Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 66]

61welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Ninfia wrote:also I'm from vdex too! I went by nellaxival, if any of you remember me.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 3XcxO

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

62welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Kiyoko wrote:
Ninfia wrote:also I'm from vdex too! I went by nellaxival, if any of you remember me.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 3XcxO

OH MY GOOD LORD.

today is just the best day. oh my god. this is the most beautiful thing.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

63welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:35 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Finally read the rules. Some questions! Sorry these came in so late!

N0
Player A stays in Room 3.
N1
Player A is in Room 3 and wants to go to Room 5.
Room 5 has players B and C in it already.
N2
Player A is in Room 3 and wants to go to Room 7.
Room 7 has players D and E in it already.

Players cannot stay in the same room for more than two nights in a row. If a player refuses to move, on the third night they will be randomized into a room.

What happens in this case? The player stayed in the same room three nights in a row. Alternatively, what if the player tried to move to Room 5 on N0 (and it was full), and then to Room 7 on N1 (and it was full), and decided to stay in their room on N2? Essentially, I am asking if failed moves count towards the total for the rule.

Also!

So, both a town and a mafia member cannot enter a room with two people in it, correct? So if the mafia member with the NK chooses to go to Room 8 on N0, and Room 8 has Players X and Y, then what happens? Presumably the mafia loses a NK? Or would the mafia kill both players or RNG one of the players?

Also!

Mafia A and Town M go to Room 14 on N0.
Town N also submitted intent to go to room 14 on N0, but they submitted it after. According to PM priority, they would not be placed into the room.

Mafia A is the one sending in the NK on N0. Mafia A kills Town M N0 in Room 14. Thus, at the end of the night phase, it's just Mafia A in Room 14. Would Town N still be barred from entering the room?

Also!

So what happens if Mafia B goes to Room 237 and Room 237 already has Town G and Town H in it--BUT, Town G has a role ability that "does not count towards the room limit and allows 3 people into the room". Mafia B is the one performing the NK. Mafia B is able to enter the room according to the "3 people allowed" ruling of Town G's role. Would Mafia B kill both Town G and Town H?

Also!

Will we be told the room numbers in any capacity during rollover? Will the victim(s) of the NK and their room(s) be revealed during rollover? If a trap expires, will the room number be declared along with the trap expiration? Regarding traps, what if a player that has the aforementioned three-in-a-room ability enters a room with a trap in it, and another player enters, too. Will the trap be removed or will it require max capacity? Also, what if a mafia not sending in the NK enters a room with a trap in it along with another player--will the trap still be disabled? Also, if a mafia enters a room with a trap in it by themself, will they die?

Also!

If the NK is always the last action considered, does this mean that in the event of the previous scenario of Mafia A (NK), Town M, and Town N all elect to go to Room 14 on the same night, and Town N is the last to submit room movement? If the NK has last priority, would this mean that the mafia's movement would not happen and, thus, Town M and Town N occupy the room? Or do you mean NK priority is last in terms of active and passive roles?

Also!

We can't say what room numbers we'll be in, but I think I read a statement that we can claim what rooms we have been in (and on what nights?)? For that matter... can we say what rooms we won't be in? I'm guessing not because then "Well I won't be in [Every room number except the one I'm going to]!" Can we say "My room number will be  15>n>4"? These are not really in the spirit of the rules, so I assume not, but it never hurts to clarify.

Also!

The game starts at 11:00 AM EST on Monday the 10th of August, correct? That is to say in about 4.5 hours?

Also!

... thank you (and co-balancers!) for making a great game <3 I am very excited to play it!

Spoiler:

Edit: I wonder if I should've PMed these so that way the opposite faction, whichever I get, will not benefit from these answers.

... hm.

Edit2: Nah, I'm not scared. Bring it.

64welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:35 am

nautilus

nautilus

1: We all know what the true pairing is. Don't lie.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Q6bTRIE

2: NO DON'T BE SORRY. I actually have a google document that's literally a list of questions that people will probably be asking. One of the quirks about my mafia play style in open games is that my most enjoyed thing to do is figure out ways to break things horribly. So I just applied that knowledge to this game and broke it all over the place just to see what would happen.

What happens in this case? The player stayed in the same room three nights in a row. Alternatively, what if the player tried to move to Room 5 on N0 (and it was full), and then to Room 7 on N1 (and it was full), and decided to stay in their room on N2? Essentially, I am asking if failed moves count towards the total for the rule.

Failed moves would count towards the rule, but I should add that this is something that never happened in 5 rounds of using an RNG while the game was still vanilla. There may be a chance of this happening now that there are actual roles, so hard and fast rule now:

If your room movement goes through and you attempt to move to a room that's full it will count towards the rule.
If, at any point, your room movement is forcibly impeded (whether it be a role or otherwise) that prevents your room movement from starting in the first place, it will not count towards the rule.

So, both a town and a mafia member cannot enter a room with two people in it, correct? So if the mafia member with the NK chooses to go to Room 8 on N0, and Room 8 has Players X and Y, then what happens? Presumably the mafia loses a NK? Or would the mafia kill both players or RNG one of the players?

Mafia loses the NK, players are protected from the kill.

So what happens if Mafia B goes to Room 237 and Room 237 already has Town G and Town H in it--BUT, Town G has a role ability that "does not count towards the room limit and allows 3 people into the room". Mafia B is the one performing the NK. Mafia B is able to enter the room according to the "3 people allowed" ruling of Town G's role. Would Mafia B kill both Town G and Town H?

The NK doesn't fail because there's maximum people in the room, it actually fails because there's a doubling up of players in the room.

Which goes for all night kills, town or mafia; if a kill is set to occur in a room with two people in it, it will fail.

Anyways, see below about 3 people in a room roles.

Will we be told the room numbers in any capacity during rollover? Will the victim(s) of the NK and their room(s) be revealed during rollover? If a trap expires, will the room number be declared along with the trap expiration? Regarding traps, what if a player that has the aforementioned three-in-a-room ability enters a room with a trap in it, and another player enters, too. Will the trap be removed or will it require max capacity? Also, what if a mafia not sending in the NK enters a room with a trap in it along with another player--will the trap still be disabled? Also, if a mafia enters a room with a trap in it by themself, will they die?

Alright, so this is part of why the game took so long to balance. The answers to a few of these are final say from the H. P. Lovecraft abomination in the corner.

I'll answer all the questions in a row.

Kind of. Room numbers will not show up most of the time, though. Room numbers will not show up on regular mafia kills. Room numbers will show up on trap kills and vigilante (if they exist) kills.
Yes for victim, see above for room numbers.
No.
See a paragraph below for more info.
No. Both players have to be town to disable the trap. If the mafia ends up in a room with a trap in it with another mafia or something, the trap won't be disabled by both or one mafia in-there, and it'll be treated like it was sitting in an empty room.
No.  

If the NK is always the last action considered, does this mean that in the event of the previous scenario of Mafia A (NK), Town M, and Town N all elect to go to Room 14 on the same night, and Town N is the last to submit room movement? If the NK has last priority, would this mean that the mafia's movement would not happen and, thus, Town M and Town N occupy the room? Or do you mean NK priority is last in terms of active and passive roles?

UHHH THIS WAS BAD WORDING ON MY PART. Basically:

If two town members enter a room, and the mafia targets that same room, the kill with fail because of the doubling up. Part of this was to account for not everyone being around at 12PM EST.

In OG Pokefornia, the game this was based off of, the room movements were inbox priority (or at least I vaguely recall... a certain pair... being unable to save anyone). So you had this awkward situation where this would happen:

Pair moves into room.
Mafia moves into room, kills pair.
Second pair moves into room but they are too late to save Pair A even though doubling of pairs = kill protection, because the mafia sent in their kill action faster.

To make this easier on people who can't be around around rollover, if two players are in a room together by the end of the night, regardless of when the NK was sent in or when their room movements were sent in, the NK will fail.

We can't say what room numbers we'll be in, but I think I read a statement that we can claim what rooms we have been in (and on what nights?)? For that matter... can we say what rooms we won't be in? I'm guessing not because then "Well I won't be in [Every room number except the one I'm going to]!" Can we say "My room number will be  15>n>4"? These are not really in the spirit of the rules, so I assume not, but it never hurts to clarify.

I'm going to say that if your claim about which room number you'll be going to in the next night is obvious enough that I can see what you're getting at, makes it impossible to consider any other numbers, and it's public, that counts under the rule. This:

"Well I won't be in [Every room number except the one I'm going to]!"

will definitely not be allowed, as it basically implies which room you're going to.

If this is too vague, you're always welcome to PM me what you want to say and double-check if it's allowed. I actually encourage this if you want to approach this rule with a ten-foot pole.

I know that this is a completely valid strategy to pre-plan room numbers, but at the same time it also makes the game completely and utterly unfair for one faction over the other. This is a rule that I really do not want broken, and should you break it the punishment will not be fun, even if this is the happiest bed and breakfast ever**.

You can infer and discuss whatever you want for room numbers from previous nights.

re: 3-in-a-room: If a role can hypothetically surpass and be a third person in the room, the role is essentially "invisible" and is like a ghost in the room. Therefore, they wouldn't contribute to the two people needed to protect from a kill, or the two people needed to disable a trap.

Also the game starts in like an hour and a half from now, this is why I'm awake. Guhh.

**The punishment for claiming your room number in-thread will suck. It will suck.

Last edited by nautilus on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

65welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 am

nautilus

nautilus

I'll just keep double posting, I guess.

Role PMs are written and finally done, and will be sent out in a few minutes.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 M3WeoFZ

I'm ready for my inbox to be pounded.

66welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:00 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

*gently refreshes for my role pm aggressively*

alSO???

nautilus wrote:1: We all know what the true pairing is. Don't lie.

what is this. I am heart broken and disTRAUGHt

67welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:52 am

nautilus

nautilus

Ninfia wrote:

An amazing piece of art produced by a sentient fruit.

Anyways.

Role PMs have all been sent out, and game start will be in 10 minutes from now. Please let me know if anything is confusing. And thank you to my awesome co-balancer, you are amazing. ;_;

The ratio is 12:5:1.

68welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:55 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

nautilus wrote:
Ninfia wrote:

An amazing piece of art produced by a sentient fruit.

MY HEART IS LAID LOW BY................. AN APPLE.................

in other news I'm really excited to play guys! really excited!!! I've missed playing Mafia so much :'c

69welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:00 am

nautilus

nautilus

night 0.

You ran into the house, your belongings in an old shopping bag you dug up from the crevasse in the backseat of your car. The door seemed to swing open to let you in, but you didn’t care; the wind could’ve easily done that.

The inside of the house is kitsch and definitely from a bygone era, with small figurines and a wooden heart on one table and a pocketwatch on another. A woman is eating at dinner near the dining room table, having not noticed your loud and soggy entry. She looks up, and you inquire:

“Is th… this is a place where I can stay?”

The woman nods. “Yes,” she says, and she launches into a story.

The woman explains that in the past she may have had a couple of ventures, but they all failed. She used to own a hotel once, but it burned down a long, long time ago due to incredibly mysterious circumstances. And then she thought she’d try some of those new-fangled “reality TV” shows with an old property that had been passed down for generations in her family… er, or maybe since time began, she wasn’t quite sure. But that didn’t work out, either. Actually, none of her ventures have. But, she says, she’s determined to make a name for herself in the hospitality sector.

People these days, she mutters under her breath; one person dies and suddenly everyone clamours to burn down your hard-earned investments. No respect for the owners, none at all.

Dies?

The woman laughs. Pies, she said. All of her ventures involve people being hit with pies, and it’s a tradition of hers–

You motion that you’re not exactly interested in hearing her life story. Given the rain outside, you wouldn’t be surprised if they were waterlogged. Maybe you had just misheard.

As the rain continues to pound and remind you that the storm outside is getting pretty bad, you dig through your pockets and indicate that you wish to stay one night. The woman nods and mentions that there’s always a free room for a weary traveller in need. Sensing her kindness, you grab your wallet and ask what the going rate is for a room.

She smiles. Your visit’s all on me, dear, she says as rummages through one of her drawers. A guestbook is taken out.

All set, the woman says. You know, you seem like a friendly person… Familiar, even... Have you seen an advertisement for a house?

You ask why the word house is red and deny ever seeing any house advertisements. Actually, that word's been red the entire time. What the hell.

The woman doesn’t respond. You feel like she’s probably hiding something from you, but you decide not to pry. She’s giving you free bed and board (and breakfast) – maybe it might be better not to complain. Then again, you’re pretty sure this can’t go anywhere good. You saw all of those old horror movies on Netflix, you know what’s going down.

The woman hands you the keys to your room and smiles widely. She motions upstairs and says that your room’s upstairs. The tone of her voice sounds like she really wants you to go up there. You thank her for the keys and lug your bag full of belongings up the wooden staircase. Vaguely, you can hear her mumble about how your room number is her lucky number, or something like that, and that you’ll enjoy the company of the other guests. What a strange lady. There were no other cars parked outside the house when you drove up. What other guests …?

You turn your head around the corner once you see the top and see that the second floor is actually a ridiculously long corridor of rooms. You’re pretty sure that this was a tiny house when you drove up, and that you’d know for sure if there was a giant gaping hallway sticking out of the house. You decide to put those thighs of yours to work and jog the length of the corridor, and by god it’s quite a jog. You touch the wood of the old doors and realize that either you’re having some incredibly realistic dream, or this place is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. Creepy. And also slightly physics-breaking.

You decide to ask the woman what the heck is up with her freaky house, but she seems to be gone, and all the rooms except for the one on your key are locked. Pressing your head against the other doors doesn’t appear to yield any signs of life, either. Frankly, this is really weird and you should probably investigate some more, but the headache building in your brain and your heavy eyelids seem to disagree.

You unlock the door leading to your room (there seems to be a tiny blank door tag, how quaint) and are welcomed into the plainest room ever. One single bed. A tiny TV. Nothing really of note. The wallpaper is atrocious.

You have a feeling this is going to be a long night.

Night 0 has begun. All role PMs have been sent out. Please send in your room movements and actions.
Day 1 will begin on August 11th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

70welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:00 am

nautilus

nautilus

A few reminders.

Please separate your PMs and title them as follows (this goes for every future night, I'm just including it in big text here):

ROOM MOVEMENT - for your room movement (if you are also submitting the mafia kill, please mention this in your PM).

ACTION - If you have an action not tied to your room movement.

NAME for your room names

QUESTION for everything else.

This is because I will be receiving a ton of PMs tonight.

All actions/room movements must be sent in by 11:30AM EST on August 11th, as there will be a short grace period between this time and rollover in which no actions can sent in. This grace period will exist for all future nights, and is mostly because I need time to send out PMs and tangle room movements.

Note that every player in the game upon the night > day rollover will be receiving a PM, as mentioned on the first page. Any investigations or results players may obtain will be in that same PM.

A reminder that all rooms look like this:

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 R5vLciX

... If this is of any importance to you.

71welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:03 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

SPEAKING OF SENTIENT FRUIT

i miss pho
unless he be hiding here and i do not know it

ALSO OMG THE NELLA PICTURE, THAT WAS FROM MY TIME MAFIA I JUST WENT THROUGH AND RE-READ IT WAS SO AMAZE.

I AM HYPE

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

72welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 am

nautilus

nautilus

Someone PM'd me about something I had totally forgotten to disclose, so:

There are 27 rooms.

If you want to stay in your room, you have to send in a room movement PM anyways and say "yo I wanna stay". If you don't send me a PM at all about your room movement, I'm going to assume you don't want to move.

73welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:14 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

kkkooooOOOTTTAAAKIAAA!!!

it has been so long omg how are you hows life.

also ommggg yes that's right isn't it. what even was the context for that??? I guess I rambled about history probably???

also jeez, 27 rooms is a lot of room.

74welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

IT BEGINS.

Also after the game is over, is it possible to get the logs of who roomed with who and what they named their rooms? I want to know if I spend any ~quality~ time with people ;) ;) ;)

Spoiler:

ALSO esteemed host idk if this has been done yet could you update info regarding the PM titles on the front page? I know I'm going to be forgetful about it so it'd be really helpful for me, thanks!!

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

75welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 5 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:29 am

nautilus

nautilus

Ardonye wrote:IT BEGINS.

Also after the game is over, is it possible to get the logs of who roomed with who and what they named their rooms? I want to know if I spend any ~quality~ time with people ;) ;) ;)

Spoiler:

ALSO esteemed host idk if this has been done yet could you update info regarding the PM titles on the front page? I know I'm going to be forgetful about it so it'd be really helpful for me, thanks!!

Yes and yes!!! 8) Lemme add it to the giant wall of text on the first page.

YOU ARE STILL A SUPER COOL PERSON, TYSM FOR CREATING OG POKEFORNIA AND LETTING ME BORROW PARTS OF IT ;_;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum