Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 60]

676Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:22 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I'm still reading through Luxaria's post but!

Luxaria wrote:Change + Mystery + Order

Based on the assumption that Sammiya was a roulette, this would fit the roulette role! It's a role whose powers change and she might not know her future powers in advance (mystery) but it follows a certain order with a zodiac theme?

I think nourishment definitely has to do with eating posts, but it's interesting that nourishment is in your N0 results twice? Does that mean there are two eating-related abilities in mafia?

Luxaria wrote:Alpha & Omega + Walled Garden, Walled Garden

Umm! I haven't looked at the dictionary (I'm just trusting your interpretations) but the phrase "alpha and omega" is kind of the Greek equivalent of the English expression "from A to Z" so I think you're right in that it means that everybody in thread alpha was town.

I don't think answering "everyone is town" conflicts with

6. The hosrs seek to answer exactly what is asked in the question.

because "no mafia" and "all town" mean the same thing in this case since there weren't any neutrals in that thread. Is there a symbol that could mean "zero"? Maybe the hosts just couldn't think of a way to say "zero mafia."

Okay! I'm going to post this for now and keep thinking about Luxaria's post. ;v;

677Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I have so many hosrcompliments for the hosrs

678Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

That's... the kind of puzzle I normally try to avoid : P

Can you flat out ask who is the best person for town to lynch next?

679Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:30 pm

high seraph

high seraph

the horsrs are still nerd losers if u ask me u wu

680Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ alcasync:

That's actually a really good point about Sammiya! That might be how those symbols are read.

Regarding Alpha & Omega, the definitions/meanings are:

From here:
Alpha and Omega: Language, Process, words, Finality, Inevitibility...

From here:
Alpha and Omega - Finality, Process, inevitability

From here:
Alpha and Omega - Finality, Process, inevitability...

From here:
Alpha and Omega - Finality, Process, inevitability ...

Thus why I'm inclined to think it either means "finality" or I guess the alpha thread in general. But the reason I don't think it'd specify the entire thread was town is because the question only asked how many mafia voted for Blaire. If the answer then said, "The entire thread was town", then that's answering a different question, even if it technically means the same thing in that particular context if it were true.

@ Duck:

Nah, from talking to the hosrs, I can guarantee that won't work. Again, too, I think asking for player names is far too unwieldy given the nature of the symbols.

How would you even express some of these names? Maybe they'd elect to express them by book title or something. I don't know.

681Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Five

Five

Oh, lovely, I'm probably next on the chopping block thanks to those N4 results. It looks like thread alpha was made of entirely town players, though I'm sure people will be quick to disbelieve this. Either that or "Finality + Innocence" means something else, but what else could it? No innocence? Everyone who voted for Blaire was mafia? Not exactly likely, unless nautilus was mafia and chose who went to what thread and made a majority-mafia thread so they could control the lynch (which nautilus would have also had to choose?) I don't know, I'm honestly just spitballing here. It probably wouldn't line up with the role resu

Wait a minute.

Luxxxiepop, are you sure that's the question you got results for? I know that I got results for the second option I sent in, but what if it was randomized? That result looks a lot more like it's saying nautilus is a dead town than it does something about the votes in thread alpha.

682Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Ie6MZja

INTERMISSION

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 21-94
“the horsrs are still nerd
losers if u ask me u wu”

HIGH SERAPH was definitely 200% modkilled.
He was A SUPER LAME CINNAMON ROLE WHO DOESN'T READ HIS ROLE PMs by The Very Cool and Awesome Hosr Twins
He was A SHITTY SPANISH BUS DRIVER.

683Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I received confirmation from hosrs that I got an answer to my second question, the one about those that voted for Blaire.

Edit: Also, I think if it were saying dead town, there'd be some variant of Hourglass, Hourglass in there to say "Dead town".

684Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Okay.

Let's go back a step. I think anyone who feels like one of these passages describes their book needs to speak up now. Keeping silent, you hurt the Town, because one of these people is likely Mafia, is we understood Chinomi's cryptic messages right.

chinomi - Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 23:08 wrote:sitting among the stars.
viewing a blue marble drenched in blackness.
a vision. understanding.
three tongues reciting knowledge.
text? vocals? rotting away. black as the blue marble.
dripping.
dripping.
dripping.
there is nothing more.

"dare mo shinjinakereba iin da yo" tsubuyaita ne
futari niteta no kana?
ano toki kimi wo mamoru to kimeta no ni
chinomi - Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 1:13 wrote:a reflection of mechanical things, grinding gears, firewire.
titanium shield.
sunrise.
sunset.
the shield protects me from all weapons.

I claim this one as being about my book:

chinomi - Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:47 wrote:a spacely sanctuary.
shut to foreigners.
scholars mumbling a familiar but unknown tone.
then, torn apart. in half.

one half gone, leaving for the stars.
another.
remains.

People I am pretty sure are Town now

LUXARIA
ALCASYNC
CHINOMI
ENTELECHY
TIKI THE TROLL
HIGH SERAPH
RASEI
FIVE

People I am inclined to believe are town (I kinda feel like at least someone in this category is actually Mafia).
MR. GERBEAR ( I think he just messed up Ba~ad blocking Plot's lynch)
ARDONYE

People I basically got no read on:
DRANDAHL
EZZELIN
T3TSUYA
DEO

EDIT: Is that modkill real?!?!?

685Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:50 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Thinking on it a bit more, I think finality+innocence is most likely to be "in the final vote tally, everyone who voted Blaire was town" (which was high seraph, chinomi and Rasei).

Luxaria wrote:"How many mafia voted for Blaire to be lynched?"

This doesn't specify the thread/phase though (unless your original question specified it) so it could also be saying "in thread alpha, everyone who voted for Blaire (at any point, not just the final tally) was town." Umm but if you asked this right after the split thread phase, then judging from how you only got answers for N1 during your N1 question, I think maybe the hosts might just default to answering for the closest relevant phase when you don't specify the time?

I'm not sure if we'll be able to figure out the meaning 100%, but I think for now I'm okay with leaving chinomi/Rasei/high seraph alone? We can revisit them when we have more reason to think that one of them is mafia. ;v;

686Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

(Any intermission that uses a player's avatar rather than their book title as the image is just a joke. Otherwise, we reserve the right to fake intermission kill anyone at any time, mercilessly and at will)

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

687Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

alcasync wrote:Thinking on it a bit more, I think finality+innocence is most likely to be "in the final vote tally, everyone who voted Blaire was town" (which was high seraph, chinomi and Rasei).

Luxaria wrote:"How many mafia voted for Blaire to be lynched?"

This doesn't specify the thread/phase though (unless your original question specified it) so it could also be saying "in thread alpha, everyone who voted for Blaire (at any point, not just the final tally) was town." Umm but if you asked this right after the split thread phase, then judging from how you only got answers for N1 during your N1 question, I think maybe the hosts might just default to answering for the closest relevant phase when you don't specify the time?

I'm not sure if we'll be able to figure out the meaning 100%, but I think for now I'm okay with leaving chinomi/Rasei/high seraph alone? We can revisit them when we have more reason to think that one of them is mafia. ;v;

Your thoughts basically mirror all of my own. ;w;

I realized after that my question did not preclude the first two day phases of the game. I can go check to see who, if anyone, voted for her at all. But, as you say, I think they tend to go by the most recent instance. But given that I had a town read on Lucas early on, and those results, I didn't see reason to focus on Lucas, chinomi, or Rasei right now. chinomi's role also doesn't... seem to fit in with my list of results for N0, but I'm honestly not sure what on earth is going on with her and sunsets and descriptions. I haven't given it too much thought since I was drowning in my own post while she was posting. ;w;

688Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Cure

Cure

Entelechy wrote:EDIT: Is that modkill real?!?!?

yes it's 200% real didn't you see

Last edited by Cure on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

689Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Cure wrote:
Entelechy wrote:EDIT: Is that modkill real?!?!?

yes it's 200% real didn't you see

You see, this is exactly the kind of thing that really confuses me. Thank you Kiyoko for clarifying.

690Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 46 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Five

Five

Well, shit on a biscuit, I guess thread alpha was all town, then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum