Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [N0-N3]

+23
She-Ra
katze
deo
Ardonye
eleni
T3tsuya
ezzelin
Tinylightsflash
Kiyoko
Sammiya
plotstickers
Rasei
Five
Crypsis
Mr. Alice
alcasync
Cure
Tiki The Troll
drandahl
Ninfia
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 56  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 56]

481distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:18 am

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Omg I actually sent in an action that phase because I was so paranoid of missing another chance to haul my butt out somewhere other than where I've been sitting for most of the game.

Legit tho there are so many players I have no idea where to start. Defs not t3t but that's all I've got.

482distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:40 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Frowns deeply.

Anyway. 1916 seems to appear in multiple places, and I found some info suggesting that someone or something does not want whatever happened then to be discovered. Or rather, whatever evil happened that the lady in white vanquished. Which might be happening again. I have no idea if this evil will actually lead us to some relevant information but I think I've discovered my calling in this game.

I might be around the same place as Blaire, and by extension, Rasei; I have not moved away from my starting location since the beginning of the game, but I am moving elsewhere now.

I received one message during the previous night phase, and it was from the person I have been sending messages to.

483distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:48 am

angel★

angel★

finally back home ahhh

gah i'm sad that i wasn't on the computer around rollover otherwise i would've sent in my actions grrr /bitter

also i feel like the extra time given by curfew isn't for the mafia..... mitsu explicitly said a couple of times that activity wasn't required, so i kind of doubt that they'd have a mechanic that requires players to be around during a certain time frame? i feel like it's mainly for the hosts' benefit

hm it's interesting that the phase ended exactly at 10pm though..... i wonder if it was predetermined?

Cure wrote:Angel, you said you were messaging Eleni. Did she ever reply/say anything useful to you?

no, unfortunately since i didn't realize you could send messages in the day, i didn't send one to her until n1 and then well... :( (looking back i realized that i said plural messages but nope i've only ever sent one message and it was to eleni right before she died.... my bad)

i haven't received any messages since my byor message.

also katze lol i thought i had an idea when people were in the same area as me but now i think i'm super wrong so everything is going over my head again whoops

484distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:01 am

angel★

angel★

....wait

uh

i might've caused the phase end....................

i didn't make the connection at all until i was wondering if i had any items i could use, then realized that i already used it, then realized i had no idea what the outcome of it was, and then realized.....

....i also just checked my sentbox and i sent the action to use it exactly 24 hours previously so uh. i feel like that was me.

but in my defense i would not have expected it to do this at all????? if anything i would've expected it to skip the night phase???? ahhhHHHH i'm so sorry /o\

edit: also just a heads up i will probably be gone for most of tomorrow :(

485distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:29 am

chinomi

chinomi

HELLO EVERYONE I'M HERE! Sorry for being so MIA a lot this game - there's lots going on offline for me right now just work-wise and my timezone of being in Japan is not good for speculating with people and bouncing off ideas which is really too bad because while I'm usually shit at it I feel like it would be really quite limitless and fun in this game to do... But, anyway, I have some things to say and join the bandwagon on.

First off, I can confirm I am passive.

@MESSAGE SENDER: No burning on my end, but I'm not quite sure what it did? Regardless, I THINK I know who you are but despite me not know what it did you actually did your own self a huge favour in one way or another. It may come in to play later for your benefit. I unfortunately cannot tell you how or why but just know that you get the thumbs up from my end of the table. If you want to confirm your identity JUST IN CASE (because I'm slow) to me in a following night phase I would really appreciate it, but it's up to you. It'll work out in your favour if you do though, but only if you did what you mentioned you did in your message. That's a really important factor to all of this.

As for my location... Styrofoam planets.

486distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:32 am

high seraph

high seraph

i cant believe its night again ugh, i knew i should've sent my action right after rollover

At any rate I'd like to discredit the theory that all town roles are passive. I'm not saying I'm active per se, but not all town roles are passive. However, I do agree that it's likely that a lot of the actions are going to be triggered by using items. And that's scary as shit tbh, at least from my perspective.

Eleni's death doesn't strike me as particularly suprising tbh. I think something like two out of three mafia teams will prefer to NK players that are somewhat inactive than players as long as they don't believe they have a good enough case to provoke a mislynch on them. The third mafia team will gun for the stronger and more threatening players, but they face the wifom of whether their kill will succeed or fail due to doctor interference. So yeah, idk why the "??? omg why eleni tho" attitudes regarding the NK, but I'm willing to dismiss them.

@angel I want to ask you what item is it that you think possibly triggered the phase end, but I'm also worried that mafia might be able to find this item and plan around the information you revealed about it :-|a I... think the best course of action is to not say anything about the item in thread and be careful who you message about it as well, given it's possible that there was at least 1 mafia at each starting location when the game began, so it's possible they already have this item.

sighs im just rly upset that I didn't send my actions right after rollover like I should jfc >:'(

I feel like there are more things I need to say (particuarly to hayley) but I also have this thesis that won't write itself.........

487distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:48 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I'm not surprised about eleni either. She's a pretty solid player and though she's not an "obvious" early kill target, that's exactly why she was chosen imo. Less likely to be protected if there was a way for town to protect someone.

Not killing 'obvious targets' (using this term loosely because it's subjective) could also mean the targets are either mafia or going to be framed as mafia late-game.

Let's not discount that there might are some in-game mechanics that decide she's the NK. There have been games where kills were based on locations, or games where the mafia didn't know each other and had to vote on who they wanted to kill.

I wish I had more to add, but I've pretty much been going around in a circle character-wise and have yet to get anything significant

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

488distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 am

alcasync

alcasync

Hmm... I don't have anything to support this thought except for the ratio, but I think there must be some sort of gimmick with the mafia. Either they need to find one another, or they recruit over time (like if it's a werewolf like Cure mentioned earlier, maybe they bite people), or maybe there are two small mafia teams rather than one mafia? I don't think it's that we're all town because if we were all town my role wouldn't make sense unless everyone was the same role (which doesn't appear to be the case!)

I suppose the ratio being obscured could also be part of a passive mafia role and I'm just overthinking things. ;v;

489distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:03 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Yeah I don't think we're all town either.

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

490distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:43 am

drandahl

drandahl

Thanks Angel, that explains why the phase end wasn't used for a mislynch, which has been bothering me.

491distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:06 am

Cure

Cure

angel★ wrote:....wait

uh

i might've caused the phase end....................

i didn't make the connection at all until i was wondering if i had any items i could use, then realized that i already used it, then realized i had no idea what the outcome of it was, and then realized.....

....i also just checked my sentbox and i sent the action to use it exactly 24 hours previously so uh. i feel like that was me.

but in my defense i would not have expected it to do this at all????? if anything i would've expected it to skip the night phase???? ahhhHHHH i'm so sorry /o\

edit: also just a heads up i will probably be gone for most of tomorrow :(

The only thing that bothers me about this is if it's an item... that means we could have a lot of phase ends, and I don't think the hosts would implement something that could end the phase up to 23 times. I mean... it could speed up scenario progression, but it'd also mess with actions and messages so much and result in mostly useless phases.

Lucas is there any particular reason you don't think everyone is passive, especially since you just said you're not active (which means you're passive).

also, re: curfew and no activity being required. We don't know how the mafia works. They might even passively kill whoever is near the NK sender after all the actions are figured out.

492distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

I missed a whole phase wth. So far I've only done one thing and it got me the same "lady with white parasol in 1916 vanquished a great evil" info as has been stated already.

Rasei wrote:I'm not near the bloody footprints. I'm in a building with a timeline, pictures, and a rude npc person.

oh shit hey. is this where everyone has gotten that lady in 1916 info or has she been mentioned elsewhere too?

493distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:42 am

Crypsis

Crypsis

woah! what happened? owo)a

i didn't know that ending the phase early was a thing that could happen in games! It made me miss my action on day 2. >A<)9

My ability is passive too! It does things when people act on me (i think i'm allowed to say this?)

alca-nee i'm going to send someone else a message today okay? but I'll send you a message again when i find out more! >w<

494distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:46 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

anyone else getting some hot fuzz vibes in here?

495distortion [N0-N3] - Page 33 Empty Re: distortion [N0-N3] Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:47 am

angel★

angel★

Cure wrote:
The only thing that bothers me about this is if it's an item... that means we could have a lot of phase ends, and I don't think the hosts would implement something that could end the phase up to 23 times. I mean... it could speed up scenario progression, but it'd also mess with actions and messages so much and result in mostly useless phases.

yeah, that's true, but i wonder if some items have a limit of how many there are? or items do different things in the hands of different people?

i mean, there is a chance that i wasn't the one who activated the phase end..... but i think just too many things lined up that it makes sense that it was me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 56]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 56  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum