Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Town Edition

+21
Aeiou
nautilus
angel★
Pan
T3tsuya
chinomi
deo
high seraph
Ardonye
drandahl
lulu
plotstickers
eleni
Sammiya
Mr. Gerbear
Rasei
Entelechy
Five
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Cure
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 34]

211Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I...... was not notified of this thread updating like..... did I accidentally unsubscribe...

We really aren't getting a real ratio anymore ever are we

Also @lulu the last time I used my power was the night right after Plot resurrected, because someone asked in case the butterfly had extra powers.

Why page top

212Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

lulu wrote:may there be many dog treats in the post-death waiting room
where are they

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Golden-Retriever

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

213Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:11 am

chinomi

chinomi

Original post:

214Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 am

chinomi

chinomi

Original post:

215Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 am

chinomi

chinomi

Original post:

216Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:48 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

the treats are a lie

vote: lulu????????

217Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 am

high seraph

high seraph

drandahl wrote:Don't downplay Lucas's contributions. He can play mafia and video games and look pretty.

Re-reading your posts, Lucas. Is there anything major around Chinomi you've hinted at, or should I feel comfortable not having to read between lines?

ITS TRUE I CAN DO ALL THOSE THINGS.

Also, I'm not gonna go through the thread(s) in order to verify this, but out of all claims made until now, chi's is honestly the whackiest. I mean, the only restriction I have when sharing my own results is that I can't quote the hosts directly (see: me trying to paraphrase nautilus's role PM over the course of, like, five consecutive posts). This means that chi has been coming up with those poems and whatever all on her own, and I hIGHLY doubt that she has real restrictions that prevent her from sharing her ""results"" in a more direct and productive way. Besides, isn't that a really easy claim to fake? Town has been actively trying to figure out what all book titles are from as soon as N0, so she'd have PLENTY of stuff to work with regardless of what her role is. I could fake having a role like that.

It would still be a flimsy claim, but I could do it.

To be honest though? I'm not 100% sure. But what do you want, I'm a mortician who has used up all that his role had to offer so I don't have any other primary means of getting information. I'm ASLo not really in the mood to go over every little fact that has happened througout the game to finally round up the mafia. SO yEAH IM KIND OF GOING OFF INSTINCTS HERE. BUT ITS GOOD INSTINCTS.

If chi isn't mafia, then I'll inevitably hit a logic wall and I'll have to assume that Lux is mafia, which doesn't make sense no matter how you think about it, but it will be the only option left. Do you think Lux is mafia, dran? No you don't. I get u. I know how u feel. It's frustrating. That's why we need to lynch chi next. She should have been lynched on the house phase tbh.

The only other explanation I can see is if the ratios are really screwed up and T3t is mafia and revived eleni + flipped her alignment (which would actually make the 3M in the ratio make sense, but, no nonon nonononoon no no no i'm never gonna play mafia again if this is what's going on here do you hear that hosts you dont wanna do that to me ok i've already cried about fire emblems yesterday I dont wanna cry more i'm gonna be dried out of tears). But the hypothesis of T3t being mafia makes as much sense as saying that Lux is mafia: none.

Now, I know you guys are gonna want to lynch Gerry, but he is t o wn. And this is not even instincts this is a real fact that everyone should embrace. Accept. Absorb. Metabolize. It's part of u now.

edit: i ALREADY MISS MARIYA

218Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:30 am

high seraph

high seraph

chinomi wrote:LUCAS I AM NOT MAFIA CHILL THE FUCK OUT

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Chill10

219Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:28 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

high seraph wrote:edit: i ALREADY MISS MARIYA
<3

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 F57177330d584576feb45aae55c70de7

i haunt this thread in search of the promised treats

220Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:48 am

drandahl

drandahl

Ugh Mariya, you feel more like Old Yeller now. Dog ghosr is such a sad thing.

221Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:23 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hm, as a counter-point, Lucas. My results actually give me images of each symbol (you can see all of them on the wiki I linked in my post, or just googling "alethiometer" to find them). I decided not to directly copy/paste links to the images, but I did say each symbol by name and in order. The hosrs never had anything to say against this.

From my perspective, it's not unreasonable for there to be another role that gets some unusually defined results, and I don't know the restrictions as to whether or not she can directly copy/paste, or if she rewrites them, but it's not impossible that she could post into the thread.

It is a role that could be faked, but she actively posted each result as early as D1 before we knew much about the game. Unless she had really good guesses about books? Or she were mafia and wrote about mafia books in advance? That makes me feel like it's... more genuine. Maybe she actually did write each poem as a way to share results after only receiving information from the night phase, but then this would mean that the whole sunset aspect is a lie.

The main point I'll concede, though, is that it is really weird that she cannot talk about her role at all. This is a restriction that does not fit into what I know about the hosrs, but it might be a safeguard against her being a town that can outright claim reverse-miller--and the reason this keeps leaping to mind is Five's results on chinomi, which makes my results really screwy, but... Alternatively, she might have some self-reviving thing. I actually forgot if Five said the third thing was that she could revive others or just herself or something. Also, it might be none of these things and she is mafia like you suggest. I... can't really tell. I actually do think she is genuine, which is complicated because that narrows the pool down a lot.

I'll probably offer my thoughts on each player before rollover. I'm maybe (?) unlikely to be NKed given everything else, I think, but it doesn't hurt to say.

Edit: I suppose one thing that could be done to check chinomi is see how closely her poems match the books. Dylan, the I, Robot poem. How close is it in tune with your book? The specific shields mention throws me off because that's more your role than your book, right? I don't know the book, admittedly. I got the impression that poem was meant for Tiki at first.

222Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am

eleni

eleni

/pats ghost doge... mafia or not, you deserve treats ; W;

(ftr i still think mariya was maf because her role didn't make sense to me compared to all of the other roles that have been revealed so far)

anyway, ugh. this is pretty demoralizing. at this point i'm pretty convinced there's a mafia janitor role who can "scrub"/obscure alignments in rollover. /eyes everyone whose roles haven't been proven 100% in rollover <o><o> which is like... most people cries. however, i do think town is much closer to winning than the ratio implies........ if only we could verify that somehow

i guess i'm still... more inclined to think chi's town because of how early in the game she started posting those role hints?? as a mafia ploy, that doesn't really make sense to me... maybe i'm just being naive tho i'm not the type of player who makes gambits like that as mafia, so... /o\ i do agree that it's a little strange that she has kind of limitation on what she can share, but idk

also wasn't Tet planning to do something dramatic?? i was waiting for something exciting to happen tbh

and oh god i can't be mafia that would be the worst and it wouldn't be fair for me to flip mafia after revival without even knowing!!! at this point i'm getting so paranoid i'm even suspicious of Tet being mafia though. HOW RIDICULOUS WOULD IT BE IF HE WERE MAFIA AND REVIVED A TOWNIE JUST TO CLEAR HIMSELF. this doesn't explain his being the n0 NK target tho. or were there more redirection shenanigans in play than we know about??? mitsu did say there are four redirection roles... the whole bomb thing could be a bluff. anyhow don't mind me i'm just making up conspiracy theories

223Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, well if we're going down this road.

What I was implying to lulu is that my leading theory, which is absolutely crazy and will get words yelled at me, is that it's possible Tet might be mafia with a revive role and revived a town.

This... is such a crazy theory that it makes no sense, but I did start to wonder how feasible it might be. If mafia had a revive role that wasn't on themself (like whatever plot had), it makes no sense to revive a mafia or scummy person (regardless of alignment flips). Unless you just didn't claim the res, I guess, the only option seems to be to res someone pro-town. But then this adds to the ratio, right? That's not a great result for mafia, even if it kind of clears them?

Unless the person you res doesn't actually count towards the ratio, or you can control their vote, or their role action, or something or other. I actually checked to see if it was fake by prompting eleni into discussing and voting. I've been watching her and either she is unbelievably good at acting, or she's town. I think she's town. She feels far too genuine. WORST-CASE SCENARIO, she thinks she's town and she's actually not. Which is a really shitty thing to do to a player, so that feels unlikely.

So for that matter, lulu is irrefutably town. drandahl's claimed doctor, and it makes sense. Is it weird so many protects got off with so much redirection? I have no idea, dude. But he fits into the puzzle and I have no reason to suspect him. Maybe if we got down to, like, the final 3 and it was him or someone like lulu, then I'd start to say, "Okay, well something's not adding up." Until then? Town.

Gerry feels town, and my results also suggest it. Lucas is in the same boat, and at this point if I went down the line, after chinomi he's the next "logical" one for me to go after because all I have is a gut feeling and the result I had on Blaire's lynchers. chinomi fits into this, too, and she's more of a puzzling piece than Lucas. Lucas' role doesn't... I mean, from my results on mafia's roles, I didn't see anything that said "death+learning", suggesting mortician. There were some things that suggested "change+learning", which could be this role copier and/or weird disguiser / janitor business we keep running into. I don't know.

I did see resurrection, which I took to mean plotstickers, and it makes sense... it's possible that another symbol was meant for plot? Or another symbol for whatever resurrection mafia might have? I don't know? So my results seem to conflict with the theory, and logic says it's far too crazy.

But the reason why I'm intrigued by this theory is because... I said last phase the hosrs make roles that people would like. Tet's got this aura of commanding people. I could see his resurrection role having more to it than just "revive a target", where instead he gets complete control of that player, or this player doesn't count for the ratio, or he counts double, or something weird like that. The reason why I'm even willing to think this at all is because... his D1 town claim rested on eleni saying she redirected off of him, and we never learned anything much beyond "possibly bomb" until he ressed eleni. I've been following his votes and noticed he kept making weird qualifying statements around player lynches and alignments, and he kept wanting to lynch players that seemed so town to me that it felt weird he'd disagree, which is why I started using my role to check against the players he wanted us to lynch (like deo).

I don't want to misread this situation, though. I feel like lulu had a similar idea by attempting to jail Tet two nights ago. She then jailed my at the time second pick of "possibly mafia in a crazy world??" in Lucas. But then if mafia is down to one or two like we think, mafia's not going to send the NK in through Duck/Dog, whichever was mafia (100% at least one of them was, I'm sure of it), so... if not them, and not the people lulu jailed, then who sent in the NK?

The only reason I'm putting so much thought into this is because if my gut reads on every player is right, then the only one left out is Tet. Of course my gut reads could be wrong, in which case, going down the line, chinomi and then Lucas are next in line. Not because either of them are scummy to me, but more because... it can't be the other people, can it?

I will say one reason why I feel confident in Dog being mafia is because she was very evasive and used logic that made no sense at all to me. It felt too much like she was following a plan to make something happen. Couple this with the fact that Tet really wanted to avoid lynching her, when logically she had the least amount of pro-town aspects to her beyond the mega-posts... it just felt really weird. Lucas was also opposed, but Lucas has a weird history of thinking mafia is town, and town is mafia (it's kind of hilarious, tbh, I got to see it happen as a host--it was magical).

I don't know. We don't even have an accurate ratio to fall back on. It's just scum reads, gut reads, claims, and the facts of player interaction across past phases at this point.

224Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Lux wrote:I HAVE LOST MY MARBLES

Lux I was the night kill target the first night and revived a town. This is provable. That's without me saying a word in the entire game.

I still think Ardonye was town. She didn't have the least amount of pro-town aspects to her. Gerry has literally disappeared since his big defense. There are better options. I still think this.

You are basing your headcanon for my powers based on my own personality and not my role.

Putting "Weird qualifiers" to my lynches usually meant "This is the wisest course of action given the limited information I have". Given the chance I would have lynched deo all over again in the same instance. It would have given good information.

Even if Lulu jailed me because she had the same idea as you, nothing happened.

What are you doing?

If you're putting that much thought into it and your gut reads on every player is to lead your investigation to the guy who was targeted for a kill first and then revived probably THE MOST ANNOYING TOWN TO DEAL WITH SO FAR in a time when ratio was already pretty bad, your gut is wrong and you need to reevaluate it.

eleni wrote:
also wasn't Tet planning to do something dramatic?? i was waiting for something exciting to happen tbh

Yeah. Oops. Didn't happen. Didn't realize just how DEAD and devoid of ACTUAL GOOD OPINIONS the thread would be LUXARIA.

Lets fix that to further prove Luxaria is actually losing her mind.

Chinomi / Gerry. Who is more deserving of being put to the sword right now in everyone's opinion? I want fast answers.

Last edited by T3tsuya on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

225Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Cure

Cure

OuO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum