Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]}

+10
Rasei
Luxaria
Cure
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Ninfia
Kiyoko
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 25]

high seraph

high seraph

@Gerry,

Well knowing this is only any good as long as we believe the 3rd mafia is female, I guess?

But sure, let's look at each player a little closer:

Ninfia (Archivist) - has been open about her info whenever poked about it by other players. Didn't vote Rasei D1, voted Five D2.

Gerry (Journalist) - Five tried to shift the lynch onto Gerry's direction, which doesn't necessarily clear him, but definitely eases my mind about him anyway.

alca (Photographer) - First to propose the lynch on Rasey on D1.

Tiny (Physician) - triggered the tie between Rasei and NL on D1, resulting in Rasei being lynched.

dran (Professor) - idfk with dran tbh, he could be mafia maybe, but I don't know.

Luxaria (Waitress) - see: Ninfia.

I think pretty much everyone, except for Lux, Ninfia and dran, will have at least one strong argument indicating that they aren't mafia. I guess I haven't really done anything to clear myself yet, but I'm essentially a flavor cop (like I guess pretty much everyone else) that can call someone to send my results to, which should detail something about my target's physical appearance or behavior, and it's effect is apparently semi-random. I've chosen to share my results with alca on both N1 and N2 because I've trusted her since the Rasei lynch.

I'm also not mafia btw :-)

Anyway it's late and I need to get to bed, so I'll think things thru and come back tomorrow morning. Good night ;w;

Cure

Cure

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 30Ei7Wn

Ninfia }
alcasync } Luxaria
high seraph } Luxaria
Mr. Gerbear } Luxaria No Lynch
Luxaria }
drandahl } Luxaria
Tinylightsflash }
Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 Ik2j23b

LUXARIA III
NO LYNCH I

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 I0e6nVG

Last edited by Cure on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

drandahl

drandahl

Lux, I can investigate alignment of roles.

high seraph

high seraph

ok dylan i really don't believe that's what your role does lmfao

unless kiyo is deliberately playing with my expectations of what a game hosted by kiyo should be like

Luxaria

Luxaria

And did you investigate me, specifically, or something else that might be related to my character?

If you investigated alignment as you say and you're confident in it, then I don't know what else I can offer to show otherwise. If the result plainly said Luxaria or Waitress is mafia, then I can tell you that your information is wrong, but if it's related to a characteristic, trait, or the flavor of my character, I guess I can sort of understand that. That said, judging by your tone and emphasis, I'm guessing it's more the former than the latter.

My other question is: Why wouldn't you mention this outright when you first threw shade on me and sent a vote my way, and/or when I first asked you what your reasons were? If your results and analysis are right, then I'd be the last mafia and outing your information isn't sensitive in the slightest since the game would end. But instead you said "role-related reasons", which are now "I can investigate alignment". Can you explain to me your hesitation and what, specifically, turned up as being connected to being mafia? Can you explain the context of your role and what it checks?

For the record, I'm not sure one way or another whether I doubt you can perform investigations of that type as you say (though I will admit I'm skeptical given the nature of this setup), but I've had you in my "would be willing to vote for, probably" for most of the game, and I want proof that you're being earnest here. For the record and since we're discussing the lynch today, the others that fall into this category are Ninfia, I think, and if we're having trouble turning up the final mafia after some flips I'd probably start looking at Gerry and Tiny by process of elimination, though Tiny is still naturally low priority for me due to her being the clinching vote on Rasei, potential for WIFOM aside. Lucas and alca go without saying as people I am not going to vote for unless something damning comes up.

291Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:03 pm

alcasync

alcasync

The ratio is in our favor and I actually don't see drandahl putting himself in the spotlight like this if he's mafia. Even if he were mafia and he got Luxaria mislynched, we'd just lynch him next phase anyway. I'm comfortable lynching Luxaria, and then lynching drandahl if Luxaria flips town. He could easily have pushed for the "one female is mafia" theory without claiming alignment investigation.

vote: Luxaria

292Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:08 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Lucas, do you have reason not to believe my role mechanic claim outside of meta?

Luxaria

Luxaria

This is frustrating.

Since throwing a vote on me, this is all you've had to say:

drandahl wrote:Lux, I'm not moving my vote from you unless you convince me you're not the waitress.

drandahl wrote:Also, my hair is grey and I certainly do not wear a hat.

I trust Archivist for role-related reasons.

drandahl wrote:Lux, I can investigate alignment of roles.

drandahl wrote:Lucas, do you have reason not to believe my role mechanic claim outside of meta?

I first asked you how it is that being waitress meant I was mafia, at which point you suggested it was role-related information, a vague statement. Then, finally you divulge that you can investigate the alignment of roles. I've since asked you what sort of aspects do you investigate or look at, specifically, so I can try to work through this with you, and you ignore me and do not answer. I get it, if you are what you say you are then I'm 100% scum in your eyes and you have no obligation to answer to me. Never mind that there's talk of conflicting reports and information between people, even so far as a mafia member flipped and was revealed to have been disguised as a woman (Rasei).

The only thing I have to go on is the guess that you specifically targeted "Waitress" or turned up information strictly related to the "Waitress", and that this points to this specific role being mafia. Until you reply otherwise, that's all I have to go on. I can't work through whether or not it's a specific characteristic or trait related to my character or anything else.

Meanwhile, this is in the first post under Mechanics:

Some of the town roles are investigative, however instead of learning a player’s alignment, they will learn details like the player’s character’s hair color or history instead. Other town roles will be able to tie characteristics to roles or alignments. (Perhaps someone in mafia has blonde hair? Maybe the journalist has a tattoo!)

The entire purpose of this game is flavor and using the flavor to put the information together in a whodunnit sense. However, you're claiming you received alignment information, but you won't provide any explanation as to how you came by this or the context/description of your role and ability. We just take you at face value because yolo, it's 1:6 so we can throw someone away.

Maybe you actually do have an alignment investigation, as much as I struggle to believe that would be in this game without more flavorful-conditions, and maybe you did get some information that I am mafia and you are operating either with confidence or based off of a hunch. From that perspective, I can't blame you for pushing a lynch onto me, and I can't blame others for following up on it without any evidence or discussion. Like I said, 1:6. I get it. I'm expendable in this sense, and even if drandahl has wrong information and/or is lying, then the game isn't even close to ending. It's a fair risk. It's just frustrating since there's absolutely nothing I have to work with other than a vote on me.

So here, my character: The Waitress. Works at a hotel restaurant on Third and Sixteenth. She's youthful with good looks. She has black hair, blue eyes, and she's well-endowed. She also has a beauty mark over her lip. She's flirty and outgoing, and she's popular with the restaurant's patrons, whom she treats kindly. She wears a pair of gold earrings and a ring or two, but she leaves her fourth finger bare. She's a New York native from a poor family, so rather than make small-talk about her life, she asks people about their life and learns about them.

This probably won't matter for anything at this point. Nothing you've said indicates any of my character's traits link up to being mafia beyond my role name, but on the off-chance they do and you overlooked something, there it is.

I might post again this phase, particularly if you reply, but I also might not. I've never been lynched before as town in the 14 months I've been playing, and I really hate going down without a fight. But there's nothing I can fight here, so whatever, I'm extremely frustrated and I don't want to take it out on the thread. I've said all I can with regards to what I've been given, so lynch me if you all think it is best. I won't hold it against anyone because it makes sense from your perspective. Just make sure after I go down that you don't let Dylan wipe it away with, "Oh, I guess my information was wrong." If you are town and did end up with incorrect information and get lynched for it afterwards, well. At least there's still one more ML by my calculations.

Vote: drandahl. Like you taking the 50/50 on me being mafia, I'm taking the 50/50 on you being mafia or having wrong information. I don't know what your ploy might be if you're mafia since town will turn on you after I flip. Maybe you just really wanted to get one ML off. I don't know, but at least I know there's a greater chance of you being mafia than the last mafia being Ninfia, Gerry, or even Tiny.

drandahl

drandahl

I can imagine this is frustrating. More information (actually, full information):

I can target a role as a night action ("thinking about them"), and get some flavor-y description (a "thesis") of personality traits or alignment.

The result can be fuzzy to interpret as one or the other, so I've avoided spec'ing from it in-thread (and also it feels like a powerful role to hold). However, I'm pretty confident on at least two of my results are alignment-based. Here are my results:

Gossip: Town (summary: People who gossip can't be trusted with incriminating information)
 --Targeted because "Gossip" seems like a role that might spread information. Would be nice to know early on which alignment it's coming from.
Archivist: Town (summary: Archivist straight up is a good member of society)
 --Targeted because I had the most trouble picturing potential role mechanics related to "Archivist"
Waitress: Mafia/Inconclusive (summary: A good waitress must be congenial on the surface, even if that is not how she truly is deep down, in order to get paid well)
 --Targeted after working from the assumption that in a physical trait -based game, not all mafia would be of the same gender (and 2/3 mafia were confirmed male). Also I have wanted to target the waitress all game ;).

Well, these are all the cards I hold. So now we all have access to this same information. It's still possible my readings on waitress are personality-only. I still think lynching on both gender (though the woman-disguise is concerning, and I haven't considered it enough, I think) and on voting patterns makes sense, so lynching Lux this round still seems completely sensible to me.

However if Lux flips town, I don't want a mislynch the next day phase if eyes turn to me. So, unvote. I'm not voting this round, to block me from acting this next night phase. If the NK still happens, I'm cleared. If mafia chooses not to NK to frame me, we're given a bit of extra time to do more investigation. Or, mafia could just kill me.. that could happen too, but at least we'd avoid a mislynch on me in particular.

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

All 3 of these voting options are terrifying. thoughts below.

Ninfia: Hayley's my bro. Also I thought she was being pretty helpful in thread and sharing lots of information that's been consistent with the facts that have unfolded BUT it's true that her voting patterns have been the same as Lux thus far which makes me feel bad because I'm more inclined to vote her than Hayley.

Lux: I find suspicious if only because right before five flipped as mafia they also went on a huge defensive rant about how we'd be buggered if they were lynched and that we should go after the person that pushed the vote against them. The long "Lynch dran next" post kind of mirrored that for me. But also! I've only played one game with you and have never seen you accused of being mafia so that might be the usual when there's votes stockpiled against you. Also you're so good at spec you're like the mafia senpai if feel like an upstart if I voted for you. If you flip town we'll have lost a huge ally plz help from beyond the grave

Dean: claims to have a super convenient role that has only just come to light at a pretty pivotal point but I also have been cagey about my role so I can't really throw stones here. His logic seems to hold up though I get the whole angle of one of the girls likely being maf and as I said I'm less inclined to vote Hayley on account of the similarities between lux and five.

I think Lucas, ger and alca are probably town though, but if we mess up the Lynch today id like to look at who started the voting on lux and why (too sleepy to check now)

Also also I'm super sorry I've been so scarce this game, I didn't have much to say since I'm not an investigative role and I just helped wrap up a big event at school that was sucking up a bunch of my time. I'll try to help out more now though!

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Also tiki you can thank Hayley for my stylish icon she picked it for me kiss kiss 2 u Hayley

high seraph

high seraph

@drandahl ok, I guess if you managed to deduce alignment from a flavorful description of the roles you target, that's a little more believable than Kiyoko straight up making you a alignment cop (a role she's known to not be very fond of) in a game that explicitly states, as Lux quoted, that the investigations will not be centered around alignment. The only thing that seems weird with your claim now is that you can apparently target role names instead of players??? which is???? super weird but whatever I guess???

At any rate, you've been playing this game a lot differently from how you usually play, and you've mixed in bold tactics with a few lies abt your character traits... The last part definitely sounds like town!drandahl tho, and I fell like I've placed too many votes on you because of that in the past lmao. I might have been perfectly fooled, but I'm really sure that you're not mafia at this point. ...you're still the best lynch candidate after Lux tho sorry lmao

So yeah, I'm ok with Alca's plan: lynch Lux today, and drandahl next if she flips town. Lux hasn't really been able to give us a good reason to believe she can't be mafia :-\ The only thing that comes to mind that could potentially work in her favor is that she had been confrontational with Five since early game (saying something like "I'm feeling kind of off abt Five because we are usually more yaoi than this" or... something to that effect), but I'm more willing to believe that that was a tactic to try to distance herself from Five than anything else.

Also @Lux what kind of beauty mark is it. Also maybe share the results you've gathered so far? We're in the game's final stretch, so I don't see the point in withholding any information anymore, and I'm trying really hard to convince myself that you are town tbh.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

hot serawife wrote:@drandahl ok, I guess if you managed to deduce alignment from a flavorful description of the roles you target, that's a little more believable than Kiyoko straight up making you a alignment cop (a role she's known to not be very fond of) in a game that explicitly states, as Lux quoted, that the investigations will not be centered around alignment. The only thing that seems weird with your claim now is that you can apparently target role names instead of players??? which is???? super weird but whatever I guess???

tbh, I'm willing to believe Dran. I also target role names over players and learn some history about them, and I figured from the start I wasn't the only player to do that.

this will probably surprise no one but I've looked into the Commissioner, the Street Rat and the Journalist. it is fairly unfortunate that 2/3 are ded... but they did also die the phase after I looked into them rather than on the nights that they did die.

I've shared everything I've gotten so far but to recap:

Commissioner- got an injury from taking down a crime ring as an officer, then was promoted to his current position about two months before the game started.

Street Rat - I found an advertisement for tailoring suits.

Journalist- Lifestyle and culture section, avoids heavy topics like crime and politics, prolific writer.

based on the information that we do have, I am comfortable with the Lux lynch, then if that doesn't work out, we can lynch Dran (o-or me, I guess, but don't do that plz i am town.)

however, Dran is right about me being a straight up excellent person so i am inclined to believe him.

so yeah Vote: Lux

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I'm putting off getting started on some work so I'll post a little more of my thought process.

Lux is largely process of elimination for me. Alca pushed on Rasei. Tiny Sealed the Deal. Lucas has been hugely helpful thus far. Dran has been straight forward from the beginning and has a role I buy him having. Gerry claimed the journalist when people were hrmning at her and my own investigation of the journalist read as town.

That leaves lux, who has had another person investigate her and fits what we assume we'd be looking for. it seems cut and dry to me. I could wiofm myself into being like its,,,,,, too cut and dry,,, what ams i missing!! however, advice I've given other mafia players is to stick to their guns when something adds up or doesn't add up in a way that points to someone specifically, so I'm willing to stick to my guns in this case.

In terms of my own choices for targets they're somewhat similar to Drans.

Commissioner - seemed most likely to have a stronger investigative role and I wanted to make sure he wasn't a crooked cop. I figured something in his past would give me that information-- either that he was a good cop, an insane cop, or just a bad egg (mafia).

Street Rat - I thought the street rat would be good at sneaking, and I wanted to see if there was anything that would maybe shed light on them. I could see them being a good little errand runner for the mafia potentially.

journalist - a lot of people were side eyeing her in the previous night phase, and it seemed logical to check in while I could. She was also a character I'd probably get a lot of information on, since my flavour says I go through old newspaper articles. (gerry ive read all ur articles will u please sign my newspaper)

so yeah. That's where I'm at.

oh also @ ellen kiss kisses back 2 u ur welcome babe. sorry my icon doesn't match urs but i'll go back to it soon so we can be gay again. im just having an affair with the love of my life rn.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

300Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 20 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

high seraph

high seraph

this is gonna be a slow phase........

i'm still wondering why Blaire's death flavor is different from the others tbh... even tho it's not rly something extremely important for us to dicuss at the moment, i guess...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum