Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 45 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 62]

406Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Cure

Cure

My role has one part and does exactly one thing.

My role is actually extremely limited.

407Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

The Cure wrote:My role has one part and does exactly one thing.

My role is actually extremely limited.

That also seems to be a thing. Ezz's claimed role, if true, is limited. Powerful, but limited. That's kinda how mine is, just with the limitation coming from the second verse.

408Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Cure

Cure

Mine is not powerful.

409Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

raie did you get a sacrifice role again

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

410Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Cure

Cure

Thank fucking god I did NOT.

I have actually hinted at my role earlier in the thread.

411Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I'm going to laugh, and/or cry if you're my Demon. As I could see getting to stun one and only one person as being viewed as limited, and not powerful, heh.

412Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Cure

Cure

I'm not.

413Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yo Tiki, as far as you can tell, is your demon aware that they're the demon? Could it just be that someone's action blocks yours and they don't realize it?

414Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Cure

Cure

I haven't acted. I can't be the demon.

415Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:27 pm

nautilus

nautilus

re: roles and their balance in the game - Judging from thread reaction and knowledge of my own role, I'm betting that this assessment is probably the most correct one:

Tiki the Tralalala wrote:Guessing this means we all likely have 1 role power, potentially with a qualifier separately attached. Hmm, I wonder what this means for my Demon.

I'll update the master post in a bit with all these hot details that have come out throughout this discussion, but I do wonder whether or not Kiyoko's proposed scenario with the demon is accurate...

For what it's worth, thinking about it now, assuming that the vast majority of players in this game have a single role power, give or take x and y qualifiers on this role power, then if the demon's ability to block Tiki's ability is counted as some kind of active ability on its own, d...oesn't it mean that if Tiki dies this player becomes entirely vanilla

And that on its own feels a little weird, because you have a role whose entire ability is centered around Tiki's. I feel like there has to be more than meets the eye here idk, like something along the lines of Kiyoko's theory where demon has some role power that inadvertently blocks Tiki's or something

I'm not ruling it out because I've played in games before where a single player's role was essentially centered around another player's role (... most commonly neutrals, but also town), but it just feels a little weird to me...

inb4 i get burned like i did in crossroads when trying to make assumptions about role balance or abilities in the greater scope of the game tho

416Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Cure

Cure

... I mean... Vowels was completely vanilla outside her passive association to Lulu in lit maf. She literally did nothing other than passively learn who targeted Lulu, and passively kill whoever killed Lulu (... and passively die if lulu died and they were dating).

I'm still surprised her role ended up being as useful as it was because it was a total joke role that could have been completely useless if no one ever targeted Lulu.

I still think it's unlikely here, since none of these roles seem particularly strong by themselves, and only have more or less one active component to them.

417Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:42 pm

nautilus

nautilus

... That's true, actually (though I suppose Aeiou had some utility in the whole "killing anyone that killed lulu thing").

Thinking about it now, from what's been said and what I know, I do agree that the roles in this game seem either weak or not very strong on their own; I guess I'm just kind of curious given everything that's been floating around about role length and parts this past phase since this role is unique in all the ones that have been claimed/hinted at so far in which it appears completely dependent on another player and only influences another player hmm (whereas pizza stunner, while dependent on other players, can influence/act upon other people, for example).

... I wonder if having weaker/less orthodox town roles is a trade off for having neutrals count towards the ratio needed for mafia to win, hmm.

Last edited by Nautilus! At The Disco on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

418Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:44 pm

chinomi

chinomi

maybe everyone isn't very strong on their own because songs are a collaboration of many different components

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b

419Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

what a deep thought I almost fell right in

420Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

chi's got a point

i have a feeling that maybe our roles are intended to harmonize with one another

we should really try to orchestrate a plan that uses all our abilities in concert

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 45 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum