Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10]

+23
ezzelin
drandahl
lulu
Doak
Aeiou
minji
Mr. Gerbear
plotstickers
Sammiya
piplups
chinomi
T3tsuya
Tiki The Troll
Cure
Rasei
deo
high seraph
alcasync
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 58]

Doak

Doak

good grief

Luxaria

Luxaria

Going to cut introductions so this post isn't longer than it needs to be. Some thoughts on the Kiyoko vote from Lulu closer to the bottom, but addressing some other comments first.

Ninfia wrote:I'm still pretty baffled by Blaire's murder. Something that occurred to me at work is... I wonder if Blaire death could have triggered the phase end? Perhaps dealing with supernatural bullshit translated to a chance of being killed via the use of her role power and that ended up happening?

I didn't see anyone address this, but hmmm. So ignoring for a moment that this game can (and does) have roles created specifically for the setup, typically most actions, especially night actions, don't appear to trigger instantly. I suppose some roles can also be instant depending on the format. As far as we know, there aren't any instant vigilantes that went off during the night (or, if that happened, they weren't from town it seems?). Unless Blaire had a role that killed herself--hm... Actually, given that the phase end did happen around confession time, I could sort of see her maybe entering a relationship with a spirit (read: dead player?) by becoming a ghost? But she hasn't posted anything since then, and I'm not sure why that'd trigger a phase end on top of it. Maybe if she responds to the thread by next phase, it's possible (and/or she can confirm it). That'd be really wonky if town has to lose a member to communicate with the dead, unless she's able to come back. idk.

Ninfia wrote:One thing that I've been kind wondering is if they're  a town-scum pair of Lovers, in the mafia sense.

I have considered this, too. Thematically, it'd be interesting if they were split across alignments and had interactions with one another. Same kind of goes for alca and Kiyoko, since they're linked by flavor (kind of one-sided, though). That said, sensei confirmed alignments were rolled before roles, so I don't know how much this is worth pursuing beyond entertaining the possibility.

Ninfia wrote:Overall, I think the mafia would be inclined to power up each other's abilities, rather than be in relationships with townies

Truth. I remember last game had at least one or two mafia pairings. I even remember speculating which pairs would be more likely to be mafia (actually, related to the previous point, I suspected Rasei and Sammiya due to the sibling connection, though they both ended up as town). Plus, other than just possibly enabling a town, mafia would run the risk of any investigative relationship roles. For what it's worth, I'm in a relationship, but I think my partner plans to leave at the end of this phase. I'll let them decide if they wish to announce it.

Lulu wrote:Maybe I'm being over-paranoid because I'm terrified of maf!Kiyoko (gomen senpai) but I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the parallels to last game. Do something on n0/d1 that a maf would never do, and then chill and help to lead lynches. Kiyoko seems much more relaxed now than she was d1

I'll be honest that this was on my mind, too, especially given how Gakuen S1 panned out. I'm always cautious of Kiyo because I've heard of her exploits, but I tend to prefer to leave her alone until I have reason to think otherwise (plus I don't like lynching vocal players). I can see some similarity between Gakuen S1's gabmit and the events of this game, but I think it's a little too reckless to be plausible. Considering there's also a chance that drandahl was a stunner, that'd be a weird target to immediately bus when no one else posted suspicions, especially when...

Cure wrote:Also, lulu first brought this up, but this role is so much more useful with town acting on it, if Kiyo was cleared as town (I ALMOST CALLED HER CLEO??) she could easily get a lot of townies to act on her to see what roles are in the game and build up an arsenal of actions to use.

This is a true and valid point, but. If she's encouraging town to act on her and claiming the ability to duplicate roles, then odds are an alignment cop (if they exist; there might not be any, or they might have been killed) would act on her. At worst, the cop inspects a truthful town that now can do an alignment investigation, too. At best, the cop finds a mafia. This is a massive gambit to take as mafia unless you're absolutely positive there isn't an alignment cop. Further, her role is, in theory, easy to vet because if she performs the roles that town players know they performed on her, then that shows she's telling the truth. Unless she happens to possess all of these role powers on top of being a reverse-miller, then I can't see this being a realistic mafia gambit.

I am inclined to trust Kiyoko, for now. The only thing that concerns me relates to...

Cur3 wrote:And the fact I sincerely think at this point that maf has one or more new people sending out NKs due only to the fact that they took out quiet people

Mr. Gerbear wrote:Well no I don't definitely mean it in absolute terms, just that it's pretty likely that someone who hasn't been active in-thread is mafia. :v

I've never made it a secret that I policy lynch and prefer to keep talkative players alive, even if I have a scum read on them, so long as they are not immediately detrimental to take down. So far we have had a few players kind of swing by, offer a comment or two, and then we don't really hear from them again. Which is fine, it happens, this is a big game. But I am kind of side-eyeing the fact that Kiyoko is telling us not to vote for several of these players, both quiet, like Minji and alcasync (and kind of Sammiya), and new, like Doak and Mr. Gerbear (SORT OF on this one; she's said he could go either way). Given her strong claim, it's reasonable that she has good reason to trust them all, and the only weird thing is how she's not really providing other options when she turns down focus on these players. But this is consistent with her previous comments that she wants to step back due to real life matters and just make sure targets she has reason to trust are not lynched.

So, I believe Kiyoko's claim and I don't think I want to pursue the idea of her having pulled a gambit. I'm not sure how I read Lulu for making the suggestion, considering I can't deny being an extremely paranoid and cautious player, but I will highlight a discrepancy that was pointed out:

Lulu wrote:Gameplay-wise, as Kiyo pointed out earlier, if she flips town and we have a revive on our team she would probably be one of the only townspeople with the ability to come back to life with a bonus revive - that's probably not something to rely on, though.

Kiyoko wrote:While you gunning for me in Gakuen season 1 made sense because, as you told me directly yourself in the S1 maf chat, you were the revive role and therefore knew I could be revived if I flipped town. I don't see that logic applying here.

Unless Lulu is claiming being a reviver again (which she shouldn't, so don't if you are tbh), the situation feels too different to take the risk. Even if we have a reviver somewhere, I'd rather not waste a day phase to push a lynch on one of the more pro-town sounding players just to test their alignment, even if we in theory don't "lose" a revive in the process. Not to mention mafia would be aware of what's happening and possibly interfere with it.

So...

tl;dr: I'm not sure where to vote because I don't have any damning suspicions over the more vocal players, and some of the quiet ones are being backed by a player that feels super pro-town. I don't know if it'd be lame to just vote for plotstickers again, and while I'm suspicious of alcasync given her continued silence, I don't know if it's appropriate to go for her right now considering previous comments in the thread. I don't have strong reads on Aeiou, Angelstar, Deo, high seraph, Kotakia, or Ezzelin, though Kotakia did get stunned N0, and Ezzelin backed Kiyoko's lynch.

Aeiou

Aeiou

Doak how can you complain about being single when you didn't accept my confession :/ I just barely read through all this and my lunch is just about up so I don't have time to say much more not that I have anything more important to say. Gomen

Doak

Doak

Aeiou wrote:Doak how can you complain about being single when you didn't accept my confession :/ I just barely read through all this and my lunch is just about up so I don't have time to say much more not that I have anything more important to say. Gomen
because you'll obviously cheat on me, duh????? do you even know who you are

nautilus

nautilus

It's time for confessions brb

e: done

Last edited by n☆☆til☆s-s☆ns☆i on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

plotstickers

plotstickers

Aeiou wrote:Doak how can you complain about being single when you didn't accept my confession :/ I just barely read through all this and my lunch is just about up so I don't have time to say much more not that I have anything more important to say. Gomen

Σ(‘◉⌓◉’)

high seraph

high seraph

deo wrote:
Cur3 wrote:Vote: high seraph, I hate your ascot.
wow how dare u tbh i think it's very original and rather charming and you MUST be evil to hate on it smh

t-thank u for defending me... deo-kun... (*´▽`*人)~

also the votes really shouldn't be that scattered, should they?

Doak

Doak

plotstickers wrote:

Σ(‘◉⌓◉’)
plot what is it you're saying here

you're not saying... much in general... plot darling, raise your hand and speak up...

Doak

Doak

okay so I don't like the lynch candidates right now but I don't like how spread out the votes are so I'm going to vote: no lynch for now???

if I'm back by the end of the phase I'll read up and possibly change but I probably WON'T be back for rollover which kind of sucks... oh well goodbye dear fellow students

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I agree with the scattered votes being a problem. Vote: No Lynch for now because I can't guarantee I'll be back before rollover :v

plotstickers

plotstickers

But nautilus-sensei didn't call on me!!!!

I'm eating dinner right now so I'm preoccupied with the taste of chicken and beef, but for what it's worth I think Vowels is town.

I'll probably take a look at a handful of lynch candidates' posts and try to write something... When is rollover again?

nautilus

nautilus

票数 Vote Tally

Kiyoko I
no lynch III
high seraph I
deo I
Mr. Gerbear II

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q lulu vs Kiyoko
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Kiyoko vs no lynch
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Cur3 vs minji Doak high seraph
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Cure vs minji Mr. Gerbear
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Kotakia vs deo
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Ninfia vs Mr. Gerbear
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q high seraph vs Cure
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Doak vs no lynch
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 38 XHMJc5Q Mr. Gerbear vs no lynch

ezzelin

ezzelin

1. I keep wondering what happened to the second kill last night - whether it was a one time thing on N0, or the phase end ninja'd it, or it was blocked by the jail (I'm sorry lulu is scary and I'm paranoid ok)-- just something to keep in mind, I guess.

2. I don't think we can just assume one out of the twins is maf just cause twins. alignments were rolled randomly, after all - yes, it's not impossible, but it's no more likely than anyone else being maf.

3. re: relationships, I am currently single and have not yet been in a relationship.

4. I'm concerned by the number of people just plain not voting. last phase, we had 7 people not voting at all (aka not even no lynch or no vote): ninfia, deo, cure, cur3, piplups, plotstickers and kotakia, out of which at least half posted at some point during that phase.

5. ninfia brings up a good point re: blaire and phase end. that's something I haven't considered, but I see a problem with it, as either
a) blaire was nk, but that means that nk was processed as soon as it reached the host which?? seems very odd to me
b) there was no nk and blaire's own ability use killed them and ended the phase (possibly unexpectedly??? maybe a passive role from someone they tried to act on???)

6. one thing that bothers me is yesterday's luxaria's inactivity vote on plotstickers, and them considering the possibility of voting them again. moreover, they seem to be considering more who is more "appropriate" to vote for :Va I don't know if this is standard behaviour for them, though.

7. I think rather than obviously inactive players, some maf would be among the people that sort of post, but just enough to slip under the radar. angelstar and aeiou come to mind, mostly.
I don't want to scatter votes any further and I'm about as iffy about gerry as I am about them, so I'm going to vote: mr gerbear.

gdi ninjas let me post I changed this 329487 times already this is a mess

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Really side-eyeing everyone voting for me tbqh

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Mr. Gerbear wrote:Really side-eyeing everyone voting for me tbqh

"Aww...I see everyone picking on you, making you rather grumpy. Wanna hang out sometime? I bet I can put a smile on that face!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum