Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 66]

586welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

i personally think it works like B

idk if plot is the message sender then I think they're town. ughhh idk who to vote for and i might not be... awake... for rollover.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

587welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:20 pm

chinomi

chinomi

Luxaria wrote:It sounds like it was written specifically so it wouldn't possibly contradict any existing roles?

I'm thinking about this. Honestly I don't really think I'd claim a role like this if I were mafia. Because eventually this role is going to pay off (if i don't get lynched). As time goes on it would look suspicious if no one posted in gibberish as numbers dwindled, which would seal my fate probably mid-game. If I were mafia I'd want to claim something more long-term that people wouldn't get suspicious of like protector. If I was maf I'm sure I could come up with an obscure kind of protective role that wouldn't be counter claimed, there are a vast number of possibilities out there.

edit: ninja'd!!!!!!!!! reading posts

588welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Chinomi's claiming some sort of alignment investigator that targets rooms and forces mafia to out themselves when they post in thread.

Kiyoko was likely already a town investigator of some kind, and since Kotakia appears to be role investigator I think Kiyoko is more likely to be an alignment investigator (or like the original student role, had a chance of finding alignments and a chance of finding roles).

I might believe chinomi's intimidation and gibberish claim, but I don't believe that it only works on mafia. So in the end I am also doubtful of her claim. She might be telling some of the truth, but not all of it, I think! ;v;

I also think I know who the neutral role is based on a few things that have been revealed in thread, and I don't think they're the room destroyer, but I also don't know if they're okay with being outed as neutral since they haven't said anything themselves.

589welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:

stoat alley.

chinomi: III

high seraph vs.
Luxaria vs. chinomi
Sammiya vs.
AliceofOz vs.
alcasync vs. chinomi
Mr. Alice vs.
T3tsuya vs. chinomi
Tiki the Troll vs.
Rasei vs.
drandahl vs.
plotstickers vs.
eleni vs.
deo vs.
chinomi vs.
Ardonye vs.
Ninfia vs.
Kotakia vs.

has anyone else voted

ALSO:
- Kiyoko will be doing vote tallies when I'm asleep.
- If you have any questions about roles or other things other players are not privy to know, please let me know ASAP unless you're willing to wait until morning.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

590welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

sIGN ME THE FUCK UP THAT'S SOME GOOD SHIT RIGHT THERE MMMMHMMMMM RIG HT THERE RIIIII GHT THERE HOOOOOOOOOOOOO /devours that shit

but also--
1. wait i seriously have to wait for town to confirm a maf??? DDD: li ke....o mgg....whats the point of a vigilante r ole....if you can't even trust your gut, like......WHAT IF I DIE BEFORE I GET TO USE MY ABILITY....I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO USE MY ABILITIES LAST GAME WTF....i can't believe you just......SAY something like that.....wtf.... (ok joking aside, i'm not sure if you should count on me for confirmed kills like that just doesn't feel like sound planning?? a lot of things could happen to me, or my dog, or my gun, or my bun, the works??)

2. i have no clue who to vote for still wtf i'm not getting up early for the early speculation crowd ok i'm a night hunter, not the crazy kind that wakes up at the ass crack of dawn for a lil duck

591welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:29 pm

chinomi

chinomi

alcasync wrote:I might believe chinomi's intimidation and gibberish claim, but I don't believe that it only works on mafia. So in the end I am also doubtful of her claim. She might be telling some of the truth, but not all of it, I think! ;v;

IDK WHAT ELSE TO SAY everything i've said has been honest but if you have any further questions don't hesitate to shoot em at me! just

not

with a gun ok

MAN I'M TRYiNG REALLY HARD TO STAY ALIVE JUST BECAUSE IT'S MY FIRST MAF GAME IN A LONG TIME HUFFS SO HARD plus i want to see my role actually work because it sounds hilarious lbr

592welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

So, let's say you're actually town. You're not, but let's say you are.

Chinomi wrote:5) I'm not going to. I know this is scummy as hell but they obviously have a good reason not to. It may relate to their power in some way and I'm not wiling to sacrifice someone else's position in the game over saving myself.

If you're actually town, it's detrimental to your faction to not reveal information that could avoid town lynching one of their own. By not complying, you are dramatically weakening your defense, and if we end up lynching you and you flip town, that means we just wasted an entire phase. Your faction stands far, far more to gain. Them being silent doesn't mean much of anything at this point, especially since mafia most likely just used their vigilante kill to take out Kiyoko. I sincerely doubt they can directly kill a player again. Maybe silence someone, but they would have no way of knowing what role this hypothetical town in your room might have.

Also, why is this person guaranteed to be town in your books? What if they're mafia staying silent, banking on the fact that you wouldn't reveal them against their will? Don't you stand a lot to gain by outing someone for being silent? What if this person can then be confirmed as a town? It helps us with process of elimination, if their alibi and claims are good.

Of the 18 players in the game, these are the ones that were silent about their rooms on the nights you proclaimed a buddy:

N0
Drandahl
AliceofOz
High Seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki the Troll
Ninfia
Eleni
T3tsuya

N1
High Seraph
Kiyoko
Sammiya
AliceofOz
Mr. Alice
Tiki the Troll
Ninfia
Deo

Drandahl x1
AliceofOz x2
High Seraph x2
Mr. Alice x2
Tiki the Troll x2
Ninfia x2
Eleni x1
T3tsuya x1
Deo x1
Kiyoko x1
Sammiya x1

Kiyoko and Drandahl are dead and town.
Everyone except High Seraph claimed at least one time across the three nights. Some of those other players may have gotten pulled into claiming, true. However, at this point everyone but High Seraph has claimed at least once or died. They probably won't care if you say their names.

It's a very weak excuse, in my opinion.

Edit: Many posts came in while I gathered this. Reading.

593welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:34 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

chinomi wrote:
i think it's about time i revealed my role because with the lack of votes today i really do fear a last minute bandwagon on me. i'm sort of like a reverse-voodoo role (is that what these roles are called? please let me know). i can target a room each night and if the room i chose contains a SINGLE mafia member then they can only post gibberish the next day so i can find mafia members if i AIM RIGHT AND TRUE which i thought would be initially useful but targeting rooms has been harder than i originally thought.

i'm not sure why my roomie hasn't claimed but i kind of believe they have a reason not to if they haven't. i'm going to stick myself to letting them come out and say it if they want to. however, i will say that i did NOT have a roomie last night. doesn't look good on my end but i have to be truthful.

chinomi wrote:
4) It mentions that it only works if it's a mafia member who is alone in the room since my role can't successfully 'confront' and 'intimidate' them.

5) I'm not going to. I know this is scummy as hell but they obviously have a good reason not to. It may relate to their power in some way and I'm not wiling to sacrifice someone else's position in the game over saving myself.

WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS MAFIA THREAD INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?

This is BS. I am sure of it, here's why.

I do not believe anybody but a mod can change player's posts in game. Naut isnt one as far as I know. This role is unenforceable. Even if the players had to promise to play nice or they'd be punished, that still makes no sense given...

In a game where mafia members are incentivized to stick together or at least with other people to avoid both suspicion and kill effects, your role essentially can only "reliably" hit the NK mafia and that's it.

That means your role would be a 1/27 shot in the dark every single time you use it. For what amounts to literally a silence effect. We're under the impression right now that Mafia not only has a silence themselves, but it's a targetable effect.

Compounding on this is the fact you are claiming your role, on top of silencing, fantastically outs somebody as Mafia for the world to see.

Kiyo was already an investigative role. You're apparently an investigative role. We have some other people who act as if they can investigate.

How many investigators do you propose town has?

For a game with such a heavy emphasis on balance, this makes 0 sense.

Yes you not wanting to reveal information is as scummy as the Alice situation where she also did not want to reveal information to clear herself.

I don't buy it. Not even a bit. I'm sorry. I will eat my hat if you flip as Town.

Mr. Alice wrote:
umm not quite sure if i want to answer this yet, just in case it's one of things where it's bad if maf knows

Luxaria wrote:You target a player with it, correct?
my answer's gonna be about the same with the above reply, but i will say that my reluctance in answering both of these is mostly due to me like, not being sure if it's something that would ONLY be able town

Luxaria wrote:Do you have this role for the rest of the game? And will it be your only role?
i don't wanna say it outright

Luxaria wrote:Is there anything else you can tell us?
if enough people weigh in on whether it'd be more helpful or not to explicitly answer them, i can see how i feel about it then?

Look I'm sorry for needing to go Good Cop / Grumpy Cop on you with Luxaria here with her offering you treats and me eating it in front of you, but you need to talk a bit.

You are in a situation where if you are town, town doesn't trust you and Mafia is extremely aware of your situation. If they see you as a threat and they want to kill you, they will do it if they have the means. If they framed you, mafia is smart enough to know what's a wise kill.

And a vig role, even if it's active every other night when a player has died before who's name starts with a "J" and exactly 5 votes were cast, is still a useful enough threat that if they could get rid of you they would.

You will have died without giving anybody any information or being useful to town in the slightest and we will be left facepalming.

If you are Mafia, town still does not trust you, and you not revealing information makes you a larger and more suspicious threat. Enough so that you may be lynched in the coming days just because there is virtually nobody else as scummy as you ended up by not letting this information out to help town plan around it.

In either situation, whatever alignment you are, it is advantageous for you to give information. So I don't strictly understand why you're not. I think you really have to give us a bit more to go off of, but that's just me.

Alice wrote:@T3t: i explained the invisible bullet thing! not sure if you missed that edit, or if it's still unclear, but again, it doesn't really mean anything according to nautilus, so just think of it as a normal bullet? holla if that still doesn't make sense, i'll try harder :'(

I saw that after I posted, it got lost in my several post reference tabs I have open, it makes sense.

And a quick reference to the neutral role.

Killing neutral roles are not unheard of. And I feel like if our room exploding role from earlier is anything, it's one of them. If there's any element of randomness to it like was suggested earlier I don't think it would be a Mafia role due to how closely balanced the hosts tried to make this. If Mafia gets hit with it's own killing role it is massively disadvantageous and would tip the entire game in the wrong direction.

Consider this as well.
The neutral role has not been contested.

They killed Kiyo first. They may have a win condition that says "Kill X amount of people" or "Destroy X amount of rooms with people in it" or something similar. Kiyo is one of the big hitters in terms of investigation based on speculation and she has been posting a big info dump whenever she could. She likely would have been suggesting the same thing.

And honestly with the fact that it only hits after I think it was 2 nights will no kills, that seems counter productive to mafia's goal of getting a night kill every night.

That's my take on it anyway. I just don't think it adds up. I could be completely wrong, but I feel based on the information we have it's the most likely scenario.

594welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 pm

chinomi

chinomi

i never said i thought they were 100% town but i dont want to take the risk. i just think people who choose not to claim their room have a good reason to. would it be less scummy for me to out them? yes. absolutely. i fully admit that but i just can't do it.

edit: NINAJSSHAHSSs

595welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:39 pm

alcasync

alcasync

High seraph mentioned a few phases ago that he hadn't roomed with anyone on N0 and I think also maybe N1. It was around when he said that so far he's only used his role to "stay safe at night" or something like that. ;v;

Umm and I think it's safe to say that Kiyoko was alone on N1 because she didn't have any other investigation result for us and she said she could only investigate people she was in a room with.

And I can't prove this but I think it's very likely that drandahl was in room 22 on N0, since it was his starting room, and it's where he was on N1 also.

That's it for room movements from my notes, that I didn't see reflected in yours. Thank you for continuing the info posts, Luxaria! They're very useful!

596welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 pm

chinomi

chinomi

OMG WHY DO PEOPLE THINK NAUTILUS WOULD CHANGE THEIR POSTS FOR THEM HAVE THEY NEVER SEEN A GIBBERISH ROLE IN A MAF GAME BEFORE IM GOING TO CRY THIS ROLE HAS BEEN IN PLAY TONS OF TIMES BEFORE WHY WOULD I PRETEND TO BE THIS KIND OF ROLE

also of course it's a small shot, like others said there are investigator roles out there and this is... i guess sort of investy in that it can find out mafia? but im sure it's weak/hard to hit in order to balance the game properly. plus, when you think about it, when/if it DOES hit then it's a for-sure call out to a mafia member. plus it gets a higher chance of hitting as more rooms get destroyed. i don't think it's entirely underpowered, just less useful/accurate early in the game. unfortunately it's starting to look like it's my end here....................

597welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:41 pm

chinomi

chinomi

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Can-stock-photo_csp21031907

598welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:43 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

Typed a really long comment on mobile but it crashed and I lost it all. So summary of what I wrote since I can't be bothered rn: don't lynch chinomi tonight pls. Sammiya why do you not consider me town? Mr. Alice should be allowed to use their ability without us directing them because posting = can be countered

Now I'm going to take my rage out on my lunch at the loss of my post

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

599welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

alcasync wrote:snip

Ah, thanks. ;_; I've gotten so lost in trying to keep the list updated and interrogate people that I haven't double- and triple-checked my notes like I usually do... or maintained them this phase, oof. I just sort of assumed the room claims were right in the info dump.

I'll... go see if I can find sources for these statements and then update the infodump. T_T

@ Chinomi:

I am going to lock my vote on you if you do not reveal which players you roomed with and on what nights.

P.S. I also don't buy the idea that the flavor says "the mafia member has to be alone in the room so you can confront and intimidate them." Why would a fellow town preclude you from going all boss-mode on scum? Preeeeetty sure your own faction would be down with harassing people breaking the ruurs.

@ Ardonye:

Why?

600welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 40 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Ardonye wrote:don't lynch chinomi tonight pls.

Like I said in my earlier posts, I'll happily change my vote for a good reason.

@Luxaria: Ahh, some of the things I said in that post weren't directly mentioned in thread, just my inferences based on peoples' posts/behavior, if that makes sense? So I don't think you could have known. ;v;

Umm I'm going to bed soon. I'll be following the thread a little longer on mobile but I don't like posting on mobile so I probably won't post unless it's really really important. I wake up before rollover though so I'll be able to change my vote if I need to.

But until I get a good reason it's staying on chinomi because I still find her claim kind of suspicious. ;v;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum