Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Town Edition

+21
Aeiou
nautilus
angel★
Pan
T3tsuya
chinomi
deo
high seraph
Ardonye
drandahl
lulu
plotstickers
eleni
Sammiya
Mr. Gerbear
Rasei
Entelechy
Five
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Cure
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 34]

226Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

All I was saying is that I'm trying to find some explanation given the setup of the thread presently, and since others had started commenting on the "what if", I went to explore it, too. I think it's absolutely insane in how much it requires to line up, but it's the only explanation I can find other than "my gut reads are wrong". Which in that case, I said chinomi and then Lucas make the most sense to poke just due to how the pieces have fallen into place. I still think Gerry is town given my results. He sounded town, his situation felt like town, and he knew of plot's role through his role, from receiving actual information results. I don't think it's likely mafia would learn of an allied role through a role action? So...

For reference:

Question: I ask my alethiometer: Did Mr. Gerbear receive an information result on plotsticker's role abilities as a consequence of his own role action at any point during the game?

Answer: Sun, Sun, Sun

Meaning: Truth

227Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:22 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Then is so many words you've chosen Chinomi. Tell me why or why not

If your ultimate conclusion was "My gut reads are wrong, Tet is maf" why did you do no investigating of that subject?

Give a full list of all your questions and results relating to who you have 'cleared'. Now I'm curious about something.

228Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:45 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I actually had you as a default question for two phases. Hosrs post-game can confirmed I sent in the immediate question, "Is Tet the same alignment as me?" on two separate nights before changing it to questions that felt more pertinent, since you felt town. I also abandoned these thoughts when you revived eleni, by virtue of mechanics.

Full list of questions and results:

N0:
N1:

--Stopped asking N2 / N3 for reasons previously disclosed--

N4:
N5:

--N6 was a phase end and I hadn't sent something in--

N7:
N8:
N9:
N10:
N11 - Tonight:
Though I was thinking of ways to narrow down tonight's question. This theory only came to mind yesterday. I'm trying to ask mechanics questions since, as previously disclosed, I think the current alignment obfuscation is hampering my results to that end. Hosrs have suggested this would happen last week, too.

Re: chinomi

The reason why I think chinomi might be more likely is given the weird restrictions around her role, plus Five's strange results on her earlier in the game. But she was able to write about Blaire early on, which means either she had a really lucky guess or they're both mafia and she knew of Blaire's book. But for that to be the case, given the weird results, and also the fact that Blaire flipped town... for the latter to be true, both would have to be mafia millers. Considering how many other crazy effects are in play, that seems... implausible?

Gerry did sort of die down in participation--as I noticed happened for a few people I "cleared", which made me apprehensive--but unless my results are literally lying to me, Gerry wouldn't get a role result on his own teammate, right? That is just... weird?

One final thing to note is that my N1 question only extended to N1 actions. We later discovered the question "Who voted for Blaire?" didn't preclude all phases, and prior to Rasei, Lucas, and chinomi lynching Blaire, Ardonye and lulu had both voted on her. But since one question only went back to the most recent phase in question, it seemed probable this was the case for that particular result, too? Several others commented on it.

229Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Lux wrote:Though I was thinking of ways to narrow down tonight's question.

What is there to narrow down?

Is there any reason you're asking vague questions of the very specific circumstance that I might have the even more specific skill of mind controlling my revive target? Which is, again, based entirely on my personality and not the book that mandates my role.

It seems at this point in the game where there are literally only one or two mafia left it would make even more sense to ask no-nonsense direct questions like you did before along the lines of"Is Tetsuya the same alignment as me?", but it seems like you're being intentionally obtuse for some reason. It is far better this point to literally clear each person systematically down the line because there are so few possibilities left. But you're not, and I would like to know why.

230Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Ie6MZja

INTERMISSION

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 7EH3Fbt

SAMMIYA was revived.

231Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

T3tsuya wrote:It seems at this point in the game where there are literally only one or two mafia left it would make even more sense to ask no-nonsense direct questions like you did before along the lines of"Is Tetsuya the same alignment as me?", but it seems like you're being intentionally obtuse for some reason. It is far better this point to literally clear each person systematically down the line because there are so few possibilities left. But you're not, and I would like to know why.

Luxaria wrote:@ lulu
I'm not sure if those will work. Let me find my comments from before...

Last night phase, I asked:

Luxaria wrote:Question: How many of the players that are currently alive are able to send in the mafia's factional night kill?

Answer: Moon, Moon

Result: Mysery

Luxaria wrote:My intent was to ask how many players in the game are able to send in the mafia NK.

In other words, how many players are mafia without outright asking it. Because if I ask questions that directly try to bypass the roles of others (in this case, if I asked how many mafia were alive when the ratio has been messed up / hasn't changed several times), the hosrs have hinted my results would reflect the reality of the situation. So in this case, the misinformation bleeds over into my results. This is why I tried to change track with Gerry's question and get creative, but then I got lazy on deo's question and now he's flipped town, anyway.

Soooo. I tried to see if asking a question built around mechanics would work, rather than an outright "how many mafia are there?"

Answer: It didn't work. Not at all. I don't get to know how many mafia are still alive.

So, I'm not sure if those questions would work or not. I actually had a doc of prepared questions I update as necessary so I can send one in right away in the event of a third goddamn phase end. I wish I started doing that sooner. One such is:

I ask my alethiometer: Over the course of the game from Night Zero until the start of Night Eight, have any of the players that have died, with the exception of nautilus, had their publicly revealed alignments differ from their alignment provided in their role PM?

I didn't send it in at the time, but I could try something like this, or modify it to only be mafia-centric. Alternatively, I have one I sent in already to test a theory I have. It's not related to chinomi. I could share it, if you're really curious. I think you might have had a similar thought as this theory, if I'm reading you correctly and know you as I do. I'm also open to suggestions and thoughts.

I can literally ask if you're the same alignment as me, but I don't know if it will work. It did work on deo a few phases ago, but since then there have been more obfuscating effects and it's making me leery (paraphrased this before when I explained it, but here it is in full: recently, hosrs stated that asking of "true alignment" is the same as "alignment" and that my results will not invalidate the roles of others, aka I think misinformation spreads into what I get in my results, thus the "mystery" result last night). I also sent that question right at rollover when I first had the weird thought and I have not changed it since then, since I was waiting to see what discussion / further thought would bring up.

My problem came from the fact that I couldn't think of how to ask a mechanics question that would cover your role while revealing alignment. For example, a straight-forward "Did he revive eleni?" would return "yes" unless you claimed for someone else, which I doubt. Asking, "Did a town Tetsuya revive a town eleni back into the game as town?" was a question I actually submitted in a previous phase, but then I changed it--I think to the one about Gerry? Reason being that monitoring the thread saw no reason to suggest you were anything other than town. This is a thought that's kept in mind since a mafia reviving a town makes no goddamn sense. I only started thinking of the possible theory last phase given my convictions on Ardonye, some voting statements I didn't agree with, and the thought that if chinomi was town, then the only thing that would make sense is you or Lucas as mafia. So I wanted to test that via questions.

Bear in mind I was also asking the question for the sake of eliminating this one possible and very specific theory in my mind: read, that you could control eleni. If you can't, then I saw literally no way in which you're mafia. And in that case I was going to focus speculation / votes around what I highlighted to you previously. I figured asking about chinomi would be fruitless, unless I asked mechanics questions about her, considering my previous result coupled with Five's ("Chinomi is: 'Town / Mafia / Can revive players' - One of these is false"). Combine that weird result with the other things I mentioned, it would seem unreliable?

Lastly, the reason I didn't revisit the previous question of town Tet reviving town eleni is precisely for the reasons I've quoted several times now. Bear in mind I was just going to keep this theory to myself and test it via question, but I saw Lucas and eleni wondering about it, and I think lulu had as well, so it seemed appropriate to voice my thoughts. Remember, I WIFOM into space. I was only trying to figure out a universe in which chinomi isn't mafia. And I wanted to test that universe. This is why I'm also more okay with choosing her over Gerry, given the circumstances I highlighted last post. Maybe my reads on either or both of them are drastically wrong. I was at least right about quite a few players earlier in the game.

Anyway, you can suggest question(s) if you want. I'm still receptive to lulu's ideas, but I frankly don't know if they'll work given all that I've said.

p.s.

literally why @ intermission

the hosrs don't want this game to end. this is so stupid tbh.

though it does mean my question feels useless now because why would mafia have a double reviving role?

but why would mafia revive someone now.

I hate this game.

232Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 PT5MxzEnc

I LIED

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Rand_althor_by_reddera-d761cuv

"Young lady, you are entirely too obsessed and have far too much time. You need to get some sort of life. I suggest you go have an intense love affair. Doesn't matter with who, be it man, woman, or German Shepherd." - Robert Jordan, author of 'The Wheel of Time' series of books, to Luxaria

So when I hinted that I had Balefire in response to Luxaria's earlier statement. I wasn't being dishonest. I have that power and I am about to permanently delete somebody from the timeline. There is nothing anybody can do to stop it. It is instant and irreversible which is why I've been waiting until now to do it. I'm choosing Chinomi based on the information I have, the only talking somewhat established town in thread (Lux) thinking it's a better option than Gerry, and the want to actually just throw my power around because I've sick of waiting to make fireworks happen.

Or rather, I waited until two phases ago. The knowledge that I made the decision two days ago is just arriving to me now. I think Dran might be a solid choice too at this point, but if it comes to a head that he actually is the doctor, I'm not going to be responsible for erasing that.

So what I lied about was being a bomb.

I misdirected the popular opinion into believing I was a bomb at the earliest chance I could to give myself even more protection than I already had, but mostly I did it because I had the golden chance to frustrate the hell out of Mafia and establish my own credibility while leaving them unable to respond. It's worked. I'm still alive. Mafia was objectively never in a position where they could afford to try to kill me and call my bluff. I was able to speculate and prod in considerable safety. So even if this action royally fails in the most spectacular fashion, my play still resulted in a net gain for Town. It will continue to beyond this as well. One established and very hard to kill town was revived. Trust in my alignment and abilities, at this point, should be established to take me out of the equation. This leaves a very low number of people left.

For what it's worth. Here's my list right now.

CHINOMI
confusing role she's intentionally sideways with || likes Matthew

DRANDAHL
claims doctor || no clear examples of when he's been successful

MR. GERBEAR
investigation || town as far as we know || Cleared by Lux

LUXARIA
investigation || town as far as we know || has contributed a great deal

HIGH SERAPH
mortician || town as far as we know || has contributed a great deal

T3TSUYA
handsome || town

SAMMIYA
mafia

LULU
town

ELENI
town

After I strike down Chinomi with Balefire and destroy her thread in the pattern, I am spending my power and can't use this particular one again. Everything she has done since I killed her in the past will be unmade. You will remember her as she was, but the events simply will not have happened. If she's responsible for the recent Sammiya revive, that will have never happened as well, which is why I'm trying Chinomi over just directly countering Sammiya right now. If that doesn't work, start looking at Dran / Gerry.

Likely, I'll probably a very easy target from then on and as I have actively done everything in my considerable power to establish myself and frustrate Mafia, I will likely and reasonably be killed especially since keen eyed players will be aware I have another ability. That's why I'd like to dump everything I have right now so those who survive will be able to draw their own conclusions from my information.

Though after this things stand a chance of getting a little

W̤͎̩̯ͅE̮̺͓̲I̤͇͉͟R̥̫̟̬͡D̻̰͍̹̣̣

Fortune rides like the sun on high
with the fox that makes the ravens fly.
Luck his soul, the lightning his eye,
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Tsc_divider7_black

233Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Luxaria wrote:this is so stupid tbh.

No, your face is stupid

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

234Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Ie6MZja

INTERMISSION

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 JGEVZPT
“Unclose your mind. You are not a prisoner.
You are a bird in fight, searching the skies for dreams.”

CHINOMI was erased from the pattern.
She was HARD-BOILED WONDERLAND AND THE END OF THE WORLD by Haruki Murakami. She was MAFIA.

She cannot be revived. Any death abilities she may have are negated. Any actions she may have taken in the past two full phases have been undone.

235Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:35 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:
CHINOMI was erased from the pattern.
She was HARD-BOILED WONDERLAND AND THE END OF THE WORLD by Haruki Murakami. She was MAFIA.

Get the hell out of my timeline.

236Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

god I'm so fucking happy you got balefire.

It was my secret wish.

I WONDER IF THIS REVERTS PREVIOUS ACTIONS.

THAT'D BE SO COOL.

237Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Cure

Cure

3M:9T:1N

238Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay so I actually suspected you didn't have a bomb and you actually had Balefire vigilante, which is something I could see as mafia or town, which is kind of why I kept wanting to ask about you since I figured you lied about bomb and all I knew was there was a mysterious eleni revive. pls forgive, car'a'carn.

Considering chinomi just flipped mafia... I'm guessing your Balefire would also obliterate any post-death things, like flipping the opposite alignment, so that is probably her true alignment.

Also, this now makes me wonder if Five's results (Town / Mafia / Revive) was accurate and she was a mafia reviver?

If so, that was a clever ruse regarding chinomi's role, which also suggests Duck was actually town because she was using it to sound like he was mafia. Fuck.

Hmmm.

T3tsuya wrote:If she's responsible for the recent Sammiya revive, that will have never happened as well, which is why I'm trying Chinomi over just directly countering Sammiya right now. If that doesn't work, start looking at Dran / Gerry.

I'm still tentatively town leaning on Gerry, but I can agree with probing drandahl before lulu or eleni. What do you think of Lucas? I had him behind chinomi, but I'm inclined to think he's probably town.

Hm a ratio. I wonder what the player list will reveal. I wonder if all players killed by chinomi come back to life? That would be broken, honestly, so I doubt it.

Edit: deo isn't crossed off as dead? But neither is chinomi? Tiki hasn't been crossed off since he died given his role effects, I think.

239Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Give us some time before commenting on host posts okay it literally took the hosrs 15 mins to finish editing everything in thread that needed to be edited

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

240Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 16 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'M SORRY I'M JUST EXCITED BECAUSE I LOVE BALEFIRE

this isn't stupid I'm sorry I ruffled fur and feathers ok I just want to see what balefire did/does because I had a theory you'd actually be insane enough to reverse-edit the entire game, but I doubted this because it's insanity

ok I will be patient sry ms cat your ears look lovely today

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum