Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4]

+10
high seraph
drandahl
Aeiou
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Luxaria
Doak
Mr. Alice
Kotakia
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 52]

766Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 52 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:04 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Thank you for powering through a really weird game, Doak! You hosted admirably for someone who had a game kind of thrust upon them.

Thank you also to Kotakia for an interesting and really weird setup.

I did kind of like the universe reset and rollover time shift mechanics. Maybe we can incorporate that into future games after some balance tweaks.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

767Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 52 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

?? holy shit????

ok im counting this as a personal win because i was maf at the brginning and at the end god bless

768Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 52 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Doak

Doak

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:Thank you for powering through a really weird game, Doak! You hosted admirably for someone who had a game kind of thrust upon them.

Thank you also to Kotakia for an interesting and really weird setup.

I did kind of like the universe reset and rollover time shift mechanics. Maybe we can incorporate that into future games after some balance tweaks.
The universe reset was something I kind of felt like I had to do--Kotakia told me that my drawback after wishing to become host was that I had to reroll the mafia and change some roles, which I'd have to do anyway so that she wouldn't know everything about the game. Plus right AFTER I wished to become the host, Lucas sent in a wish that every mafia ever died before even being born. If you're wondering who deleted the existence of the game of mafia, it was him.

I've seen the time shift used before for individual actions--like, roles that delay someone's action one or two phases instead of stunning them out of it completely. You can also blame Luxaria, who wished for all wishes to be delayed 24 hours (after previously wishing to be sent a list of all wishes made during the phase each rollover). So I delayed EVERY action, with the exception of wishes being sent to Luxaria each phase.

ANYWAY, I did my best. People who remember me from VDex might know that I really like taking the host seat, so it wasn't bad. Coming up with drawbacks was an interesting challenge, and I changed the wishing mechanics to make it more... manageable. (There were always at least as many wishes remaining as half the number of living players, and if there weren't, I threw in another paw.) All told, we tore through the left paw, the right paw, the top paw, the bottom paw, the up paw, and the down paw. The strange paw was the only one left at the end. I named the extra paws after quarks because I am that kind of dumb nerd.

Thanks everyone for putting up with this mess of a game!

769Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 52 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

EXCUSE ME
we deserve all the awards for this

I cant believe any of this

770Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 52 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

FINALLY.

This game has been a rollercoaster through and through.

Being converted into mafia was pretty surprising, though.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum