Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]}

+10
Rasei
Luxaria
Cure
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Ninfia
Kiyoko
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 25]

high seraph

high seraph

WOOO OMG CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!! I'm really happy we managed to get 3 mafia in 3 day phases omfg, this was a rly good game to be town in bahahahah.

Thanks everyone for playing and Kiyo for hosting -- I already said this to you privately, but I loved all the flavor you came up with. I'd also be rly interested in seeing the flavor for everyone's investigation results, if possible!!!

Here are my phone calls with alca ;w;!!!

A (fairly one-sided) conversation over the phone:

By the way i'm embarrassed to say that I actually got drunk and forgot to send my night action on N0, so the doublestuns accomplished nothing... heh

Cure wrote:
Me, N0 wrote:im putting all my money on lucas having rolled a female character so i'm gonna go on a date with lucas okay thanks

oh my god so i was the lady?!??! screams irl

high seraph

high seraph

also @kiyo was there any reason why blaire's rollover death flavor said natural causes instead of gang activity.............. this has been rly bugging me oh my god...

also i think me and Rasei were the cutest ok, also Rasei is the only male with a normal neck

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

hot serawife wrote:also @kiyo was there any reason why blaire's rollover death flavor said natural causes instead of gang activity.............. this has been rly bugging me oh my god...

If Five sent the NK, the target would be beaten up by mafia goons
If Rasei sent the NK, the target would be shot/stabbed
If Luxaria sent the NK, the target would be poisoned

Natural causes because the police couldn't be assed to check for signs of poison for a dead street kid, sorry Blaire you're not important to the fuzz

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Cure

Cure

hot serawife wrote:
oh my god so i was the lady?!??! screams irl

;) let's do it again sometime when i'm less dead

Five

Five

Kiyoko wrote:The ringer box peals like the frenzied summon for a bellhop, but the Railroad Baron is neither a bellhop, nor is he the type to be summoned. He kicks his feet over the arms of his plush velour couch and sips the remainder of what began as a full glass of after-dinner wine. 1811 vintage. Exquisite. The telephone rings out ten, twelve seconds, before he finally acknowledges the call.

There is no need for introductions. A tinny voice wheezes laughter from the receiver. “We got ‘er, boss. The dame you was talkin’ bout. That Gossip, y’know? You was right about her. Never leaves the house, that bird. Well, she definitely ain’t gonna be goin’ nowhere tonight, that’s for sure, poor little bunny. We was all subtle too, just the way you said. Bopped her over the head right after she finished her phone call. Don’t worry, she didn’t say nothin’ important, just ramblin’ on about some hussy from her church group. She had no idea what was comin’. Man! Wish you coulda seen it. Hey, so you know, about that raise--”

“Delightful,” the Railroad Baron replies, and then hangs up the call.
Actually if they beat up the gossip after she got off the phone how was she stunned out of action?

I might like to see a game like this run again, but town needs a lot less investigative power and mafia needs... to be able to do things. Most of our core abilities (actress, stunner) could only be used reliably under certain circumstances, whereas town had a lot of information gathering that worked a lot better even if it wasn't useful on its own.

Also, the entire mafia team thought like the Archivist looked like a guy with huge glasses and a neat beard.

Cure

Cure

To be fair, the only mafia member that was actually lynched because of role-related reasons and not solely on behavior was lux, who was the last mafia member and also at the end of the game after everyone had claimed and shared all their info.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Good job, fellow Townies. =D
And grats to Tiny, you're going to be 2/2 for achievements in official games!

And man, Dylan...I thought for sure Mafia was going to use the kindling you provided to light the Drandahl vs Alcasync fire, get you mislynched. I still have no idea why you FoS'd Alca after I was dead. XD

Five

Five

Yeah, there wasn't really anything that went well for us. But we still couldn't really plan on our roles working, and there was a lot of information in the open between rollover and town's abundance of investigative roles.

Cure

Cure

I think if a mislynch had happened on D1 or 2 (or both), you guys would have been in a pretty good spot since there would have been less town roles and they wouldn't have been able to coordinate so effectively with their information on the last phase. :O

The town investigative roles didn't get a whole lot to work with unless they put them together with other roles/got multiple investigations off.

Five

Five

It would likely have gone better even if just the RNG had settled on a no-lynch day 1. We would have been in a better place had anything gone better, like if I hadn't left before rollover on day 1 or if Lux had been able to bus me earlier on day 2 or if I'd been less busy and showed up earlier. But even if no single piece of information was enough to investigate a player's alignment, there are a lot of town roles focused on getting and spreading it and between that and hints in rollover I think it's a bit much for one game, especially given the mafia's roles requiring certain circumstances to be met before they can reliably get, well, much of anything out of them.

I really like this game concept and would really like to play it again but hope if that happens it'll be new and improved.

Cure

Cure

Possibly true, but we'll never know. I just don't think it's fair to say that the game balance was skewed in town's favor, when the roles themselves actually had relatively little bearing on mafia losing.

Rasei

Rasei

I blame myself. I wasn't active enough during that important first day, because I was at work. Then I had to stop because I witness a car accident.

My role is my second favorite role I ever gotten.

Five

Five

I'm not saying the role balance was entirely responsible for how the game went or anything. I'm just saying that in my opinion based on looking at the list of roles in the setup it was kinda skewed.

Just my feedback, though.

359Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 24 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

What are the achievements tiki???
I had heaps of fun even though my doctor role didn't end up being very useful -u- I wish I could have gotten a slice of the delicious flavour pie though! Even if it were just a couple of lines of feedback after I protected someone (tho I understand that's heaps more work for kiyo). I half wish we'd messed up so we could have played for longer ._.

This is the first time I've seen town win! Wheeeeee!

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I think you got to thine own heart be true and.... something else

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum