Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

crossroads ✕ town win

+16
drandahl
Aeiou
Rasei
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
katagi
Entelechy
Cure
angel★
chinomi
Five
nautilus
Ninfia
Luxaria
Kiyoko
alcasync
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 30 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 52]

121crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I feel dirty somehow

Why.... Pagetop.............

122crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Cure

Cure

Cure wrote:Stunners will also not be able to tell if they were redirected onto a new target.

We basically can't rely on stuns at all this game for any kind of information. There's no way to prove a stunner is actually a stunner and no way to prove the intended target was hit because stunners do not receive any sort of feedback information other than seeing the stun show up in rollover.

If a NK doesn't go through mafia can literally claim they stunned anyone to get them lynched, and then they can act surprised when said person flips town because "well maybe my stun was redirected."

I'm really curious why this decision was made.

123crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

tbh you can still throw stuns at people you think are mafia in an attempt to block the NK, even if you don't get feedback about whether or not your action went through, so I wouldn't say stuns are completely useless, and if someone's flavor shows up in rollover we know for sure that they weren't stunned. (Not that it helps for this phase.)

fwiw at least we know that Lucas apparently wasn't stunned, since his action went through.

Cure wrote:If a NK doesn't go through mafia can literally claim they stunned anyone to get them lynched, and then they can act surprised when said person flips town because "well maybe my stun was redirected."

Okay, so then we don't blindly lynch people if someone says they stunned them. Problem solved.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

124crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Actually thinking on it, since so much of this game apparently revolves around what flavor does and doesn't show up in rollover, if the drums really are just flavor wipe and nothing else I don't see any way for that to be a pro-town action.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

125crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:52 pm

high seraph

high seraph

Kiyoko wrote:Actually thinking on it, since so much of this game apparently revolves around what flavor does and doesn't show up in rollover, if the drums really are just flavor wipe and nothing else I don't see any way for that to be a pro-town action.

I agree with this. After thinking a little more about it, it's REALLY unlikely for this role to be town, and it makes perfect sense for mafia to use it asap (even if it can only be used a limited number of times). Since it will only take around 3 mislynches for the mafia to win, there'd be no point in waiting for the "appropriate moment" to use this role, because the best time for it to go off is when we have the least amount of information to base our lynch on. It's basically a race to see which team can lower the ratio in their favor faster lmao.

Because this role is almost definitely mafia-aligned, I think it's unlikely that chi is the drummer, since... I don't know why she would go out of her way to RP a role that could be interpreted this way?

126crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:56 pm

chinomi

chinomi

Mmmmmmuu... Then that means someone really did kiss the stars last night?

127crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Five wrote:It's possible the power is town-originating and blocks mafia actions while wiping the rollover, but I don't think that's particularly likely.

I doubt this is the case, because literally any night would be better to use it on the N0? I mean, its possible, but this really seems to be a mafia action, because I don't see it benefiting town (unless there is that hidden, double-edge component).

Hmmm.... stuns and protects don't show up in rollover. I had forgotten that. Huh. If we all claim how many actions we are going to send (but not what they are) in in the night, and then we compare that to the number of actions we see in the rollover, we could get a count of how many protects/stuns there are combined.

Wait, that count would be useless, since the stunned actions wouldn't show up either, and we wouldn't know how many stunners stunned each other, and the data would be essentially meaningless. I'll still leave this here in case anyone can salvage anything from this idea.

128crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:01 pm

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

Aww, and I had wanted to see the rollover flavors too.

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing if my action went through last night or not. Also, considering the drum roll was basically a Janitor rollover wipe, I'm willing to believe that was a mafia action.

Re:ratio, I was wondering, would town millers be reflected as mafia on the ratio? I think I remember host!alca saying the ratio might be a bit funky a few pages back

Ninja'd a bunch of times

Edit: Okay so yeah millers can affect the ratio hmmm

Last edited by Ace on Mon May 16, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

129crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

I have no way of knowing if something would have interfered with my action because I didn't send one in...

EDIT: WAIT! I forgot I did decide to, I'm sorry, I changed my mind shortly before I left for class and forgot. Yeah. No one to know if my action went off, anyway : P

130crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:15 pm

nautilus

nautilus

high seraph wrote:Because this role is almost definitely mafia-aligned, I think it's unlikely that chi is the drummer, since... I don't know why she would go out of her way to RP a role that could be interpreted this way?

Yeah, I was thinking about this... chi would probably know going into this game that I, at least (idk about anyone else) would be at least baseline familiar with what she picked so idk anymore, man. Now that evidence suggests it was a wipe, given more than one person has suggested actions (at least some) went through last night I... don't know anymore about her being the drummer, haha. I definitely know what character she is from her RPing (unless she is lying and RPing someone that's not her character at all!!!), though.

Chi, what do you think about the rollover?

re: stuns - I can think of one incidence where having stuns be essentially invisible is a mild benefit to town; plus, given their utility in blocking the NK I think stuns do have some use in this game! That being said, I do think this mechanic is interesting, and it means we can't fall back on "no NK let's look at... possible... stuns?"

131crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:22 pm

chinomi

chinomi

MMMmmnnn... It lacks a lot, doesn't it? Rather unexciting; no pizazz or pop or motion or melody at all. How disappointing! What would the great artists of past generations say about it?! Wouldn't they simply criticize seeing something so empty? So barren? No direction at all! None! Ummmmmuuu... Though, it doesn't seem to have had an effect on others' inspiration, does it? Can't complain about that! WAHAHAHAHA!!!

Though, if others can compose and create then the ability to tear and destroy still exist, right? Hiding things behind a wall does not affect what goes on behind them, whether it be a knight on guard or a rebellion.

Last edited by chinomi on Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

132crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Chi, are you roleplaying?

Could there be writing quirks in this game?

133crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 pm

chinomi

chinomi

I'M JUST YOUR REGULAR NEIGHBOURHOOD CHINOMI. NO TYPING QUIRK HERE.

134crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

My first thought upon seeing that ratio is that there are perhaps some townies who are recruited into the mafia once they're hit with an NK, but cannot communicate with the mafia until they are recruited. There's also the idea that Kiyoko brought up that there may be a ton of protects and stuns.

I'm pretty bummed that we didn't see any rollover to at least give us an idea of how to speculate going into this lynch and the night phase. As it has been stated, a no lynch is probably in the town's interest since there hasn't been a kill yet and the ratio can put us in a dire situation pretty quickly.

rubs chin thoughtfully. I'm inclined to believe that the mafia doesn't have a vig kill based on the ratio and another reason, at this point. This is 100% speculation outta my ass but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mafia jail? and with six mafia members, maybe a mafia stunner too. I think that the mafia is probably going to have a lot of actions that don't necessarily kill their target.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

135crossroads ✕ town win - Page 9 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I'm 85% sure my ability went through. So far, I'm not sure if I want to lynch anyone yet. It would be against my policies if someone was killed but was an innocent. Hell, I'm against anyone being killed, even if it's for the greater good. After all you don't see Bats killing people every other minute in most universes... well there is that one universe that has Bats killing several people but I'm pretty sure that was because he lost Jason and before he got Tim. And their is that one universe where he has Carrie and never had Tim that he killed people. And... I think I'm going to shut up now.

Anyway, Kiyoko, Lux, and Cure, do you think it's better risking a lynch now or wait until next day break. I'm still a bit buzz, so I'm not sure if I'm making good desitions. I don't want to end up like what happen in that spaceship... That was the second worse time I had in a spaceship. The first was when Ted got almost gotten eaten when he got trapped as a... well that isn't important. Everything about Ted is important. How he eats his sandwiches, how he protected people, how he got shot in the head. Rasei stops talking and starts sulking in a corner, trying not to get trapped in his thoughts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 30 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum