Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

crossroads ✕ town win

+16
drandahl
Aeiou
Rasei
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
katagi
Entelechy
Cure
angel★
chinomi
Five
nautilus
Ninfia
Luxaria
Kiyoko
alcasync
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 52]

616crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 9:13 am

high seraph

high seraph

LISTEN. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'LL ACTUALLY BE RIGHT. AND Y'ALL GONNA BE SORRY FOR NOT TRUSTING ME OK.

anyway not exactly caught up yet but here's a quick post

Five wrote:It seems like he's affected by them and then spits a copy back out--that's how Return Magic worked in the game and it explains the two buses with the same flavor.

I hadn't interpreted Tiki's power as that way before, and it makes a lot of sense. Also, Tiki said that only "the first action in the priority queue" gets rebounded by Return Magic, with a few exceptions. Which means that, if two-objects was the role that he reflected, whatever role-related info you may have had before that made you feel like Tiki was likely to be town still aplies, right?

angelstar wrote:
high seraph wrote:I'm confident that both of you are town, and whoever swaps two objects is mafia.

hmmm why do you think this? because i'm the one who's swapping two objects :V

good to know.

Now it's really an angel vs. ezzelin kind of situation, and ezzelin's second ability, while it COULD be mafia-aligned, it wouldn't exactly be the most useful, which is why I think it's likely that she is town.

Kiyoko wrote:[5/18/2016 8:46:49 PM] lucasssss: kiyo did u animate alca's banners, making them kind of move to the side and back into place???

SHUT UP KiYOKO OH MY GOD ADN @RAIE I DID THE RIGHT CLICK THING BUT I WAS LIKE "HEY JUST BECAUSE ITS A .GIF DOENST MEAN ITS ANIMATED RIGHT??" OK.

anyway I'll vote: Entelechy now because that's what everyone's doing apparently based on some wet dream chi had?? Was any dream-related stuff even on rollover? But yeah, let's lynch duck anyway and next phase we can focus on the whole angel/ezz situation.

Last edited by high seraph on Sat May 21, 2016 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a typo)

617crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 9:30 am

nautilus

nautilus

Hello, Ducky. <o><o> I see your edit.

I have some thoughts on Duck but I have to go for a bit, so I'll be back later. I'm not alone in this thread anymore

Lucas wrote:anyway I'll vote: Entelechy now because that's what everyone's doing apparently based on some wet dream chi had?? Was any dream-related stuff even on rollover? But yeah, let's lynch duck anyway and next phase we can focus on the whole angel/ezz situation.

If chi's a dreamer, I can see her flavour appearing when she's successfully dreaming and not otherwise, but her character definitely fits the inspiration line in rollover. Also, Duck kind of admitted they were mafia last page

@Lucas - Could you elaborate on the angel/ezz situation that you mention in your post? From what I gather, it seems to stem from the fact that Angel and ezz have both claimed redirection and you believe it to be a "one of these is town, other is mafia" sorta thing since you don't think third redirector (Raie) is maf, but mostly I'm just curious about your full argument!

I'm a little ... uncertain about the multiple redirector thing myself because having four separate redirection roles on the exact same side seems like a clusterfuck that I don't even think alca would do, but the one thing that holds me back from discussing it as like... a full-blown point of suspicion is that I'm applying what I believe to be a balanced set of roles to a game that has a really slanted starting ratio, and alca has a history of adding roles with strange alignments in previous games (consider: a mafia member who has the ability to communicate with the dead, a town member that can set up an election) so idk

618crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 9:41 am

Entelechy

Entelechy

I haven't left yet. I someone warned me in chat I had misgendered Five and had to fix it. I am leaving momentary for D2 of Cangames, though. I have been trying to plow through everything I normally need to do in a day first, and I'm almost there!

619crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 10:43 am

high seraph

high seraph

@nautilus - my whole argument lies on the assumption that one of the redirection roles absolutely has to be mafia. The mafia is a pretty big team, but I don't find it likely that they'd have many repeated roles, even though it's perfectly possible. I didn't expect two-object swap person to come forward and claim after I had made this point, but I'm glad angel came forward about it, but this means that I'm really torn between my new friend ezzelin and angel.

I feel like I've delivered too much information for mafia to not consider me a threat at this point regardless of what my actual role (which... isn't even an investigation its just a friendship...), so I'm just gonna out ezz's full role here because I feel like, if she's mafia, I'll be the next NK. So you guys can help me decide which of these three is mafia, ok?

CURE
Mitsuru (Persona 3)
- Marin Karin
- Bufu
ezzelin
Yato (Noragami)
- Phone number
- Possess a body
angelstar
Missile (Ghost Trick)
- Two-objects
- ?????

Whoever ezz leaves her phone number for can send her a message. She targeted me last night phase. I thought a lot about why she would do that. I was the only player who claimed to have succeeded in performing an action during N0, so I supposed she'd be interested in knowing what I had done. To be honest, this is the behavior I'd expect from this kind of role no matter what side they're on: if you're town, you might be learning something cool from me; if you're mafia, you might find out what my role is.

I didn't share any info with ezz because, ultimately, I couldn't decide which side she was on. Instead I asked her to post a specific sentence during the previous night phase ("thank god the creepy drummer doll is dead"). I was planning to target her during the night and confirm whether or not she really had the phone role, which I've verified to be true. The fact that she came forward about it made me feel like she was probably town, as I'd expect mafia to refrain from following my instructions. Anyway, I left that letter in the thread before the night was over because I was worried I might die and leave ezz without any hints. My hint was probably really obvious, considering who her next target was.

Anyway, from what I've learned of ezz's role, and after a bit of googling, it became clear that she was responsible for possessing a body. In the anime or manga or whatever that her character comes from, Yato possesses someone's body in order to fool around, which I guess translated into a redirection role for this game.

This combination of powers (redirection + message receiver?) doesn't seem to me like a very useful set of abilities for mafia, although, live I've been saying repeatedly, it COULD go either way, specially when you think about how Ninfia could communicate with the dead on Gakuen S1.

The fact that angel came forward as the two-object role caught me by surprise, but I'm really glad she did, and it makes me feel like she could potentially be town, and ezz could be mafia. I can't decide though. On one hand, ezz's abilities and the fact that she was willing to identify herself for me makes me feel like she's more likely to be town, but angel's behavior says she's the one who's town. They can't all be town. I'll take a moment to say that I don't think Raie is mafia because she's been hinting at her role powers since the game started and she's been the most transparent out of the whole bunch of redirectors. Also, yeah, katagi was a stunner and the fact that mafia doesn't have (several) repeated roles is the foundation of this entire post.

In conclusion, I'd be comfortable lynching ezz or angel next day phase. atm, I'm feeling ezz more so than angel, because lynching ezz would also give good insight into Lux's alignment (given how hard ezz was presing her earlier). But if I die next phase, then that's pretty indicative that ezz is mafia. ........... tbh ezz is probably the mafia..... Add this to the List of Time Lucas Was Wrong...

ezz why r u mafia...

we played tic tac toe w silas and leo.....

i became a knight just hoping to see u again....... :-(

crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Tumblr_o34rceIgQF1v867ado1_500

620crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:02 am

Cure

Cure

Entelechy wrote:I'll going to be away until after rollover, so I'll just save us the trouble and say that I am mafia, but I do want to say that not being here has not at all been part of my strategy, I just have been legitimately more busy this week and done more this than in the past month combined lmao.

And, yeah, I didn't stand a chance this game. I have the scummiest sounding daily use power "Create a disguise" and then a one shot power that I couldn't use until N2, which would tell everyone exactly what character I was with a single google : P

Oh! And Cure? You stopped me from giving Five a vig kill last night. As in, giving her a gun (sword) to kill someone with. Because the gun could definitely be traced back to me that was the best defense I could think of?

P.S. This post was okay by other mafia I'm not going rogue : P

Well... I mean I didn't stun you because your flavor text was scummy. :V

If mafia actually did okay that post then I think Mafia is not made of particularly aggressive players at all because I cannot imagine a team that would literally okay you outing yourself before you were lynched rather than trying to at least ATTEMPT to throw town off. But, thanks for rolling over and dying for us, I guess? It means we can use the rest of the phase to discuss other mafia candidates. :P

I think the rest of them are probably quiet players.

EDIT YEAH LUCAS I'M PRETTY SURE EZZELIN IS MAFIA whICH MEANS LUX IS ProBABLY town

621crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:08 am

Cure

Cure

Also duck you should probably stop saying things that other mafia have told you/okayed for you/literally anything related to your teammates because we can actually use that to figure out who they are based on personality. :V

I do think that it's interesting that when I called out the "SOMEONE HAS BEEN POSSESSED" line as probably mafia, ezz did not step forward to claim association with it (unlike angel and the two object swap which is equally scummy). Instead ezz jut fosed lux and claimed redirect, but did nt try to argue against me saying that particular flavor was scummy/defend it, which would be behavior expected of town (and mafia would try to pretend not to be associated with it).

622crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:23 am

nautilus

nautilus

oh my god ezz you're yato

I would give you a star, but it's possible you're mafia so I'm very <o><o> Let me read Lucas' post in more depth, but I'm gonna say straight up the phone number fits ezz to a tee.

@Ducky - Oops! Sorry for making it seem a little awkward; I was mostly just <o><o>ing your edit because it came fairly late after your post and I was like <o><o> duck still here... ? but I didn't realize you had misgendered Five and were correcting yourself; carry on!

I had some stuff to say about Duck but Raie basically said it all for me: I feel like given the fact that chinomi's list had three people in it a mafia composed of more... aggressive players would've opted to try and swing the lynch onto either myself or Rasei, since at best we were like, middle of the road folks and neither of us were particularly clear, plus the recent memory of chi faking dreamer in Round 11. The fact that Duck is waving surrender here makes me wonder what the composition of the mafia is and their endgame, because it doesn't seem like mafia's forcefully trying to push counter narratives to defend their fellow mafia, which is really, really weird, especially coming off of an apparent lynch of one of their stunners.

Either mafia is really disorganized, largely afk, or composed of quieter members imo (or they are pulling a huge gambit, but given the ratio I don't understand why they're not pushing for more mislynches, especially since there's yet to be a successful NK)

Last edited by nautilus on Sat May 21, 2016 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

623crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:26 am

high seraph

high seraph

wow i totally skip that ducky post now im actually pretty upset

finding mafia isnt as cool when u just give up, duck >:-(

624crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:29 am

Cure

Cure

I had a weird dream last night that the mafia could only send the NK every other night phase.

Anyway, I'm gonna dissect Duck's posts and draft up a list of likely teammates brb~~~~~

Edit: I think Gerry is mafia based on his hesitance to both bandwagon on Katagi immediately, and also the confusion/skepticism he showed towards the Duck lynch.

which would make. Katagi, Duck, Gerry, ezzelin(?), ???, ???

I absolutely do not think either Kiyoko or Nautilus are mafia at this point based on Duck's past two posts.

625crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:42 am

nautilus

nautilus

Also, yeah, your googling is correct, Lucas: Yato does possess people. I... can see that being a redirect, actually.

For the most part, I'm willing to accept the existence of multiple roles in this game that have the same basic abilities (like, more than one individual with idk investigative abilities or redirection abilities as a whole), but the abilities themselves are modified in such a way that they end up being different and used in different situations (so like, a bus driver vs a one-way redirect, or something like the variants of rollover cops we've seen so far this game). Essentially nothing that seems really... redundant.

The one thing that feels off to me is the sheer concentration of redirects in this game combined with the fact that according to what's been claimed, ezz and Raie have very, very similar redirection abilities (target a player and have then act on another or themselves), though ezz professed not to act on N0, so maybe it's like an x-shot redirect?

Speaking of Angel, I'm kind of wondering whether or not she figured out what happened with her double action, l-lol. All these dogs

626crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 11:55 am

Cure

Cure

Duck @ 8:14 AM wrote:Oh! And Cure? You stopped me from giving Five a vig kill last night. As in, giving her a gun (sword) to kill someone with. Because the gun could definitely be traced back to me that was the best defense I could think of?
I'm really curious why he picked Five in particular to send the gun to. I do think Five is probably town, but she hasn't been explicitly cleared in thread like some people like vowels/saki. Saki would definitely have asked thread for advice about the gun/how to use it/where she thought it came from, so I'm REALLY WONDERING why mafia decided to give the gun to Five.

Duck @ 8:14 AM wrote:P.S. This post was okay by other mafia I'm not going rogue : P
This post was made at 8:14 AM PST. It was probably being discussed up to an hour beforehand, which means mafia consists of at least a few people who are in EST, get up unreasonably early, or live in europe/asia. +1 to ezzelin being maf.

Duck @ 9:41 AM wrote:I haven't left yet. I someone warned me in chat I had misgendered Five and had to fix it.
Probably the same someone who okayed duck giving up in thread. I think there's a very short list of people that would specifically call that out and ask it to be changed. +1 to ezz/ninfia being maf. (unless it was katagi which it could have been)

List time.

TOWN

➳ Ace - Cleared by Chinomi, protectyjail. Protected Ninfia N0, Nautilus N1, Vowels N2. is vanilla flavored now.
➳ Crypsis - Cleared by Chinomi, flavor playercop/mortician. Adorable.
➳ Kiyoko - Tracker/PROTECTION AWARENESS-ER. Very unlikely to be mafia based on events of the game/role powers in general. I'm pretty sure I've figured out how Kiyo's ability works now, but that's all I'm going to say.
➳ nautilus - AN ENIGMA THAT IS NOT A DOG. Very unlikely to be mafia based on events of the game. I think I have an idea about what she might do, but that's all I'm going to say.
➳ Five - Lucas's best friend. Seems to have a reason for thinking I'm town since D1? Very helpful. I have an idea on her abilities but I don't really want to probe about it.
➳ high seraph - a fire emblem mason/message sender. is best friends with five and ezzelin.
➳ chinomi - wahahaha dreamer. she was very intent on saki being town before we had a real concrete reason to believe saki is town, so at the very least if the dreaming is a con it has been a LONG con. She's probably town.
➳ Aeiou - flavor analyzer. is vanilla flavored now.
➳ Cure - Ice Execution Queen. Has the most straightforward abilities.
➳ angelstar - was quick to claim bus/object swapper when everyone was suspicious of the bus driver. has been pretty transparent/forthcoming with information which reads town to me.
➳ Rasei - KIYO SEEMS TO NOT BE COMFORTABLE LYNCHING HER AND THINKS SHE'S TOWN. I'm just putting everyone that is More Likely To Be Town in this list at this point.
➳ Luxaria - if ezzelin is mafia, Lux is town. ezz seemed to go really hard on lux immediately (possibly seeing the discrepancy in what lux said and thinking she could get her lynched for it since everyone was already sort of suspicious of lux. it would keep people from going after duck instead). did ezz ever show back up to comment on lux's defense of herself?

oho look at this. FIVE PEOPLE YOU SAY? FOR FIVE MAFIA???????

MAFIA

➳ Entelechy - admitted to being mafia.
➳ Ninfia - has been reading a lot like she acts when she's mafia. made a suspect list and her suspicion of ace stood out the most to me since literally no one else really was suspicious of him and she made a very detailed case against him trying to make him look scummy.
➳ Tiki The Troll - process of elimination at this point honestly, and I could see tiki being one of the quieter players on this mafia team sorry tiki. also the return magic isn't an inherently town-sounding ability.
➳ Mr. Gerbear - reluctant to vote katagi, reluctant to vote duck, is a quiet player. i just really think gerry is maf.
➳ ezzelin - is another redirect, fits the bill for mafia redirector, has been pretty afk mia might not be able to contribute much to mafia discussion because of it

at least one of these is probably wrong and someone in my town list is probably mafia, but i think at least 2/3 of these people are mafia. Not including duck. i guess.

627crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Cure wrote:➳ Tiki The Troll - process of elimination at this point honestly, and I could see tiki being one of the quieter players on this mafia team sorry tiki. also the return magic isn't an inherently town-sounding ability.

Eh. Fair. I don't like being quiet, but I'm not one of the half a dozen people here with investigative powers and/or tons of info.
I'm just here to watch. XD

628crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Cure

Cure

:T Well, I mean I don't have investigative power, and I don't have a ton of info either. I don't even know if my abilities go through unless my targets out that they were stunned or got weird results.

629crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 12:21 pm

nautilus

nautilus

crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 26Fxr37Nm9FNtOonK

About guns... considering katagi pulled off the same thing on me (that is, mafia gunsmithed me in a previous game), it really baffles me why mafia would attempt to gunsmith a player who knew of that gambit and likely would be suspicious about guns from strange sources? Over someone like Saki/Aeiou who would be less unsure of what to do with the gun... In addition, mafia is in a bad position given the lack of NKs and ... needs kills... idk

That being said, we should still take everything Duck said with a grain of salt, because it's entirely likely Duck is lying about everything except the "they're mafia" bit.

@Rasei - Will your action successfully show up in rollover if you self-target, or will it fail to appear? I'm trying to dig at something here given what's come up this phase, but I'm not too sure...

Last edited by nautilus on Sat May 21, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

630crossroads ✕ town win - Page 42 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Sat May 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Cure

Cure

I think Gerry is some sort of jailer. since rasei was roleblocked, but it's not a "stun" according to him. I don't think my redirect did anything to her at all since her action was canceled.

Even if duck is lying about literally everything related to his role, I don't think it changes any of the mafia suspects.

I thought the repeated gunsmith gambit was very odd, too. Even more reason for neither you nor kiyo to be mafia.

Last edited by Cure on Sat May 21, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum