Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4]

+10
high seraph
drandahl
Aeiou
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Luxaria
Doak
Mr. Alice
Kotakia
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 52]

61Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria wrote:Excellent!

Vote: Tiki the Troll

All I can say in defense is I did not act on N0, and have been prrreeeeetty busy today.

So nowthe question is, is your vote based on wanting info, a role, or both?

62Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Sorry, jumping on here late.

I have monkey paw + unplanned monkey rebound -related reasons to assume Sammiya is actually dead. I'm not going to explain farther for town benefit, but I would expect the tally to be a little strange from here on out. Sorry!

63Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:59 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Also I think she probably was/is town. Maybe due to the potential of revival via second paw use, her alignment was not revealed.

64Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Tiki
No particular reason. You just felt like the best choice. I'll hold it there for now, but I probably will switch.

@ drandahl
But the rollover said she was town, so how was an alignment not revealed? Or are you suggesting it was fabricated--but yet you assert she was still town regardless?

65Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:02 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Sorry for the triple-post, but @hostakia: What's the third use of the monkey paw for?

66Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 pm

drandahl

drandahl

@Lux:

Oh, I think alignment wasn't there when I first saw it? I see it's there now, so please ignore the town comment.

67Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Doak

Doak

lindahl wrote:Sorry for the triple-post, but @hostakia: What's the third use of the monkey paw for?
what

what

what @ all of this game

i do suppose that speculating further on what happened with sammie and the ratio isn't particularly helpful right now but i'm still curious about the protect showing up in rollover, it's a shame there aren' t... clarifications in the game rules about what appears in rollover, so...

idk this is weir d and i may or may not vote this phase depending on when i wake up tomorrow :x

68Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

stares at camera

waht i s ha ppe ni ng.....

69Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:13 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Sorry. To consolidate and address the weirdness:

1. Alignment tally weirdness is probably me. I used my ability last night, and I have reason to believe the tally miscount is an effect.
2. Weird monkey paw question: I just noticed Kotakia mentioned only the first two wishes explicitly, but never explained what the third one was for. I don't want to assume here, so I'm asking.

Otherwise I think this game is pretty normal so far. Let's not get weirded out so early.

70Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I believe the third functions exactly the same as the previous two. The monkey paw just happens to allow for three wishes, but the first wish has to be a role.

71Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:53 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@drandahl

So you assert that the ratio is currently 7:3 and that Sammie was town and is dead?

I'm willing to believe this because it sounds reasonable and it's not like anyone else here has any idea what's going on.

fwiw, I also didn't notice that Sammie's alignment had been edited in because I thought Kotakia's edit was to fix the N1/D1 thing.

/throws hands up in the air

I'm debating NLing today or just throwing out a random vote. Though my primary reason for not wanting to NL is that I'm not sure how much information we can actually get from night phases given what people could have submitted as roles.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

72Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm.

drandl wrote:I have monkey paw + unplanned monkey rebound -related reasons to assume Sammiya is actually dead. I'm not going to explain farther for town benefit, but I would expect the tally to be a little strange from here on out."

drandahl, is it safe to ask if you suspect this is a drawback of your wish? Or is this something related to what you specifically requested?

Also, without influence from my personal crusade against NL on D1, I do agree with Kiyo that whatever information we get from night phases might be flawed (thus increasing the value of lynches), but, also, there's supposedly the possibility of a lot of revives this game. So I don't know if it really matters if we mislynch since in theory we can bring them back**? I wonder what the drawback is for revival, though. Would it be that it kills the reviver? But what if a dead player uses it? Can they not vote or speak or something? I have some ideas on what type of drawbacks Kotakia is implementing, but it's too early to know for sure.

Augh.

** That said, we do lose a wish, which we may regret later on. I don't know how to weigh the wishes tbh.

73Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Well. Since Sammie is apparently town, we can have her self-revive and see what happens. Worst plausible case scenario it kills a random townie I guess, but then it's a 1:1 trade. Unless it kills two people in which case I don't know, I guess we all just try to self-revive and win the self-revive battle of attrition. Worth a shot, though, just so we can see what it does.

But since I think that we have more control over day phases than night phases. vote: Aeiou completely randomly just to get the ball roling. I will happily change this vote to whoever.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

74Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Cure

Cure

so rollover is so early in the day for both these games and I'm not used to it. this will take a few days to get used to. or I'll have to start getting up earlier... sweats nervously at 1pm rollover.

I... don't know what to think about anything. This feels like a very strange occurrence (that drandahl has taken credit for?) yet also a very uneventful n0.

Dylan did you mess with sammie specifically? Did you accidentally kill her? Does your role make the ratio static? is it completely unrelated to sammie and just affects the ratio?

75Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 5 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 am

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:So you assert that the ratio is currently 7:3 and that Sammie was town and is dead?
Yes.

Also, I'm not going to give more info than is necessary this early, as weird as this game is. So @Lux and @Cure, I'm not going to dive into my role. Alignments were randomly selected anyway, so it's not like I can de-scum myself by claiming. My night action had nothing to do with Sammiya's death or Lucas's protect, though.

Glad to see someone wished up a doctor role (I assume. The declared protection in rollover is still weird to me.). I'll have to admit, my wish was a lot more selfish.

I'd rather not NL, but I'm also still getting used to the earlier rollover. I thought I'd sleep now, but woke up and looked at my phone, so here I am. Probably going to drift off again, but before I do: vote: Cure. I wouldn't mind leaving it to random lynch to start things off, at least to gain more info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum