Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!]

+7
Pan
nautilus
Rasei
Kiyoko
alcasync
Luxaria
Kotakia
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

76TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I actually have some reads on nautilus that I'm not currently willing to share with the thread that makes me unwilling to vote nautilus today, at least.

But with three minutes til rollover I guess it's a moot discussion point.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

77TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

All Cloth Unravels when they are held together by a single thread. Pull that loose thread a little harder...

Luxaria was lynched! They were Pull The Thread. They were mafia.

The ratio is 5:2.

Night 1 begin.
Day 2 begin at 3 PM CST on June 25th.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

78TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

There we go.

Edit: Assuming no miller/tailor shenanigans, Luxaria's unwillingness to vote for AliceofOz makes me question Alice's alignment too.

Edit2: Reminder for everyone to act, as per alca's request.

Jailer, if you're town, I'd prefer you try to use your jail as a stun rather than a protect. If you're maf, then well, disregard.

79TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:14 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I used this gif in a previous game, but I guess it's appropriate to use this now:

Spoiler:

I guess the one thing that bothers me about this lynch is that no... one defended Luxaria except for AliceofOz's hesitance on Kiyoko's vote, which is strange since the town was in a MYLO situation and could have pushed for a mislynch much harder? No one actually voted anyone other than Luxaria, except for Luxaria herself and Mr. Alice. Huh.

She got lynched on a very slight ratio, too, and no last minute voting shenanigans occurred (though it may just have been Kiyoko and I commenting on them happening or something that scared people off).

I agree with Kiyoko on the observation re: AliceofOz, though.

EDIT: Kiyoko-senpai noticed me ;_;

80TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:I guess the one thing that bothers me about this lynch is that no... one defended Luxaria except for AliceofOz's hesitance on Kiyoko's vote, which is strange since the town was in a MYLO situation and could have pushed for a mislynch much harder? No one actually voted anyone other than Luxaria, except for Luxaria herself and Mr. Alice. Huh.

Judging by the number of users online, hidden or otherwise, Rasei, Lucaseraph and Pan were all away from thread between when I first placed my vote and rollover. Which means that if any of them were Luxaria's mafia teammates, they wouldn't have been present to defend her anyway.

81TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:24 pm

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

That is a good question, especially since I would have voted No Lynch instead of voting for her. It's pretty obvious that I never suspected Luxaria in the first place. You can question my alignment, that's fine. Your reason for suspecting me is out of my control anyway.

I held back on voting No Lynch to save Luxaria, even though I really wanted to do it. But due to what Kiyoko and nautilus said, I guess I did understand why they were trying to rush a lynch. I say rush because that's what it looked like. Honestly, maf or not I still found that to be quite reckless. I didn't save Lux in the end because, well, I knew that I'd end up looking even more suspicious than before.

Why would I save Luxaria, even after all those good arguments against her? And if I were to save her, I wouldn't have any good reasons besides 'Well..she doesn't seem suspicious to me. Let's just wait this night out, yeah?' ,which would make me even more suspicious. Plus my lack of confidence in playing these games just prevents me from acting sometimes, but ignore that excuse.

82TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I find it a little unfair to say we were trying to rush a lynch when nobody else seemed to be participating in thread. I held off on voting for as long as I felt comfortable in hopes that other people would add more to the discussion, and at the time of my vote, it was the best option based on the information I had.

I know other people have more conservative playstyles where they avoid killing or lynching other players unless either it's unavoidable, or unless there's a 100% chance of that player being mafia, but I've always played from the perspective that if nobody talks and nobody votes, it won't be a very interesting game. From my point of view, if someone needs to be the person to get discussion started, it might as well be me, because I know my own alignment and I can trust myself.

Besides, look what happened in arbitrary maf where everyone voted NL in hopes of stalling for more information, and then mafia had an ace up their sleeve where they could end the game immediately the following night.

83TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:46 pm

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

Yeah, I completely understand why you'd lynch instead of no lynch. I think your explanation for that is pretty solid.

I thought it was reckless because when you first voted for Luxaria your reason was 'For reasons', which made it look like a random vote since you didn't offer any explanation, along with a 'No need to follow this vote.'

84TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yeah, I can understand that. I don't usually like to share my reasons for voting straight away, regardless, because a vote doesn't need to be a random vote in order to be a reaction vote. Besides, people were already suggesting that I might be investigative, so I was wondering if Luxaria would respond the way I'd expect a maf to respond to someone who might be investigative. And she kind of did. So.

For the record I am not investigative.

85TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

nautilus wrote:
Finally: @Mr. Alice: any reason why you voted AliceofOz, or was it just a gut feeling sort of deal?

Waaay late for this probably, but idk, I saw AOZ's reaction to Lux getting voted, and thought it would be interesting to see what they would do if both of them were up on the chopping block.

Is that mean? It feels kinda mean. Sorry about that. :'(

86TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:05 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Judging by the number of users online, hidden or otherwise, Rasei, Lucaseraph and Pan were all away from thread between when I first placed my vote and rollover. Which means that if any of them were Luxaria's mafia teammates, they wouldn't have been present to defend her anyway.

Huh, alright. I guess it's plausible one or more of those three might be mafia, but given that they were all away when the votes started to get thrown down, it's hard to pin down their alignments since they could easily be either away town or mafia.

In response to the conversation about votes: It was, admittedly, reckless of Kiyoko to vote that way and for me to follow up on it when there was a 50% chance (from Kiyoko's standpoint) of Luxaria being mafia and a slightly lesser chance from my viewpoint that Luxaria was mafia. But I feel like we almost ... had to be reckless, given the quiet nature of the thread for most of the day. There were very few lynch alternatives made available in thread except for Mr. Alice's vote on AliceofOz, and I wasn't going to vote someone else and bring the lynch to a three-way tie or advocate for stalling to a potential LYLO, nor did I feel comfortable for voting AliceofOz at that moment.

It's... this is tangentially related, but I'm not asking people to write outright essays about why repeatedly using a word multiple times makes someone totally mafiaTM or post every 10 minutes or something. It's just very hard to speculate when there's very few people posting or generating discussion, especially that close to rollover, and sometimes reckless actions like that have to be made to drive discussion in some way. It benefits town a lot more to be proactive than reactive, even if it means taking actions like this.

That being said, I hope that a lack of confidence isn't deterring you from participating in this game too much, Alice(ofOz). :( If it makes you feel better, I was absolutely mortified the first time I played mafia but you get more confident over time. I find it better to just say what's on your mind and babble; even if some of it is wrong, you generated a bit of discussion and put forth some ideas, which are always great in a mafia game. I operate on shameless babbling 100% of the time and it works okay, I guess.

As an aside, I'm also going to assume Luxaria was mafia unless proven otherwise, because that just makes things easier on me instead of having to constantly think "But what if Luxaria was a miller/tailored by someone..." I'm not going to rule out the possibility entirely (if she were town but flipped as mafia that would explain the general lack of defense outside of AliceofOz, though it might have also just been due to general inactivity in the thread as per what Kiyoko said), but it just makes things simpler.

@Mr. Alice - I personally don't think it was mean, though I will say that your vote did give us some curious information regarding the lynch, so thank you!

Jeez, everyone in here is named Alice. You're Alice, she's Alice, are there any other Alices we need to know about.

Also, apologies if my posts have any errors in them; I'm running on a criminally low number of hours of sleep right now and a slight migraine has started to set in. Sorry for any incoherence today.

87TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Kiyoko wrote:Edit2: Reminder for everyone to act, as per alca's request.

Is that supposed to apply for all nights, or just that one time? o:

And also, also! If the numerous Alice's are confusing people, feel free to address me as Blaire! Maybe I should put it under my userpic? Would that help?

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing issues)

88TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

In terms of tonight's actions and tomorrow's lynch, I suppose on the off-chance I die, here are my thoughts on all the players so far. Including, I suppose, myself and the dead players.

Ranked in order of people I am least to most suspicious of.

Kiyoko
Claimed not investigative; has role-related info that D.R. is likely to be town. First to vote Luxaria.

Mr. Alice
D.R.-senpai. Very very likely to be town, for role-related reasons. Voted AOZ.

nautilus
Hammered the lynch on Luxaria. I'm also getting town reads from her posts so far. I'm okay with considering nautilus town for now and not really speculating on her any further.

AliceofOz
Claimed an active role, but not jailer. I honestly have no reason to suspect AOZ based on her own posts/actions. The only thing that's possibly questionable is Luxaria's hesitance to vote for AOZ, but that could be explained by a) Luxaria's own admission that AOZ would probably vote her back if she voted for AOZ, or b) friend bias. Or a mix of both. Allegedly would have voted no lynch, but opted not to save Luxaria due to believing that her reasoning for saving Luxaria would not have been as persuasive as others' reasons for voting her.

high seraph
Has only posted twice. The first time was a general "woah hold on" to alca's request, and the second time was general speculation on the jailer, and on me and Mr. Alice. Was likely not online during the active voting period, which, if he were mafia, would explain the lack of real defense for Luxaria.

Rasei
Asked a question about protections (protecting from jail and protecting from suicide) and then claimed not doctor. Was likely not online during the active voting period, which, if she were mafia, would explain the lack of real defense for Luxaria.

panpanpandy
Hard to say since he's been out. Was likely not online during the active voting period, which, if he were mafia, would explain the lack of real defense for Luxaria.

Now onto the dead people.

Sammiya
Probably the N0 night kill, maybe investigative like nautilus speculated based on her trope name. Even including weird mafia gambits, I don't see Sammie as anything but town.

alcasync
Died most likely as a result of her own role. Fairly certain she's actually town. Even if anyone is suspicious of her having a misleading alignment, she's dead right now, so we'll worry about her if she comes back to life.

Luxaria
By Occam's razor, I think we should assume mafia unless later evidence comes up that implicates some sort of misleading alignment thing. Voted no lynch.

So in conclusion, the people I'm most suspicious of are Rasei, high seraph and pan, mostly through process of elimination, really.

@Blaire: alca said to act on "either N0 or N1", so everyone act tonight if you didn't act last night, I suppose.

89TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Ok thanks for the clarification!

90TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Sorry, I meant to be home before rollover, but got distracted with my book at the cafe I was eating lunch at after shopping. Also on Friday, I'm not going to be home by roll-over because I get off at 3ct, but I will make sure to vote.

I'm sorry for not posting much because I got home past 11 my time yesterday, and I had to be out of the house by 8 this morning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum