Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN]

+8
AliceofOz
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
T3tsuya
alcasync
Luxaria
Cthulhuhoop
Kiyoko
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 27]

121Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

vote: Tiki b/c ok yeah sure w/e ƪ(‾_‾)ʃ

122Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

T H E B A L L O T

CTHULUHOOP vs ALICEOFOZ TIKI THE TROLL
KOTAKIA vs ALICEOFOZ
TIKI THE TROLL vs TIKI THE TROLL
ALCASYNC vs TIKI THE TROLL
ALICEOFOZ vs TIKI THE TROLL
MR. ALICE vs TIKI THE TROLL
T3TSUYA vs TIKI THE TROLL
NAUTILUS vs TIKI THE TROLL

TIKI THE TROLL VII
ALICEOFOZ I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

123Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:11 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Vote: Tiki

If not only by virtue of the fact that I'm pretty convinced Alice is a friendly, and I don't want her eggs scrambled when everyone seems to be willing to try it out and take the plunge.

Fingers crossed that this does not literally blow up in our faces.

Also touching on earlier, Alcasync that looks exactly like what we're dealing with currently. It's weird that someone would choose that one specifically, but it looks like they did. And I think everyone can agree it's being played as a maf role.

As weird as it is, it's good you caught it. Kind of fortunate somebody picked it after all given that you could identify it.

124Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I'd argue this pretty much clears AliceofOz and I of being Mafia. After all, it would have been a clever plan to knock out two Townies and setup a win with a night kill tonight. First take out Lux in the day, then force us to vote for one of only two people, both town.
If this was the plan then, unfortunately for them, I got my name in there, and can take the hit.

Just as my left sock prophesied before getting forever lost in the drier.

I miss you, Leftie...

125Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:38 pm

alcasync

alcasync

If we think America is mafia...

Cthuluhoop can't be America because he was jailed.

Mr. Alice isn't America because I know this for role-related reasons.

Umm and I'm not America because I'm clearly claiming a role that has information on Mr. Alice.

I don't think AliceofOz is America because of that talk about the egg, though that could be misdirection? And also it'd be weird for America to use election day when they'd be one of the people up for a lynch.

I don't think Tiki is America because he's claiming lynchproof and backing up his own claim by encouraging everyone to vote for him, but I suppose there could be a mafia role that's acting on him.

I doubt T3tsuya is America because if he was, he wouldn't be suggesting that it's a mafia role.

So that leaves these people as Could Be America?

KOTAKIA
NAUTILUS

One thing I'm interested in is that if America is mafia, then they could have acted when it was AliceofOz vs. Cthuluhoop, because the votes were like that for a while, but instead they didn't use Election Day until Luxaria died, which then put the lynch between Tiki and AliceofOz. I suppose that could be that they weren't online, but if that's the case then America isn't Kotakia because Kotakia voted AliceofOz, putting it at Cthuluhoop I, AliceofOz II, and if she was America she could just trigger election day then.

So... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would really like to hear from nautilus!

Edit: Tiki, while I'm here, was Luxaria dying part of the Faerie role or did someone kill her?

126Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Um, so: my internet at home is down! I don't know when it'd be back up! I was all "Yeah! I'm going to type a post after I finish eating my dinner!" and my internet decided that it spontaneously didn't want to work. I'm typing this from my laptop, using my phone as a wi-fi hotspot.

Luxaria voted for me, but her... reason appears to be obscured by a black series of boxes, and she is also dead. How am I supposed to comment on:

Vote: Na█tilus █████████████████████████████████████.

Stating the obvious: I don't think alcasync is mafia because unless Cthulu was mafia and jailed out of the NK, that had to have been the NK unless shenanigans went on. I don't think being jailed confirms or denies Cth as town because the role itself can be either side, and has both town/mafia aspects (protection/stun). The only thing that makes me unwilling to vote him is that he, at least, did not send in the night kill.

Speaking of which, I do concur with alcasync that I find T3tsuya's jump in logic when referencing Cth a little strange; his phrasing suggested that the jail allows us to assume Cth is town just from the jail, when all it really means is that he didn't send in the night kill and could easily have been mafia who chose not to send in the kill. It may have been due to the fact that they exhibited confusion between whether or not a failed action disappears completely, or it shows up as distinctly blocked, but.

On the election: I read the role alcasync linked and I'm kind of "hmm" as to why this role decided to activate so early on in the game. It seems like a good way to force a lynch between two people late-game and prevent split lynches, but at the same time what do we have to gain from forcing the lynches to become a run-off between two people so early on D1?

On Luxaria/Cth/Tiki: The appearance of an intermission makes me think that someone submitted a kill on Luxaria at that time and it was an immediate action; otherwise it would have probably been bunched alongside rollover. Alternatively, it might have to do with whatever affected her posts, though I'm just gesturing here.

With respect to Cth, it seems like he's locked into alliteration during night phases? And there's Tiki with the socks. What kind of roles did people even submit

On Tiki: So Tiki has all but claimed lynchproof, and here's my thoughts:

1. He's telling the truth. I feel like a mafia lynchproof would probably save their lynchproof until they actually needed it, instead of going all rogue and suicidal on day 1. The power of a mafia lynchproof comes from the element of surprise at someone who is totally mafia being unlynchable, and by announcing that he is lynchproof he's basically wasting his chance to utilize that ability. On the other hand, if he's a town lynchproof... then the best use of a lynchproof ability is to lay low and not vote yourself and announce that you're lynchproof, because it gives you protection against accidental lynches and just... self-preservation, here.
  2. Tiki is lying, and is a bomb. I guess it makes plausible sense to cause such a ruckus inthread with all of their sock comments if they're a mafia bomb, to draw in the lynch and take someone out for the kill. At the same time, though... I feel like if they were a bomb (town or mafia) they wouldn't willingly enact a lynch on themselves on D1? For town, it runs the risk of taking out a player that's town when there's so little information available on the town side/the bomb would do much better taking out the sender of the mafia kill if it's an all-purpose, all-phase bomb that works in either phase. For mafia, why... would you use your bomb so early on. Why would the bomb vote themselves, inadvertently causing a lynch on their person, instead of waiting for an opening (i.e. they're about to be lynched) and then exploding. Who would set us up the bomb
  3. There's something else going on/he's lying and he's something completely else, which is plausible given that we appear to have some messed up roles in this game

That being said: vote: Tiki the Troll because:

1) It allows us to prove Tiki's role claim to some degree with hopefully little residual damage if they are not lying.
2) Kotakia basically admitted they made a joke vote and I do not want to follow a joke vote to a forced lynch

127Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

No, unless Kiyo basically rewrote the role, there's no way Lux, as the Faerie, could off herself.

128Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 pm

alcasync

alcasync

My thought is that Tiki has a multiple-part role where an attempt on his life triggers some sort of Part 2 to his ability? I didn't submit any abilities like that so if he is, I don't know the details.

In any case, based on what we've seen so far, I don't think it's as simple as "just lynchproof" or "just bomb." ;v;

Oh ninja'd! Umm in that case then there's some sort of day vig, who might be mafia because I don't know why a town would kill Luxaria in the middle of the day like that.

129Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Also, re: America:

I want to say America is mafia because of the misplaced nature of the election day. It seems way too hasty to activate that aspect of the power on D1 when the large majority of these votes on this day are going to be completely random or weak votes (or self votes, apparently). The role is more advantageous when the player has a field of candidates for mafia that they want to pick off through forcing town to lynch one of them, or they want to prevent a split-lynch late-game, but

also this power can only be used once so why use it on D1

130Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Nautilus, if you're not America, who do you think is America? nvn

131Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:12 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hm... :Oa I don't think AliceofOz, Tiki the Troll, or Cth are America for obvious reasons - Cthulu isn't America because of rollover, and between Tiki/Alice - if any of them are America, then it basically means that they put themselves up for election and if America is mafia... then why would you risk getting yourself lynched.

That leaves T3T, Kotakia, alcasync, and Mr. Alice. However, you claimed some form of investigative/role that can discern information about other roles in the form of your comments with Mr. Alice, so I'm willing to sit with that for now and trust that. I'd rather not suspect someone of being America who's overtly suggesting that they have investigative abilities out of principle; I'd rather take stock in an investigative claim than outright deny it or oppose it at the beginning to avoid running the risk of (investigative role) being mislynched. For that same reason, I don't strongly think Mr. Alice is America right now.

So I'd think America is either T3T or Kotakia, by process of elimination, unless you are bluffing or Mr. Alice is somehow a weird role miller of some sort.

132Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 pm

alcasync

alcasync

For the record, I'm not claiming investigative. I have a passive ability that has a chance of triggering when I'm acted on with certain actions. And I don't get information about other players or roles specifically, just about certain things that happened at night.

But I do know that Mr. Alice didn't send in the NK or the jail.

133Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Checking in a little bit before rollover, I can jive with everyone's suspicions. They seem rooted in good logic. There's a few things I'd like to address about some people who there's been suspicions about, so,

Time to divulge a little bit of information that I have about all this.

I do not think Kotakia is America. I can confidently say that because I'm fairly certain Kotakia received my role. Which does, like she said, nothing. Until [ROLE TRIGGER] occurs. Which has not happened yet.
I'm not entirely sure how much Kiyo changed the submitted roles, but the role trigger was a pretty central concept to mine. So I believe that part of my submitted role has still survived intact enough to rule out Kotakia.

I can say nothing about Mr. Alice, as he has barely posted. Though, I feel like there's worth in noting that in just about every post he's made there has been random spaces in some words. I'm not sure if he normally types like that, but I also feel we should be wary of any textual quirks. Especially given that one role that affected Luxaria's post so fantastically had to do with text being messed up.

I, obviously, refute that I'm mafia based on the same reasons Alcasync mentioned. There's no reason for me to go into it too much, there's no winning trying to defend yourself in a mafia game where nobody knows anyone else's role yet, so I will just let my actions and investigation speak for me.

alcasync wrote:
I don't think Tiki is America because he's claiming lynchproof and backing up his own claim by encouraging everyone to vote for him, but I suppose there could be a mafia role that's acting on him.

I legitimately have not thought of that. That's a really interesting take on it. I'm not sure if I think that's the case, given that Tiki was like that immediately, and before the rollover. But there's no reason to think Mafia couldnt have a role that targeted at the start of N0. I still feel very strange about Tiki's behavior, as I'm sure some other people do. I agree with Naut that Tiki might be a bomb. I guess we'll see. I still think the situation reeks.

Additionally, given the new information given to me by Kiyo about how blocks work with night kills. I thought of something I haven't come up with before.

What if Cthulu is America, and targeted himself?
The role lays itself out as a very safe role. It wouldn't have been a terrible decision to target yourself for safety and then, according to the America ability given to us by Alcasync, called for an election when it best suited you. I also notice that the America jailer role is written notably differently than other jailer roles usually are. And there's no telling what Kiyo changed in terms of what is allowable.

I'm not sure how much I subscribe to this theory, and this is not an accusation. It's a new line of thinking and something we should consider on our list of things to mull over. It's tricky, but it's possible.

Either way, we're not immediately in a terrible position if Tiki is being honest about the lynchproof role. It would actually save one of us. If we lynch Tiki like we're set to do, and she does not die, I think those with the ability to do so should consider her plea for protection.

Here's to hoping. Fingers crossed for rollover soon.

134Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

N I G H T O N E

This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "█████████████████████████████"

Tiki the Troll was targeted for a lynch, but it failed.

Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 QzkTS0f

Send in your night actions before 8:30pm PST. Day 2 begins 9:00pm PST on Thursday, June 16.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

135Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Lv. 2 [REDACTED] [MAFIA WIN] Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

T3tsuya wrote:Either way, we're not immediately in a terrible position if Tiki is being honest about the lynchproof role. It would actually save one of us. If we lynch Tiki like we're set to do, and she does not die, I think those with the ability to do so should consider her plea for protection.

But, I'm a dude. :|
And I'm honest! :D

And I'm a troll...not in that way, you racist! Though it does mean I can speak a bit oddly, be a bit strange, and overall, have at least a little mischief in me! 8)

But anyway, yep! Not in too bad a spot, being only one Town player down...and one that can act from beyond the grave. Oh, I'm not going to say how, not going to give details on how I wrote up the Faerie (esp. with how Kiyo may have tweaked it). At least not until it could possibly help us Townies, as in the meantime, saying too much could hurt our so-far only confirmed Town player.

Y'know, the dead one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum