Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win]

+12
T3tsuya
Entelechy
Cure
Luxaria
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
nautilus
drandahl
ezzelin
chinomi
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 32 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 52]

166Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

C☆r☆ wrote:Whatever you say, Coach-chan nvn

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Tumblr_n5rxl30SUG1rupogao4_500

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 R3ypNEY

Aeiou 2
No Lynch 1
Tiki the Troll 2
Cur3 1
Chinomi 1

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 I37QjUy

Aeiou ► No Lynch
Kiyoko ► Ezzelin drandahl Chinomi
Cure ► Aeiou
High Seraph ►Tiki the Troll
Rasei ► Aeiou
Sammiya ► Tiki the Troll
Drandahl ► Cur3
Ezzelin ► Tiki the Troll

Last edited by Ninfia on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

167Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I REFUSE TO PAGEBOTTOM

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:
Entelechy wrote:Okay, this isn't actually exactly game related, but how (in short hand) do I refer to the person whose name is all stars?

Haha, sorry about that. I literally just pinged Ninfia like "Huh, will Entelechy be confused about all the stars?"

tl;dr we just finished a mafia game based off anime high school, and a lot of us got gold stars for good behavior, so we threw them into our names for fun.

I'm Kiyoko though. I'll change my name back in a few days; I just want to bask in the stars for a while.

Also @Entelechy, despite C☆r☆ and C☆r3 having the same icon and very similar names, they are actually different people. The one with boobs is Cure/Raie and the one with a 3 but no boobs is T3tsuya.

I'm bringing this up because I spent like ten minutes looking for one of Tet's posts when making that list of pass claims because I kept skimming the icons and thinking Tet's posts were Raie's, and if I'm missing them other people are probably missing them too.

Again, this was because of that high school game we just played, where they submitted a pair of twins.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

168Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:38 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Hey Entelechy! I'm normally drandahl (or Dylan).

Read up a bit. Wasn't expecting this game to start off with so much velocity, and felt I didn't have time to backread before. Some comments (might have already been stated):

--Mafia can't effectively choose their NK end target. Which makes this more fun as town, because it eliminates certain common trains of thought around "bleeding hearts", "killing off new players", "killing off people good at reading specific players", etc.
--So long as we have known town jerseys, we're safe to keep passing the ball around. Then we just need to hope the ball lands on a spiker.
--Later in the game if we gain a more complete picture of our jersey numbers, I wonder if we can intentionally pass to who we suspect to be mafia. I know we can't coordinate passes, so I'm not really sure what would be fair play here... (Coach, can we plan out passes to figure out mafianess? The rules specifically state we can't to figure out jersey numbers).

I'll agree to the spec so far, and assume that Lux, Kiyo and Rasei, are all Town. I'm getting a very pro-town read from both Lucas and Cure♀ as well, mainly due to their level of involvement in spec. I'm feeling less so on Cure♂, ez, Tiki, (and I fall into this bucket as well). There are others playing of course, but I haven't personally exhaustively spec'd yet.

I'm placing a vote: T3t, HOWEVER: Considering the currently established town-y players, I will freely change my vote if any of Lux, Kiyo, or Rasei suggest an alternative.

Also, I've heard from a trustworthy source that you should drink A&W Root Beer. Mmm, That frosty mug sensation.

169Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

dranbahl wrote:
Coach, can we plan out passes to figure out mafianess? The rules specifically state we can't to figure out jersey numbers.

Planning out passes to discover the mafia would be more or less the same as figuring out jersey number, since you cannot pass to usernames as a town player and thus would need to know the mafia jersey numbers to pass to them as a test. So, No.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

170Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

k I'm satisfied

unvote, vote: chinomi

I'm not entirely un-suspicious of drandahl, but my vote was only on him until he posted a more substantial post, which he just did. Since my top candidates for lynch today (this list keeps changing but it's still kind of the same people each time) are chinomi, Aeiou and Tiki, I do want to make sure there's at least one vote on chinomi though.

I'm kind of ambivalent on Aeiou, I feel like their post clarified some of their mindset for me. So I'm not as suspicious as I was before, but again, also not... not suspicious.

I'm not going to actively dissuade anyone from voting anyone they might suspect, though.

171Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Entelechy wrote:I have since realized that passing to a safe number does greatly increase the chance of a ball reaching a spiker (2/9 instead of 2/13).
uhm... I don't think so. would you mind explaining how you got that?

Luxaria wrote:The actual percentages and probability may skew all of these results, but in terms of physical outcome, I... believe that if the mafia were specifically trying to kill their target, they would be more likely to serve to that player. And without doing the math, I think it would check out since that player has 4/12 chances to pass to mafia, whereas trying to kill this target in a roundabout manner requires all previous players to toss to them at 1/12 chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may correct myself if I go and do the math later.
I've stated the same earlier though differently phrased;
serving to the player they want benched definitely gives them the highest chances of said player being benched.

e.g.: let's say they're trying to bench player N.
serving to player N: 1/3 (odds of passing to maf) + 7/12*1/12*10/12 (odds of passing safely, second person passing back to them, and them not being spiker) = 37%
serving to a different player, odds of player N being benched as second player: 1/12*4/12 = 3%
serving to a different player, odds of player N being benched as third player: 7/12*1/12*10/12 = 4%

unless math is very much not the mafia's thing, the intended target is always the first player. and if it's not, we have no way of finding out the intended target anyway, given how low the odds of them actually being benched in a roundabout way are. case closed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:k let me know if i missed any claims this is literally from memory
mine! I wrote in my giant percentage post somewhere that I was set to pass to #7 last night.

----

so far, the ones whose posts have been off to me are primarily entelechy and tiki.
entelechy for doing the math thing, but not posting process, just throwing out odds that aren't entirely correct, and in both cases so far could mislead town imho.
tiki for... gut feeling tbh mostly, and the way he presented the options we have, ignoring the fact that it's been shown that by passing to safe numbers we're highly likely to lose a confirmed town player (unless the maf go all double wifomy on us), as well as misinterpreting not passing to them as increasing the risk of being benched.

I don't like going after new players right off the bat, and I'd like to give entelechy a chance to explain their thought process, so I'm going to vote: tiki.

172Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Cure

Cure

I don't know what kiyo's talking about. There's no person named Tet playing this game. (On that note, if someone swoops in and gets this non-existent person lynched, I WILL get them benched the next phase.)

173Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:35 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:► Kiyoko -> #9
► Luxaria -> #8
► Entelechy
► Tiki The Troll
► Rasei -> #10
► Cure -> #4
► Cur3/T3tsuya -> #5
► High Seraph
► Sammiya -> #13
► Aeiou
► Chinomi
► ezzelin -> #7
► Drandahl -> #12

174Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Cure

Cure

Double posting to say I'm out right now. I'm happy with where my vote is for now but I might swap it to tiki depending on how much time I have when I get home

175Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 pm

high seraph

high seraph

i dont know what 90% of drandahl's drinks are and i feel kinda left out??? why can't you have some guaraná antarctica for a change dran, like, fo real bro
Spoiler:

dranball wrote:Later in the game if we gain a more complete picture of our jersey numbers, I wonder if we can intentionally pass to who we suspect to be mafia.
Why would anyone... want to pass the ball to the mafia...? If a player passes to the mafia, they're instantly benched. If they are benched, they will never be able to tell us what Jersey # they passed the ball to. Basically we won't ever learn Mafia Jersey #s?

I might have misunderstood this part of your post tho, I'm getting confused a lot in this game because of numbers everywhere, omfg

Re: Tiki, I didn't put much thought into his post and unvoted him immediately because all I was looking for was a little more information to go by, but his post... seemed like... Standard Tiki Behavior to me??? I don't know, I'm always having trouble reading Tiki as a player (and I'm always saying this literally every game, jfc). I think I need to observe Tiki further before I seriously consider whether or not he's a good lynch candidate.

Re: Aeiou, I'm still feeling slightly iffy about Aeiou. They came around to explain their mindset, which is cool and all but I'm not sure if it's very convincing. I'd like to hear more from them before phase end, but I still consider them to be the best lynch candidate at the moment.

Re: chinomi, I think chi is usually quiet regardless of alignment (see: gakuen s1 for mafia; gakuen s2 for town. the most active I've seen chi at was SMT mafia, where she was neutral, and I don't think she was VERY active then either iirc). But I do agree with Kiyo that we can't have ppl in the court doing nothing (except for me i get to do nothing in court bc im that one team memer who tries rly hard and ends up falling and breaking a bone). aNYWAY, I'd be ok with lynching chi if this is what the thread thinks is the best course of action, but she isn't exactly my top suspect.

For now I'm going to vote: Aeiou, but like I said, this isn't final and I still want to hear from them, so it's still entirely possible to persuade me into changing my vote anddd... pick someone else from my list i guess

also off-topic but oh my god when you use the formatting buttons on the post box now it actually formats the text instead of showing bb code, kiyoko is always surprising us. like look a that shit guarana antarctica is green and im like wowowwowowwwwww (omG i just previewed my post and the soda picture is now IN THE POSt BOX kiyo u r so cool ohmgyd. ANd NOW I CHANGED THIS LAST PARAGRAPH TO TINY FOnT AND ITS TINY IRL TOO WOOOOOOO)

ninja'd by ezz oh my god i cant deal with these numbers ok im jsut gonna post but i do see a tiki vote there h mMmm

176Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

LUCAS THE FORMATTING PREVIEW BUTTON HAS ALWAYS WORKED. ALWAYS.

I don't use it though because I like having complete control over my bbcode.

177Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

I'M SORRY LUCAS I REALLY LIKE NUMBERS

178Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm

high seraph

high seraph

YOU cANT BE SERIOUS, WHEN I PUT PICTURES IN THE POST BOX IT NEVeR SHOWED THE PICTURE INSIDE THE BOX WHEN I PREVIEWED? ??

stop trying to pull my leg kiyoko oh my god u r the woRSt person

179Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 RFmRt9L

This button toggles bbcode live preview

180Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 12 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:41 pm

high seraph

high seraph

OHM Y GOD I NEVER CLICKED THAT OK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 32 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum