Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [D4-N6]

+18
Crypsis
She-Ra
high seraph
ezzelin
plotstickers
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Tinylightsflash
katze
chinomi
angel★
Mr. Gerbear
alcasync
T3tsuya
Five
Cure
Kiyoko
nautilus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 51]

316distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:15 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Oh that. I never said anything more about it because my assumption lines up perfectly with what has been explained later - crypsis being alca's friend and all. I assumed that was the reason they vouched for alca since they were originally introduced as "alca's friend" as far as my memory servers, so there.

ETA so I don't doublepost: Do you have any other reasons to be so particularly pushy about this matter?

317distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:17 pm

She-Ra

She-Ra

Cure wrote:
nautilus wrote:

But in the end, the curfew is simply just a few lines of text and a number on a piece of paper, a law hastily passed by a government who could do nothing better.

What does it mean when an entire populace leverages their faith and centers their lives on nothing more than that?

shoot them in the face

I feel like the government is getting blamed for a lot here. rude, tbh.

Also since I sincerely don't know anything about government plots...shadow government?? Am I a puppet??? (´・_・`)

318distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Five

Five

"Am I a Puppet?", the new hit anime coming fall 2016.

Anyway I thought I mentioned this but apparently I missed it in my last actual post, Tet basically said what I wanted to about Cure. I wasn't really saying she looked particularly mafia. She's acting in a way this game that seems very different from the usual town or mafia Cure. So it's not "lol Cure is maf" like you want it to be Tiki it's just "um Cure that's weird of you".

319distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I actually don't entirely see where the suspicion on She-Ra is coming from. Looking back on her posts, I feel like she was as open as she felt she was allowed to be given the claiming rules! I don't think a lynchproof makes someone automatically mafia.

The entire original reasoning behind her lynch was, "Well, what if the government is evil," but if the government was actually evil and She-Ra was aware of this, I don't think she would have hinted so openly that she was mayor in the beginning.

Also, umm... I'm not sure how much of Ardonye's character's words we should take at face value.

N3 to D4 flavor wrote:though if they plan to torture me with their secret alien technology and break my mind, they’ll… huff… have something coming to them, for I am an expert in anti-telepathy tools…

I have a theory about the flavor Tiki found, and I should be able to confirm it tonight. I'll post in thread with my findings. ;v;

320distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Cure wrote::V Tiki wants other people to agree with him that I'm suspicious.

He also won't drop it even after a lot of people have pointed out that it's kind of odd.

ezzelin wrote:ETA so I don't doublepost: Do you have any other reasons to be so particularly pushy about this matter?

Five wrote:So it's not "lol Cure is maf" like you want it to be Tiki

God dammit, fucking, no. It's not about getting people to agree with me.

Maybe it's just the underlying anxiety I've had for a while now (not related to game) that's bringing me here to post so much, but, fuck, I just wanted the followup mentioned there, and just some goddamn discussion about something I spent over 2 hours on, wrong or not.

And hell, one of the biggest motivators I had for making that is how I've never seen some of the people here more lackadaisacal than they've been in this game. I've seen a lot of you press leads, look into hunches, etc, with a ton more vigor with a lot less info in some of these games. It's just frustrating to see everyone just throw up their hands in a shrug and say, "I dunno."

Also frustrating is trying to put spec and theories out there (even before the mega post), only to have them largely ignored, and get told "you haven't really contributed anything."

But whatever. Ezz answered, clarified what she meant,a nd what happened was in line with her thoughts. Cool. Got it.

Edit: I'm sorry my frustration has hit critical mass.

321distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Cure

Cure

Tiki The Troll wrote:And hell, one of the biggest motivators I had for making that is how I've never seen some of the people here more lackadaisacal than they've been in this game. I've seen a lot of you press leads, look into hunches, etc, with a ton more vigor with a lot less info in some of these games. It's just frustrating to see everyone just throw up their hands in a shrug and say, "I dunno."

This game is nothing like other games. There's nothing to go on (at least in entirely vanilla mafia games, you have a ratio). There's no way to tell if something is relevant or if it's just flavor. There's no way to tell how many mafia there are. No one has any investigative abilities. There's no leads.

This isn't a normal game. Why would people act like they do in a normal game?

322distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:02 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

There is ridiculously little information, we don't even know the ratio, and to top it off there are apparently town millers. I'm not gonna press hard on people with next to no information, sorry about that I guess.

also ninja'd by cure who said more or less what I wanted

323distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

i'm

super confused w/ thread right now like i think i managed to miss a phase or something somehow or whatever but i just ????

anyway if someone got a message from me it's cool to holla about it now (i'm not really sure what i was trying to do i don't even know why i do what i do ok i just ? ~ ?) but like i've exhausted the extent of my helpfulness at the moment sorry yall

Edit: waIT!! ok so like...do we know that for items people get at certain locations, that someone else will be able to find the same item at that same location? like if this is a known fact someone please tell me cuz like....idk if someone said it already and i just didn't read it

324distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Cure

Cure

Mr. Alice wrote:
Edit: waIT!! ok so like...do we know that for items people get at certain locations, that someone else will be able to find the same item at that same location? like if this is a known fact someone please tell me cuz like....idk if someone said it already and i just didn't read it

Yes.

We don't know if they're unlimited, but there's been a number of items that people have picked up in the same place.

325distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I think that even in a game where we have little information to go on we can be considerate of other people's feelings and posts. You both have points about this game not being a usual game and how that effects play styles but I think that given Tiki's frustration you could both like, I dunno, say "hey sorry you feel that way man" rather than "well that's just how it is this game, kay, lol."

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

326distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 pm

high seraph

high seraph

katze wrote:So Tiki hasn't found any items despite having searched and finding information. Who else hasn't found items at all? I'd really like everyone to speak up about this, please.

I have found two items in my adventures, and quite a few interesting clues. Navigating the place I'm currently at is slightly harder than the previous one, actually, and the clues are a little more obscure than before as well. Btw Katze, I think you've been to this place before as well (and yeah, like Cure said, I think you're at the place I was earlier... I don't really think the broken item can actually be combined with its ~missing piece~ anymore tbh).

alcasync wrote:I'm curious what that last line means because we've clearly failed whatever it is that makes it so nobody dies at all. ;v;

I noticed the line, and I do think it's possible that, in an alternate universe, we actually managed to go through this game without any deaths at all. My own role flavor has a line similar to this one, but I guess I was too shitty at my own job to help make it a reality. ; w;)/ gomenasai

edit to clarify that altho the clues i've found have been interesting, they've also been widely discussed in thread so it's not like im some ace detective holding all these clues like adorable lil babies that im not sharing with anyone because theyre all mine and u cant have my babies unless u r their daddy u kno and i think u arent their daddy so u cant have them, but thats not whats actually happening i have no clues and no babies im just a man with a dream and that dream is to live my life without seeing my friends die and also have babies too thats another dream i hav bye

Last edited by high seraph on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

327distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:20 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Why exactly should I apologize because someone doesn't think I'm playing like I normally do?

I have mentioned my reads before, even if there aren't many. But I'm not gonna go all aggressive on gut feeling, especially not after I just skipped a round (and would probably have another if it wasn't distortion) because I felt dumb and like I'm just always wrong in maf. I'm also pretty damn stressed out irl and can't afford to get stressed out over a mafia game on top of that.

Honestly, this reads like some people are entitled to get frustrated while the rest aren't, or something, and I don't like it.

Signing off for the night, honestly why am I even awake.

328distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Sorry Ezz, I didn't mean you. :( Honestly, you've played much like yourself. That's why I trusted you with a message.

Sorry again. Get some sleep. :(

And thank you, Ninfia.

329distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that we're all friends here and if someone-- anyone!-- is upset and expressing that, it's better to sympathize and try to work with people rather than shrug them off you know? Like, I guess I use sorry differently than some players here because to me, saying "sorry you feel that way" isn't like "here is my apology for a personal thing I did", it's like "hey I sympathize with your feelings right now and it's too bad you feel that way" more or less. I guess it's the apologizing canadian in me.

regardless, I don't mean to make anyone feel bad for how they play or add to irl stress or anything like that, I just think that we should still be considerate.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

330distortion [D4-N6] - Page 22 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Cure

Cure

ezzelin wrote:Why exactly should I apologize because someone doesn't think I'm playing like I normally do?

And this is all I'm going to say on the matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum