Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 36 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 66]

91welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 pm

high seraph

high seraph

PLEASE DON T KILL ME ON N ZERO AGAIN ? ? ? ? THANK

iM ACTUALLY GLAD THIS PAGETOPPED

92welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:56 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Double posting because I think this mechanic is confusing a few people, if my PMs are anything to go by. I also reread the giant tl;dr on page 1 and it's even confusing me, so this is going to be the final say:

The mafia kill is submitted as "Hey, I'm moving/staying to/in room # and I'm also going to be performing the mafia kill."

The mafia member who says that moves to room # and then if there's a single player in there, they kill them.
If there are two players in room #, the kill will fail and the mafia member will be bumped back to their original room (no trap).
If there are no players in room #, mafia lays a trap that can be used to kill in the following night.

I'm still waiting on my cobalancer in terms of a response to T3tsuya's question.

93welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

high seraph wrote:PLEASE DON T KILL ME ON N ZERO AGAIN ? ? ? ? THANK

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

94welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:59 pm

chinomi

chinomi

WHERE'S THE BAR

95welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:05 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Alright. My esteemed benefactor and the co-owner of this bed and breakfast has responded to me.

You may claim rooms that you were in on previous nights. The claiming future rooms stands, though.

And the punishment sucks.

96welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

nautilus wrote:Alright. My esteemed benefactor and the co-owner of this bed and breakfast has responded to me.

You may claim rooms that you were in on previous nights. The claiming future rooms stands, though.

So, it's not a puppy.

Damn...

97welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

chinomi wrote:WHERE'S THE BAR

this game is off to a good start (i'm actually really excited to pretend to be at an actual b&b)

Spoiler:

98welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Tiki The Troll wrote:Another game, anther batch of returning VDex players for me to confuse with my antics. Yay!

Yep. Yep. I agree, and will try not to do the same.

99welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:34 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Heads up that I'll be going to bed now! :> Reminder that if you want to move or stay, please PM me with your room actions if you haven't already, or else I will assume you don't want to move!

Additionally, if you haven't sent me in a room name yet, please let me know of one asap! :> Don't want any non-fun rooms now, do we...

100welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:02 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

Sleep tight! /snores in my room

101welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:58 pm

chinomi

chinomi

/adjusts glasses

It is best to go to bed early. Hopefully everyone will abide by their curfew.

102welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 am

nautilus

nautilus

Tiki The Troll wrote:
nautilus wrote:Alright. My esteemed benefactor and the co-owner of this bed and breakfast has responded to me.

So, it's not a puppy.

Damn...

It actually sucks.

I hope people aren't thinking that I'm just making up a punishment. Because there is one, it's game-related, and it sucks for whatever alignment gets the punishment.

Anyways, I'm just letting people know that I'm pre-writing rollover right now; there are no hints or anything in it so feel free to switch your actions up right before the grace period at 11:30AM.

I might be late putting up rollover because I also have to send out a ton of PM messages on top of it, so bear with me.

103welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:30 am

nautilus

nautilus

The grace period has begun. No actions may be sent in after this time.

104welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 am

nautilus

nautilus

This is probably the last time I'll mention this, but I want to make this clear.

A few of you are really smart so I think everyone's figured this out, but it is extremely broken for players to be able to pre-plan movements in-thread for future nights. It boils the game down to "Alright, you go to room #999, and you go to room #344, and you go to #999! Yeah!"

I understand that this is really frustrating. It's valid in most games to plan out actions in-thread, if the game is close to completion and you're near checkmate, and there's always the chance that someone could be lying all over the place or the mafia outplays the town. But the issue is that the room mechanic throws a wrench into all of this.

As a host, I really do not want this game to melt down into a game of people just coordinating room numbers night after night after night and being reliant on the doubling mechanic to tank through the game, without any thought on player analysis or discussion. I don't think this will happen, but I really don't want it to.

It's kind of like in an open game, where everyone begins hard claiming what role they have - I'd rather have players figure out through deduction what roles people think they are instead of people outright going "Hi, I'm the doctor role. Don't lynch me." In this scenario, it ruins the chance that the mafia has of winning because if everyone claims D1, then all the town has to do is lynch all the contested counterclaims and the mafia is found.

The rule is this:

Players cannot claim their room numbers in-thread. This basically involves any case (whether real or fake) of players publicly discussing which rooms they'll move into in the next night phase. There will be repercussions if players flaunt this rule. Speculation of room numbers otherwise is fine.

There will be a punishment, of course, but it actually sucks for the party involved and is the worst punishment. And I'm not like, tiptoeing around it or saying that just to scare people, there is a punishment and it will suck. It's not a modkill - I don't think slipping up warrants that big of a deal, but there is a catch in place if you decide to completely skirt this chain of paragraphs and publicly say which room you're going into.

My only message, really, is that:

If you're not sure if it breaks the rules, ask me. I really don't bite and even though this is like, the most serious post I've made this entire game, please please don't hesitate to ask me anything.

My job as a host is that I want this game to be fun for everyone to play, and I want this game to be fun for both sides. And if I make it fun for everyone involved, then that makes me happy.

In less serious news, a player informed me last night that I dun messed up because I wrote two different things about traps on the first page that completely contradict each other. So.

Final say on traps:
Two town in trapped room: trap is dismantled.
One town, one mafia in trapped room: trap kills town, regardless of whether or not mafia sent in NK.
Two mafia in trapped room: trap doesn't activate, trap is not dismantled. Treated like it was an empty room.

105welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 7 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 am

nautilus

nautilus

day 1.

Today’s Breakfast Special: Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup. Caramel apples as side.
[Gluten-free options available. Coffee available {Kilimanjaro blend}.]

It was late at night. The storm was still pounding, and you couldn’t get to sleep. As your eyes flutter between being awake and the safety of dreams, you can hear whispers. You peek your head out of your room and see a large congregation in the hallway.

A few exchanges later, and the stories are the same: you all came here on a rainy night. You all thought you were the only guest. You all were given free beds by the management. Some of you swear you saw a woman, while others speak of a shadowy man with red eyes. This is all very creepy.

Some of you are freaked out by this prospect of being in a haunted house, while the more skeptical of you who have watched a few episodes of MythBusters cite examples of why this clearly couldn’t be a haunted house. After an hour or so of discussion, everyone agrees to go back to bed and perhaps figure this out in the morning. Everyone heads back to their rooms (or other rooms; some had complained of uncomfortable beds), and you head back to yours. Everyone seems friendly enough. I mean, it would have been better if all of you had met in an actual Starbucks or something and not in this place.

Day came and you rolled out of bed to yelling and screaming. Still not the most awake person on Earth, you lurched out of bed and downstairs to find that the friends you had just met last night were panicking and banging on walls.

The windows don’t break. They don’t even open. The main doors are all locked shut. The phones are all cut in the house, and all of your cellphones are simultaneously dead. The management (the woman?) is gone. There’s no one but the 18 of you here. And the storm is still going on outside.

In the midst of the panic, you notice that the dining room table has doubled in size to seat 18 people. The dining room has also grown to accommodate a larger group of guests, and there is a hot and steaming plate of pancakes next to every seat with a glass of orange juice.

How about a daily meeting over breakfast?

Room #7 [Kiyoko-senpai Please Notice Me] was locked!
There was a kill attempt on a room, but it failed!
Day 1 has begun. Please vote for who (if any) you would like to lynch. A reminder that players only have one vote change.
Day 1 will end on August 12th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

Last edited by nautilus on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 36 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum