Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [D4-N6]

+18
Crypsis
She-Ra
high seraph
ezzelin
plotstickers
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Tinylightsflash
katze
chinomi
angel★
Mr. Gerbear
alcasync
T3tsuya
Five
Cure
Kiyoko
nautilus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 51]

616distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Cure

Cure

Dog where did you find the item?

617distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:46 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

For me to be maf this series of events has to be true.

• I had to send Alca a message with my correct location that lines up with the message I sent Cure the previous phase. I had to also sign it.
  • I had to send a NK on Alca during the same phase I sent the message, rendering it useless.
  • That phase shift was during a day phase, it has to be maf aligned. I would have had to make the decision with my maf buddies to shift the phase while there is only one vote out there. On me. I had to determine this was the wisest course of action for some reason.

It makes sense if Cure and I were working together to clear me but she's the one that threw me under the bus in the first place. So if I'm going to end up dead, at least consider these facts in putting together your spec. I didn't have to claim my role at all. I could have just let Katze die silently and it probably would have generated less confusion, or at least confusion that didn't lead back to me. So before you decide not to buy what I'm selling, try to craft something more marketable yourself. What I said is how it happened. This above series of events is objectively convoluted and unlikely.

If I have to die later to prove it, that's fine. Like I said, the truth is not a democracy.

Last edited by T3tsuya on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

618distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:46 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

I found it after I was revived. I can't tell if it was an item you get as a souvenir from the after-life or if it was from the area I was in.

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

619distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Five

Five

Shoot Gerry and Tet in the face, honestly. Tet's explanation rests on a lot of bad premises, the strangest of which is that he somehow didn't know someone else would die if he got lynched. He's been saying the opposite???

Dog where were you though.

620distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Cure

Cure

That's only if you assume that the phase end came from mafia, and it wasn't an accidental use like the (maybe) last time. They could be two entirely independent things. And if they are, and the phase end came from a mistake used by a townie (who is in the Candles and Benches area right now, by the way? That's where the item is), it's more likely. If it was from mafia, then, yes, unlikely. The fact that no one is stepping forward to claim they did the thing makes it more likely it's mafia but you know.

You killing alca and sending her a message the same phase is something I could buy entirely on its own, though. You can easily claim you sent a message to alca the day she dies when she dies, and if she doesn't die, then the message is sent to her.

Also, also, operating under the assumption that phase ending item takes a full day to kick in, maf could have just wanted to end the phase early and not actually intended to lynch a townie. you getting caught in the crossfire would have been completely unintentional. after all everyone has kind of trusted you all game why would someone randomly follow you when you sent in the nk.

tet also kind of immediately advocated for gerry once he came back and wanted to lynch she-ra. they could be maf together. i dunno.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but i have a terrible track record with trusting him in particular and i don't trust myself to do it so i'm just... not gonna do that.

I EDITED A LOT IN THIS POST

621distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

I was at candles and benches when I was killed.

I used the item at night though, so I don't think it was me who cancelled the day phase.

622distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Cure

Cure

What time did you use the item? can you look at the time stamp. I think you did the thing, Mariya.

623distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Five

Five

Oh my god. Again?

624distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

I sent in a PM "Yesterday at 1:27 pm"

Rollover for N5 was 10am today for me.

Edit to add the phase end for D6 was at "Today at 11:00 am" for me.

625distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Cure

Cure

angel★ wrote:....wait

uh

i might've caused the phase end....................

i didn't make the connection at all until i was wondering if i had any items i could use, then realized that i already used it, then realized i had no idea what the outcome of it was, and then realized.....

....i also just checked my sentbox and i sent the action to use it exactly 24 hours previously so uh. i feel like that was me.

but in my defense i would not have expected it to do this at all????? if anything i would've expected it to skip the night phase???? ahhhHHHH i'm so sorry /o\

edit: also just a heads up i will probably be gone for most of tomorrow :(

angel after she used the phase ending item. she said she used it exactly 24 hours before it ended the phase.

unless she's lying, that's how the item works. if you use it at night, it ends the day phase, if you use it during the day, it ends the night phase. I'm pretty sure five's "item that can be used during the day or night" is this item in particular.

it's pretty unfortunate that it's worded so ambiguously (it probably skips the next phase after the person uses it), because it's been really anti-town so far because people don't understand how it works.

Edit: yeah, I'm pretty sure you did the thing. Is the item you had one that could be used during any phase? Five can you confirm this is how the item found in the place of Candles and Benches works?

I'm not sure about the exact time-thing, there might be a system for it, but this phase ended exactly an hour after rollover and the other short phase ended exactly two hours after rollover and i think it's unlikely that there's two different phase ending items, and if you used an item in the candle benches place, that is the phase ending item.

Last edited by Cure on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

626distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:59 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:That's only if you assume that the phase end came from mafia, and it wasn't an accidental use like the (maybe) last time. They could be two entirely independent things. And if they are, and the phase end came from a mistake used by a townie (who is in the Candles and Benches area right now, by the way? That's where the item is), it's more likely. If it was from mafia, then, yes, unlikely. The fact that no one is stepping forward to claim they did the thing makes it more likely it's mafia but you know.

You killing alca and sending her a message the same phase is something I could buy entirely on its own, though. You can easily claim you sent a message to alca the day she dies when she dies, and if she doesn't die, then the message is sent to her.

Also, also, operating under the assumption that phase ending item takes a full day to kick in, maf could have just wanted to end the phase early and not actually intended to lynch a townie. you getting caught in the crossfire would have been completely unintentional. after all everyone has kind of trusted you all game why would someone randomly follow you when you sent in the nk.

tet also kind of immediately advocated for gerry once he came back and wanted to lynch she-ra. they could be maf together. i dunno.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but i have a terrible track record with trusting him in particular and i don't trust myself to do it so i'm just... not gonna do that.

I EDITED A LOT IN THIS POST

These are some legit good points that I hope everyone considers and then reconsiders how and why they're incorrect after I'm dead.

I can't add any more than I already have so goodnight everybody.

627distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:01 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Okay then it was me who used it. What the heck. I really don't like how the item has a delay to it because if I had known I'd have used it differently.

Really counter-intuitive.

The only reason I wasn't sure it was the same item was because I found it right when I was revived so :|

628distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:02 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I'm really pissed off at myself so I'm just going to be MIA for awhile.

629distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:03 am

Cure

Cure

yeah i think some of the ambiguity with regards to items is really anti-town, because we have no way of knowing how they work and we wouldn't use them the way we have been if we did know... but we can't know how they work until we use them so it's kind of frustrating.

PSA: If you are in the candle benches area don't use the item unless you use it during the day phase.

630distortion [D4-N6] - Page 42 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:05 am

Five

Five

I've literally been messaging people about how it works basically every phase since I talked to angel (I missed one 'cause I'm an idiot and I also missed the early phase end.) Apparently I have not been choosing my message recipients well.

I can't confirm that 100% but it is my best suspicion. I thought that due to the flavor of the item it wouldn't skip a day phase but I had completely fucking forgotten that it already skipped one. Anyway I told a lot of people my best deduction possible for how the thing works and it's basically just as you said.

Dylan died with one of them btw in case anyone nobody guessed from my hints earlier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum