Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win]

+10
Aeiou
Five
Cure
Tiki The Troll
deo
Ninfia
plotstickers
Luxaria
Rasei
ezzelin
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 28]

Cure

Cure

Five wrote:I PLAY A SWASHBUCKLER, CURE. I told you this when we were mafia together like two weeks ago c'mon. I also discovered a new class today called the vigilante which has an archetype specifically designed to be a magical girl and I feel like I am at home someone PLEASE give me a Pathfinder game to play this class in.

oh my god I actually... send me a message on skype okay our DM is making wants everyone to make a vigilante because he wants to run a fucking wacky side campaign where literally everyone is vigilantes.

this post is useless I will actually read your post and get back to you on it in a minute.

LITERALLY MOST USELESS PAGETOP

Cure

Cure

Double posts because I DOn'T CARE.

Five wrote:Anyway, the dragon is slain and I have returned home victorious, but now I can't really say that much without hinting more than I'm comfortable with given the game's rules. I will say I am now pretty much certain that Sammie is town, or at least was originally.

Interesting.

Nickel wrote: Aeiou had also flipped town and revived, but given Plot pushing the lynch on her again after she came back and then flipping mafia, I highly doubt they both recruited her and pushed a lynch on her.
I... was actually tossing a theory around in my head that they might have recruited Vowels with the intention of getting plot to force a lynch on her and basically... clear plot as town. It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but yeah.

Nickelback wrote:Assuming Cure was town to begin with (which I am... INCLINED to think, but also Cure is scary and I'm not sure of and why hasn't there been a kill attempt on her), I doubt mafia tried to recruit her given that if she's telling the truth about the item she got they would lose a night phase if she was lynched. But assuming there was a chosen recruit, I feel like it could easily be anyone but those two.

WHY AM I STILL ALIVE?

Half a dime wrote:I don't know what it could be, unless Luxxxiepop is right about it having to do with the appearance of the mason role. However, when I think about masons, I think the out-of-thread communication is the core of the role, not the recruiting? Masons that recruit more people into their alliance seem the rarer variety if anything.

I don't think the mason role has anything to do with the mafia recruiter.

Five

Five

I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE STILL ALIVE, CURE. CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, BECAUSE I AM AT A LOSS FOR WHY NOBODY HAS COME AT YOU YET AND IT'S KIND OF STARTING TO CREEP ME OUT.

Cure

Cure

I AM REALLY BAFFLED. MAYBE MAFIA THINKS I'M LYING ABOUT THE ITEM I GOT TO LIKE BAIT THEM INTO KILLING ME AND THEN I"M A BOMB OR SOMETHING BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE I WISH I WAS SMART ENOUGH TO BLUFF THAT INSTEAD OF BEING REALLY STUPID AND ADMITTING TO HAVING AN ITEM THAT WILL SKIP THE PHASE AFTER I DIE LIKE... I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE THINK I'M MORE DEVIOUS THAN I ACTUALLY AM.

Rasei

Rasei

frowns but vote:Lux I might switch if you make a defence Lux.

Entelechy

Entelechy

My best guess is that they figure the protect is being used on you, Cure?

Cure

Cure

It would be a huge waste for the protective role to act on me every night.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Ah, right, I briefly forgot we've had three nights so far, sorry.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

HEY IM HERE AND IM BACKREADING

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Cure

Cure

stamps feet why is no one defending lux and why is she not here. if no one is defending her it means she's probably town but EVERYONE can't be town??

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm. Finally caught up. There are some things I want to go back and review, re: plotstickers, specifically, but I'll get to that after some thoughts. To address recent posts and comments:

Cure wrote:Something everyone should keep in mind is that traitor roles are often bulletproof until targeted for a kill in which they convert (sometimes the initial ratio reflects the traitor or does not update in order to keep them from being outed as soon as they convert (chi in lit maf, me in snowball bash) but I'm not sure how ezz decided to do it.). I'm not saying I think you're mafia for sure now, but I'm definitely not ruling you out as the traitor, especially since you survived a kill and then the ratio changed.

This is a good point, even if it's a bit awkward for mafia to have a traitor that flips in the same rollover the traitor is protected from a kill. That's just effectively a wounded town that negates a lynch if town quickly catches onto it. This said... If I'm reading the situation properly, plot's push on Aeiou makes no sense to me if they were both mafia, which also neatly covers the aspect of Aeiou being a theoretical mafia revived by a mafia, or even given a revive-conversion with a delayed ratio to make it less obvious or something to that effect. Plus I think the reviver has pseudo-claimed, unless I'm really reading something incorrectly. Meaning I am less inclined to vote for Duck, but I guess arguably nothing prevents them from having been recruited after the revive. I do not think an original maf!Duck and original!maf plot would revive a town just to push a lynch onto them, however.

Cure wrote:Tbh the person I'm most inclined to believe is town at this point is Plot, actually. And Tiki, because Tiki is reading extremely differently from how he does when he's mafia and there's really no reason for a mafia team + tiki to pull the stunt he did unless they like investigated vowels and learned she'd revive and convert upon death and decided to get town to lynch her so they didn't have to waste an nk killing her and they decided tiki was the most expendable player to carry out this plan but this seems incredibly convoluted and not likely even I wouldn't do this as mafia.

Hmmm. This feels a bit weird to me because earlier you more-or-less suggested we'd lynch Tiki if Vowels flipped town. Vowels did flip town, and then the person pushing a lynch on Vowels this phase was plot, who flipped mafia. Meaning the read on plot was inaccurate in this case (actually, this might explain why she claimed receiving a gift after Sammiya did for the sake of looking more town, I guess, which suggests to me that Sammiya is more likely to be originally town than not). Further, the revive in this context seems to originate from a town (at least at the time, recruitment pending) judging by how this phase has developed. To me it's not unreasonable that maf!Tiki might have been put forward to get a lynch on a town, the flip was doubted, and then when the revive happened another mafia tried to push the lynch. I agree that Tiki is behaving much more like his town persona than usual, though I will admit I was fooled by him in Katabasis so his playstyle might be less known to me these days.

I guess the main thing I'm concerned about is how Tiki pushed a lynch onto a town with strong conviction, the thread then assumed Vowels was tailored to look town, and then when a publicly flipped mafia is seen pushing the Vowels lynch, we ignore Tiki's involvement in all of this and just assume he had inaccurate or broken information.

Cure wrote:I am pretty sure the revive/convert has nothing to do with the mason role, however.

What listed role makes more sense for any form of conversion than mason, though? Mason is the only one in the list that I can see being extended or bent to include the unconventional representation as a recruitment role.

plotstickers wrote:I think Tiki's being truthful about his results since it seems like a difficult role to fake. I can see a town player bringing up results that might be potentially wrong, but mafia needs to know they can reliably fake them  for ratio reasons (e.g., Cure saying we could lynch him if he's wrong). While being truthful and having incorrect results aren't mutually exclusive, I'm leaning toward Tiki having correct results.

I want to go back and re-read plotstickers posts prior to this phase, which I haven't yet done, but this quote strikes me the wrong way for reasons previously outlined, re: a mafia reinforcing Tiki's claim when meanwhile a town, that was revived by a town, is being assumed as tailored and tunneled. Though this feels like it might be too obvious of a strategy for mafia to employ. Idk. The situation feels weird to me.

Re: The votes on me

Duck wrote:Lux is a mafia genius, so I think she could pull off spec as solid as she is offering while being mafia.

Cure wrote:Luxaria (Lux seems off like she's just posting enough to seem active and around but not actively proposing new theories. Kind of just rehashing everyone else's)

These seem to be the two main reasons I can see, with recent votes being just, "Lux has been inactive." I have been less active than usual the past few days due to some other matters coinciding with this weekend (LoL tournament, NaNo, illness). That's not an excuse, of course, but I do apologize.

I disagree that I haven't been contributing. Even my last post involved heavy speculation regarding the revive and recruitment and what it meant for the affected players, which seems to have mostly been accurate since the revive is more-or-less suggested/assumed to come from a town, and meanwhile a mafia pushed a lynch onto the revivee. Mafia's not going to have a revive and a conversion, and so given this, and my statements re: not seeing how a traitor fits into this game, especially with Nico flipping as town and being tunneled by mafia (the only Mu I could see being a traitor), that leaves the recruitment effect. Which I said probably wasn't on Fia if it's recruitment and not traitor, meaning I'd trust her to be one of the few true towns.

Who would be recruited? I can't guess. That's a heavy amount of WIFOM. A cleared target, a strong speculator, someone expected to be town, etc.

This is getting long, so I'll cut it short with this so I leave time to re-read some of plot's interactions and check things, but closing thoughts:

I am not inclined to immediately vote for Fia, given what I just said, and Five. Rasei was cleared as town (pre-recruitment), and of the two present claims that didn't come from Rasei, I'm willing to bet at least one was town, meaning I'm not immediately inclined to go for Sammiya, either. I'm not sure how I feel about Cure since she's playing pro-town, but the why aren't you dead aspect is kind of bugging me. Still, I don't like voting her out early. Aeiou seems town given the push from plot onto her. By proxy, Duck looks town pre-recruitment.

This leaves Tiki and Ace for me. Tiki for the involvement in the lynch with Aeiou and unsupported results, and Ace by process of elimination, though admittedly I have less of a firm read on Ace. I do find the double stuns on them to be curious. I don't know if they've been around much to defend themself this phase since a few comments went their way.

As far as the player that might have been recruited... I'm guessing it's not Five or Aeiou given how this phase developed. Fia depends on how we parse the conversion as traitor vs recruitment. Still, not immediately suspicious. Anyone else is kind of up in the air for me.

Cure

Cure

Tiki is pretty clearly town to me. Which is why I didn't push a lynch on him after vowels flipped town. I'm more inclined to believe someone tampered with his results than him pulling some sort of mafia gambit. It doesn't read like how maf!Tiki acts.

I reiterate that the mason role has nothing to do with the revival role.

This last post of Lux's seems different from her previous ones but all her posts have just been weird this game idk. I could see her being the mafia convert. :V

I already outlined a scenario in which Tiki could be mafia trying to make a gambit to off vowels and figured that Tiki was the most expendable and thus best to carry it out, but it still seems unlikely.

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

Hello hello, I feel a bit better now and has caught up, I think. here we go

Plot vigshot yay. We still haven't found the recruit/traitor yet though so that's a bit...scary.

Don't maf bulletproof roles exist? Based on all the weird targets we've been seeing in this game, I wouldn't discount the possibility of maf targetting their own to try to clear them. After the fact that Plot flipped maf despite everyone being pretty sure she was town, I don't know what to believe anymore (I'm not very familiar with your playstyles guys, so I'm going to take your words for them).

Here are my thoughts on everyone from the top of my head:

- Ace - super cool

- Rasei - confirmed town, but with the changed ratios, is anyone really confirmed town /stares into the distance

That said, I don't think maf would recruit a vanilla unless they want to mess with us. Actually, given how maf has all these weird targets, this is still a possibility.

- Aeiou - flipped town then revived. She acts the way she has always acted and isn't around very often so I can't get a good read on her. Tiki saw her act on deo, but she says she has not acted on any of the NKs. Probably town, I think

- Sammiya - stunned two nights straight, claims to have had an investigative stun before it got replaced by an item. Hmmm, the only investigative stun I can think of is it stuns the opposite alignment and doesn't do anything if used on someone in the same alignment? I remember having a power like that before except it only stunned maf and a few other people and does nothing to town. Anyway, Five believes she is town so there's that.

- Five - I haven't seen them around that much, but seems to have some information and is positive that Sammie is town. Aside from that....err, I got nothing

- Tiki - some kind of investigative role that saw Aeiou act on deo for some reason. Might be town with the way he was sure of his results. At the same time, the situation feels awfully convenient. I have my reservations with his towniness

- Ninfia - bulletproof, was NK'd. Like I said, I wouldn't clear her just yet. See above re:maf bulletproof.

Okay, so I reread the OP and it said killproof so I'm assuming she's both lynchproof and NKproof which it makes it less likely that she's maf? Unless it was a one-shot that maf used for a gambit but that's my paranoid talking

- Luxaria - holy blocks of text. I honestly don't feel like going for a lynch on them, though that's probably because I'm not seeing something/not reading too much. That said, I also have little reason to believe that she is town so there's that. I just haven't seen anything incriminating just yet.

- Cure - has been ringing my bells since d1 tbh but that's how I usually am with active speculators. Still not dead. Seems to be softclaiming a role. Has an item that skips phases, which makes it even more weird that she's not dead yet hmmmm

- Entelechy - I'm inclined to think duck is town tbh because it just feels weird to have a maf talking the way he does. Wifom is still a thing

This has been ace's musings.

By process of elimination, that leaves my vote to Tiki or Cure. Both has been playing pro-town but Tiki's results and the lynch just seems too convenient to me. And while one could say maf!Tiki will never do that, I believe one can switch their playstyles around to seem less suspect (ie. Plot) vote: Tiki

Oh god, typing this up on a phone is a chore omfg

There were a lot of posts that went through as I typed this but I want to post this now so here you go

@Lux; I don't see what I have to defend myself from? Or did I miss something??

Last edited by Ace on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cure

Cure

I think Ace and (or) Lux are mafia.

Pretty certain on Ace now though after that last post. Would make sense if they're maf together given how hesitant he seems to be on voting Lux.

ezzelin

ezzelin

Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 20 Vote_tally_by_amashimono-d9yi4cq

Cure vs Entelechy Aeiou Entelechy Luxaria
Sammiya vs Entelechy
Plotstickers vs Aeiou
Rasei vs Aeiou Luxaria
Tiki vs Aeiou
Entelechy vs Luxaria
Ace vs Tiki
Totals!
Entelechy I
Luxaria III
Tiki I

Sponsored content