Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

DISTROCTION: a fanfiction

+9
drandahl
angel★
katze
Ninfia
ezzelin
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
nautilus
high seraph
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 24]

136DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:51 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Redirection Theory Example:

I attempt to amputate Ninpia's feet. Ninpia is probably Tiki the Troll.
Tiki the Troll's feet are amputated.

@darndahl/Tiki - Actually, no, I had another idea for who Angel was (hence my unease about her lunch).

General comment but I am mildly curious as to why Katze seems so adverse to having certain people dying. At first I thought the Angel stuff was because we were on the same page on who Angel was but now I'm not so sure?

also i see you el zorro

Last edited by rautilus on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

137DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Thank you for sharing, hgih serap.
Unvote, Vote: No Lynch
Esp since, if votes rebounded, that would mean some people would become impossible to lynch if the person who is their role is dead, no?

138DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:58 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Tiki wrote:Esp since, if votes rebounded, that would mean some people would become impossible to lynch if the person who is their role is dead, no?

wouldn't that be really broken though because what if the final mafia is like, mr. alice and blaire is dead. if they're rendered unlunchable or unkillable by virtue of their partner role being dead, there's no way to get rid of them unless I have to go to two separate locations and then the library and then get the [REDACTED]

139DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As a white straight male, I think the point of Tiki's post was to illustrate that lunches must resolve normally.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

140DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I think that its likely that voting is normal? the problems that could arise from having a shifted voting system seem greater than the payoff. I think any redirection is probably normal redirects in the night phase?

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

141DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

As a white straight male, if Katze tried to jail me and the jail landed on Dylan, that means that the original NK target was the person who has Blaire as a role and thus lynching them is the opposite of what we want to do.

142DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:11 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Ohhh, okay. The same question does apply to what happens if someone's "pass the buck" partner is already dead and the player in question gets shot at, regardless of whether or not the lunch resolves normally.

My theory based on this theory was that perhaps people with dead partners have actions resolve normally on them, because they have no one to pass the buck to, but I digress.

I do think the redirection theory does have some basis, and given this post I feel like Tiki at least knows something that makes him think that it's very likely the case (with some added theorizing)

Edit: Wait...wait...WAIT...
...Holy fuck. I think i was right. I think the actions we send target the person with the role, and I think I've just determined a lot of people's roles, at least as far as names go.
...heh...

Other reasons:
- I do not believe Lucas is lying about anything on the front page
- In that case, I don't believe the claiming rule is in place to prevent something like IKEA maf from happening because I believe Lucas is correct when he says the ratio is somewhat reliable
- Meta but Lucas was worried about ratbook spoilers and so far the only piece of art that has been sent to me is the one accompanying my role PM, which shows my role... character... person
- As a result given his RATBOOK SPOILER FEARS and the fact that there's no claiming in this closed role game, I feel like it's possible that the claiming rule is to prevent people from claiming what player they are explicitly, and if that's the case then there might be some kind of mechanic relating to player names

... I don't think Katze tried to jail Kiyoko because I think Katze straight up said the action failed + didn't... seem confident bussing was in the game or maybe I'm misinterpreting

Edit: And if there IS bussing in this game, imma be SO UPSET RAWR

God let me just edit the first post. I feel like it'd be easier if I use an example that's pretty much in the game by this point rather than hypotheticals because I'm fucking myself up

143DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:12 pm

high seraph

high seraph

YLLAT ETOV

ninpia II
ezeling I
no lunch III

rautilus

kiyonko

tiki the torll

ezeling

ninpia

katzet

anglestar

darndahl

- anglestar ninpia ezeling

-

- no lunch no lunch

- no lunch

- ninpia

- kiyonko no lunch

-

- ninpia

144DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:15 pm

nautilus

nautilus

ok yeah, kiyoko is right NK was probably on whomever has mr. aliss as a role

so katze isn't actually town for me anymore i completely fucked up my own theory send me to church. in that case i would also be okay with lunching katze, since that was the main reason why i was not suspicious of katze or at least not willing to lunch katze.

don't speculate on 4 hours of sleep, everyone, it's dangerous

145DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

rautilus wrote:... I don't think Katze tried to jail Kiyoko because I think Katze straight up said the action failed + didn't... seem confident bussing was in the game or maybe I'm misinterpreting

I firmly believe I know a way to clear this up by the next day phase. We shall see.

146DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm

katze

katze

Okay so... everyone in my apartment KEEP TALKING AND I CAN"T FOCUS WHILE I READ BECAUSE THEY'RE LOUD AND I'M IRRITATED>

but i didn't bus nor jail. my action failed entirely. i dunno why it failed.

I was under the assumption that if you put an action on The Person, it'll actually go to the person they were given in their role pm.

Assuming the redirection stuff is actually happening, take this into consideration:

NK was on me. But it actually went to Alice because she was (the katze) in her role pm. So actions on real people will actually affect the person they are in their role pm. Mr Alice was me, and since I was targeted for night kill, it hit Mr Alice instead.

rautilus wrote:
Tiki wrote:Esp since, if votes rebounded, that would mean some people would become impossible to lynch if the person who is their role is dead, no?

wouldn't that be really broken though because what if the final mafia is like, mr. alice and blaire is dead. if they're rendered unlunchable or unkillable by virtue of their partner role being dead, there's no way to get rid of them unless I have to go to two separate locations and then the library and then get the [REDACTED]

If this is true, then yes the lynches would have to operate as normal or else there would be people who just can not be killed and yeah it'd be pretty broken. That's something I didn't think about.

147DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:29 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Man, my interpretation of the theory is the reverse of that and that actions resolve on the player who the original target is in their PM, so like... if Ninfia was targeted for a kill, Tiki would die.

I guess the reverse could also be true and Katze could have been the NK target and Blaire could have died because she was Katze? (in the above example, if Tiki was NK'd, Ninfia would die)

But we don't really know which directions actions go in even if the redirection theory is correct

So I take back what I just said and I guess maybe Katze or whomever Mr. Alice was was the NK, but we don't have any other points of data to go on a direction with this.

148DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Posting to say that as a white straight male, I am afk for the rest of the night except for an attempt to vote one minute before phase end as is expected of white straight males. Speaking of which, when is phase end?

149DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

In 21 minutes, I believe.
So post in 20 minutes.

150DISTROCTION: a fanfiction - Page 10 Empty Re: DISTROCTION: a fanfiction Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 pm

katze

katze

I have no idea. The reason why I feel the way I do is because I did an action on Kiyo, but it failed. And if she's Dylan, Dylan was jailed. So my action actually hit Dylan. And if he were jailed, actions on him would fail. Because he's in jail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum