Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

crossroads ✕ town win

+16
drandahl
Aeiou
Rasei
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
katagi
Entelechy
Cure
angel★
chinomi
Five
nautilus
Ninfia
Luxaria
Kiyoko
alcasync
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 38 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 52]

361crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Crypsis

Crypsis

:o i don't think there can be a drum solo unless someone can copy katagi's ability. My action told me specifically that katagi is the one that makes the drum line appear in rollover and now katagi is dead. Can dead people still send in actions?

Also I didn't know we could talk at night lol! that's why I wasn't here last night phase. i thought this was like, you know that party game where everyone has to put their heads down at night? are we allowed to strategize and stuff at night, too?

everyone is so good at this game though, all the posts are so long! I was reading all of your posts where everyone is making lists and talking about what the mafia is planning like (:°o°) how do you know all of this?

362crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Unless someone has an action that specifically says they can use it while dead, dead people usually can't act.

Also we can talk about whatever we want this phase, but it's generally not a good idea to tell everyone what you plan on doing, because anything you post in thread, mafia can read too, and since they can communicate with each other it's easier for them to coordinate actions to block town strategies.

As for the long specposts, don't worry about it! We all have no lives and play this game way too much. You kind of pick up a sense of what's considered suspicious or unsuspicious behavior as you go. Let us know if you have any questions or if you're having trouble following anyone's reasoning, though! In fact, it's a good thing if you do so because we might get more info out of people if they have to explain their reasoning more clearly.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

363crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Also, you seem to be in the clear this game, but if it ever turns out people just seem to start sum reading you in games and you can't figure it out, you can always talk to me about it!

I'm a pro at being baffling and "scummy." XD

364crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:32 pm

high seraph

high seraph

yeah, it's not entirely impossible that mafia copied katagi's role before she got lynched or that they have a post-mortem role copier they can use to get katagi's role back (although I'm pretty sure these kinds of roles are more commonly town-aligned than not? idk). But no, dead players can't normally send actions, katagi is gone for good :-)

And yes we are allowed to spec during the night phase, Saki! There's generally a lot less to talk about during the night though, because you don't want to give away what you're planning to do during the night phase, since they could readjust their own strategy accordingly. But yeah, we can still talk about the game or post memes and that kinda stuff.

(also jsyk theyre all nerd losers tbh ;w;)

kiyo ninja'd me but im still posting this anwyayy. holds sakis hand.

365crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Crypsis

Crypsis

ooaah :o thank you for the information!

How do you tell when someone is acting suspicious? teach me senseis i want to learn to be a cool detective like sherlock holmes (o ・`ω・´)o

366crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:38 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Kiyoko beat me to the point with respect to what I want to say, but yes! You can discuss and make theories in the night phase, but it's not really a good idea to plan out actions in detail in this phase. :>

If you're having trouble following arguments, by all means, ask though!! We are all here to help, but I think it's just... us having played a lot and figuring out patterns and stuff. Eventually you get the hang of it! People acting suspicious is also something you pick on as you go, too! You'll get the hang of it ♥

I have some things I want to say, but I'mma gonna take a break from this game to work on other things \o/

crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 26FxJ7Jx9D8BGk7gA

367crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Crypsis wrote:ooaah :o thank you for the information!

How do you tell when someone is acting suspicious? teach me senseis i want to learn to be a cool detective like sherlock holmes (o ・`ω・´)o

I've yet to sort this out myself. XD
Mostly though, it comes from getting to know everyone. =D Everyone has their own styles, and they all have their own tells. It's just a matter of sorting everyone out.

And since we tend to become friends here, a lot of us pick up pretty quickly what each others' quirks are! =D

368crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

yells

guys saki is so cute

Uh but seriously though. There aren't any hard an fast rules--it's kind of the nature of the game. Since town will be going like, "Hmm, [behavior] is suspicious!" mafia will be thinking, "I should do [opposite of behavior] so that I don't look suspicious!" and then town will be thinking, "Mafia knows that [behavior] is suspicious, so they might be trying to do [opposite of behavior] to trick us into thinking they're town!" and it goes around in circles forever.

The more information town has, the easier it'll be to find mafia. Sometimes, like what happened in the last day phase, someone will come forward with information that will help us find a particular member of the mafia and lynch them, but usually what happens is process of elimination (which is why everyone makes lists). It's easier to find reasons why someone is probably town versus finding reasons why someone might be mafia, so you pick out all the people who you think are town, and then you pressure the rest.

Your main goal is to uncover behavior that doesn't help town (for example, if someone stuns the player everyone knows is actually the doctor, that's not a really pro-town thing to do). Since mafia will occasionally lie about any anti-town actions they may have taken, you're also looking for clear contradictions. We caught a mafia in a recent game because the mafia member claimed to spend 9G on items on D1, when town only had 8G to spend, for example, so those kinds of things.

Really though, a lot of what this comes down to is gut feelings and knowing how other people usually play, which is something you need to pick up over time. For example, earlier in the thread, a few people including myself were like "Lux is suspicious because she's not posting as much," because we know that Luxaria tends to post a lot. She seems to have some irl stuff going on that's preventing her from keeping up with this game as much as she has in past games, but those are the kinds of things people will bring up.

Also a lot of the time, you'll get this weird feeling about someone and you think they're kinda sketchy but you can't really put your finger on why. Gut feelings can be surprisingly accurate, because when you feel off, it's usually for a reason, even if you don't know exactly what. So while you may not be able to convince other players to vote for someone you have bad feelings about by just saying "idk guys I'm getting bad vibes from this one," you shouldn't dismiss those vibes.

Everyone's got their own playstyles, though, so don't feel like I'm writing a textbook that you need to follow to the letter. Just be yourself, try a lot of things, make mistakes and learn from them, learn from other peoples' mistakes. You'll get the hang of it. :>

throws this wall of text here I need to get going but hopefully it's enough to start. Seriously, ask us questions if you have any, we're all happy to help.

369crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Yeah, what Kiyo said. Listen to her.
There's a reason she's almost always killed off first by the Mafia. XD

370crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:56 pm

Crypsis

Crypsis

I see i see! *Takes notes!* >w<)/ i'll do my best! i welcome all advice that anyone has. Let me know if i ever say anything stupid or wrong okay?

also what does spec mean?

371crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Short for "speculation."

And don't worry about saying something "stupid or wrong."
I've cornered the market in that regard.

372crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Tiki ninja'd me but.

Spec is short for speculation, which refers to anything someone says where they're trying to analyze a situation and make theories about what happened and who's who and all that jazz.

I think we generally use it to mean, "Any on-topic, informative post that adds to discussion"

373crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Cure

Cure

THERE'D BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER DRUM SOLO EVER AGAIN IN THIS GAME I WANT TO SEE ACTION FLAVOR BEFORE I DIE OF OLD AGE.

374crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

What you didnt know was I really role copied Katagi and now I'm going to drum solo yolo the entire game.

On a serious note about that I only had a two shot investigation and unfortunately my only result was Katagi (it told me who's actions were in rollover...) so RIP ;^;

375crossroads ✕ town win - Page 25 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Thu May 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Cure

Cure

Two shot? Shouldn't you still have a use of it, then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 38 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum