protected or investigated without losing out on their investigation)...

Tiki The Tralalala wrote:lynching someone every day, especially on days we don't have good leads, would probably not be the best choice this time around.

I'm actually kind of curious about this, but I won't press if you feel like it's sensitive information or anything. Are you advocating for perpetual no lynching, or just careful lynching? I'm not suspicious of you for the record, but I'm just curious.

Lucas Gaga wrote:mitsu why the heck do u keep changing the style of the stupid quote in your signature oh my god

let me live

145Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Tiki The Tralala wrote:Because of that though, and the nature of my role, I have to assume they are either Town or Neutral. If they are a meanie Mafia then I will be a very sad troll.

are you malicious neutral tiki

146Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Five

Five

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 9LGirfm

No Lynch I
Tiki the Troll I
chinomi I
Luxaria I

Ninfia vs.
Cure vs.
Jason Derulo vs.
Kiyoko vs. Tiki the Troll
Ace vs.
ezzelin vs.
She-Ra vs.
chinomi vs.
Plotstickers vs.
Aeiou vs.
Rasei vs.
nautilus vs. chinomi
high seraph vs. Luxaria
Tiki the Troll vs. No Lynch
angelstar vs.
Luxaria vs.

147Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

maroon five, sorry if you have already answered this, do we have unlimited vote changes?

148Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Five

Five

Yes, sorry! Vote changes are unlimited until someone uses unlimited vote changes specifically to give me a hard time.

Also, a few clarifications of sorts, while I'm here, regarding the malicious third party. First, they do not count as mafia in the ratio--I don't think people were particularly confused about that, but I feel like I should point it out regardless. Second, they actually count against mafia's win condition, which is "their numbers are at least equal to the number of other players", as per the Rules section of the original post. A 4:4:1 ratio, regardless of which third party is alive, still means the mafia need to eliminate another player to win.

When this game ends I'm going to replace everyone's names in the player list with their thematic names. FOR POSTERITY. Seriously I didn't expect PRACTICALLY EVERYONE to join in on that fad.

Last edited by Maroon Five on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

149Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:
Tiki The Tralala wrote:Because of that though, and the nature of my role, I have to assume they are either Town or Neutral. If they are a meanie Mafia then I will be a very sad troll.

are you malicious neutral tiki

Neutral? No.
Malicious? Aruably. :D

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:
Tiki The Tralalala wrote:lynching someone every day, especially on days we don't have good leads, would probably not be the best choice this time around.

I'm actually kind of curious about this, but I won't press if you feel like it's sensitive information or anything. Are you advocating for perpetual no lynching, or just careful lynching? I'm not suspicious of you for the record, but I'm just curious.

Careful lynching. I'm just suggesting that mislynches might contribute to us losing Town even faster than usual.

150Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 10 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Maroon Five wrote:I feel like I should point it out regardless. Second, they actually count against mafia's win condition, which is "their numbers are at least equal to the number of other players", as per the Rules section of the original post. A 4:4:1 ratio, regardless of which third party is alive, still means the mafia need to eliminate another player to win.

Oh, now that is interesting.

Hm, hm, hm.

I guess we'll learn as we go, but there's some interesting things afoot.

Will do reads and vote later, be it a player or no lynch. I'll say I currently don't have much an opinion on the recent discussion surrounding Tiki and/or his role, however, but I'll think on that next post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 36 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum