Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 60]

361Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:22 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Mr. Gerbear wrote:
drandahl wrote:I second this. If Gerry's also mafia, I'll assume the butterfly is high-value enough to risk this move. Then again, if Gerry's mafia, why didn't he just keep quiet about stopping the lynch?

We should be careful lynching Gerry, maybe. Worst-case, we're falling into a several-phase-long trap. Anyway, those are my late-night thoughts. Going to sleep now.

If I'm mafia why would I even talk about the details of plot's role

Because we already had it almost entirely figured out by then? Heh.

362Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

*shrug* I mean I guess.

I'm bad at this game

363Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 am

eleni

eleni

edit oops a ton of people posted before i got this post through, but whatever

oh god... i didn't make it back before rollover yesterday and i definitely wasn't expecting this mess /o\

at this point i think plot and Gerry are both mafia and Gerry's totally lying about his ability?? based on his reaction after the kill was stopped- he literally just went *shrug* @__@ it seems like he's being purposefully evasive, which is just really scummy to me? like he claims he's dropped a bunch of role hints but he won't be clear about what he's exactly said.

I have information to share but only if someone can tell me how many posts have been chewed on.
basically, Gerry said he had to both identify how many posts were chewed on and stop the lynch to get plot's role?? this makes no sense to me. he's also said before he has a night action so i'm ???? there are way too many inconsistencies with what he's been saying.

Plot is the hungry hungry caterpillar. And if plot eats seven posts, plot gets a cocoon to be safe for one kill attempt? But after the cocoon is built, if plot is killed, plot dies? And then comes back to life as a butterfly.
also, this role doesn't really make sense to me, especially as a mafia role. even if it is true, Gerry seems to be witholding what happens after plot supposedly turns into a butterfly??? Gerry can you please give us plot's entire role? another edit ok i saw what he said and it's even more suspicious

I had to stop the lynch to get this info. I take responsibility for this.
this is interesting to me though because if they're both mafia, why say this at all?? so i'm wondering if he's also lynchproof or something... idk

But I can confirm there was indeed a reflective role who acted last night
GERRY WHAT IS YOUR ROLE EVEN.

364Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:40 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Here's the thing tho: I'm not someone who would ever post at length, anyway. I don't need to ramble to say what I need to say most of the time :V If that makes me scummy or seem evasive, ok. It keeps happening.

I do have a night action. The lynch stop thing was one use, upon which I receive my target's pm.

I didn't need to know how many posts were chewed on to get my info. I just couldn't go back and actually count for myself :V

That's pretty much plot's entire role. I only left out the fact that she couldn't eat any more posts as a cocoon but I thought that goes without saying. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to screen cap or copy and paste directly from hosr PMs, which is why I paraphrased. I feel like I saw a rule against that somewhere...

I'm not lynchproof. Feel free to lynch me and test that out, but you'd just be wasting a lynch on a town

365Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:43 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Mr. Gerbear wrote:*shrug* I mean I guess.

I'm bad at this game

Don't make me bring out Lux's checklist.

366Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:45 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

What's lux's checklist

367Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:52 am

Five

Five

Mr. Gerbear wrote:If I'm mafia why would I even talk about the details of plot's role
You honestly didn't talk much about meaningful details, though. You told us something that had already been speculated about? It was pretty much a given that eating posts was that role and people who seemed to know Plot pretty well had said that sounded like a book they would choose.

Mr. Gerbear wrote:The butterfly does nothing. Plot's role PM as sent to me ends with the butterfly.
I doubt it honestly? I'm not ruling out the possibility that you're telling the truth about the role PM ending there, but I doubt the butterfly does nothing. I am very much inclined to believe that Plot is mafia considering the posts they've chosen to eat, since it would be very easy for a town-aligned version of that role to just eat seven shitposts. Lord knows there's enough shitposting going on in this game for that to be possible.

Regarding the shooter's alignment, I feel kind of like a town shooter wouldn't have shot that close to the end of the phase. Obviously I can't account for parts of the meta I don't know on this site, and ditto individual playstyles I'm not familiar with, but three hours doesn't seem like enough time to pick out a new lynch target. If Plot is mafia and the butterfly transformation does something, the shooter was probably mafia. If plot is town or the butterfly transformation does indeed do nothing, I suppose the shooter is probably town? Mafia would gain nothing from shooting a town player who's up for lynch, but I can easily imagine that as a town strategy earlier in the phase.

Gerry, did you get Plot's alignment in her role PM? I ask because Lucas has also claimed to receive role PMs and was able to give us Nautilus's alignment...

368Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:55 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Nope, the role didn't come with alignment. If plot is indeed mafia, there could very well have been more flavor after the role part where the rest of the mafia are named or something. As it is, it really does abruptly end at the butterfly thing.

369Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Lucas' investigation gives alignment? I remember him commenting on Mitsu's alignment, but I thought it was speculation. I'll go check... eventually... in that mess.

The only way I could see Gerry telling the truth is if plot happens to get a new role PM after turning into a butterfly, and he only saw the first role PM.

But... If plot had already used her cocoon to dodge the vigilante shot... wait.

Gerry wrote:Plot is the hungry hungry caterpillar. And if plot eats seven posts, plot gets a cocoon to be safe for one kill attempt? But after the cocoon is built, if plot is killed, plot dies? And then comes back to life as a butterfly.

Okay. So plot had eaten 7 posts apparently (did anyone confirm this? I'm going to browse the thread to check). plot then was shot. This would trigger the second half where she is killed and she dies and comes back to life.

But...

Okay, how literally do we take this? plot didn't die and then self-revive. By the time Gerry stopped the lynch, plot would have in theory transformed since she was shot (breaking the cocoon). That means if she got a new role PM as the butterfly--assuming the butterfly has abilities, which seems likely--it would have been in time for Gerry to see it.

Gerry also says the cocoon only blocks one kill attempt. plot had been shot. She would have been informed her cocoon had broken. Unless that intermission text was forged (not impossible?), she would have been told directly by hosrs about the attempt and her consumed killproof. I cannot see this not being the case.

But then at the end of her spec post about two minutes before rollover, she said, "Don't worry, nothing will happen." If she and Gerry were both town, or even if one of them were town and the other mafia, she'd have no way of knowing that the lynch would fail since in theory her killproof had been consumed, unless her butterfly had another killproof. I find this to be unlikely.

Gerry refuses to really elaborate for some bizarre reason, and plot was around moments before rollover but not after, so she hasn't clarified a single thing or corroborated Gerry's story and details. This ignores the fact that Gerry's entire action was just scummy to begin with. Also, no town has stepped forward to claim either shot, which feels bizarre because unless we have two separate vigilante kills and the second was like "Me too!", I feel as though if someone had two shots they would have said something by now--though maybe they still have more shots? I... anyway.

This whole situation is just a mess.

@ Gerry

I want you to answer and respond to all of these questions. If the answers are not satisfactory, I don't think I need to make you aware of the probable lynch looming on the horizon.

1. Does your role make the target lynchproof?

2. Do you have a night action?

3. Does your role reveal the target's PM?

4. Why did you need to ask about the number of eaten posts before sharing the information? You cannot pretend that if you were town, the moment you read it you would have realized her role would be the post eater and that the kill had failed on her.

5. Why did you halt that lynch of all lynches when the only dissent was that people dislike a bandwagon? No one had any real objections with the target.

6. Restate as plainly and clearly as you can the exact details of her role.

7. Explain why you think it is that she seemed indifferent to her pending lynch given that she had been shot earlier, consuming her killproof. Does your role notify her that she's immune to the coming lynch?

8. I want you to go through your post history and quote every instance in which you hinted at your role.

9. Do you think plot is town or mafia? Do you think her shooter is town or mafia? Why and for what reasons?

Edit: 10. What is your chosen literary work's title for this game?

@ plotstickers

1. Did Gerry accurately describe your role?

2. Are you the Hungry Caterpillar?

3. Can you link every post you've eaten, if so?

4. Why did you eat these posts?

5. Why did you seem indifferent to the lynch when you had already been shot during the phase, which should have consumed your killproof?

6. If the role PM as described by Gerry is accurate, shouldn't you have visibly died in thread and then revived as a butterfly? Or was that just flavor?

7. Which alignment do you think shot you? Why did they shoot you?

8. Do you think Gerry is telling the truth about making you lynchproof?

9. Did you get a new role PM?

10. What is in this role PM? What can you do as a butterfly?

11. Why didn't you post after rollover to clarify when you knew you were going to live and that there'd be confusion?

I know it's a lot to dig through @ both of you, but. If either or both of you are town, help us help you. Please.

370Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:54 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

You know what. I don't have time for this. Whatever. Lynch me. Jfc I keep saying I can't post at length and yet I try to be as active as I can which ALWAYS LEADS TO THIS NO MATTER WHAT GAME I PLAY. I'm not even trying to be shady but this always happens jfc. After this game, I'm done tbqh, it's not like these ever go well for me anyway and I literally know there are people playing who would rather not have anything to do with me and I'd like them to not have to deal with me at all anymore :) :) :)

I'll answer these questions in a bit. I need to get on a proper keyboard.

371Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I... I like you in these games, though. :c

It's just been several pages without any real consensus or understanding about what happened, and people want to lynch you as a result of the ambiguity. I know you're busy, but I just wanted to lay out the questions that town wants/needs answered, and if you are able to respond then you help town and possibly save yourself in the process.

I... it's not meant to sound like an attack, because it's not. It's trying to help you get your story and facts straight. :(

372Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

1. Does your role make the target lynchproof? I can save one person from one lynch once during the game.

2. Do you have a night action? Yes, in addition to the one-time lynch save.

3. Does your role reveal the target's PM? After I save one person from the lynch, I get their role PM.

4. Why did you need to ask about the number of eaten posts before sharing the information? You cannot pretend that if you were town, the moment you read it you would have realized her role would be the post eater and that the kill had failed on her. I didn't need to. I would've counted the posts myself before I revealed the info if I had the opportunity to but I didn't because it's incredibly inconvenient to do so on mobile.

5. Why did you halt that lynch of all lynches when the only dissent was that people dislike a bandwagon? No one had any real objections with the target. So now a bandwagony vote is completely ok? Not only did that feel strange to me, but there were concerns about plot being a bomb, for example. Also: I am obviously not good at this game. I make mistakes constantly. Which is why I should probably stop playing after this and save everyone the trouble.

6. Restate as plainly and clearly as you can the exact details of her role. I mean I already did but nobody ever listens to me so, ok, here, with more details I guess:

1. Plot can eat one non-host post per phase.
2. After seven posts eaten, plot gets a cocoon. (Plot cannot eat posts while cocoon.)
3. Cocoon protects plot for one kill.
4. After that, plot can be killed.
5. After two phases, plot returns to life as a butterfly.
6. That's it. That's literally how the PM ends.

7. Explain why you think it is that she seemed indifferent to her pending lynch given that she had been shot earlier, consuming her killproof. Does your role notify her that she's immune to the coming lynch? I don't know??? My role shouldn't have notified anyone that she would survive? I'm sure plot had no idea she would survive the lynch. If she had already used her cocoon protect, she knows she would've died and come back to life later on.

8. I want you to go through your post history and quote every instance in which you hinted at your role. This will be unnecessary. See No. 10. Everything will be literally so obvious in hindsight.

9. Do you think plot is town or mafia? Do you think her shooter is town or mafia? Why and for what reasons? It's more likely that plot is mafia than town. Plot is quiet and we know she's been active with eating all those posts, her spec post before her impending non-death already said things we all knew about anyway.

I also find it highly likely that the vig shot against plot could very well have been from the Mafia, expecting plot to have been killed by the lynch and surprise everyone two phases later. Idk. I'm not sure why anyone from the Town would want to vig kill someone who's about to be definitively lynched. And also that would have made ME the next target. And I would've been lynched. And I'm definitely not mafia.

10. What is your chosen literary work's title for this game?

Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"  by Chuck Tingle

as long as we're playing the "let's claim!" game, i guess i really should just stop trying to withhold information from the mafia and let it all out there. :)

I reflect people's actions on themselves (except the NK), and have a one time lynch save that also lets me know the saved person's role. That's literally all I do.

and for the record, i saved Lulu from being killed by redirecting her own jail onto her. you're welcome. i targeted angel night 0, forgot on night 1, lulu night 2, lulu and five night 3 but idk which of the timelines went through because it didn't seem like it worked anyway because i was stunned eta2: if i get these night numbers wrong, i guess i'm mafia because i'm not very good at counting :)

eta: @lux i'm just sick of this happening in every game. please don't feel slighted, this is my fault. i'm scummy if i'm quiet, i self-incriminate when i'm not. hooray.

i'm going to go back to study now so if you need me, idk. whatever.

Last edited by Mr. Gerbear on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

373Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:33 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Bigger specpost later but

I honestly don't think Ger is mafia.

I feel like something that could easily be explained by a fuck up should be considered a fuck up. This can definitely fit that criteria. And the facts are that yes, Gerry directly defended someone that was maf. But he was open and honest about it and that specific action would have been wildly more effective if he was mafia if he just stayed quiet and let us run around like chickens with our heads cut off to find out what occurred. I just get a vibe of "Oops" more than "I TOOK YOU ALL ON A RUSE CRUISE."

I do, however, still think Plot is probably mafia. And if she isn't, I'm likely going to be pretty upset about how much she didn't speak or respond to literally anything against her these past few phases.

Lastly, Ger

Stahp.

Stahp being dramatic.

Nobody wants to see you leave these games. You know personally what you did could be viewed as extremely, extremely, extremely scummy. You directly defended someone we think is maf. Not a lot of people are going to believe that kind of "Oops" easily. You wouldn't. It's a game. Don't take these things personally.

374Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Thanks. Idk, I overreact when I'm stressed as fuck, which is the case right now. I'm on such a hair trigger right now, it's horrible. You'd be surprised about what people think about me lmao but I'll keep that out of the game because it has literally zero to do with this game.

375Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. Gerbear wrote:I overreact when I'm stressed as fuck, which is the case right now. I'm on such a hair trigger right now, it's horrible

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Tumblr_inline_nlxfttuMCI1rayg0z

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 How-to-bathe-your-hedgehog-GIF

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 25 Tumblr_mjzhp4HDKe1r2732eo1_250

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum