Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win]

+12
T3tsuya
Entelechy
Cure
Luxaria
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
nautilus
drandahl
ezzelin
chinomi
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 52]

301Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

A couple people had brought up me saying that if they didn't hear from me again, I would vote with Kiyoko, so I will explain.

I was feeling headachey and sick last night, and thought I may need to crash before roll-over, and I still did not know who in particular to vote for. So, I said I would vote with Kiyoko because they seemed to be (as I said) highly respected by other players (and guaranteed Town by the mechanic, but I thought that would go without saying, since we all knew this).

Honestly, I am making my judgment calls based on how you seem to regard each other, instead of how your behavior seems to me, if that makes sense? Your reactions to each other seem more informative to me than your actions. Anyway it seems like everyone not under high suspicion treats everything Kiyoko says with consideration and respect, so I take that to mean that they have a history of sound and insightful judgment.

As previously discussed, I didn't know ties would go to RNG, I thought there would have to be another round of voting, so I did wanted to break they tie rather than bog the game down. If I voted with Kiyoko as I had originally planned, I would make it a three-way tie, which seemed like a bad idea. So it was between Tiki and Vowels.

Anyway, the post that swung me to voting for tiki was Post number 220, posted at 8:57.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:re: chinomi vote

idk man, it's just the whole noncommittal attitude towards that vote but chinomi seems like a pretty noncommittal person anyway so idek

but Tiki's weird refusal to vote for either Aeiou or chinomi and Aeiou's vote still on NL and chinomi's vote bringing it up to a tie is just a really weird situation to me. I don't even know what to think about it.

I hadn't noticed Tiki's refusal to vote, but it did seem strange to me when pointed out, so that's what I went with.

Also, could someone please explain to me what exactly scummy means? I think I got a sense of it, but I don't want to misuse it due to some misunderstood nuance.

302Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@Duck That makes sense, thanks for explaining. I'm entirely willing to ignore Duck unless Aeiou flips maf. (edit: Also, for a new player, basing reads off people's reactions to other people is hugely intelligent, kudos)

Scummy means suspicious. Comes from other mafia forums where mafia are also called "scum" and speculating is "scumhunting."

Also guys I just realized. The away team is everyone on the other side of the net, right? Why don't we just kick out everyone on that side of the net like is this some magical net we can't get around? Why are they wearing our jerseys? Why don't we know who our antagonists are can't we just look through the net and see them THE NET HAS HOLES IN IT FOR THIS REASON.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

303Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

in order to be one with the ball, you must practice blindfolded.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

304Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I...

I see nothing wrong with this logic

eyesight is overrated

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 F790e0aebd671e4891df45d985bff40f5ca095ad_hq

305Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

C☆r☆ wrote:double post to say Vowels' "Wait, we're all vanilla??" post is really not sitting well with me at all. It was discussed heavily by a number of people earlier on in the thread (and I have a whole section dedicated to it in my longpost), and if she'd been paying attention to or keeping up with the thread at all she'd know that. :T idk what this means, whether it's just a townie not paying close attention, or a mafia member pretending to be less valuable than they are without realizing all players are equally role-less. 

I'm going to be out for much of the day. I don't know if I'll be back before rollover. If I die tonight, you knew me when.

I didn't even really catch that. Us being all vanilla is in the very first post and we've been talking about it extensively, there's no part of the thread where that is easy to miss. I would be willing to vote just based on that but the whole thing with Tiki is kind of making it my favorite choice right now.

On the drandahl subject, I'm not sure how to take it. It weirds me out but it doesn't weird me out because he voted me, the reason it strikes me as weird is that it wasn't a vote for just inactivity and I had literally nothing else in thread. If possible I'd like dran to chime in on it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:► Kiyoko -> #9
► Luxaria -> #8
► Entelechy -> #1
► Tiki The Troll [Jersey #12]
► Rasei -> #10
► Cure -> #4
► Cur3/T3tsuya -> #5
► High Seraph
► Sammiya -> #13
► Aeiou -> #4
► Chinomi
► ezzelin -> #7
► Drandahl -> #12

Is this accurate?

As far as I can tell that's accurate.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:
Also guys I just realized. The away team is everyone on the other side of the net, right? Why don't we just kick out everyone on that side of the net like is this some magical net we can't get around? Why are they wearing our jerseys? Why don't we know who our antagonists are can't we just look through the net and see them THE NET HAS HOLES IN IT FOR THIS REASON.

We're playing volleyball in the dark. That's why we have such a chance to fumble the ball, only a couple people just so happen to be in the position to spike correctly, and we can't read jersey numbers.

This is the only explanation that makes sense.

I hate ninja volleyball this is ass.

306Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

What is the holes in the net were actually holes in the plot all along?

Also, for people curious about my previous experience:

My main experience playing Mafia was in highschool drama class, a little over a decade ago. It was the game we played on days that the teacher didn't want to teach. We only ever played with Mafia, Town, and one Detective, in a group of about 25 people.

Recently, I made a bunch of new friends, and we've played a dozen or so rounds of mafia together, in person. One of said friends owns a Werewolf version with cards for roles/town/werewolf/etc. We've played that in a group of 7 people, and its totally about body language and yelling accusations at each other :P

I've ever done pbp Mafia before.

307Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Entelechy wrote:What is the holes in the net were actually holes in the plot all along?

okay first of all

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

308Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I figured you'd played some version of it before because you totally seem to know what's going on. Forum maf is less about reading body language and more about reading... language... language... and I personally like it because it's easier for me to structure and edit a written argument than try to talk it out in person. Also because I'm terrible at masking my body language haha.

I'm glad you could join us though, and you're picking things up really quickly. Definitely feel free to ask if you have any more questions about conventions/vocab/whatever. :D

309Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:14 pm

drandahl

drandahl

I didn't have completely strong reasons for voting T3t. He wasn't as active as usual, and that surprised me. Something about his posts threw me off, but that's more of a soft read. It was D1, and there wasn't much to go off of yet, but I also didn't feel comfortable contributing to the primary lynch candidates at that time.

Nothing deeper than that.

Also, my inaction was very bad for Mafia (unless Vowels is also mafia and T3t isn't, in which case, sure, I could have tried to start a campaign to mislynch).

310Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

yells i want to spec where is everyone

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Tumblr_n4ejs6W5Ky1r6jeoio6_r2_250

Town through N0 pass
► Kiyoko
► Luxaria
► Rasei

imo, town through behavior
► Cure
► Sammiya (first vote on Tiki after Lucas unvoted)
► ezzelin (second vote on Tiki after Lucas unvoted, tying Tiki with Aeiou)

if Aeiou is maf these people are possibly maf
► Aeiou (because if Aeiou is maf then Aeiou is maf)
► Chinomi (because the vote on Tiki is now suspect)
► Entelechy (see above)
► ezzelin? (makes ezzelin's vote less of a towntell, though not enough for me to suspect ezz automatically)

if Aeiou is town, these people are possibly maf
► Cur3/T3tsuya (because possibly too AFK to save Tiki)
► High Seraph (Broke tie in favor of lynching Aeiou)

idk what to make of this person regardless of Aeiou's alignment
► Drandahl (because of weird-ass vote on Tet)

311Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:09 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

calm down kiyo rollover is in 2h

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 C3bed37f077ba5f18a98c25ed2bf90ed

also dran is maf bc he posts ads. he obviously needs influential backers to keep him alive and veto our lynch votes after we figure out he's maf.

on a serious note, I don't really think there's much more to be said that isn't just parroting what we've already established until we have new info :Va

edit: that is, except for people who haven't posted their reads on people to do so.

312Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 WlFsYXl

i like listening to myself type

313Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Cure

Cure

I won't be home before rollover hope I dont die friends

314Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Rasei is late for pratice. Really really late. She hasn't been paying attention in class and her notes are all over the place. As she runs towards the practice room, she slips and causes her mafia notes to go ever where. Now she has to reread all of the thread to remake her notes.

315Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:54 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 21 Tumblr_n4bskcku9g1s1jobro1_500_spec_by_amashimono-d9r9wuw

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 36 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum